Sock quotes are widely shared among people via social media platforms.
However, finding the most interesting quotes that are worth sharing could take some time and effort.
To help you in this regard, we have created a comprehensive list of the top quotes about socks.
Apart from this, we have also discussed the key aspects associated with socks.
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
A Brief History of Socks
A sock is a protective covering that provides warmth and protection from the severity of weather.
The origin of socks is dated back to thousands of years.
Initially, socks were made of animal skins, furs, and woven textiles.
The Romans and Greeks introduced “Udones,” which were a type of simple foot covering.
On the other hand, the term “Sock” is derived from the English word “Socc,” meaning “Light Slipper.”
In the 16th century, knitted socks were introduced, which changed the perception of socks for once and all.
These types of socks were comfortable and provided a better fit.
Knitted socks are the earliest form of the socks that we wear today.
At present, socks are available in different sizes and styles.
Depending on your preferences, you can choose between ankle socks or long socks.
Socks were conventionally made with a seam running around the toes.
However, seamless socks are also gaining popularity due to their ability to offer additional comfort.
Why Wear Socks
Socks serve more than just foot coverings.
Below are the numerous benefits of wearing socks:
- Socks offer a necessary cushion to our feet and keep them warm.
- Being an essential fashion accessory, you can express your styling by wearing particular socks.
- Socks also help to absorb excessive moisture from our feet and prevent fungal diseases and blisters.
- Athletic socks also offer necessary support and cushioning for athletes.
- Medicated socks help heal various medical conditions like deep vein thrombosis.
Socks are available in a variety of styles and materials.
Here are some of the most popular materials used for making socks:
These socks provide exceptional insulation.
Hence, wool socks are used during winter for required warmth.
Most people wear wool socks when going outside their homes to protect their feet from the severity of cold weather.
Cotton socks are comfortable and breathable.
Hence, these socks are preferred during summer.
You can wear these socks during formal or casual occasions.
Silk socks are lightweight and luxurious.
These socks prove to be a viable choice for formal attire.
Silk socks are expensive too.
Materials like polyester and nylon are also commonly used in the production of socks.
Socks made with these materials are durable and offer better moisture-wicking properties.
Top 10 Sock Quotes
Let’s start with the top 10 sock quotes from famous people around the globe.
1. “I don’t wear socks with loafers!” — Lamar Jackson
2. “I wear cheap shoes. I don’t even wear socks.” — Rodrigo Duterte
3. “I’m obsessed with socks. I even wear them to bed!” — Odette Annable
4. “I got my own merch company. I sell shirts, hats, hoodie, socks.” — Gunna
5. “He may be president, but he still comes home and swipes my socks.” — Joseph P. Kennedy
6. “If I’m traveling, I’ll pack socks in my bag – really cute furry ones.” — Nicki Minaj
7. “You’re not going to find a man whose socks don’t get dirty or who doesn’t snore.” — Helen Reddy
8. “Yes, sir. I’m a real Southern boy. I got a red neck, white socks, and Blue Ribbon beer.” — Billy Carter
9. “When I first started recording music, we would record in the closet with socks on the mic.” — Lil Yachty
10. “Edith Piaf knocked my socks off when I was 8, but I didn’t know what she was singing about.” — Joni Mitchell
Sock Quotes Highlighting the Importance of Socks
Socks are important components of clothing. They have much significance, which can be seen from the following quotes.
11. “Election can take place in U.P. anytime, and I want BSP workers to pull up their socks.” — Mayawati
12. “Fresh sneakers are important for a man. It’s like a new pair of boxers or a new pair of socks.” — DJ Khaled
13. “After my first day of competition, I put on compression socks. They help me recover for the next day.” — Jessica Ennis-Hill
14. “I’m not very materialistic – I don’t have a whole lot of stuff. But I do always like a pair of really weird socks.” — Taylor Kinney
15. “Lipsticks are like socks. I put lipstick on before any other makeup. I use MAC’s Chestnut lip liner, and sometimes I mix two or three shades together.” — Adrienne C. Moore
16. “Socks must be at least an 18-percent synthetic blend to ensure they don’t droop because droopy socks that show calf are worse than short socks that do the same.” — Roger Stone
17. “I was very skilled at football at a young age in Egypt. I never played with a real ball. We used rolled-up socks or a balloon with a towel duck-taped to it, and we played on concrete in bare feet.” — Luol Deng
18. “There’s something wonderful about taking a tag off a pair of socks, off a shirt, off a jacket. I really think that it has to do with my wanting to give myself all the perks that there are. It’s part of my psychosis.” — Jerry Lewis
19. “We only had white socks in Romania. But when I used to come back from the States, I used to bring back pink and yellow socks with all kind of designs, and hair clips and elastic bands for the ponytail that had colorful designs.” — Nadia Comaneci
20. “Part of my preparation is I go and ask the kit man what color we’re wearing – if it’s a red top, white shorts, white socks, or black socks. Then I lie in bed the night before the game and visualize myself scoring goals or doing well.” — Wayne Rooney
Sock Quotes On Life, Relationships, and Modern Society
The following sock quotes are related to life, relationships, and modern society.
21. “You choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color.” — Gary Oldman
22. “I’m not a runner, and I always dreamed about just throwing on my sneakers and really knocking everyone’s socks off with my joy of traversing the world by foot.” — Mackenzie Davis
23. “Women speak because they wish to speak, whereas a man speaks only when driven to speak by something outside himself like, for instance, he can’t find any clean socks.” — Jean Kerr
24. “I believe that if you don’t want to do anything, then sit there and don’t do it, but don’t expect people to hand you a corn beef sandwich and wash your socks for you and unzip your fly for you.” — Shel Silverstein
25. “Humans will always babble. If someone wants to tweet that they can’t decide whether to wear blue socks or brown socks, then fair enough. But when sharing becomes automated, I get the heebie-jeebies.” — Charlie Brooker
26. “It’s true that romance novels do detail the courtship phase of a relationship. We usually write, ‘And they lived happily ever after’ before our heroine starts snoring or our hero starts tossing his socks over the hamper.” — Teresa Medeiros
27. “My eyes are too big, my nose is too flat, my ears stick out, my mouth is too big, and my face is too small… my body is thin as a clarinet, and my ankles are so skinny that I wear two pairs of bobby socks because I don’t want people to see how thin they are.” — Goldie Hawn
28. “The truth is that cleaning up socks and trying to get someone to really listen to you is marriage. It’s less sweep you off your feet and more sweep the kitchen four times a day. Like everything good in life, it’s 98% back-breaking work and 2% moments that make the work worthwhile.” — Glennon Doyle Melton
29. “Elon Musk wins you over with his elegant mastery of engineering, be it for the rocket or the car. But what blew my socks off was when our conversation veered way off topic. We started musing about whether it was possible we all lived in the matrix, and Musk still had deep knowledge.” — Steve Jurvetson
30. “With everybody having a Facebook and a Twitter, I feel like regular people consider themselves stars. It’s a live, real-time upload of every time we buy a pair of socks, the most telling sign that we’re losing our politeness. When you know everything about somebody, you can talk to them any way you please.” — Jeff Ross
Funny Sock Quotes
Some sock quotes are so funny that you can’t stop but laugh after reading them. So, let’s check out what we’ve got here.
31. “I always steal a pair of socks on every photo shoot I do. It’s my thing.” — Matt Smith
32. “I am, and ever will be, a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer.” — Neil Armstrong
33. “I’ll tell you one thing you can’t do: you can’t put your shoes on, then your socks on.” — Flavor Flav
34. “I live a quiet daytime life. I walk everywhere. I lie down. I wash socks. I fry an egg.” — Pete Burns
35. “Guys will take one pair of jeans, five T-shirts, and three pairs of socks, and that’ll get you by for 10 weeks.” — Jon Bon Jovi
36. “A man speaks only when driven to speech by something outside himself – like, for instance, he can’t find any clean socks.” — Jean Kerr
37. “The ideal intern is committed, creative, organized, ambitious, independent, and able to crack a smile, whether meeting a celebrity or folding socks.” — Emily Weiss
38. “I got given a pair of Christmas socks with penguins on. They know you’re obviously not going to wear them. I think they do it just to annoy you, to be honest.” — Jamie Vardy
39. “When I first started, you couldn’t mention divorce or death. You couldn’t show smelly socks. You couldn’t show a snake. They took a skunk out of my strip one time.” — Mort Walker
40. “Patriarchy is impotent and qualitatively unable to solve even the most simple problems in the cosmos such as picking up their own socks or placing a carton of milk back in the refrigerator after drinking from it.” — Roseanne Barr
Sock Quotes Showing Love for Socks
People have a love for socks, and they make their own collection of socks and try new designs and styles. Here are some quotes that show love for socks.
