Our latest collection of healing quotes to help you recover from life’s challenges.
The quotes below will give you strength and help you get through any struggle.
Life struggle is one of the things that can’t be bypassed in life. No matter how strong or rich you are, there will be a point in your life that you will find yourself in a painful and weakened state.
Dealing with hardship is never easy. But no matter what challenges and struggles you find yourself in, your power to overcome them is the measurement of your strength.
Whenever you’re passing through any form of challenge, always remember that nothing is permanent in life and that this period will pass away. You might feel like your healing process is taking forever but you’ll eventually feel better and happier.
To help you recover from life struggles, below is our collection of inspirational, comforting, and uplifting healing quotes, healing sayings, and healing proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Also check out our list of positive energy quotes for healing.
Healing quotes honoring your struggles and strengths
1. ”Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.” – Tori Amos
2. ”The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.” – Caroline Myss
3. ”Self-forgiveness is essential to self-healing.” – Ruth Carter Stapleton
4. ”Healing yourself is connected with healing others.” – Yoko Ono
5. ”Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
6. ”Healing is an art. It takes time, it takes practice. It takes love.” – Maza Dohta
7. ”When we heal the earth, we heal ourselves.” – David Orr
8. ”Healing is an inside job.” – Dr. B.J. Palmer
9. ”It’s when we start working together that the real healing takes place.” – David Hume
10. ”Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease.” – Hippocrates
Healing quotes to give you strength and courage
11. ”It has been said that time heals all wounds. The truth is that time does not heal anything. It merely passes. It is what we do during the passing of time that helps or hinders the healing process.” – Jay Marshall
12. ”Every step taken in mindfulness brings us one step closer to healing ourselves and the planet.” –Thich Nhat Hanh
13. ”Laughter is important, not only because it makes us happy, it also has actual health benefits. And that’s because laughter completely engages the body and releases the mind. It connects us to others, and that in itself has a healing effect.” – Marlo Thomas
14. “The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.” – Marianne Williamson
15. ”Awareness is the first step in healing.” – Dean Ornish
16. ”Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn’t you – all of the expectations, all of the beliefs – and becoming who you are.” – Rachel Naomi Remen
17. ”I’ve experienced several different healing methodologies over the years – counseling, self-help seminars, and I’ve read a lot – but none of them will work unless you really want to heal.” – Lindsay Wagner
18. ”Of one thing I am certain, the body is not the measure of healing, peace is the measure.” – Phyllis McGinley
19. ”Love one another and help others to rise to the higher levels, simply by pouring out love. Love is infectious and the greatest healing energy.” – Sai Baba
20. ”Healing does not mean going back to the way things were before, but rather allowing what is now to move us closer to God.” – Ram Dass
You might also like these get well soon quotes that will help you know what to say when someone you love is feeling sick.
Healing quotes to help you recover from struggle
21. ”One of the most healing things you can do is recognize where in your life you are your own poison.” – Steve Maraboli
22. ”Attention to the human body brings healing and regeneration. Through awareness of the body we remember who we really are.” – Jack Kornfield
23. ”The place of true healing is a fierce place. It’s a giant place. It’s a place of monstrous beauty and endless dark and glimmering light. And you have to work really, really, really hard to get there, but you can do it.” – Cheryl Strayed
24. ”By far the strongest poison to the human spirit is the inability to forgive oneself or another person. Forgiveness is no longer an option but a necessity for healing.” – Caroline Myss
25. ”It’s not all about healing yourself; it’s just as importantly about letting yourself heal.” – Terri Guillemets
26. ”Ultimately, there can be no complete healing until we have restored our primal trust in life.” – Georg Feuerstein
27. ”To heal is to touch with love that which we previously touched with fear.” – Stephen Levine
28. ”I have come to understand that some of the deepest and most effective healing is not found at a doctor’s office or a hospital, but rather from inside ourselves. Our bodies are designed for self-healing, and we are capable of both boosting and blocking that ability.” – Dr. Daju Suzanne Friedman
29. ”It is reasonable to expect the doctor to recognize that science may not have all the answers to problems of health and healing.” – Norman Cousins
30. ”We cannot selectively numb emotions. When we numb the painful emotions, we also numb the positive emotions.” –Brené Brown
Healing quotes to help you feel better and happier
31. ”Progress and healing involves seeing every person as not so different from ourselves.” – Bryant H. McGill
32. ”Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Kahlil Gibran
33. ”We do not heal the past by dwelling there; we heal the past by living fully in the present.” – Marianne Williamson
34. ”Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls your life.” – Akshay Dubey
35. ”Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken.” – Albert Camus
36. ”There is no coming to consciousness without pain.” – Carl Jung
37. ”Meditation can help us embrace our worries, our fear, our anger; and that is very healing. We let our own natural capacity of healing do the work.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
38. ”To me, forgiveness is the cornerstone of healing.” – Sylvia Fraser
39. ”It’s not forgetting that heals. It’s remembering.” – Amy Greene
40. ”Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion.” – Buddha
Don’t forget to also read these inspiring All the Bright Places quotes on mental health, love, and more.
Helpful and comforting healing quotes
41. ”When you really listen to yourself, you can heal yourself.” – Ceanne Derohan
42. ”For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open – into the light, out of the darkness.” – Reba McEntire
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of dark quotes that will motivate you to keep going and encourage you that things will be OK.
43. ”Tears are God’s gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow.” – Rita Schiano
44. ”All healing is first a healing of the heart.” – Carl Townsend
45. “In every community there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart there is the power to do it.” – Marianne Williamson
46. “When I stand before thee at the day’s end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.” – Rabindranath Tagore
47. ”The greatest healing would be to wake up from what we are not.”- Mooji
48. ”Healing is the application of love.” – Iyanla Vanzant
49. ”The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi
50. ”Love is the most important healing power there is.” – Louise Hay
Healing quotes to remind you of your strength
51. “Sometimes we must yield control to others and accept our vulnerability so we can be healed.”― Kathy Magliato
52. “Healing requires from us to stop struggling, but to enjoy life more and endure it less.” – Darina Stoyanova
53. “No matter how long it takes to heal…we share the same scars…”
― Daniel Yanez
54. “She wore her battle scars like wings, looking at her you would never know that once upon a time she forgot how to fly.”― Nikki Rowe
55. “Even the smallest shift in perspective can bring about the greatest healing.”― Joshua Kai
56. “Healing Follows Forgiveness.”― Pat Bluth
57. “Be just the balm you need to heal what ails you.”― Heather Davis
58. “The ache will always be there, but the intensity will fade, and you’ll find other beautiful things to fill your days with.”― Lang Leav
59. “I’m going to follow this invisible red thread until I find myself again… until I finally figure out… who I’m meant to be.”― Jennifer Elisabeth
60. “Every problem you face is an opportunity to learn something. The biggest lessons in your life have been learned from the darkest days.”― Tracy Malone
Also check out these self harm quotes that will help move you to a calm moment.
More healing quotes to inspire you
61. “When wounds are healed by love, The scars are beautiful.”― David Bowles
62. “Music is such a great healing balm and a great way to forget your troubles.” – Ricky Skaggs
63. “Instead of saying, “I’m damaged, I’m broken, I have trust issues” say “I’m healing, I’m rediscovering myself, I’m starting over.”― Horacio Jones
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of trust issues quotes that will help you understand the meaning of trust.
64. “You will be a different person after the storm, because the storm will heal you from your perfection.”― Bryant McGill
65. “The more you are able to forgive then the more you are able to love.”
― Stephen Richards
66. “A true healer is the one who heals himself first so others can benefit from his own healing.”― Hong Curley
67. “Only when we face the impossible, and experience the unbearable, do we find out who we truly are.”― Vironika Tugaleva
68. “Allow yourself to ache. In it, there is healing.”― Naide P Obiang
69. “Give it air & let the scar on your soul reveal itself, because, like the body, it too was made to heal itself.”― Curtis Tyrone Jones
70. “A suffering heart cannot cure another suffering heart, but love can.”
― Ephantus Mwenda
You might also like these vaccine quotes celebrating the power of science and medicine.
Other inspirational healing quotes and sayings
71. “Time didn’t heal, but it anesthetized. The human mind could only feel so much.” – P.D. James
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes that will brighten your day.
72. “As soon as healing takes place, go out and heal somebody else.” – Maya Angelou
73. “We don’t heal in isolation, but in community.” – S. Kelley Harrell
74. “It’s harder to heal than it is to kill.” – Tamora Pierce
75. “Given enough time and distance, the heart will always heal.” – Laura Fitzgerald
76. “Wounds are like water set to boil – they heal best left unwatched.” – Gabrielle Zevin
77. “Being healed means committing to use your resources and knowledge.” – S. Kelley Harrell
78. “Even when something is not your fault, toxic blame has no place in your life. Focus on your own empowerment and healing.” – Bryant McGill
79. “Temporary, but excruciating, pain is the price of healing.” – Vironika Tugaleva
80. “Life is so messy. It’s heartache and headaches and bedhead and tears. Then life is glorious. And then it’s messy all over again.” – Candy Leigh
Which of these healing quotes resonated with you best?
Life is a big fight and everyday we all fight to make life worthwhile.
If you are facing some life challenges, remember that it’s preparation for a bigger and better face of your life.
We all want to feel better, to cope better with pain, and to be happier. No matter how long your healing process takes, remember that struggle isn’t failing and be more gentle and kind to yourself.
Did you enjoy these healing quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
March 22, 2021 6:00 AM EST