No matter who you are, you must admit that rainbows are a thing of beauty. After a storm passes, we see them as symbols of better things and they often lift our spirits high.
Seeing the rainbow is always a wonderful thing. The rainbow is a symbol of hope, inspiration, promise, good fortune, and wishes coming true.
If you’re in the middle of a storm in your life waiting for the rainbow, remember that anything magnificent often requires a battle, struggle and patience.
Weathering the storm is a part of life. Understand why you’re enduring the rain and never stop to learn along the way.
The delays you experience while fighting your challenges are valuable. So instead of wasting your time complaining and whining, use it to assess what knowledge and additional skills you can acquire.
And when your rainbow finally arrives, don’t forget all the energy, time, and sacrifices you had to make to reach your goals and dreams.
To help you celebrate the end of storm, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thoughtful rainbow quotes, rainbow sayings, and rainbow proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Rainbow quotes celebrating hope after a storm
1. “And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
2. “I’m continually inspired by nature, and the rainbow is one of nature’s greatest optical phenomenon. The sighting of a rainbow never fails to bring a smile to people’s faces. They signify optimism and positivity: with them comes the sunshine after the rain.”- Matthew Williamson
3. “I like to look put together without trying too hard. I don’t want to look as if God’s made another rainbow – I prefer muted, autumnal colours, like most fading redheads.” – Anne Robinson
4. “Don’t seek to be happy; let everyone else chase after that rainbow. Seek to be kind, and you’ll find the rainbow follows you.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
5. “Rainbows introduce us to reflections of different beautiful possibilities so we never forget that pain and grief are not the final options in life.” – Aberjhani
6. “Happiness doesn’t always come in pink. Learn to appreciate the rainbow.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
7. “Gratitude is the real treasure God wants us to find, because it isn’t the pot of gold but the rainbow that colors our world.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
8. “Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
9. “In life, you either choose to sing a rainbow, or you don’t. Keep singing.” – Kathleen Long
10. “Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.” – E.Y. Harburg
Also read these calm lake quotes that will bring your life peace.
Rainbow quotes to help you weather the storm
11. “The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow.” – Anonymous
12. “When I see a rainbow, I know that someone, somewhere loves me.” – Anthony T. Hincks
13. “Don’t turn around. Don’t look back. Keep moving forward. Keep pushing. The pot of gold is at the end of the rainbow, not the beginning.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
14. “Shine your soul with the same egoless humility as the rainbow and no matter where you go in this world or the next, love will find you, attend you, and bless you.” – Aberjhani
15. “God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each of us – in the dreariest and most dreaded moments – can see a possibility of hope.” – Maya Angelou
16. “If you want to enjoy the rainbow, be prepared to endure the storm.” – Warren Wendel Wiersbe
17. “There comes a point in your life when you realize your hardest times are your best times, too—you will see the rainbow of your life.” – Roy Bennett
18. “Only rainbows after rain the sun will always come again.” – Tahlia Chi
19. “Rainbows reminds us that even after the darkest clouds and the fiercest winds there is still beauty.” – Katrina Mayer
20. “Teach them that rainbows appear after a storm to remind them that light begins and ends with all colors.” – Frederic M. Perrin
Also read these inspirational rain quotes will help wash away the stress and bring you the happiness you deserve!
