Our latest collection of healing quotes to help you recover from life’s challenges.
The quotes below will give you strength and help you get through any struggle.
Life struggle is one of the things that can’t be bypassed in life. No matter how strong or rich you are, there will be a point in your life that you will find yourself in a painful and weakened state.
Dealing with hardship is never easy. But no matter what challenges and struggles you find yourself in, your power to overcome them is the measurement of your strength.
Whenever you’re passing through any form of challenge, always remember that nothing is permanent in life and that this period will pass away. You might feel like your healing process is taking forever but you’ll eventually feel better and happier.
To help you recover from life struggles, below is our collection of inspirational, comforting, and uplifting healing quotes, healing sayings, and healing proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Also check out our list of positive energy quotes for healing.
Healing quotes honoring your struggles and strengths
1. ”Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.” – Tori Amos
2. ”The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.” – Caroline Myss
3. ”Self-forgiveness is essential to self-healing.” – Ruth Carter Stapleton
4. ”Healing yourself is connected with healing others.” – Yoko Ono
5. ”Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
6. ”Healing is an art. It takes time, it takes practice. It takes love.” – Maza Dohta
7. ”When we heal the earth, we heal ourselves.” – David Orr
8. ”Healing is an inside job.” – Dr. B.J. Palmer
9. ”It’s when we start working together that the real healing takes place.” – David Hume
10. ”Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease.” – Hippocrates
Healing quotes to give you strength and courage
11. ”It has been said that time heals all wounds. The truth is that time does not heal anything. It merely passes. It is what we do during the passing of time that helps or hinders the healing process.” – Jay Marshall
12. ”Every step taken in mindfulness brings us one step closer to healing ourselves and the planet.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
13. “Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us.” – David Richo
14. “The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.” – Marianne Williamson
15. ”Awareness is the first step in healing.” – Dean Ornish
16. ”Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn’t you – all of the expectations, all of the beliefs – and becoming who you are.” – Rachel Naomi Remen
17. “Healing old hurts can only begin when the children we once were feel safe enough to speak their hearts to the adults we are now.” – L.R. Knost
18. ”Of one thing I am certain, the body is not the measure of healing, peace is the measure.” – Phyllis McGinley
19. ”Love one another and help others to rise to the higher levels, simply by pouring out love. Love is infectious and the greatest healing energy.” – Sai Baba
20. ”Healing does not mean going back to the way things were before, but rather allowing what is now to move us closer to God.” – Ram Dass
You might also like these get well soon quotes that will help you know what to say when someone you love is feeling sick.
Healing quotes to help you recover from struggle
21. ”One of the most healing things you can do is recognize where in your life you are your own poison.” – Steve Maraboli
22. ”Attention to the human body brings healing and regeneration. Through awareness of the body we remember who we really are.” – Jack Kornfield
23. “The good news is you survived. The bad news is you’re hurt and no one can heal you but yourself.”― Clementine von Radics
24. “Healing is simply attempting to do more of those things that bring joy and fewer of those things that bring pain.” – O. Carl Simonton
25. ”It’s not all about healing yourself; it’s just as importantly about letting yourself heal.” – Terri Guillemets
26. ”Ultimately, there can be no complete healing until we have restored our primal trust in life.” – Georg Feuerstein
27. ”To heal is to touch with love that which we previously touched with fear.” – Stephen Levine
28. “Healing is impossible in loneliness; it is the opposite of loneliness. Conviviality is healing. To be healed we must come with all the other creatures to the feast of Creation.” – Wendell Berry
29. “For the human soul is virtually indestructible, and its ability to rise from the ashes remains as long as the body draws breath.” – Alice Miller
30. “Healing is embracing what is most feared; healing is opening what has been closed, softening what has hardened into obstruction, healing is learning to trust life.” – Jeanne Achterberg
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these break up quotes that will help you overcome the pain of separation.
