If you want to brighten your day, these sayings about smiling and smile quotes are your ticket to happiness.
Let us know which of these quotes brought a smile to your face in the comment section below!
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these smile quotes?
These smile quotes will help you understand why it is important to smile.
There are several scientific benefits to being positive and smiling, some of which this article will explain.
A simple smile from you might:
- Help someone else smile because smiles are contagious
- Draw more people to you
- Make you feel more attractive and youthful
Keep reading these smile quotes to unlock the power of your smile today!
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
You will also enjoy our article on good morning quotes for him.
Short smile quotes that will bring you joy
1. “A simple smile. That’s the start of opening your heart and being compassionate to others.” – Dalai Lama
You will also enjoy our article on must see love picture quotes.
2. “Nothing shakes the smiling heart.” – Santosh Kalwar
You will also enjoy our article on beautiful quotes for her.
3. “Smile, smile, smile at your mind as often as possible. Your smiling will considerably reduce your mind’s tearing tension.” – Sri Chinmoy
You will also enjoy our article on eyes quotes.
4. “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward
You will also enjoy our article on best happy quotes about life.
5. “Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
You will also enjoy our article on flirting quotes.
6. “Smile at the obstacle, for it is a bridge.” – Medusa
You will also enjoy our article on love quotes for her.
7. “Smiling is definitely one of the best beauty remedies. If you have a good sense of humor and a good approach to life, that’s beautiful.”– Rashida Jones
You will also enjoy our article on inner beauty quotes.
8. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ― Dr. Seuss
You will also enjoy our article on crush quotes.
9. “A smile is the universal welcome.” – Max Eastman
You will also enjoy our article on love yourself quotes.
10. “A smiling face is a beautiful face. A smiling heart is a happy heart.”– Dr. T.P.Chia
You will also enjoy our article on love quotes for him.
Brighten your mood and put some extra pep in your step with these quotes designed just to put a smile on your pretty face.
There are many reasons why it’s important to live life with a smile.
Smiling has many positive effects on our brains, bodies, and the people around us.
It can make you feel better, make you more attractive, and you can make the world a better place just by smiling more often.
According to scientists, smiling causes an influx of positive emotions that help in relieving stress and lowering your blood pressure.
Each time you smile, you benefit your health and happiness.
Not only can smiling lift your mood, but it can also elevate the mood of those around you.
When you smile at others, it gives them a boost of happiness, helps them to lead a healthier life, and influences how they perceive you.
The bottom line is if you smile at others, not only will you bring positive things to your life, but to the lives of those around you.
The world would be a more beautiful place if we all would smile more at ourselves and at others.
The next time you feel down, nervous, stressed out, or just need to elevate your mood, try smiling and thinking of something positive.
To brighten your day and someone else’s, here are some uplifting, cute, and beautiful smile quotes, smile sayings, and smile proverbs collected from various sources over the years.
You will also enjoy our article on blessed quotes.
You will also enjoy our article on eyes quotes.
Beautiful smile quotes to brighten your day
11. “Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” – Mother Teresa (see all Mother Teresa quotes)
You will also enjoy our article on morning quotes.
12. “Nothing you wear is more important than your smile.” – Connie Stevens
13. “A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose.” – Tom Wilson
14. “Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you.” – Peace Pilgrim
15. “A smile cures the wounding of a frown.” – William Shakespeare
16. “Never regret anything that made you smile.” – Mark Twain
17. “The greatest self is a peaceful smile, that always sees the world smiling back.” – Bryant H. McGill
18. “The people who make you smile from just seeing them, those are my favorite people.” – Koi Fresco
19. “I love those who can smile in trouble.” – Leonardo da Vinci
20. “It only takes a split second to smile and forget, yet to someone that needed it, it can last a lifetime.” ― Steve Maraboli
Also, read these inspirational age quotes for the young at heart quotes.
Smile quotes to remind of its value
21. “If you’re not using your smile, you’re like a man with a million dollars in the bank and no checkbook.” – Les Giblin
22. “Smile at strangers and you just might change a life.” – Steve Maraboli
23. “A smile is the best way to get away with trouble even if it’s a fake one.” – Masashi Kishimoto
24. “All the statistics in the world can’t measure the warmth of a smile.” – Chris Hart
25. “Share your smile with the world. It’s a symbol of friendship and peace.” – Christie Brinkley
26. “A smile is a friend maker.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
27. “If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.” – Maya Angelou
28. “The living should smile, for the dead cannot.” – George R.R. Martin
29. “Peace begins with a smile.”– Mother Teresa
30. “You’ll find that life is still worthwhile if you just smile.” ― Charlie Chaplin
Beautiful smile quotes to make you happy
31. “Smile! It increases your face value.” – Robert Harling
32. “I wake up every day with a smile on my face.” – Henry Ian Cusick
33. “Beauty is power; a smile is its sword.” – John Ray
34. “Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
35. “I was smiling yesterday, I am smiling today and I will smile tomorrow. Simply because life is too short to cry for anything.” ― Santosh Kalwar
36. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
37. “Smiling makes people feel good and positive, conveying a sense of good-will, rapport and trust.” – Dr. T.P.Chia
38. “A smile remains the most inexpensive gift I can bestow on anyone and yet its powers can vanquish kingdoms.” – Og Mandino
39. “I am intrigued by the smile upon your face, and the sadness within your eyes” ― Jeremy Aldana
40. “Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Don’t forget to read these mirror quotes and sayings that will brighten your day.
Cute smile quotes
41. “A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear.” – Marilyn Monroe
42. “I can sing and dance. I can smile – a lot.” – Chris Colfer
43. “Smile, it’s free therapy.” – Douglas Horton
44. “Smile, it is the key that fits the lock of everybody’s heart.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
45. “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
46. “Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things.”– Kenneth Branagh
47. “One of the most rewarding things in life is to always put a smile on your face.”– Dr. T.P.Chia
48. “Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” – Mother Teresa
49. “If you smile when you are alone, then you really mean it.” ― Andy Rooney
50. “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.” – Mark Twain
You might also like these birthday quotes celebrating life, age, and friendships.
Beautiful smile quotes to bring happiness
51. “If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don’t be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning ‘Good morning’ at total strangers.” – Maya Angelou
52. “Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.” – W.C. Fields
53. “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine
54. “Always find opportunities to make someone smile, and to offer random acts of kindness in everyday life.”– Roy T. Bennett
55. “Your smile will give you a positive countenance that will make people feel comfortable around you.” – Les Brown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of short positive quotes to fuel your day.
56. “Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.” – Yoko Ono
57. “Look back, and smile on perils past.” – Walter Scott
58. “The source of a true smile is an awakened mind.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
59. “Use your smile to change the world; don’t let the world change your smile.”– Chinese Proverb
60. “I smile like a flower not only with my lips but with my whole being.” – Rumi
Don’t forget to also read these pursuit of happiness quotes and sayings that will make you smile.
Smile quotes to enrich your soul
61. “Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone.” ― Michael Jackson
62. “People with dimple have a divine role in this universe: smile!”― Toba Beta
63. “It’s hard not to feel happy when you make someone smile.”― Roy T. Bennett
64. “For a moment at least, be a smile on someone else’s face.”― Dejan Stojanovic
65. “Anyone can smile on their best day. I like to meet a man who can smile on his WORST.”― Lauren Graham
66. “When you have to work, work with a smile.” – Kapil Dev
67. “A smile doesn’t always stand for a perfect life.” ― Faraaz Kazi
68. “That smile could move mountains. It could also break hearts.”
― Kylie Scott
69. “I wake up every morning literally with a smile on my face, grateful for another day I never thought I’d see.” – Dick Cheney
70. “Teeth aren’t pearly, until you smile.” ― Anthony Liccione
Beautiful quotes about smiling
71. “Of all the medicines in the inner life, a smile is by far the best medicine.” – Sri Chinmoy
72. “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” – Phyllis Diller
73. “It seems to me that what we call beauty in a face lies in the smile.” – Leo Tolstoy
74. “Everywhere you go, take a smile with you.” – Sasha Azevedo
75. “Be the living expression of God’s kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.” – Mother Teresa
76. “When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully.” – Steve Maraboli
77. “Everyone smiles in the same language.” – George Carlin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of George Carlin quotes from the iconic comedian.
78. “Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available.” – Jim Beggs
79. “Smile more. Smiling can make you and others happy.” – Roy T. Bennett
80. “Always wear a smile because you never know who is watching.” – Gracie Gold
81. “The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief.” – William Shakespeare
82. “Smile. Be open and welcoming.” – Ephraim Buchwald
Also, read these laughter quotes proving why it’s the best medicine.