Rainbow quotes to give you hope and courage
21. “Know that rainbows and butterflies are God’s gift to your joy.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
22. “Often times, the brightest rainbows follow the darkest rainstorms.” – Unknown
23. “Life throws challenges and every challenge comes with rainbows and lights to conquer it.” – Amit Ray
24. “Never scared of challenges that comes into our life like the cloud and rain, because the rainbows will come to surpass them; and teach ourselves to be a RAINBOW in other people’s cloud, to make them happy.” – Ejump
25. “To catch the butterflies and the rainbows of your dream, walk alone, keep faith in yourself, focus your energy and start the adventure.” – Amit Ray
26. “Rainbows are made of small raindrops. Happy lives are made from acts of kindness.” – Amit Ray
27. “All the best things in life are free: love, smiles, friends, family, pets & companions, thoughts, sunsets & sunrises and especially rainbows.” – Anthony T. Hincks
28. “It’s when you follow the rain clouds that you find out where the rainbows are hiding.” – Anthony T. Hincks
29. “When beauty is seen through the windows of the soul – rainbows appear and everything is magical. It feels simply divine.” – Angie Karan
30. “When thunderstorms roll in, you make a choice to either succumb with tears to the gloomy downpour, or smile and look for rainbows.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
Rainbow quotes to help you grow and move forward
31. “We will continue to chase rainbows unless we recognize that they are rainbows and there is no pot of gold at the end of them.” – Diane Ravitch
32. “Be proud of the incredible person that you are… and become a rainbow in someone’s cloudy day.” – Nyki Mack
33. “Like the rainbow after the rain, joy will reveal itself after sorrow.” – Rupi Kaur
34. “Let’s start a new slate, let’s look for the rainbow in every cloud and let’s be more humane and selfless, let us become more philanthropic- that’s my wish for the New Year.” – Charmaine J Forde
35. “It’s when a rainbow smiles that sadness is banished from the land.” – Anthony T. Hincks
36. “If you want to be a rainbow, all you have to do is just believe.” – Anthony T. Hincks
37. “Love from novels isn’t true love: it ends where it should begin. True love, deep love, grows up with time, throughout days of dullness and days of storms. It leaves in one’s heart a rainbow of tenderness and forgiveness which illuminates forever the beloved one.” – Gabrielle Dubois
38. “My eyes constantly seek the rainbow of my dreams and I sometimes fail to be grateful for raindrops that keeps my hope alive” – Vijaya Gowrisankar
39. “If you don’t have a rainbow to give. Give a smile. It works just the same.” – Anthony T. Hincks
40. “Stay strong, there’s a rainbow after every storm.” – Anonymous
Inspirational rainbow quotes
41. “A person may only touch one person’s heart. A rainbow touches many.” – Anthony T Hincks
42. “To find the rainbow and life’s incredible beauties, learn to play with adversity.” – Debasish Mridha
43. “If you’re going on a journey take a rainbow with you because you never know who you are going to meet.” – Anthony T. Hincks
44. “To be a rainbow in someone’s cloud is commendable, but I prefer to be the rain because it dampens cheeks and washes away tears.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
45. “You’re nobody’s rainbow. You’re nobody’s princess. You’re nobody’s doorway but your own, and the only one who gets to tell you how your story ends is you.” – Seanan McGuire
46. “Every sacrifice is another colour of your Rainbow!” – Cass van Krah
47. “Those who have darkness in their minds turn their bodies into darkness as well! Life is colourful; be like a rainbow, use every colour! Don’t get stuck in one colour, be colourful! Black, red, yellow, green, let all the colours be your colours! Those who have colourful minds will have colourful bodies as well!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
48. “Sometimes the greatest storms bring out the greatest beauty… Life can be a storm, but your hope is a rainbow and your friends and family are the gold.” – Steve Maraboli
49. “A friend of mine gave me a rainbow and it made me happy. So, I in turn, gave it to a complete stranger and then it made both of us smile.” – Anthony T. Hincks
50. “An optimist sees rainbows when there is rain.” – Debasish Mridha
Rainbow quotes that will make you strong
51. “Become a rainbow in someone’s life today.”― Anthony T. Hincks
52. “I adore the sky wearing rainbow shawl of love for the birds so that they could fly free in warmth after the storm.”― Munia Khan
53. “I was afraid that I’d forgotten all the colors of the rainbow, but I know just where I can find them again.”― Megan Shepherd
54. “With all colors combined the world shines.”― Arefin Bashar Arif
55. “The diversity of different colours is displayed in a rainbow.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
56. “Give freedom to colours and then you shall meet the rainbow everywhere!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
57. “Life is not always fair. Sometimes you get a splinter sliding down a rainbow.”― Terri Guillemets
58. “We colour the world,
Not with the darkness of our pasts,
But with the rainbow of our hope.”― Jenim Dibie
59. “Rainbow of happiness is the byproduct of your inner sunshine, after the rain of sorrows.”― Vikrmn
60. “You are the rainbow that adds color to my gray skies.”― Avijeet Das
61. “Draw a curve with your each smile & let your happiness be known to the world like a stunning rainbow!”― Somya Kedia
62. “I’d rather see the world as a rainbow than endless shade of gray.”― Amani Abbas
63. “If it rains during sunshine, don’t worry; you’ll see your rainbow.”― Vikrmn
64. “Just look at the sky when the rainbow appears and all the richness of
colors will fascinate you completely.”― Eraldo Banovac
65. “And sometimes you realize the value of the rain by knowing how unreliable and vanishing the rainbow is.”― Nur Bedeir
Rainbow quotes to elevate your perspective
66. “I kind of view everybody like a rainbow. Everybody on the planet has all the colors of the rainbow inside.” ― Alexia Fast
67. “It’s greener on the other side, but it’s rainbows and gold on mine.” -.