Healing quotes to help you feel better and happier
31. ”Progress and healing involves seeing every person as not so different from ourselves.” – Bryant H. McGill
32. ”Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Kahlil Gibran
33. ”We do not heal the past by dwelling there; we heal the past by living fully in the present.” – Marianne Williamson
34. ”Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls your life.” – Akshay Dubey
35. “We can heal. Perhaps we can return to that same place we once stood, when we were both young and innocent.” – Marie Lu
36. ”There is no coming to consciousness without pain.” – Carl Jung
37. ”Meditation can help us embrace our worries, our fear, our anger; and that is very healing. We let our own natural capacity of healing do the work.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
38. ”To me, forgiveness is the cornerstone of healing.” – Sylvia Fraser
39. ”It’s not forgetting that heals. It’s remembering.” – Amy Greene
40. ”Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion.” – Buddha
Don’t forget to also read these inspiring All the Bright Places quotes on mental health, love, and more.
Helpful and comforting healing quotes
41. ”When you really listen to yourself, you can heal yourself.” – Ceanne Derohan
42. ”For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open – into the light, out of the darkness.” – Reba McEntire
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of dark quotes that will motivate you to keep going and encourage you that things will be OK.
43. ”Tears are God’s gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow.” – Rita Schiano
44. ”All healing is first a healing of the heart.” – Carl Townsend
45. “Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go.” – Roy T. Bennett
46. “When I stand before thee at the day’s end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.” – Rabindranath Tagore
47. ”The greatest healing would be to wake up from what we are not.” – Mooji
48. ”Healing is the application of love.” – Iyanla Vanzant
49. “Once you start laughing, you start healing.” – Sherry Argov
50. ”Love is the most important healing power there is.” – Louise Hay
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these mental health quotes for happiness and success.
Healing quotes to remind you of your strength
51. “Sometimes we must yield control to others and accept our vulnerability so we can be healed.”― Kathy Magliato
52. “Healing requires from us to stop struggling, but to enjoy life more and endure it less.” – Darina Stoyanova
53. “No matter how long it takes to heal…we share the same scars…”― Daniel Yanez
54. “Do not look for healing at the feet of those who broke you.” – Rupi Kaur
55. “Even the smallest shift in perspective can bring about the greatest healing.”― Joshua Kai
56. “Healing Follows Forgiveness.”― Pat Bluth
57. “Be just the balm you need to heal what ails you.”― Heather Davis
58. “The ache will always be there, but the intensity will fade, and you’ll find other beautiful things to fill your days with.”― Lang Leav
59. “I’m going to follow this invisible red thread until I find myself again… until I finally figure out… who I’m meant to be.”― Jennifer Elisabeth
60. “Do not delay healing just to wait on an apology that may never come.”― Christine E. Szymanski
Also, check out these self harm quotes that will help move you to a calm moment.
More healing quotes to inspire you
61. “When wounds are healed by love, The scars are beautiful.”― David Bowles
62. “Music is such a great healing balm and a great way to forget your troubles.” – Ricky Skaggs
63. “Instead of saying, “I’m damaged, I’m broken, I have trust issues” say “I’m healing, I’m rediscovering myself, I’m starting over.”― Horacio Jones
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of trust issues quotes that will help you understand the meaning of trust.
64. “You will be a different person after the storm, because the storm will heal you from your perfection.”― Bryant McGill
65. “The more you are able to forgive then the more you are able to love.”
― Stephen Richards
66. “A true healer is the one who heals himself first so others can benefit from his own healing.”― Hong Curley
67. “Only when we face the impossible, and experience the unbearable, do we find out who we truly are.”― Vironika Tugaleva
68. “Allow yourself to ache. In it, there is healing.”― Naide P Obiang
69. “Give it air & let the scar on your soul reveal itself, because, like the body, it too was made to heal itself.”― Curtis Tyrone Jones
70. “We heal our past by living our present love relationship.”― Donna Goddard
You might also like these deep quotes will change how you see the world.
Other inspirational healing quotes and sayings
71. “Time didn’t heal, but it anesthetized. The human mind could only feel so much.” – P.D. James
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes that will brighten your day.
