These star quotes will inspire you to wonder and dream, just as humans have been inspired by the stars for centuries.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to the University of Colorado Boulder research, stargazing can boost cognitive performance, improve mood, and enhance creativity and problem-solving skills.
This highlights the potential benefits of spending time under the stars for mental health and personal and professional growth.
Who doesn’t love a starry sky?
We live in an amazing and beautiful world.
One of the most astonishing and more mysterious things in our universe is what lies beyond our planet in outer space.
From where we stand, giant balls of fire look like tiny, sparkling speckles in the sky.
Have you ever spent a good night with a loved one cuddled up on a blanket under a starry sky?
Or, have you ever looked through a telescope to try and get a closer look at those sparkling bodies way up there in space?
Only in recent history have we understood as much as we do now about stars, but for millennia, these stars have inspired wonder, dreams, adventure, and romance.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Star quotes and sayings that inspire romance
A study by the University of Cambridge found that people who engage regularly with natural beauty, including the night sky, report higher levels of happiness, life satisfaction, and overall well-being.
This emphasizes natural beauty’s role in promoting our overall sense of happiness and fulfillment.
1. “It’s the kind of kiss that inspires stars to climb into the sky and light up the world.” – Tahereh Mafi
2. “Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.” ― Marcus Aurelius
3. “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
You will also enjoy our article on Austin Powers quotes.
4. “You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars.” — E.E. Cummings
5. “We are made out of stars… you and I.” — Gregory David Roberts
6. “A lovely girl gazing at the stars, and the stars who gazed back.” – Sarah J. Maas
7. “If you’ll be my star, I’ll be your sky.” — Meredith Godreau
8. “I like the night. Without the dark, we’d never see the stars.” ― Stephenie Meyer
9. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” – Oscar Wilde
10. “Only in the darkness can you see the stars.” – Martin Luther King
Scientific star quotes for astronomists
Research from the University of Michigan suggests that stargazing can positively impact mental health and well-being, providing a sense of calm and promoting feelings of awe, wonder, and curiosity.
This highlights the potential of the night sky to serve as a source of inspiration and peace in our daily lives.
11. “It is reasonable to hope that in the not too distant future we shall be competent to understand so simple a thing as a star.” – Arthur Eddington
12. “If the earth were flat from east to west, the stars would rise as soon for westerners as for orientals, which is false. Also, if the earth were flat from north to south and vice versa, the stars which were always visible to anyone would continue to be so wherever he went, which is false. But it seems flat to human sight because it is so extensive.” – Ptolemy
13. “The number of fixed stars which observers have been able to see without artificial powers of sight up to this day can be counted. It is therefore decidedly a great feat to add to their number, and to set distinctly before the eyes other stars in myriads, which have never been seen before, and which surpass the old, previously known stars in number more than ten times.” – Galileo Galilei
14. “New stars offer to the mind a phenomenon more surprising, and less explicable, than almost any other in the science of astronomy.” – George Adams
Star quotes about their beauty
15. “It shows you exactly how a star is formed; nothing else can be so pretty! A cluster of vapor, the cream of the milky way, a sort of celestial cheese, churned into light.” – Benjamin Disraeli
16. “A sky as pure as water bathed the stars and brought them out.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
17. “For my part, I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.” – Vincent Van Gogh
You will also enjoy our article on full moon quotes.
