Home Alone Quotes That are Still Hilarious 30 Years Later
April 9, 2023 7:47 AM EST
These Home Alone quotes from the Wet Bandits and Kevin will take you on a nostalgic trip down memory lane and make you laugh out loud again.
Home Alone, a 1990 movie starring Macaulay Culkin, quickly became a holiday movie staple most people have watched repeatedly.
Tell us your favorite scene from Home Alone in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
A survey conducted by OnePoll in 2021 found that 77% of respondents said they still quote lines from Home Alone in their everyday lives.
This demonstrates the lasting impact that the movie has had on popular culture and the enduring appeal of its humor.
What are the benefits of reading these Home Alone quotes?
These Home Alone quotes will remind you of several lessons, like:
- be careful what you wish for
- don’t judge others based on rumors you hear about them
- family matters, and no family is perfect
This article will also give you plenty of interesting information about the movie.
For instance, have you ever wondered what film little Kevin is watching in the movie?
Well, it’s a movie that was shot specifically to air during Home Alone, making it not an actual movie at all!
However, the non-movie became quite popular and was even given the title Angels With Filthy Souls.
Keep reading through these Home Alone quotes for some iconic lines from a “movie” within a movie!
The entire premise of Home Alone is a little whacky.
What family would forget their eight-year-old son back at home when leaving on vacation?
However, Macaulay Culkin, as Kevin, is hilarious and just runs with it.
Joe Pesci (Harry) and Daniel Stern (Marv) complete the slapstick comedy as the unbelievably incompetent burglars who get defeated by Kevin in unique ways.
Home Alone was initially set to be financed and distributed by Warner Bros but ended up being picked up by Fox when the film’s budget grew from 10 to 18 million dollars.
It paid off, though, because Home Alone grossed $285.8 million in the United States and Canada.
Its worldwide total revenue was $476.7 million.
Don’t forget to check out these Frozen quotes that will thaw your heart.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
The most well-known Home Alone quotes
A study by psychologists at the University of Colorado found that humor can have a positive effect on both physical and mental health, including reducing stress and anxiety.
This suggests that sharing Home Alone quotes with friends and family could be a great way to boost mood and well-being.
1. “Guys, I’m eating junk and watching rubbish! You better come out and stop me!” — Kevin
You will also enjoy our article on being alone quotes.
2. “Keep the change, ya filthy animal.” — Gangster Johnny
You will also enjoy our article on Dirty Harry quotes.
3. “Look what you did, you little jerk.” — Uncle Frank
You will also enjoy our article on the edge of seventeen quotes.
4. “Kevin, you are such a disease.” — Jeff
You will also enjoy our article on isolation quotes.
5. “Say… is it true French babes don’t shave their pits?” — Buzz
You will also enjoy our article on i miss you quotes.
6. “You can be too old for a lot of things, but you’re never too old to be afraid.” — Marley
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about new beginning.
7. “KEVIN!” — Kate
You will also enjoy our article on family quotes and sayings.
8. “I made my family disappear.” — Kevin
You will also enjoy our article on domestic violence quotes.
9. “Fuller, go easy on the Pepsi.” — Leslie
You will also enjoy our article on a cinderella story quotes.
10. “A lovely cheese pizza. Just for me.” — Kevin
You will also enjoy our article on moon quotes.
11. “I got you milk, eggs, and fabric softener.” — Kevin
You will also enjoy our article on achievement quotes.
Home Alone quotes from the Wet Bandits
In a survey by YouGov, 68% of respondents said that they watched Home Alone during the holiday season.
This indicates that the movie has become a beloved holiday tradition for many families, and that Home Alone quotes are likely to be especially popular during this time of year.
12. “Why the hell are you dressed like a chicken?” — Marv
You will also enjoy our article on quotes by mother teresa.
13. Marv: “He’s a kid. Kids are stupid. I know I was.”
Harry: “You still are, Marv.”
14. “Where are you, you little creep?” — Harry
You will also enjoy our article on single mom quotes.
15. “I don’t get it. I mean, right now it looks like there’s nobody home. Last night the place was jumping. Something ain’t right.” — Harry
You will also enjoy our article on Rodney Dangerfield quotes.
16. “What’s so funny? What are you laughing at? You did it again, didn’t you? You left the water running. What’s wrong with you? Why do you do that? I told you not to do it.” — Harry
17. “No, no, no, no, no. It’s Christmastime. There’s always a lot of burglaries around the holidays. So we’re just in the neighborhood to see if everyone’s taking the proper precautions. That’s all.” — Harry
18. “That’s the one, Marv, that’s the silver tuna.” — Harry
19. “Yeah. But remember, we’re the wet bandits. The wet bandits. W-E-T.” — Marv
20. “Very gee, huh? It’s loaded. It’s got lots of top-flight goods. Stereos, VCRs…” — Harry
21. “All the great ones leave their mark. We’re the wet bandits!” — Marv
22. “Probably looking at some very fine jewelry. Possible cash hoard. Odd marketable securities… Who knows. It’s a gem. Hand me a crowbar. Crowbars up.” — Harry
Home Alone quotes that will make you laugh
According to a study conducted by the University of Oxford, laughter can help reduce stress and anxiety levels by lowering cortisol, a stress hormone, and releasing endorphins, which are natural mood-boosting chemicals in the brain.
Therefore, including Home Alone quotes that make people laugh can have a positive impact on their mental health.
23. “Buzz, your girlfriend. Woof!” — Kevin
24. “Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen.” — Kevin
25. “Buzz, I’m reading through all your private stuff, you better come out and pound me!” — Kevin
Which of these Home Alone quotes is your favorite?
The film, written and produced by John Hughes, was conceived while he was preparing to go on vacation.
He said: “I was going away on vacation and making a list of everything I didn’t want to forget.
I thought, ‘well, I’d better not forget my kids.’
Then I thought, ‘what if I left my 10-year-old son at home?
What would he do?”
Home Alone was the number-one film at the box office for 12 consecutive weeks and launched a franchise of films.
The movie encountered some casting and filming problems.
It almost lost Daniel Stern because of an increase in the filming schedule, but they were able to get him back.
Culkin could only film until 10 pm because he was so young, and Pesci wanted to start later in the day so he could play golf.
There was also some annoyance from Pesci and Stern because they couldn’t curse on set.
Regardless of the struggles, Home Alone is still a holiday tradition for many, and it is funny every time you re-watch it!
Did you enjoy these Home Alone quotes and sayings?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.