Enjoy reading through these Mad Max quotes from the popular action franchise!
Mad Max, the Australian post-apocalyptic action film series and media franchise, was created by George Miller and Byron Kennedy.
Interestingly, George Miller directed or co-directed all four films.
It all began in 1979 with Mad Max.
It was followed by two sequels in the 80s Mad Max 2 (1981), although in the United States it was released as The Road Warrior and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985).
Then in 2015 fans were treated to a third sequel, Mad Max: Fury Road.
There are Mad Max quotes from each of the films, and some of our favorite characters, including Max, of course!
Speaking of Max, Mel Gibson played the role in the first three films, but Tom Hardy took over as Max in the fourth film.
Max Rockatansky, is a police officer in the futuristic setting of Australia.
The country is undergoing a societal collapse because of the effects of war and resource shortages.
The murder of his wife and child sends him on a quest for revenge.
He becomes a killer and a loner.
Don’t forget to also check out these Mayans M.C. quotes for fans of anti-heroes.
Mad Max quotes from Max
1. “The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel. It’d take you ten minutes to hack through it with this. Now, if you’re lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go.” — Max
2. “Ah, Fif. Do you really expect me to go for that crap?” — Max
3. “I’m scared, Fif. You know why? It’s that rat circus out there. I’m beginning to enjoy it.” — Max
4. “Look. Any longer out on that road and I’m one of them, you know? A terminal crazy… only I got a bronze badge to say I’m one of the good guys.” — Max
5. “I didn’t come here to discuss it, I came here to say it. I’m through.” — Max
6. “I just can’t get it clear in my head, Jess. He was so full of living, you know? He ran a franchise on it. Now there’s nothing. And here I am trying to put sense to it, when I know there isn’t any.” — Max
7. “You and me are gonna talk about the Toecutter.” — Max
8. “Well, I’ll add it to my threat collection.” — Max
9. “I wanna know about the tattoo.” — Max
Mad Max quotes from Toecutter and Goose
10. “Remember him when you look at the night sky!” — Toecutter
11. “Anything I say. What a wonderful philosophy you have. Take him away.” — Toecutter
12. “You’ve got a pretty face, though. Awful pretty. Awful pretty.” — Toecutter
13. “I suppose you don’t need a sense of humor with a pretty face. The only trouble is though, Missy, if you should… lose the face… you’ve got NOTHING.” — Toecutter
14. “We have a problem here. She… is not… what she seems.” — Toecutter
15. “The Bronze, they keep you from being proud.” — Toecutter
16. “We are 100% SNAFU.” — Goose
17. “Nothin’ a year in the tropics wouldn’t fix.” — Goose
18. “Jimmy the Goose, larger than life and twice as ugly!” — Goose
19. “You can shut the gate on this one, Maxie… it’s the duck’s guts!” — Goose
20. “What a turkey! Hey, fella! You’re a turkey!” — Goose
Mad Max quotes from Nightrider, Grease Rat, and Johnny the Boy
21. “I am the Nightrider. I’m a fuel-injected suicide machine. I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am a out-of-controller! I’m the Nightrider, baby!” — Nightrider
22. “The Toecutter – he knows who I am. I am the Nightrider!” — Nightrider
23. “I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy! I’m hotter than a rollin’ dice. Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down a rubber road, right to FREEDOM!” — Nightrider
24. “Born with a steering wheel in his hand and lead in his foot. He is the Nightrider cruising at the speed of fright!” — Nightrider
25. “You come for the grunt? She won’t be ready until this afternoon. Still having trouble with the front forks. They’re mongrels to work with.” — Grease Rat
Which of these Mad Max quotes is your favorite?
While Max drifts across the wastelands of Australia, the country devolves further into barbarity.
The series follows the adventures of the skilled warrior of the road who finds himself helping pockets of civilization.
His reasons are initially selfish and meant to further his own self-interest, but his motive always becomes more altruistic.
The entire franchise has been praised by critics, winning several Academy Awards, and fans alike.
Rotten Tomatoes has rated each film as “Certified Fresh” on their website.
Mad Max 2 and Fury Road have been repeatedly ranked among “the best action films ever made.”
The film had such an impact on pop culture that it spawned the creation of video games and comic books.
I will leave you with the last quote of the first film, which is from a fictional book titled The First History of Man: “Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves.”
Your search for your better self might just include watching these movies, if you haven’t already!
Did you enjoy these Mad Max quotes and sayings?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST