Fans of The Boondocks will love these Huey Freeman quotes from the popular TV character!
Huey Freeman was created by Aaron McGruder and voiced by Regina King.
He is the narrator and the main protagonist of the TV sitcom Boondocks.
We first see Huey in the first season of Boondocks, which aired in 2005.
The series ran through 2014.
Huey is a 10-year-old African-American boy into politics and is borderline militant in his thinking.
His character is named after one of the co-founders of the Black Panther Party.
Huey’s revolutionary radical left-wing viewpoints mimic many of the Black Panther ideologies.
Huey grows up cynical, living in a predominantly white neighborhood with his grandfather and younger brother outside Chicago after his parents died.
Take a look at the Huey Freeman quotes below.
You will also enjoy our article on Two and a Half Men quotes.
Best Huey Freeman quotes
See if you can recognize which episodes these popular Huey Freeman quotes occurred.
1. ”Being the bigger man is overrated.” – Huey Freeman
2. “The world is a hard and lonely place, and nobody gets anything for free.” – Huey Freeman
3. “I’ve said it before, expensive sneakers are like $150 land mines.” – Huey Freeman
4. “I want my people to be free!” – Huey Freeman
5. “I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.” – Huey Freeman
6. “Santa Claus is an Illuminati agent walking towards a New World Order.” – Huey Freeman
7. “My voice will ring out across the globe and make a difference.” – Huey Freeman
8. “What is the point of talking if nobody ever learns.” – Huey Freeman
9. “My knowledge of self shines boldly in the face of the beast.” – Huey Freeman
10. “Fate, it would seem, is not without a sense of irony.” – Huey Freeman
Check out our collection of Uncle Ruckus quotes if you enjoy this article.
More Huey Freeman quotes
These quotes show more about the character and his feelings about the world around him.
11. “Maybe there are forces in this universe we don’t understand. But I still believe we make our own miracles.” – Huey Freeman
12. “We only fear the unknown. Knowledge dispels fear.” – Huey Freeman
13. “The ancestors already bought and paid for our crown; all we have to do is wear.” – Huey Freeman
14. “Oppressive systems need to keep the masses ignorant and stagnate the mental health of the youth to ensure they never rebel against it.” – Huey Freeman
15. “Maybe I’m too young to know what the world is supposed to be, but it is not supposed to be this. It can’t be this.” – Huey Freeman
16. “My own pony! I’m gonna name him Sammy Davis, Jr. the pony.” – Huey Freeman
17. “One day, you and everyone you know is gonna die.” – Huey Freeman
18. “I don’t know, maybe that’s part of the plan, to make me think I’m crazy. It’s working.” – Huey Freeman
19. “You do what you can to help people, and they make you wonder why you even bother.” – Huey Freeman
20. “It seems to be getting harder. Distinguishing reality from the illusions people make for us, or the ones we make for ourselves.” – Huey Freeman
Influential Beyond His Years
We see a side of Huey that shows he is a gifted speaker who can hold the attention of crowds and influence people individually when he desires.
Huey can also accurately judge how circumstances will turn out before they happen, which helps him help his friends on numerous occasions.
Share your favorite Huey Freeman quotes with your friends and family, and let us know which ones they are in the comment section below.