Smile quotes about happiness
83. “When things are difficult, smile by faith. Don’t wait until you feel better.” – Joel Osteen
84. “Learn to smile at every situation. See it as an opportunity to prove your strength and ability.” – Joe Brown
85. “A gentle word, a kind look, a good-natured smile can work wonders and accomplish miracles.” – William Hazlitt
86. “To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.” – Albert Camus
87. “Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results.” – Dennis Waitley
88. “I hoped I could make people smile and laugh and have a good time.” – Carson Kressley
89. “I miss your smile… but I miss mine more.”― Laurel House
90. “It’s a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy.” – Lucille Ball
91. “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.” – Oscar Wilde
92. “I think that anybody that smiles automatically looks better.” – Diane Lane
93. “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
94. “The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.” – James M. Barrie
Smile quotes that will make your day beautiful
95. “A journey of a thousand mile begins with a SMiLE”― Bernard Kelvin Clive
96. “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” – Steve Maraboli
97. “A smile is the only infectious affliction everyone is encouraged to spread.”― Omar Kiam
98. “The truest smiles are those which spread across our faces when no one’s watching us.” ― Minhal Mehdi
99. “It is more fitting for a man to laugh at life than to lament over it.” – Seneca
100. “People seldom notice old clothes if you wear a big smile.” – Lee Mildon
101. “The smile which you wear today has healing in it, so smile BIG!”― Anita R. Sneed-Carter
102. “You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.” – Al Capone
103. “Smile. Have you ever noticed how easily puppies make human friends? Yet all they do is wag their tails and fall over.” – Walter Anderson
104. “One who smiles rather than angers is always stronger.”― David Schary
105. “Most smiles are started by another smile.” – Frank A. Clark
Don’t forget to also read these funny inspirational quotes celebrating life, love & struggles.
Smile quotes to inspire positivity
106. “I enjoy making people laugh and making them smile.” – La La Anthony
107. “One smile speaks louder than a hundred words.”― Abhijit Naskar
108. “The weaker the country, the stronger the smile.” – Howard E. Koch
109. “Smile is the sunshine of the soul.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
110. “I love being around positive people and making people smile.” – JaVale McGee
111. “I believe in the power of SMILE.”― Purvi Raniga
112. “I don’t know why my smile has become a signature pose. I think it’s a nice change. I think people want to see happiness, so a smile is what can bring that. I didn’t make it my trademark on purpose.” – Arizona Muse
113. “When you see a person without a smile, give them yours.”― Zig Ziglar
114. “I like to smile. I smile even when I’m nervous since it calms me down and shows my friendliness.” – Yani Tseng
115. “A smile, just like a moment of living consciously, can ripple out touching and changing everything in the universe.”― Steve Leasock
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of living life in the moment quotes that will remind you to enjoy life today.
116. “Smiling makes a huge difference. A lot of people walk the red carpet and try to be sexy. I don’t do that; I always smile.” – Jazmyn Simon
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of sexy quotes articulating your love.
117. “We should smile more often in life. Our smiles make us look better and make us feel happier!”― Avijeet Das
Other beautiful smile quotes
118. “My worst day, I’m just going to try and smile.” – Iman Shumpert
119. “Your smile is heaven.”― Rosangel Perez
120. “I like being able to look in the mirror and seeing a smile on my face.” – Clint Dempsey
121. “Smiling is one of our greatest defense mechanisms.”― Asa Don Brown
122. “It’s important to maintain an attractive smile as you age. A lighter, less beige, more white tooth color is key, but no Chiclets.” – Evelyn Lauder
123. “Smile baby girl, the world is full of uncertain miles.”― Goitsemang Mvula
124. “When I draw my caricature self-portrait, I always do a huge smile.” – Rolf Harris
125. “A smile will even make the darkest of clouds shine.”― Anthony T. Hincks
126. “Nothing beats a great smile.” – Karl Urban
127. “A word or a smile is often enough to put fresh life in a despondent soul.”― St. Therese Lisieux
Smile quotes to uplift your mood
128. “Even though I felt like crying, I did my very best to smile.”― Kristen Ashley
129. “Smiling is a wonderful way to get a boost of happiness. The next time life presents you with a challenging situation, take a deep breath and smile.” – Morris Pratt
130. “A smile is the best defense against this offensive world.” – Terri Guillemets
131. “Smile doesn’t mean that someone is happy. Sometimes it just means that you’re strong.” – Zayn Malik
132. “A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.” – Charles Gordy
133. “The greatest weapon that one can have is a simple…smile.” ― Lionel Suggs
134. “Smile. Say a kind word. Believe in the goodness of strangers.” – Cyndie Spiegel
135. “When I look out at the people and they look at me and they’re smiling, then I know that I’m loved. That is the time when I have no worries, no problems.” – Etta James
136. “The thing that goes the farthest towards making life worthwhile, that costs the least, and does the most, is just a pleasant smile.” – W.D. Nesbit
137. “It is a great day anytime I can bring a smile to a girl or boy, knowing that I am helping to inspire them to always dream big.” – Normani Kordei
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of quotes for girls for young women of all ages.
