Gone far too soon, these wise words in the form of Mac Miller quotes will make you miss the late rapper even more. A man who was both humble and incredibly talented, the Mac Miller quotes will allow you to see him in a different light.
Mac Miller recently passed (on September 7, 2018) of a suspected drug overdose, leaving behind what seems like an unfinished legacy. Miller was a popular American rapper beloved by anyone who knew him, listened to him, or was just getting to know his work and story.
A talented rapper from a young age, he released his first mixtape when he was just 14. By the time he was 17, Miller was attracting the attention of some of the best music labels in the country and signed on to ‘Rostrum Records’ in 2010.
In late 2011, he released his debut studio album, Blue Slide Park. The album debut at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart, becoming the first independently distributed debut album to do so since 1995.
Before his death, Miller had just released his fifth studio album titled “Swimming” in August. And while his first album remains his major work, most of his albums and mixtapes have received positive reviews.
Miller’s tragic passing has provoked a much-needed conversation about the importance of mental health and the need to better understand people recovering from addiction and to help them get the treatment they need. In that respect, here are some inspirational Mac Miller quotes to honor him and to help us reflect on the importance of our mental and emotional well-being.
Mac Miller quotes about happiness and mental health
1. “No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.” – Mac Miller
2. “The life you live is more important than the words you speak.” – Mac Miller
3. Enjoy the best things in your life cuz you ain’t gonna get to live it twice.” – Mac Miller
4. “Someone told me sleep was the cousin of death and followin’ the dollar finds nothin’ but stress.” – Mac Miller
5. “If I stay in one mindset or place for too long, I get crazy.” – Mac Miller
6. “They say you waste time asleep, but I’m just trying to dream.” – Mac Miller
7. “I’ma do my thing until the day the reaper come for me. You can keep on grillin’, I’ma smile back.” – Mac Miller
8. “When you feel sad, it’s okay. It’s not the end of the world. Everyone has those days when you doubt yourself, and when you feel like everything you do sucks, but then there’s those days when you feel like Superman. It’s just the balance of the world. I just write to feel better.” – Mac Miller
9. “Some people need to just stop thinking about everything they do and just do it.” – Mac Miller
10. “Been contemplating if I even still believe in the truth.” – Mac Miller
Also check out these insightful suicide quotes to inspire prevention.
Positive Mac Miller quotes to inspire
11. “People change and things go wrong, but just remember, life goes on.” – Mac Miller
12. “I’ve been laughed at, hated on, no one would even play my songs. Wouldn’t even listen to anything that my name was on.” – Mac Miller
13. “Your life’s short, don’t ever question the length. It’s cool to cry, don’t ever question your strength.” – Mac Miller
14. “In the quest to be a man, you start to learn you need your family. If it wasn’t for them, I’d be way closer to insanity.” – Mac Miller
15. “Stand by those who stand by you.” – Mac Miller
16. “Never make yourself feel like nothing, to make someone else feel like everything.” – Mac Miller
17. “To me, women have always been the sturdiest people in my life and have been incredible sources of energy.” – Mac Miller
18. “I like seeing good people win.” – Mac Miller
19. “They’re gonna try to tell you no, shatter all your dreams. But you gotta get up, and go and think of better things.” – Mac Miller
20. “People change and things go wrong, but just remember, life goes on.” – Mac Miller
Inspirational Mac Miller quotes
21. “There’s a lot of beauty in the world, so go hang out and go be a part of the solution rather than the problem.” – Mac Miller
22. “Don’t count the number of friends you have, but the number of friends you can count on.” – Mac Miller
23. “I just have always felt as long as I’m 100 percent honest, then it’s just me. It’s a lot easier to sleep at night that way.” – Mac Miller
24. “We fear rejection, want attention, crave affection, and dream of perfection.” – Mac Miller
25. “It never gets boring for me because there’s so many different things to explore in the studio.”– Mac Miller
26. “You know how much you love it when you get it in abundance.” – Mac Miller
27. “Life is just a recital, better remember all that you practice.”– Mac Miller
28. “I think, a lot of times, people just want to be cool, and to be in love is not cool. But I think it’s the coolest. I think love is the coolest thing that there is.” – Mac Miller
29. “My ideology was, if I just make very happy music, very happy music, then people will forget about whatever their problems are. I will forget about my problems.” – Mac Miller
30. “A penny for your thoughts, a dollar for your dreams.”– Mac Miller
31. “I flood the Internet with what I think is quality content. That’s why I did things like giving out a song every 100,000 Twitter followers because I am just looking for ways to get my fans to hear all this music without over saturating things.” – Mac Miller
32. “Planting the seeds, working and watching it grow.” – Mac Miller
33. “As I learn more about myself, I think people learn more about me as well. It seems to correlate that way. I learn how to represent myself more as it goes on.” – Mac Miller
34. “Everything will be good by the weekend.” – Mac Miller
35. “I’m an honest man, my mama told me never put it on the lotto and
I work for everything I get that is my motto.” – Mac Miller
Positive and powerful Mac Miller quotes
36. “When you first get sober, you feel like a superhero. You feel real emotion because you’ve been suppressing it forever. It’s so much easier to navigate what’s important.” – Mac Miller
37. “The journey that I’m facin’ plus the paper that I’m chasin.”- Mac Miller
38. “People put their voice everywhere. All through Instagram comments. As minuscule and kind of stupid as that is, at the same time, it’s dope. People really feel like, ‘I have to say something,’ which is sometimes a little much, but like, ‘Go ahead, man. Speak away.'” – Mac Miller
39. “Looking at my life is like you watching movies.”- Mac Miller
40. “Fear, to me, is a guiding thing more than anything.” – Mac Miller
41. “I’m just an idea, nothing concrete.”- Mac Miller
42. “When I was a kid, this was always my dream: to live in New York.” – Mac Miller
43. “The difference between love and war inform me.” – Mac Miller
44. “I just like to sing for people who have lost love.” – Mac Miller
45. “The day that I die on will turn me to an icon.” – Mac Miller
Other insightful Mac Miller quotes
46. “Being famous used to just defeat me. I wouldn’t leave my house because I was worried about someone being like, ‘Oh, are you Mac Miller?’ and then the rest of the night I couldn’t be myself.” – Mac Miller
47. “I used to just think about what my fans wanted all the time. But it just started feeling weird to me. I want to just show everyone who I am and stick to my vision. I have to trust myself.” – Mac Miller
48. “I’ve always wanted to sing. I don’t think I have a great voice, but I just think that I get the emotion. It’s very authentic. Whatever emotion I’m feeling, I can sing it, and you can feel it.” – Mac Miller
49. “Go through the worst to reach the ecstasy.” – Mac Miller
50. “I don’t know if I’m a feminist, but I just know that I am all for outspoken, powerful women.” – Mac Miller
51. “I think I’m JFK’s final speech. They try assassinating all of my beliefs.”- Mac Miller
52. “Everyone that I work with is a friend. I won’t make a record with anyone unless we kick it.” – Mac Miller
53. “Style come with excellence and money make benevolence.”- Mac Miller
54. “People don’t really give me much anymore, and for good reason. I have to pay for a lot of stuff now, I can afford a lot more than I ever could before. No one really gives me anything anymore, but it feels good.” – Mac Miller
55. “If it ain’t about a dream, then it ain’t about me.”- Mac Miller
Which of these Mac Miller quotes is your favorite?
Besides being a talented rapper, Miller was an actually nice human, by all accounts. He was a rapper beloved by many, even those who were just getting familiar with his work and story.
Even though he is gone, his music will keep playing for many years to come. Hopefully, these quotes have inspired you to reflect on life, happiness, and your mental and emotional well being.
Did you enjoy these Mac Miller quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to like and share.
January 24, 2020 6:30 AM EST