She was all about love, healing, and helping as you’ll see in these Elisabeth Kubler-Ross quotes.
Death is a topic that many of us want to forget about or ignore until life forces us to confront it.
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross took a different approach.
She had a few personal experiences with watching peaceful passings during her childhood and then work to help communities rebuild after World War II.
While in a concentration camp, she met a young survivor who shared her story of focusing on peace and forgiveness instead of hatred and bitterness.
This is a message that Elisabeth carried forward.
She became a psychiatrist and created what is now famously titled “Five Stages of Grief”.
Her work in helping dying patients and loved ones was transformational for people and will continue to be.
Don’t forget to also check out these grief quotes celebrating the life of someone who passed away.
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross Quotes about Knowledge and Wisdom
1. “The opinion which other people have of you is their problem, not yours.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
2. “It is very important that you only do what you love to do. you may be poor, you may go hungry, you may lose your car, you may have to move into a shabby place to live, but you will totally live.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
3. “There is within each one of us a potential for goodness beyond our imagining; for giving which seeks no reward; for listening without judgment; for loving unconditionally.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
4. “Mankind’s greatest gift, also its greatest curse, is that we have free choice. We can make our choices built from love or from fear.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
5. “Today, in our “shut up, get over it, and move on” mentality, our society misses so much, it’s no wonder we are a generation that longs to tell our stories.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
6. “The more you learn, the harder the lessons get.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
7. “When someone is telling you their story over and over, they are trying to figure something out.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
8. “Your sorrow is the inevitable result of circumstances beyond your control.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
9. “We need time to move through the pain of loss. We need to step into it, really to get to know it, in order to learn.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
10. “We often tend to ignore how much of a child is still in all of us.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
11. “Education makes you humble, it doesn’t make you proud.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross Quotes about Love and Peace
12. “The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
13. “There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden, or even your bathtub.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
14. “If we could raise one generation with unconditional love, there would be no Hitlers. We need to teach the next generation of children from Day One that they are responsible for their lives.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
15. “Forgive yourself.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
16. “You are worthy and lovable, just as you are, on your own.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
17. “But intellect does not inform matters of the heart. Regrets.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
18. “Forgive them if you need to.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
19. “So many ways, loss shows us what is precious, while love teaches us who.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
20. “Learning lessons is a little like reaching maturity. You’re not suddenly more happy, wealthy, or powerful, but you understand the world around you better, and you’re at peace with yourself.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
21. “Love is really the only thing we can possess, keep with us, and take with us.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Beautiful Elisabeth Kubler-Ross Quotes about Hope and Faith
22. “There are no mistakes, no coincidences. All events are blessings given to us to learn from.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
23. “Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
24. “Live, so you do not have to look back and say: ’God, how I have wasted my life.’” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
25. “The wholeness we seek lives here, with and within us, now, in reality.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
What did you learn from these Elisabeth Kubler-Ross quotes?
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross spent her life dedicated to making a positive difference in the world for people.
In 2007, she was inducted into the National Woman’s Hall of Fame.
She received many honorary degrees throughout her life and estimates that she taught well over 100,000 students through the courses she taught on death and dying.
She’s even credited with starting the first prison hospice in the world and her foundation website shares that she was, “trying to seat an AIDS hospice for abandoned babies” when she retired.
There are some people who spend their life in a way that makes a big and lasting impact on others, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross was definitely one of those people.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Elisabeth Kubler-Ross quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST