Today we have brought together dozens of Iron Man quotes that illustrate his best lines throughout some of Marvel’s most popular movies.
As the pinnacle poster child of the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe), Tony Stark a.k.a. Iron Man is everyone’s favorite crime-fighting wise-cracking billionaire.
What’s your favorite Iron Man movie?
No matter your age, gender, or religion, chances are you have a favorite superhero.
For many, that superhero is Iron Man.
The character was co-created by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, Don Heck and Jack Kirby, and made his first appearance back in 1963.
He has since been adapted for several animated television shows and films.
As the first movie of Marvel’s superhero series, Robert Downey Jr.’s portrayal of Iron Man jump-started the popularity of Marvel’s multi-billion dollar film franchise during the past decade.
He has appeared in eleven films as of 2022.
Check out some of Tony Stark’s most memorable moments below, and don’t forget to also read our collection of superhero quotes to inspire the best version of you.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Iron Man quotes from Iron Man 1
1. “Give me a scotch. I’m starving.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
You will also enjoy our article on funny birthday quotes.
2. “If you douse me again, and I’m not on fire, I’m donating you to a city college.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
You will also enjoy our article on Spiderman quotes.
3. “I don’t want to see this on your myspace page. Please no gang signs.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
4. “Your eyes are red. Tears for your long lost boss?” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
5. “I don’t like it when you have plans.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
6. “Iron Man. That’s kind of catchy. It’s got a nice ring to it. I mean it’s not technically accurate. The suit’s a gold titanium alloy, but it’s kind of provocative, the imagery anyway.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
7. “It’s an imperfect world, but it’s the only one we got. I guarantee you the day weapons are no longer needed to keep the peace, I’ll start making bricks and beams for baby hospitals.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
8. “If I were Iron Man, I’d have this girlfriend who knew my true identity. She’d be a wreck. She’d always be worrying I was going to die, yet so proud of the man I’ve become. She’d be wildly conflicted, which would only make her more crazy about me…” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
9. “I shouldn’t be alive, unless it was for a reason. I’m not crazy, Pepper. I just finally know what I have to do. And I know in my heart that it’s right.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
10. “I saw young Americans killed by the very weapons I created to defend them and protect them. And I saw that I had become part of a system that is comfortable with zero-accountability.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
11. “They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Iron Fist quotes that apply to real life.
Iron man quotes from Iron Man 2
12. “I am Iron Man. The suit and I are one.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
13. “I told you I don’t want to join your super-secret boy band.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
14. “You look like you have friends in low places.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
15. “That tastes like coconut… and metal!” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
16. “What? Blow something up? I already did that.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
17. “Oh God, are you gonna steal my kidney and sell it?” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
18. “Drop your socks and grab your crocs, we’re about to get wet on this ride.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
19. “What’s the point of owning a race car if you can’t drive it?” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
20. “My bond is with the people, and I will serve this great nation at the pleasure of myself. If there’s one thing I’ve proven it’s that you can count on me to pleasure myself.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
21. “You! I swear to God, I’ll dismantle you! I’ll soak your motherboard, turn you into a wine rack!” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
22. “And now, from the great beyond, my father Howard Stark!” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
23. “Don’t say “wind farm.” I’m already feeling gassy.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
24. “You’re talking about a man whose happiest day of his life was shipping me off to boarding school.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Thanos quotes about conquering the world from Avengers.
Iron Man quotes from The Avengers
25. “The Avengers. That’s what we call ourselves; we’re sort of like a team. “Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” type thing.” – Tony Stark (Iron Man)
What’s your favorite Iron Man moment under the Marvel umbrella?
As the unofficial captain of the Marvel ship, Iron Man is shown as the glue that holds the superhero team, The Avengers, together.
Iron Man’s combo of sarcastic quips and razor-sharp intellect has helped them achieve the unthinkable time after time.
As a long-time fan of the MCU, it is awesome to take a trip down memory lane and remember what made Iron Man rise in popularity in the first place: the man behind the mask.
Which of these Iron Man quotes and lines is your favorite?
How do you feel about Robert Downey Jr.’s portrayal of Iron Man?
Let us know below!
October 3, 2022 5:00 AM EST