18. “The glitter in the sky looks as if I could scoop it all up in my hands and let the stars swirl and touch one another but they are so distant so very far apart that they cannot feel the warmth of each other even though they are made of burning.” – Beth Revis
19. “Not just beautiful, though–the stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing. And they’re watching me. – Haruki Murakami
20. “The night is even more richly coloured than the day…. If only one pays attention to it, one sees that certain stars are citron yellow, while others have a pink glow or a green, blue, and forget-me-not brilliance. And without my expiating on this theme, it should be clear that putting little white dots on a blue-black surface is not enough.” – Vincent van Gogh
21. “The stars are the jewels of the night, and perchance surpass anything which day has to show. A companion with whom I was sailing one very windy but bright moonlight night, when the stars were few and faint, thought that a man could get along with them,—though he was considerably reduced in his circumstances,—that they were a kind of bread and cheese that never failed.” – Henry David Thoreau
22. “If the stars should appear one night in a thousand years, how would men believe and adore; and preserve for many generations the remembrance of the city of God which had been shown! But every night come out these envoys of beauty, and light the universe with their admonishing smile.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. “One thousand brilliant stars punched holes in my consciousness, pricking me with longing. I could stare at the stars for hours, their infinite number and depth pulling me into a part of myself that I ignored during the day.” – Maggie Stiefvater
Short star quotes for dreamers
24. “The stars are the land-marks of the universe.” – John Frederick William Herschel
25. “Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.” – Peter Pan
26. “The real friends of the space voyager are the stars. Their friendly, familiar patterns are constant companions, unchanging, out there.” – James Lovell
27. “The stars were better company anyway. They were very beautiful, and they almost never snored.” – David Eddings
28. “When reaching for the stars, beware of those who want to cut off your hands.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
29. “Men go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering.” — Saint Augustine
30. “The stars are the apexes of what wonderful triangles! What distant and different beings in the various mansions of the universe are contemplating the same one at the same moment!” – Henry David Thoreau
31. “A philosopher once asked, “Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are human?” Pointless, really…” Do the stars gaze back?” Now, that’s a question.” – Neil Gaiman
32. “The stars look like they’re so close, you could reach out and touch them. But you can’t. Sometimes things look a lot closer than they are.” – Kami Garcia
33. “We had the sky, up there, all speckled with stars, and we used to lay on our backs and look up at them, and discuss about whether they was made, or only just happened—Jim he allowed they was made, but I allowed they happened; I judged it would have took too long to make so many.” – Mark Twain
Other inspirational star quotes and sayings
34. “Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” – Theodore Roosevelt
35. “It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
36. “Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious.” – Stephen Hawking
37. “We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.” – Arthur Eddington
38. “When you reach for the stars, you are reaching for the farthest thing out there. When you reach deep into yourself, it is the same thing, but in the opposite direction. If you reach in both directions, you will have spanned the universe.” – Vera Nazarian
39. “I am aware that many critics consider the conditions in the stars not sufficiently extreme … the stars are not hot enough. The critics lay themselves open to an obvious retort: we tell them to go and find a hotter place.” – Arthur Eddington
40. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars.” – Augustine Mandino
41. “Each star is a mirror reflecting the truth inside you.” – Aberjhani
42. “Maybe that’s what life is… a wink of the eye and winking stars.” – Jack Kerouac
43. “Look at the stars. See their beauty. And in that beauty, see yourself.” – Draya Mooney
44. “I think that we are like stars. Something happens to burst us open, but when we burst open and think we are dying; we’re actually turning into a supernova. And then when we look at ourselves again, we see that we’re suddenly more beautiful than we ever were before!” – C. JoyBell C.
45. “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
46. “A star does not compete with other stars around it; it just shines.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
47. “Stars do not pull each other down to be more visible; they shine brighter.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
48. “A star is a rock that never gave up on its dream to rise.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
49. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” ― Harriet Tubman
Poetic and inspirational star quotes
50. “The sky is filled with stars, invisible by day.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
51. “Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.” – Casey Kasem
52. “I believe I can even yet remember when I saw the stars for the first time.” – Max Muller
53. “I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” – Sarah William
54. “The humblest star twinkles most in the darkest night.” – Johann Kasper Lavater
55. “If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I’ll bet they’d live a lot differently.” – Bill Watterson
56. “My thoughts are stars I can’t fathom into constellations.” – John Green
57. “The sun, moon, and stars remind me that no matter where I am, my family is always looking at the same sun, the same moon, and the same stars.” – Jaci Burton
58. “I feel so small when I look at the stars.” – Chuck Clarke
Star Quotes from Books
59. “Thoughts are like burning stars, and ideas, they flood, they stretch the universe.” – Criss Jami
60. “There is no shortage of fault to be found amid our stars.” – John Green
61. “A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you.” – C. JoyBell C.