Smile quotes to make your day better
138. “A smile vanquishes loneliness, if only for a fleeting moment.” – Terri Guillemets
139. “The one who extends warm wishes, or a smile whenever you meet them are the ones that always make us feel welcome.” – Byron Pulsifer
140. “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” – Mother Teresa
141. “I have witnessed the softening of the hardest of hearts by a simple smile.” – Goldie Hawn
142. “Modest, kind or optimistic people often smile more than snobbish, unkind or pessimistic people.” – Dr. T.P.Chia
143. “Try smiling at people, you never know how one smile can affect their day.” ― Benjamin Bayani
144. “I love life and I love to smile … you can never smile too much.” – Sophie Hinch
145. “Smile, it’s better than a poke in the eye.” – Douglas Horton
146. “A good smile is a magic pill that can make you feel good in every circumstance of life.” – M Kapoor
147. “I want to touch the heart of the world and make it smile.” – Charles de Lint
Smile quotes to elevate your perspective
148. “Every scowling face also contains the shapes of engaging smiles, just waiting to be released.” – Dr. SunWolf
149. “A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside.” – Denis Waitley
150. “You’re never fully dressed without a smile.” – Martin Charnin
151. “Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles.” –
152. “Always wear a smile sometime during the day, it makes you feel happier and younger.” – Kylie Bax
153. “If the world’s a veil of tears, Smile till rainbows span it.” – Lucy Larcom
154. “I’ll smile for today. I won’t cry over yesterday’s mistakes and I won’t fret over the uncertainty of tomorrow. I’ll smile because I’ve made it this far. Will you smile with me?” – Jem Downing & Jacob Moneaux, Journey
155. “My cheeks explode when I smile. That’s why I have to look so nonplussed.” – Rufus Wainwright
156. “A smile costs nothing in money, time, or effort but it is literally true that it can be of supreme importance in one’s life.” – Emmet Fox
157. “Nothing is more beautiful than a smile that has struggled through tears.” – Demi Lovato
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out our collection of quotes about having fun and enjoying your life.
Smile quotes on the power of smiling
158. “If you din’t start out the day with a smile, it’s not too late to start practicing for tomorrow.” – Unknown
159. “Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” – Marilyn Monroe
160. “A smile is something you can’t give away; it always comes back to you.” – Unknown
161. “Focus on giving smiles away and you will always discover that your own smiles will always be in great supply!” – Joyce Meyer
162. “Smile is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on you- – always keep smiling.” – Unknown
163. “If you’re able to help some people and make them smile and make them realize that life is good, then that’s worth so much more than buying a pair of shoes.” – Maria Sharapova
164. “A smile also works wonders with your own family. A smile given to each child or spouse when you see them no matter where or when will communicate you are open and welcoming.” – Byron Pulsifer
165. “We all have our down days, but it’s not hard to smile and say, ‘Thank you.’” – Yvette Nicole Brown
166. “A friendly word, a pleasant smile. Help someone feel his day’s worthwhile.” – Catherine Pulsifer
167. “Sometimes you have to smile by faith. If you’ll smile by faith, soon the joy will follow.” – Joel Osteen
More smile quotes to inspire you
168. “Wear a smile — one size fits all.” – Unknown
169. “Hide your craziness behind a beautiful smile. That’s all you need.” –
170. “It takes a lot of work from the face to let out a smile, but just think what good smiling can bring to the most important muscle of the body… the heart.” – Unknown
171. “A smile is often the key thing.One is paid with a smile. One is rewarded with a smile. One is brightened by a smile. And the quality of a smile can make one die.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
172. “Get out of bed forcing a smile. You may not smile because you are cheerful; but if you will force yourself to smile you’ll . . . be cheerful because you smile.” – Kenneth Goode
173. “If in our daily life we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. This is the most basic kind of peace work.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
174. “Every time a man smiles, and much more when he laughs, it adds something to his fragment of life.” – Laurence Sterne
175. “Whatever comes in my way, I take it with smile.” – Kubra Sait
