Fans of horror movies will love these Elvira quotes!
Elvira is a fictional character and the stage persona of actress Cassandra Gay Peterson.
Elvira became famous for her love of B Horror movies, her looks, and her humor.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
The character became famous for her weekly B horror movie presentations on the television station KHJ-TV in Los Angeles.
Each week she would be in her famous tight and revealing costume while cracking jokes and encouraging a love of horror movies as she introduced a B horror movie.
The character’s popularity led to the 1988 movie Elvira: Mistress of the Dark and another movie in 2001 called Elvira’s Haunted Hills.
Elvira continues to make many cameo appearances in shows and at events.
Take a look at these Elvira quotes to learn more about the Mistress of the Dark.
Popular Elvira Quotes
Here are some popular Elvira quotes.
1. “My appearance is kind of a shock to everybody.” — Elvira
2. “Revenge is better than Christmas.” — Elvira
3. “Yeah, but now all I can make it do is look cheap.” — Elvira
4. “What is there to do for fun around here?” — Elvira
5. “What’s that perfume you’re wearing, catch of the day?” — Elvira
6. “I didn’t know I had a good aunt, let alone a great one.” — Elvira
7. “Whoa. Must have taken too much antacid in the sixties.” — Elvira
8. “Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.” — Elvira
9. “I don’t know which hole you crawled out of, but I suggest you crawl right back in if you know what’s good for you.” — Elvira
10. “Yeah, go ahead and fire me. I need this job like a leper needs a three-way mirror.” — Elvira
You will also enjoy our article on Tremors quotes.
Famous Elvira Quotes from the Mistress of the Dark
Here are some famous quotes from Elvira.
11. “My name’s Elvira, but you can call me ‘tonight.’” — Elvira
12. “I have seen the People’s Court. I’m entitled to one phone call and a strip search.” — Elvira
13. “Oh really, I’m in the movies too. Have you ever shown, uh, ‘I Married Satan’?” — Elvira
14. “Yeah, and you never will with those soup cans on your head.” — Elvira
15. “It just so happens, I have an act opening up in Las Vegas!” — Elvira
16. “I hate to interrupt this little episode of the Waltons. But can I have a room?” — Elvira
17. “If I want your opinion, I’ll beat it out of you.” — Elvira
18. “And don’t forget, tomorrow we’re showing the head with two things… I mean, the thing with two heads.” — Elvira
19. “Well, it is a potluck. And believe me, when they open that pot, they’re gonna need all the luck they can get.” — Elvira
20. “I’m going to rip out every single bleach blonde hair out of her scalp, gouge out her eyeballs, then use her head for a bowling ball!” — Elvira
21. “And tell them… tell them that when all is said and done, I only ask that people remember me by two simple words. Any two, as long as they’re simple.” — Elvira
Elvira Quotes About Her From Other People
Here are some quotes about other people talking about Elvira.
22. “Trash does not complete with class.” — Patty
23. “You think you’re pretty clever, don’t you? Well, mark my words. I’ll get you and your little dog, too.” — Vincent Talbot
24. “Well, if she’s morally unfit, then we have every right to do anything we can to get her out of this town. Are we agreed?” — Chastity Pariah
25. “Please, I don’t think we need to resort to name-calling. I think what Calvin is trying to say is that this Elvira is a person of easy virtue, a purveyor of pulchritude, a one-woman Sodom and Gomorrah if you will.” — Chastity Pariah
Who Is the Actress That Played Elvira?
Cassandra Peterson created and played Elvira, who was a creation based on a “Valley-girl” type of character that she created while in the sketch comedy group The Groundlings.
Cassandra was born in Manhattan, Kansas, in 1951 and began singing and working as a go-go dancer at a young age.
After a singing career in Italy, she moved back to the United States.
Then she began getting roles in the film industry.
Share these Elvira quotes with your horror-loving friends, and share your favorite quotes about Elvira in the comment section below.