Galaxy Quest is a 1999 American sci-fi comedy film filled with hilarious one-liners, as you will see in these Galaxy Quest quotes.
The film is both a parody of and homage to various science-fiction films and series, especially Star Trek.
It was directed by Dean Parisot and written by David Howard and Robert Gordon.
It’s got quite the comedy lineup with stars like Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Tony Shalhoub, Sam Rockwell, and Daryl Mitchell.
It chronicles the cast of a fictional and defunct cult television series called Galaxy Quest.
They spend most of their days attending fan conventions and making various promotional appearances.
Jason Nesmith, the conceited star of the old show, lives for the attention.
However, the other cast members—Gwen, Alexander, Fred, and Tommy—resent him (along with the state of their careers).
That disdain comes across in a few of these Galaxy Quest quotes!
The cast members are drawn into a real interstellar conflict when actual aliens come to planet Earth.
The aliens mistakenly think the series is an accurate documentary.
Don’t forget to also check out these Star Trek quotes that will help you go where no man has before.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Galaxy Quest quotes from Gwen DeMarco
1. “Let’s get out of here before one of those things kills Guy.” — Gwen DeMarco
2. “Look! I have one job on this lousy ship. It’s *stupid*, but I’m gonna do it! Okay?” — Gwen DeMarco
3. “No, there is no replacement Beryllium Sphere on board.” — Gwen DeMarco
4. “Ducts? Why is it always ducts?” — Gwen DeMarco
5. “Well forget it! I’m not going. This episode was badly written!” — Gwen DeMarco
6. “We shouldn’t have to do this! It makes no logical sense! Why is it here?” — Gwen DeMarco
7. “You’ve got to admit, they really do love him.” — Gwen DeMarco
8. “Jason, we are actors, not astronauts.” — Gwen DeMarco
9. “Self-control? That’s funny coming from the guy that slept with every Terrakian slave girl and Moon Princess on the show.” — Gwen DeMarco
10. “What is this thing? I mean, it serves no useful purpose for there to be a bunch of chompy, crushy things in the middle of a hallway.” — Gwen DeMarco
Galaxy Quest quotes from Guy Fleegman
11. “Oh that is just not right.” — Guy Fleegman
12. “Because I died… in episode 81!” — Guy Fleegman
13. “Hey guys, there’s a red-thingy moving toward the green-thingy.” — Guy Fleegman
14. “HEY! Don’t open that! It’s an alien planet! Is there air? You don’t know!” — Guy Fleegman
15. “I’m just jazzed about being on the show, man.” — Guy Fleegman
16. “I’m just a glorified extra, Fred. I’m a dead man, anyway.” — Guy Fleegman
17. “If I’m gonna die, I’d rather go out a hero than a coward.” — Guy Fleegman
18. “I’m not? Then what’s my last name?” — Guy Fleegman
19. “I changed my mind. I wanna go back.” — Guy Fleegman
20. “I know! You construct a weapon. Look around. Can you form some sort of rudimentary lathe?” — Guy Fleegman
Galaxy Quest quotes from Sir Alexander Dane
21. “Don’t speak, Quellek.” — Sir Alexander Dane
22. “By Grabthar’s hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged.” — Sir Alexander Dane
23. “That’s not too bad. We’ll get you to the medical quarters, and you’ll be fine.” — Sir Alexander Dane
24. “I see you’ve managed to get your shirt off.” — Sir Alexander Dane
25. “Could they be the miners?” — Sir Alexander Dane
Which of these Galaxy Quest quotes is your favorite?
The characters engage in an intergalactic war with an evil warlord named Sarris.
They save the day and land back on Earth to the cheers from their adoring fans, who think the whole thing is a publicity stunt.
The film did well at the box office and received mostly positive reviews from critics.
It earned quite a few awards as well, including the Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation and the Nebula Award for Best Script.
It was also nominated for 10 Saturn Awards, including Best Science Fiction Film and Best Director for Parisot, Best Actress for Weaver, and Best Supporting Actor for Rickman.
Tim Allen won the award for Best Actor.
Star Trek fans loved the film for the parody, but they were not the only ones.
The film achieved cult status from more mainstream audiences and has been ranked one of the funniest movies of all time.
If you enjoy parody, check out these quotes from Team America!
Do you have a favorite Galaxy Quest quote?
Share it with us in the comment section below.