176. “A face that cannot smile is like a bud that cannot blossom and dries up on the stalk.” – Henry Ward Beecher
177. “I wondered if my smile was as big as hers. Maybe as big. But not as beautiful.” – Benjamin Alire Saenz
Smile quotes that will warm your heart
178. “There’s always a reason to smile. Find it.”- Unknown
179. “Every girl deserves a guy who can make her smile even when she doesn’t want to.” – Unknown
180. “All people smile in the same language.” – Proverb
181. “Whatever happens, just keep smiling and lose yourself in love.” – Rumi
182. “Always keep your smile. That’s how I explain my long life.” – Jeanne Calment
183. “Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you have been up to.” – Unknown
184. “The beautiful light behind her smile makes her eyes glow with a love for life I’ve never experienced before. What true beauty is.” – Unknown
185. “As long as you live keep smiling because it brightens everybody’s day.” – Vin Scully
186. “One of my great secrets was knowing I had the power to make her smile.” – Anita Diament
187. “Sometimes we’re gonna have our bad days, but we must continue to work to be great. Keep smiling. It looks beautiful on you.” – Demi Lovato
Other inspiring smile quotes
188. “When someone is in a bad mood, look them in the eyes and tell them to smile. They will always smile and cheer up a bit.” – Unknown
189. “By sharing a kind smile, a kind word, a kind hug, you are lifting up others and thus lifting up the world.” – Carol CC Miller
190. “I add a smile to everything I wear and that has worked great for me.” – Unknown
191. “Always wear a smile, because your smile is a reason for many others to smile!” – A.A. Milne
192. “A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear.” – Unknown
193. “Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.” – Janet Lane
194. “You haven’t lost your smile at all, it’s right under your nose. You just forgot it was there.” – Unknown
195. “If someone is too tired to give you a smile, leave one of your own, because no one needs a smile as much as those who have none to give.” – Samson Raphael Hirsch
196. “A smile is happiness you will find right under your nose.” – Tom Wilson
197. “Nobody needs a smile so much as the one who has none to give. So get used to smiling heart-warming smiles, and you will spread sunshine in a sometimes dreary world.” – Lawrence G. Lovasik
Smile quotes to enlighten your day
198. “When you smile at a stranger, there is already a minute outflow of energy. You become a giver.”– Eckhart Tolle
199. “When you smile and project an aura of warmth, kindness, and friendliness, you will attract warmth, kindness, and friendliness. Happy people will be drawn to you.” – Joel Osteen
200. “We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.”– Mother Teresa
201. “It’s the most simplest of things that will always produce the biggest of smiles.” – Anthony T. Hincks
202. “Smile from your heart; nothing is more beautiful than a woman who is happy to be herself.”– Kubra Sait
203. “The value of a smile… It costs nothing, but creates much. It enriches those who receive, without impoverishing those who give. It happens in a flash and the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.”– Dale Carnegie
204. “Just one smile immensely increases the beauty of the universe.”– Sri Chinmoy
205. “A smile and good energy. They will take you farther than any material possession.”– Caroline Ghosn
206. “Smiles are the language of love.”– David Hare
207. “What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life’s pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.”– Joseph Addison
Smile quotes to make your day beautiful
208. “To risk life to save a smile on a face of a woman or a child is the secret of chivalry.”― Dejan Stojanovic
209. “If we are not able to smile, then the world will not have peace.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
210. “There is thin line between smile and laughter.”― Santosh Kalwar
211. “She wrote love with her smile and magic with her eyes.” – Giovannie de Sadeleer
212. “I could really use someone else’s smile today.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
213. “I have many problems in life. But my lips don’t know that. They always smile.” – Charlie Chaplin
214. “Smiling face of every little girl is the signature of God’s presence.”
― Amit Ray
215. “Smiles are free, but they are worth a lot.” – Unknown
216. “People who don’t smile are not serious.”― Dhillon Lee MW
217. “Smiling is the best way to face any problem, to crush every fear and to hide every pain.” – Unknown
Smile quotes to live by
218. “When he smiles, it’s as if you’d just told him the first joke on earth.”