41. “I wear high water pants, always, so you can see my socks – I always wear white socks.” — Gus Dapperton
42. “I used to wear my pants tucked into my socks and karate handkerchiefs around my wrist. It was ridiculous how I used to dress in the ’80s.” — Deon Cole
43. “I’ve been super-fresh since elementary school. I’d lay out all my clothes, my Jordans right there, I know what cologne I’m gonna wear, my boxers match my socks.” — Riff Raff
44. “I don’t think people need to know what color socks I’m wearing today; I don’t think people need to know what shower gel I’m using. There’s too much information in the world, and there’s no magic or mystery anymore.” — Noel Gallagher
45. “After I sign my big contract, I’m gonna make my brothers buy me dinner. They need to buy me something for a change. I think I’m gonna get me a house. That’s gonna be first. Probably get some new socks. Need some socks.” — Jimmy Butler
46. “If you noticed, I wear high-water pants and white socks, which are inspired by the mod ’60s, like the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Jimi Hendrix, and what have you. That style of dress during that time is really, really dope to me.” — Ashton Sanders
47. “My signature look is an eighties baby doll dress, combat boots with colorful socks sticking out, and then mounds of jewelry. I love silver and turquoise. I go to Montana every winter, so I hunt around for cool pieces there.” — Zoey Deutch
48. “A fan sent me a pair of fluffy winter socks, and I was like, ‘Oh, that’s cool. I’ll wear them to bed. It’s cold; it’s winter.’ But they were worn. They were black underneath, and they stunk, and I hate feet. She was like, ‘I’m giving you my favorite pair.’” — Ella Henderson
49. “I always liked performing in front of my parents’ friends. My dad bought me a karaoke machine, and I would put on a Michael Jackson song like ‘Thriller,’ and I would come out with, like, a hat and a jacket, and, like, moonwalk in my socks, so I was always performing.” — Nolan Sotillo
50. “The coolest Christmas present I’ve ever received is probably socks. My grandma always gets me socks – every year – and that’s something that I’ve probably never bought for myself. If Christmas wasn’t around and my grandma didn’t get me socks, I wouldn’t own any, probably.” — Luke Combs
Which of these Sock Quotes is your Favorite?
Socks are usually overlooked when it comes to managing our wardrobe.
Yet, socks prove to offer the desired comfort and protection to our feet.
Socks are a necessary element of our outfits, especially during chilly days and nights of winter.
This is why people love sharing sock quotes via social media platforms.
By going through our extensive list of sock quotes, you can find a quote that is worth sharing.
If you have found one, do share it with us via our comments section.
We would love to know about your choice.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Responsibility represents a key attribute for men, women, and children, one that is fine-tuned over an extended period of time and tested constantly.
There are unlimited ways to appreciate someone. Here are some simple ways to make others feel special and improve their world.
Want to become a better friend? Here are five common beliefs that might keep you from being the friend you really want to be.
Did you know you can increase your productivity using neuro-associations? You don’t actually have to “do” more. Find out how!
Check out these related quote articles:
Looking for inspirational be yourself quotes to encourage you? Here are some uplifting quotes about being yourself to inspire your best life.
There’s something magical in how coffee can brighten our morning mood and give us the spark to seize the day.
Sometimes thinking outside of the box has the power to open a window of opportunity you may never have realized.
These new friends quotes will help you celebrate the new people you meet in your life.