68. “You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.” ― Charlie Chaplin
69. “If you have ever followed a rainbow to its end, it leads you to the ground on which you are standing.” – Alan Cohen
70. “If a rainbow makes a sound, or a flower as it grows, that was the sound of her laughter.” ― William P. Young
71. “When it looked like the sun wasn’t going to shine any more, there’s a rainbow in the clouds.” – Maya Angelou
72. “There can be no rainbow without a cloud and a storm.” ― John H. Vincent
73. “Each of us has the power and responsibility to become a rainbow in the clouds.” – Maya Angelou
74. “It takes both rain and sunshine to make a Rainbow.” ― Proverb
75. “Rainbows have a way of making the world seem right.” – Anthony T. Hincks
Beautiful rainbow quotes
76. “Have you ever seen the world upside down the rainbows seem to smile.” ― Kamu Auroville
77. “Moment the sky embraces the earth is called a rainbow.” –
Corina Abdulahm Negura
78. “After a debauch of thunder shower, the weather takes the pledge and signs it with a rainbow.” ― Thomas Bailey Aldrich
79. “Why chase rainbows when you’ve already caught one?.” – Anthony T. Hincks
80. “If you disturb the colors of the rainbow, the rainbow is no longer beautiful.” ― Denis Diderot
81. “When there is love in the heart, there are rainbows in the eyes, which cover every black cloud with gorgeous hues.” – Henry Ward Beecher
82. “If you want to see a rainbow you have to learn to see the rain.” ― Paulo Coelho
83. “Love was a feeling completely bound up with color, like thousands of rainbows superimposed one on top of the other.” – Paulo Coelho
84. “Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray.” ― Lord Byron
85. “Why would I spend my life chasing rainbows when I can be still and see them in their full beauty.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
You might also like these moon quotes to help you believe in your purpose.
Rainbow quotes to inspire you
86. “We are all part of the same rainbow. We are all reflections of each other. As unique and diverse as we are in character and skills, the source of all creation is as multidimensional as we are.”― Suzy Kassem
87. “My dream is to fly. Oh, my rainbow it is too high.” – Ruslana Korshunova
88. “Today’s teardrops are tomorrow’s rainbows.” – Ricky Nelson
89. “If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow, why oh why can’t I?” – Yip Harburg
90. “True love will never fade like a rainbow.” – Jon Jones
91. “There’s a rainbow in the sky, all the time, don’t be blind.” – Ziggy Marley
92. “I’d rather see the world as a rainbow than endless shade of gray.” –Amani
93. “One can enjoy a rainbow without necessarily forgetting the forces that made it.” – Mark Twain
94. “When the morning gathers the rainbow, want you to know I’m a rainbow too.” – Bob Marley
95. “At the end of the dream, on the other side of the rainbow, there’s only light.” – Frederick Lenz
More rainbow quotes and sayings
96. “We are rainbows, me and you. Every color, every hue.” – Miley Cyrus
97. “Don’t miss all the beautiful colors of the rainbow looking for that pot of gold.” – Unknown
98. “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
99. “Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.” – Alyssa Knight
100. “Your true colors are beautiful like a rainbow.” – Cyndi Lauper
101. “Before you see the rainbow, you see the rain. If you want to reach your goals, you have to be able to put up with the pain.” — Unknown
102. “Focus on your rainbow and not your rain.” – Unknown
103. “The soul would have no rainbow… had the eyes no tears.” — John Vance Cheney
104. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Dolly Parton quotes from the iconic actress.
105. “It takes sunshine and rain to make a rainbow. There would be no rainbows without sunshine and rain.” — Roy T. Bennett
Also check out these water quotes that will broaden your thoughts.
Which of these rainbow quotes was your favorite?
The sight of the rainbow is beautiful and powerful. It is a reminder that there’s an end to the storm.
The rainbow is a sign of hope and new beginnings. It reminds us that things will soon be better and brighter. Hopefully the above quotes will help you see the bright side so you can grow and move forward.
Did you enjoy these rainbow quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
May 28, 2020 6:10 AM EST