― Mitch Albom
219. “If I can see pain in your eyes, then share with me your tears. If I can see joy in your eyes, then share with me your smile.” – Santosh Kalwar
220. “You don’t have to be happy to smile.”― Daniel Willey
221. “Start every day with a smile and get it over with.” – W.C. Fields
222. “I silently smiled at my incessant good fortune.”― Henry David Thoreau
223. “Smile to the future, and it will smile back to you.” – Yoko Ono
224. “I would rather wear honest tears than the most beautiful and elaborately faked smile.”― Tyler Knott Gregson
225. “The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.” – Robert Bloch
226. “Smile is the beauty of the soul.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
227. “The smile that is worth the praises of earth is the smile that shines through tears.” – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Smile quotes to make your day happier
228. “Always remember to be happy because you never know who’s falling in love with your smile.” – Unknown
229. “Words of sincere felt in heart and trigger smile.”― Toba Beta
230. “I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine
231. “Love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.”
― James Dean
232. “And in her smile, I see something more beautiful than the stars.” – Unknown
233. “Smile like you never did before.”― Jennifer Aquillo
234. “With mirth and laughter, let old wrinkles come.” ― William Shakespeare
235. “The happy say yes. The successful say no. The peaceful do their duty. The wise smile.”
― Maxime Lagacé
236. “Withhold a smile only when the smile can hurt someone. Otherwise, let it bloom forth in a riot.”― Vera Nazarian
237. “The beauty of the soul is smile.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
More smile quotes and sayings
238. A smile is so sexy yet so warm. When someone genuinely smiles at you, it’s the greatest feeling in the world.” – Mandy Moore
239. “Life isn’t just about getting lemons out of it. An unexpected turn and a kind smile warms you up on the coldest of days.”― Sijdah Hussain
240. “I like outgoing girls with a lovely smile and beautiful eyes.” – Corbin Bleu
241. “Today, I will let my smile speak a thousand words.”― Purvi Raniga
242. “Her smile is like summer moonlight-beautiful and magical, with a fire that could melt the night.” – Ellen Hopkins
243. “Smile is an act of conquest! The person you smile at is immediately conquered, as if by an army of a thousand people!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
244. “If we couldn’t laugh, we would all go insane.” ― Robert Frost
245. “Smile is the sunshine of the soul.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
246. “I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips.”― Robert Jordan
247. “Lips are just a tool. People actually smile with their eyes.”― Kanika Saini
248. “Remember—when you smile for no apparent reason, people wonder what you’re up to.” – Maggie Davis-Jelly LCSW
249. “Smiles are pretty much universal – no matter your language or culture, a smile at its core means friendship, happiness, and ease.” – Elizabeth Dutton
250. “One of the best ways to overcome issues in your life is to keep smiling. When we lose our smile, everything looks bleak.” – Byron Pulsifer
251. “I was smiling yesterday, I am smiling today, and I will smile tomorrow. Simply because life is too short to cry for anything.” ― Santosh Kalwar
252. “When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.” – Unknown
Inspirational smile quotes
253. “I just want to make people smile.” – Julie Garwood
254. “I enjoy jokes, smiling, and making people smile.” – Tim Duncan
255. “If you cannot smile when you listen to music, then do not listen to it!” – Estelle
256. “A smile is a facelift that’s in everyone’s price range!” – Tom Wilson
257. “I never get tired of smiling. I’m just the kind of guy who likes to smile.” – Jason Ritter
258. “Don’t cry for a man who’s left you; the next one may fall for your smile.” – Mae West
259. “Sometimes people have to cry out their tears to make room for a heart full of smiles.” – Unknown
260. “We don’t always smile in every season, but when we do, majority of times, its because God is the reason.” – Unknown
261. “If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.” – Unknown
262. “There is fear when frowning. There is love when smiling.” – Maxime Lagacé
Smile quotes to help turn your frown upside down
263. “Colors are the smiles of nature.” — Leigh Hunt
264. “Children learn to smile from their parents.” — Shinichi Suzuki
265. “Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been.” — Jimmy Buffett
266. “The flower in the vase smiles, but no longer laughs.” — Malcolm de Chazal
277. “Laughter is regional: a smile extends over the whole face.” — Malcolm de Chazal
