These V for Vendetta quotes will inspire you to stand up and fight for the things that you believe in, even if the entire world is against you.
V for Vendetta was originally a comic book written by Alan Moore, a genius if there ever was one in the graphic novel world.
Tell us your favorite V for Venetta scene in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these V for Vendetta quotes?
He is also responsible for Watchmen; another wildly successful graphic novel turned movie with a deep message.
Some things we can learn about from V for Vendetta (aside from revenge) are:
- the relationship between freedom and anarchy
- how bigotry affects society
- the power of symbols
The book was wildly successful and was made into the 2005 movie V for Vendetta, directed by James McTeigue and starring Natalie Portman.
The film earned positive reviews from fans and critics alike and grossed over $132 million by December 2006.
Many of the incredible V for Vendetta quotes from the book made it into the movie, but there are a ton more great words from all the characters available in the graphic novel that we’ve featured below.
Today, we want to inspire you to stand up and fight for the things that you believe in with these V for Vendetta quotes.
Be like V and Evey – do what is right, even if the entire world is against you.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
V for Vendetta quotes that will inspire you to fight for a better world
1. “People shouldn’t be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people.” – V for Vendetta
You will also enjoy our article on mask quotes.
2. “Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea… and ideas are bulletproof.” – V for Vendetta
You will also enjoy our article on Winnie the Pooh quotes.
3. “Everybody is special. Everybody. Everybody is a hero, a lover, a fool, a villain. Everybody. Everybody has their story to tell.” – V for Vendetta
4. “Artists use lies to tell the truth. Yes, I created a lie. But because you believed it, you found something true about yourself.” – V for Vendetta
5. “You wear a mask for so long, you forget who you were beneath it.” – V for Vendetta
6. “The past can’t hurt you anymore, not unless you let it.” – V for Vendetta
7. “Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it.” – V for Vendetta
8. “Happiness is the most insidious prison of all.” – V for Vendetta
9. “I shall die here. Every last inch of me shall perish. Except one. An inch. It’s small and it’s fragile and it’s the only thing in the world worth having. we must never lose it, or sell it, or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.” – V for Vendetta
10. “God is in the rain.” – V for Vendetta
V for Vendetta quotes to inspire you to stand up for what you believe in
11. “Love your rage, not your cage.” – V for Vendetta
12. “They say that life’s a game, & then they take the board away.” – V for Vendetta
13. “The past can’t hurt you anymore. Not unless you let it. They made you into a victim, Evey. They made you into a statistic. But, that’s not the real you. That’s not who you are inside.” – V for Vendetta
14. “It seems strange that my life should end in such a terrible place, but for three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.” – V for Vendetta
15. “Your pretty empire took so long to build, now, with a snap of history’s fingers, down it goes.” – V for Vendetta
16. “Equality and freedom are not luxuries to lightly cast aside. Without them, order cannot long endure before approaching depths beyond imagining.” – V for Vendetta
17. “Anarchy wears two faces, both creator and destroyer. Thus destroyers topple empires; make a canvas of clean rubble where creators then can build another world. Rubble, once achieved, makes further ruins’ means irrelevant.” – V for Vendetta
18. “Authority, when first detecting chaos at its heels, will entertain the vilest schemes to save its orderly facade.” – V for Vendetta
19. “Everybody has their story to tell.” – V for Vendetta
20. “Authority allows two roles: the torturer and the tortured. Twists people into joyless mannequins that fear and hate, while culture plunges into the abyss.” – V for Vendetta
V for Vendetta quotes to make you do what is right
21. “Is it meaningless to apologize? Never.” – V for Vendetta
22. “Who imprisoned me here? Who keeps me here? Who can release me? Who’s controlling and constraining my life except…me?” – V for Vendetta
23. “The world’s a stage, & everything else is Vaudeville.” – V for Vendetta
24. “Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.” – V for Vendetta
25. “Noise is relative to the silence preceding it. The more absolute the hush, the more shocking the thunderclap. Our masters have not heard the people’s voice for generations, Evey, and it is much, much louder than they care to remember.” – V for Vendetta
Also, check out these wise Little Prince quotes about life.
What did you learn from these V for Vendetta quotes?
If these quotes don’t inspire you, I’m not sure what would inspire you.
The idea of sacrificing your well-being and your happiness for the sake of a better world, no matter what the cost, is incredibly noble.
V for Vendetta reminds us of the strength we all have within ourselves to sacrifice ourselves for something better and bigger than ourselves.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these V for Vendetta quotes and lines?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Share this article with your friends on social media if you found it helpful!