62. “But it is the nature of stars to cross.” – John Green
63. “Even as a child, she had preferred night to day, had enjoyed sitting out in the yard after sunset, under the star-speckled sky listening to frogs and crickets. Darkness soothed.” – Dean Koontz
64. “Turn him into stars and form a constellation in his image. His face will make the heavens so beautiful that the world will fall in love with the night and forget about the garish sun.” – William Shakespeare
65. “Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires.” – William Shakespeare
67. “Even a fool knows you can’t touch the stars, but it doesn’t stop a wise man from trying.” – Harry Anderson
Inspirational Star Quotes for Dreamers Like You
68. “The cosmos is within us. We are made of star-stuff. We are a way for the universe to know itself.” – Carl Sagan
69. “I’m a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds.” – Mike Tyson
70. “When you reach for the stars you may not quite get one, but you won’t come up with a handful of mud either.” – Leo Burnett
71. “God’s promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine.” – David Nicholas
72. “He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
73. “Two men looked through prison bars, The one saw mud, the other stars.” – Amy Carmichael
74. “Hope itself is like a star- not to be seen in the sunshine of prosperity, and only to be discovered in the night of adversity.” – Charles Spurgeon
75. “I am a child of the Moon being raised by the Sun in a world walked by stars and a sky drawn with flowers.” – Zara Ventris
76. “There wouldn’t be a sky full of stars if we were all meant to wish on the same one.” – Frances Clark
77. “Just look up, we are both under the same starry sky.” — Unknown
78. “I love you to the stars and beyond.” — Unknown
79. “You are the brightest star in my sky.” — Unknown
80. “We shine together, like the moon and stars.” — Unknown
Beautiful Star Quotes To Show You Visions
81. “Every star was once darker than the night before it awoke.” ― Dejan Stojanovic
82. “The spaces between stars are where the work of the universe is done.” ― Ivan Doig
83. “The sky was so thick with stars it was as if he could reach out and brush them with his hand.” ― Justin Cronin
84. “When darkness is at its darkest, a star shines the brightest.” ― Louise Philippe
85. “Her hand rose to her lips and she stared up at the stars, feeling her heart grow, and grow, and grow.” ― Sarah J. Maas
86. “When it’s dark enough you can see the stars.” ― Charles Austin Beard
87. “Love is a selfless service to mankind like a showcase done by the twinkling stars in the beautiful nightly sky.” ― Santosh Kalwar
88. “Just remember this, my girl, when you look up in the sky you can see the stars and still not see the light.” ― Jack Tempchin
89. “The sun loved me again when it saw that the stars would not abandon me.” ― Jenim Dibie
90. “I will see you in the stars.” ― Amie Kaufman
Star Quotes To Give You Enlighten Your Soul
91. “The stars make me feel that whatever is wrong with the world or with me sometime is going to be made right.” — Carl Sandburg
92. “Raise me high over the brightest of the stars.” — Desert Lion
93. “When you aim for the stars, if you miss, you can still land on the moon.” — Wayne Allyn Root
94. “Reach for the stars and you will fly with angels!” — Adrian Calabrese
95. “Somewhere behind the clouds, the stars were glistening brightly where only angels could see.” — A. M. Hamilton
96. “I also like to imagine that stars are remembered lost loved ones or maybe there’s a star for every person on this planet that we can look up to for strength or inspiration.” — Shannon Potsiadlo
97. “There is only light, unconditional love, and consciousness on our star.” — Jacquelin Smith
98. “Only the faint glow of the stars, augmented by the brighter light of the moon, offers some relief from the darkness.” — Peter Wohlleben
99. “The patterns in the language of the stars will continue to teach until the end of time.” — David Bowden
100. “Unique as every star is unique, As every particle of the universe is unique. Every being, every particle, every planet, every star.” — Steven Barnes
Star Quotes To Help You Exploit Your Potential