278. “Youth smiles without any reason. It is one of its chiefest charms.” — Thomas Gray
279. “Never a lip is curved with pain that can’t be kissed into smiles again.” — Bret Harte
280. “Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray.” — Lord Byron
281. “Remember, even though the outside world might be raining, if you keep on smiling, the sun will soon show its face and smile back at you.” — Anna Lee
282. “After every storm, the sun will smile; for every problem, there is a solution, and the soul’s indefeasible duty is to be of good cheer.” — William R. Alger
Beautiful smile quotes from movies
283. “There’s something interesting in that woman’s smile. I might learn to like her.” –Daddy Warbucks, “Annie”
284. “My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face. She told me I had a purpose: to bring laughter and joy to the world.” –Arthur Fleck, “Joker”
285. “When you smile, my world is alright.” –Orlando, “Diary of a Mad Black Woman
286. “His smile was one of those rare smiles that you may come across four or five times in life. It seemed to understand you and believe in you just as you would love to be understood and believed in.” –Nick Carraway, “The Great Gatsby”
287. “Make at least 20 people smile in a day…” –Queen of Naboo, “Star Wars: Episode III”
288. “Sometimes you smile because you’re happy. Other times, you smile just because you’ve survived. But hey, a smile is a smile.” –Donald, “Happy Campers”
289. “I’ll walk a million miles for one of your smiles.” –Jakie Rabinowitz, “The Jazz Singer”
290. “Next time you see me, will you do me a favor and smile?” –Kay Grant, “Blues in the Night”
291. “Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.” –Maximus, “Gladiator”
292. “Smiling’s my favorite.” –Buddy, “Elf”
Smile Quotes that will make You Smile
293. “Dare, dream, dance, smile, and sing loudly! And have faith that love is an unstoppable force!” – Suzanne Brockmann
294. “A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.” – Washington Irving
295. “You’ve got to S-M-I-L-E To be H-A-P-P-Y” – Shirley Temple Black
296. “Show me a smile, and I’ll show you one back.” – Vanilla Ice
297. “Smile. It instantly lifts the face, and it just lights up the room.” – Christie Brinkley
298. “People smile at me as if they know me. I just smile back. They probably might know me.” – Jim Broadbent
299. “Smile at a stranger. See what happens.” – Patti LuPone
300. “And then he gives me a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through me.” – Suzanne Collins
301. “As long as I am still interested and curious, I enjoy getting up in the morning, but I can’t say I have a happy smile on my face 24/7.” – Harriet Walter
302. “When you walk into a room, a healthy, beautiful smile is incredibly important.” – Susan Anton
Short & Funny Beautiful Smile Quotes
303. “An enigmatic smile is worth ten pages of dialog.” ― Connie Brockway
304. “A laugh is a smile out of control.” — Wyatt B. Pringle Jr
305. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” — John Lennon
306. “Her smile, I’m sure, burnt Rome to the ground.” ― Mark Z. Danielewski
307. “The face of a truly happy man seldom lacks smiles.” — Ogwo David Emenike
308. “Remember to smile.” — Nelson Mandela
309. “You’ve probably noticed how when someone says hello or smiles at you, your automatic reaction is to say hello or smile back.”— Shawn Achor
310. “Something of a person’s character may be observed by how they smile.” — Christian Nestell Bovee
311. “More can be taught with a single smile than with a whole year worth of lessons.” — Anthony T. Hincks
312. “How can you feel bad and smile simultaneously?” — Maxime Lagacé
Beautiful Smile Quotes For Instagram Captions
313. “Spend your life with people who make you smile, laugh, and feel loved.” — Roy T. Bennett
314. “Since a smile is a decision, why not make the choice?” — Lynn G.Robbins
315. “The most beautiful face is a face with a smile.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
316. “The simplest positive action is a smile.” — Maxime Lagace
317. “Even a smile is a good deed.” — Shari Arison
318. “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” — William Arthur Ward
319. “Be the reason someone smiles. Be the reason someone feels loved and believes in the goodness in people.” — Roy T. Bennett
320. “Everyone looks so much better when they smile.” — Jimmy Fallon
321. “Your wrinkles either show that you’re nasty, cranky, and senile, or that you’re always smiling.” — Carlos Santana
322. “Keep walking and keep smiling.” — Tiny Tim
Beautiful Smile Quotes To Brighten Your Mood
323. “Sometimes it’s just enough to smile sincerely.” — Michael Dolan
