Island Quotes That Will Inspire You To Spend Time On An Island
December 29, 2022 6:59 AM EST
Looking for the best Island quotes?
You have landed at the right place.
An island is a beautiful and mind-blowing place surrounded by water where anyone would love to spend some time.
The lush green trees, the sound of waves, the noise of birds and animals as well as the cool and fresh air make you feel relaxed.
And here, you will find the best island quotes you will enjoy sharing with your friends and followers.
But before moving to the quotes section, let’s go through some reasons why you might want to make an island your next holiday destination.
Why make an island your next holiday destination?
Traveling to any island is no less than a dream for anyone.
And that’s why many people wish to go island to spend their vacations.
But have you ever thought about why it is so?
Let’s discuss some of the main reasons.
Many people plan to spend their holidays on an island because of its pleasant and stunning weather.
Islands are considered perfect destinations for summer holidays.
This is because people usually look for cool places in summer to get some sunshine and carry out outdoor activities.
In this regard, the island is a perfect match for the summer holidays.
Islands present the best scenery and view you will hardly find anywhere else.
If you love nature, then island holidays are a must for you.
The vast blue sea, mountains, white beaches, and long green trees give a stunning view.
And this refreshes your soul and body from the inside out.
You will get lost in the natural and scenic beauty of the island.
People also like sunbathing on beaches and enjoying the island’s beautiful scenery.
If you love water activities and adventure, you should visit an island to spend your next holidays.
Islands are surrounded by water and are full of various water activities.
Water activities on the island are full of fun and entertainment, and you will remember the experience for the rest of your life.
Now let’s see how island quotes can change your mood while giving you a pleasant feeling.
Top 10 island quotes
Here we have compiled the top 10 island quotes. So just read and enjoy.
1. “No man is an island. No man stands alone.” — Dennis Brown
2. “I grew up on Long Island. It was pretty normal.” — Melanie Martinez
3. “Gilligan’s Island is wherever you want it to be in your mind.” — Bob Denver
4. “Hunan Taste is definitely my favorite restaurant in Long Island.” — Madison Beer
5. “I could buy an island. I could buy a private jet – but I have NetJets.” — David Tepper
6. “No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent.” — John Donne
7. “Unless I move to a desert island with poor reception, I’ll never stop speaking out!” — Ana Navarro
8. “I’d rather have a search engine or a compiler on a deserted island than a game.” — John Carmack
9. “As a New Yorker, I’m someone who lives on an island and looks across to America.” — Laurie Anderson
10. “Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring… ‘How to Build a Boat.’” — Steven Wright
Island quotes with deep meaning
The following quotes have some deep meanings within them. So, let’s read and understand what they have inside.
11. “Knowledge is an island surrounded by a sea of mystery.” — Chet Raymo
12. “Our knowledge is a little island in a great ocean of non-knowledge.” — Isaac Bashevis Singer
13. “The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder.” — Ralph W. Sockman
14. “You cannot stop an Islamist tsunami by building a small island somewhere in the ocean.” — Avigdor Lieberman
15. “The island Mayo is generally barren, being dry, as I said; and the best of it is but a very indifferent soil.” — William Dampier
16. “Geographically, Ireland is a medium-sized rural island that is slowly but steadily being consumed by sheep.” — Dave Barry
17. “The general knowledge of time on the island depends, curiously enough, on the direction of the wind.” — John Millington Synge
18. “Hawaii has always been a very pivotal role in the Pacific. It is in the Pacific. It is a part of the United States that is an island that is right here.” — Dan Quayle
19. “We live on an island surrounded by a sea of ignorance. As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance.” — John Archibald Wheeler
20. “This island is made mainly of coal and surrounded by fish. Only an organizing genius could produce a shortage of coal and fish at the same time.” — Aneurin Bevan
Funny island quotes
Here are some quotes to put a smile on your face.
