These Frank Lloyd Wright quotes on home development and architecture will inspire you.
Frank Lloyd Wright was an architect, designer, and educator who played a major role in several different American architectural movements.
He was well-known for designing creative structures and pioneering the philosophy of organic architecture.
The Frank Lloyd Wright quotes below will inspire you to live boldly and follow your dreams.
If you’ve ever felt inspired to create something new before, you will love these words of wisdom.
There are many important life lessons that you can learn by evaluating the brilliant yet troubled life of Frank Lloyd Wright.
When you have a unique vision, it is your duty to make it a reality.
Let the quotes below encourage you to believe in yourself and invest in your passions.
Read these motivational quotes to better understand the Frank Lloyd Wright philosophy of success.
Don’t forget to also check out these Buckminster Fuller quotes on love and architecture.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Frank Lloyd Wright quotes on home design
1. “Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
2. “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
3. “No house should ever be on a hill or on anything. It should be of the hill. Belonging to it. Hill and house should live together each the happier for the other.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
4. “Form follows function – that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
5. “The thing always happens that you really believe in, and the belief in a thing makes it happen.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
6. “Less is only more where more is no good.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
7. “Simplicity and repose are the qualities that measure the true value of any work of art.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
8. “Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to change.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
9. “I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
10. “The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
You will also enjoy our article on home quotes.
Frank Lloyd Wright quotes that will make you appreciate his creativity, intelligence, and determination
11. “Every great architect is – necessarily – a great poet. He must be a great original interpreter of his time, his day, his age.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
12. “There is nothing more uncommon than common sense.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
13. “Space is the breath of art.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
14. “The present is the ever moving shadow that divides yesterday from tomorrow. In that lies hope.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
15. “Tip the world over on its side and everything lose will land in Los Angeles.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
16. “An idea is salvation by imagination.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
17. “The mother art is architecture. Without an architecture of our own, we have no soul of our own civilization.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
18. “Art for art’s sake is a philosophy of the well-fed.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
19. “The truth is more important than the facts.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
20. “Organic architecture seeks superior sense of use and a finer sense of comfort, expressed in organic simplicity.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
Frank Lloyd Wright quotes to better understand his philosophy of success
21. “Nature is my manifestation of God. I go to nature every day for inspiration in the day’s work. I follow in building the principles which nature has used in its domain.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
22. “No stream rises higher than its source. Whatever man might build could never express or reflect more than he was. He could record neither more nor less than he had learned of life when the buildings were built.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
23. “If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
24. “Freedom is from within.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
25. “The architect must be a prophet… a prophet in the true sense of the term… if he can’t see at least ten years ahead don’t call him an architect.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
What are your favorite Frank Lloyd Wright quotes about architecture?
As an architect and designer, Frank Lloyd Wright popularized many different styles and philosophies.
This collection of Frank Lloyd Wright quotes will give you a greater appreciation of his creativity, intelligence, and determination.
Lloyd Wright was able to leave a huge impact on the world with his natural artistic abilities and creative eye.
Do you have any special talents or passions?
Read these motivational Frank Lloyd Wright quotes for inspiration.
Frank Lloyd Wright understood that every architectural structure has a form and a function.
Finding the balance between aesthetic and usefulness is important when it comes to designing a building or home.
If you’re interested in learning more about architecture and interior design, read this list of insightful thoughts.
What are your favorite Frank Lloyd Wright quotes and sayings about falling water and other design elements?
Let us know in the comment section below.