72. “As soon as healing takes place, go out and heal somebody else.” – Maya Angelou
73. “We don’t heal in isolation, but in community.” – S. Kelley Harrell
74. “It’s harder to heal than it is to kill.” – Tamora Pierce
75. “Given enough time and distance, the heart will always heal.” – Laura Fitzgerald
76. “Wounds are like water set to boil – they heal best left unwatched.” – Gabrielle Zevin
77. “Being healed means committing to use your resources and knowledge.” – S. Kelley Harrell
78. “Even when something is not your fault, toxic blame has no place in your life. Focus on your own empowerment and healing.” – Bryant McGill
79. “Temporary, but excruciating, pain is the price of healing.” – Vironika Tugaleva
80. “Life is so messy. It’s heartache and headaches and bedhead and tears. Then life is glorious. And then it’s messy all over again.” – Candy Leigh
81. “I have been a seeker and I still am, but I stopped asking the books and the stars. I started listening to the teaching of my Soul.” – Rumi
82. “Humor is healing.” – Brad Garrett
83. “Don’t cry when the sun is gone because the tears won’t let you see the stars.” – Violeta Para
84. “Healing the soul first; then healing of the mind and body will follow.” – Zhi Gang Sha
85. “The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.” – Hubert H.Humphrey
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of rejection quotes about life, love, and goals.
Healing quotes to help you feel better
86. “The soul is healed by being with children.” — Fyodor Dostoyevsky
87. “A broken heart heals when we allow the healing to go as deep as the wound went.”— Beth Moore
88. “Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.” — Hippocrates
89. “Part of the healing process is sharing with other people who care.” — Jerry Cantrell
90. “Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is.”— Gary Zukav
91. “Everybody has losses—it’s unavoidable in life. Sharing our pain is very healing.” — Isabel Allende
92. “Words of kindness are more healing to a drooping heart than balm or honey.” — Sarah Fielding
93. “Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” — Proverbs 16:23-25
94. “There are so many ways to heal. Arrogance may have a place in technology, but not in healing. I need to get out of my own way if I am to heal.” — Anne Wilson Schaef
95. “The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore, the physician must start from nature, with an open mind.” — Paracelsus
Healing quotes about music and everything in between
96. “Nothing is so healing as the human touch.” — Bobby Fischer
97. “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” — Bob Marley
98. “The wish for healing has always been half of health.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
99. “To spread love, healing, peace, and joy is my mission in life – and so I speak up.” — India Arie
100. “Music has healing power. It has the ability to take people out of themselves for a few hours.” — Elton John
101. “An exchange of empathy provides an entry point for a lot of people to see what healing feels like.” — Tarana Burke
102. “I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music.” — Billy Joel
103. “It’s always hard to deal with injuries mentally, but I like to think about it as a new beginning. I can’t change what happened, so the focus needs to go toward healing and coming back stronger than before.” — Carli Lloyd
104. “We need to give each other the space to grow, to be ourselves, to exercise our diversity. We need to give each other space so that we may both give and receive such beautiful things as ideas, openness, dignity, joy, healing, and inclusion.” — Max de Pree
105. “Ten years ago, I still feared loss enough to abandon myself in order to keep things stable. I’d smile when I was sad, pretend to like people who appalled me. What I now know is that losses aren’t cataclysmic if they teach the heart and soul their natural cycle of breaking and healing.” — Martha Beck
Short but Meaningful Healing Quotes
106. “Self-forgiveness can heal you.” – Andrew Zaffina
107. “Silence is a place of great power and healing.” – Rachel Naomi Remen
108. “It doesn’t hurt me unless I interpret it’s happening as harmful to me. I can choose not to.” – Marcus Aurelius
109. “Change, like healing, takes time.” – Veronica Roth
110. “A clear mind heals everything that needs to be healed.” – Byron Katie
111. “There is a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in.” – Leonard Cohen
112. “Stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it.” – Paulo Coelho
113. “If we are to nurture and heal, we must admit that the wounds exist.” – Iyanla Vanzant
114. “Knowing your own mind is the solution to all our problems.” – Lama Yeshe
115. “I think I’ve solved more problems on long walks than in front of a computer.” – Sahil Lavingia
Which of these healing quotes resonated with you best?
Life is a big fight and everyday we all fight to make life worthwhile.
If you are facing some life challenges, remember that it’s preparation for an improved part of your life.
We all want to feel better, to cope better with pain, and to be happier. No matter how long your healing process takes, remember that struggle isn’t failing and be more gentle and kind to yourself.
Did you enjoy these healing quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
May 12, 2022 5:00 AM EST