324. “I just want to spend the rest of my life with someone who makes me smile, laugh, feel special, and supports me.” — Taylor Swift
325. “I’ve always spent more time with a smile on my face than not, but the thing is, I don’t write about it.” — Robert Smith
326. “Smile. it’s the second best thing you can do with your lips.” — Jill Shalvis
327. “If you want to meet a woman, it’s best just to smile and say hi.” — Karen McDougal
328. “Find someone who makes you smile, because it only takes a smile to make a day better.” — Paulo Coelho
329. “I cannot imagine a Christian who does not know how to smile. May we joyfully witness to our faith.” — Pope Francis
330. “Smile…it makes people wonder what you’re up to.” — Jill Shalvis
331. “Be light. Smile. Drop. Learn the tendency to drop and smile and move through.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
332. “Peace beings with a smile.” — Mother Teresa
Beautiful Smile Quotes To Brighten Your Mood
333. “Smiling resets your mood.” ― Joel Osteen
334. “Whatever you see you gotta keep a sense of humor; you gotta be able to smile through all the bullshit.” ― Tupac Shakur
335. “Only a smile can make the tears disappear.” ― Mario
336. “A quick smile is more seductive than a slinky dress.” ― Mason Cooley
337. “I just sing the stuff that makes me smile, makes me feel like I didn’t sell myself out.” ― Patti LaBelle
338. “My mom smiled at me. Her smile kind of hugged me.” ― R. J. Palacio
339. “A genuine, affectionate smile is very important in our day-to-day lives.” ― Dalai Lama
340. “Go slowly, breathe and smile.” ― Nhat Hanh
341. “To win hearts, smile kindly on people’s weaknesses.” ― Mason Cooley
342. “A smile can heal a thousand wounds.” ― Art Smith
Beautiful Smile Quotes Full of Life
343. “There is no weapon in the feminine armory to which men are so vulnerable as they are to a smile.” — Dorothy Dix
344. “I made a circle with a smile for a mouth on yellow paper, because it was sunshiny and bright.” — Harvey Ball
345. “I suppose it’s easy to play a hypocritical politician with a smiling face; it’s also quite gratifying to play.” — Ian McDiarmid
346. “I see a lot of people who love their jobs. I see some garbage collectors smiling as they go about their work.” — Willie Stargell
347. “I have the feeling that we are in such a hurry that we do not have time to look at one another and smile.” — Mother Teresa
348. “Smile ….. Expand HappinesS.” — Enrique Rocha
349. “Her vivid smile was like a light held up to dazzle me.” — Edith Wharton
350. “Youth smiles without any reason. It is one of its chiefest charms.” — Thomas Gray
351. “A smile happens in a flash, but its memory can last a lifetime.” — Bertrand Russell
352. “They gave each other a smile with a future in it.” — Ring Lardner
Beautiful Smile Quotes To Make Your Day Brighter
353. “A good smile is magic pill that can make you feel good in every circumstances of life.” — M Kapoor
354. “The thing that goes the farthest towards making life worth while, that costs the least, and does the most, is just a pleasant smile.” — W.D. Nesbit
355. “Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A word of optimism and hope. And you can do it when things are tough.” — Richard M. DeVos
356. “When you smile at life, life smiles back at you. Remember, life is an echo. It always gets back to you.” — Eric Wei
357. “When you smile at life, half the smile is for your face; the other half for someone else’s.” — Mary M. Yoke
358. “Follow your heart and smile always.” — A.T. Haessly
359. “Allow yourself to smile just a tiny bit. Like revisiting a memory of happiness. Turn the corners of your mouth turn up a little and feel the muscles of your cheekbones slightly contracting.” — Jenny Clift
360. “You and only you are accountable for what you extend and give to others. One smile not only increases your value, but it gives joy to each person you meet.” — Byron Pulsifer
361. “When you smile from the heart, your eyes smile too.” — Deb Murarenko
362. “Did it ever occur to you that one of the most valuable assets in life is a smile.” — Caroline E. Dudley
Which of these beautiful smile quotes was your favorite?
Smiling can make you feel better, happier, and more positive almost in an instant.
Even if you were feeling sad before, smiling can lift your mood and help you see things in a more positive light.
When you smile and think positively about yourself, you can improve your self-confidence.
And when you smile at someone, you can make a huge difference in their day.
Hopefully, the above smile quotes have inspired you to smile more so you can brighten your life and the world around you.
Did you enjoy these quotes about smiling?
Which of these beautiful smile quotes and sayings was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
November 28, 2022 5:00 AM EST