101. “When we look up at night and view the stars, everything we see is shinning because of distant nuclear fusion.” ― Carl Sagan
102. “It is early, early morning. It’s that time when it’s still dark but you know the day is coming. Blue is bleeding through black. Stars are dying.” ― Markus Zusak
103. “The wastes of snow on the hill were ghostly in the moonlight. The stars were piercingly bright.” ― Maud Hart Lovelace
104. “You can grow like a tall tree, when you enjoy the sun, wind, rain, storms and the stars in the dark nights.” ― Amit Ray
105. “The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.” ― Carl Sagan
106. “wherever you go,wherever you live, still the stars up there will remain the same, as they were when we were together.” ― Jaymin Panchasara
107. “Timing is easy to predict through the movement of the stars as they give the propensity of pure potential.” ― Ambika Devi
108. “It was night now, bright with moon fragment and stars and northern glow.” ― Paul Gallico
109. “The stars are a reminder that even in our darkest moments, there is always something bigger and more beautiful to strive for.” ― Ajaz Ahmad Khawaja
110. “In the silence of the night, the stars speak to us, reminding us of the infinite possibilities of the universe.” ― Ajaz Ahmad Khawaja
Star Quotes To Illuminate Your Path
111. “A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe.” ― Madeleine L’Engle
112. “It’s shocking how bright your star is.” ― Britney Spears
113. “If we could destroy custom at a blow and see the stars as a child sees them, we should need no other apocalypse.” ― Gilbert K. Chesterton
114. “I’ll love you till the ocean Is folded and hung up to dry And the seven stars go squawking Like geese about the sky.” ― W. H. Auden
115. “Life is simply a collection of memories, but memories are like star light… They live on Forever.” ― C.W. McCall
116. “Never ignore someone who loves you and cares about you. ‘Cause one day you may realize you lost the moon while counting stars.” ― John O’Callaghan
117. “Learning an instrument isn’t about becoming a star anymore than learning to swim means you want to become a haddock.” ― Nick Mason
118. “Gaze up at the stars knowing that I see the same sky and wish the same sweet dreams.” ― Elizabeth Barrett Browning
119. “No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.” ― Adelaide Anne Procter
120. “Love is the mystery of water and a star.” ― Pablo Neruda
121. “His words were full of hope and threat. Like the stars.” ― James S.A. Corey
122. “The stars move still, time runs, the clock will strike” ― Christopher Marlowe
123. “…my dreams are tangled in images of stars and clouds and firelight – we go camping at night – it’s my lucid dream of being with you…” ― John Geddes
124. “The stars are threshed, and the souls are threshed from their husks.” ― William Blake
125. “Starfall in the sky as a result of anybody’s Fall here below?” ― Lara Biyuts
126. “They were stars on this stage, each playing to an audience of two.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
127. “Rather nice night, after all. Stars are out and everything. Exceptionally tasty assortment of them.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
128. “Of course I want the moon. And were you to offer it, I’d propose as a trade the stars in my eyes.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
129. “…I can’t grasp the stars, but I love them – in the same way, I love you…” ― John Geddes
130. “I cannot squeeze the stars; but I can squeeze my mind to feel the moon compressed.” ― Munia Khan
How often do you gaze up at the stars?
Depending on where you live, the stars may not always be visible.
For instance, if you live in a big city, light pollution might drown out the darkness of the sky.
But even if you do live in a city, it is so refreshing to get out into the countryside on occasion to look up at the sky and take in the wonder of the stars.
Have you ever seen the stars at their grandest?
On a clear night, far away from the lights of the city, the sheer magnitude of how many stars sparkle in the sky is sure to drop your jaw.
The beauty of the night is inspiring.
We hope you enjoyed these star quotes and sayings.
Which quote was your favorite?
Let us know in the comments below.