21. “I’m an island boy, so I love my reggae and soca music.” — Dule Hill
22. “I’m jealous of the ‘Love Island’ girls. I wish I was that confident.” — Laura Whitmore
23. “There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.” — Walt Disney
24. “My teacher wanted me to do loss Buns,’ but all I wanted to learn was ‘Island in the Sun’ by Weezer.” — Clairo
25. “A lot of people prefer to be alone. They would rather be a palm tree on an island. I don’t get it.” — Jose Andres
26. “We are Bayern Munich and English teams always have trouble as soon as they leave the island.” — Oliver Kahn
27. “And I’ve shot in Prince Edward Island winters, I mean, I’ve shot in some intense, intense temperatures.” — Elliot Page
28. “‘Teen Beach Movie’ was a lot of fun because we were in Puerto Rico on an island – you can’t even call it work!” — Ross Lynch
29. “I went to school at the University of Rhode Island and pursued a degree in journalism, which is a little bit ironic.” — Candace Owens
30. “Let’s hope I never end up on a deserted island because I could never make a decision on which three CDs to take with me.” — Willem Dafoe
Island quotes about life experiences
The following quotes contain life experiences shared by the authors.
31. “‘Island of the Blue Dolphins’ by Scott O’Dell had a huge impact on me.” — Kate DiCamillo
32. “I went to the University of Victoria on Vancouver Island and their theater program.” — Thomas Middleditch
33. “Every summer I sail to a small island called Cavallo, which lies between Sardinia and Corsica.” — Gino D’Acampo
34. “I have a massage when I want to relax. I love being pampered. I love island massages when you’re outside in the fresh air.” — Angie Stone
35. “I did a terrible job of composing myself. I was a spoiled brat from Long Island who benefitted from the energy of New York.” — John McEnroe
36. “I depended a lot on being an over-the-top, ridiculous, obnoxious, Staten Island Princess. That’s what I did, and I guess the rest is history.” — Carmella
37. “Have any of our friends got off the Island with their families, or what must they submit to? Despotism or destruction, I fear, is their fate.” — William Floyd
38. “My desire was not to pass any island without taking possession, so that, one having been taken, the same may be said of all.” — Christopher Columbus
39. “A self does not amount to much, but no self is an island; each exists in a fabric of relations that is now more complex and mobile than ever before.” — Jean-Francois Lyotard
40. “My dad, who likes genealogy, knows who was the first guy that came from France in 1655, and the guy settled in Montreal, and Montreal is an island where the city is in Quebec.” — Julie Payette
Island quotes for island lovers
These quotes are for people who just love islands.
41. “Islands are natural workshops of evolution.” — Richard Dawkins
42. “I feel we are all islands—in a common sea.” — Anne Marrow Lindbergh
43. “Faith is an island in the setting sun, But proof is the bottom line for everyone.” — Paul Simon
44. “How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of goodwill.” — Albert Einstein
45. “Little islands are all large prisons; one cannot look at the sea without wishing for the wings of a swallow.” — Sir Richard Francis Burton
46. “Everyone knew that all islands were worlds unto themselves, that to come to an island was to come to another world.” — Guy Gavriel Kay
47. “There are several sorts of religions, not only in different parts of the island but even in every town; some worshipping the sun, others the moon or one of the planets.” — Thomas More
48. “This land is your land, this land is my land, From California to the New York Island. From the redwood forest to the Gulf Stream waters This land was made for you and me.” — Woody Guthrie
49. “The fact is, everything we want or yearn for is won through other people. No man on an island is happy; he is merely existing. The joyous life is the one filled with rich relationships.” — Vernon Howard
50. “I don’t know where my romanticism comes from. My mom and dad would read to me a lot. ‘Treasure Island,’ ‘Robinson Crusoe,’ tales of chivalry and knights, things like that. Those are the stories I loved growing up.” — Daniel Radcliffe
Which island quote is your favorite?
Undoubtedly, island quotes and sayings give a great motivation to plan an island holiday trip.
After going through these quotes, you will also feel motivated and pumped.
If that is the case, please share which quote inspired you to plan and spend your next holidays on an island.
We look forward to reading your comments!