Mark Zuckerberg Quotes to Inspire You Towards Success
November 21, 2019 7:00 AM EST
If you need a little inspiration to go after your goals and succeed, these Mark Zuckerberg Quotes will help get you started.
It’s impossible to deny that Mark Zuckerberg is successful.
From his dorm room, he was part of creating the most successful social media platform to this day.
And, with a net worth of over $73 billion, it’s safe to say that we can all learn something about success from him.
Regardless of what your goals are, the quotes below will help motivate you to take action.
But if you desire to grow and succeed at business, you will find a wealth of wisdom below.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Mark Zuckerberg Quotes on TakingAction
1. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk… In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” – Mark Zuckerberg
2. “Unless you are breaking stuff, you are not moving fast enough.” – Mark Zuckerberg
3. “I think a simple rule of business is, if you do the things that are easier first, then you can actually make a lot of progress.” – Mark Zuckerberg
4. “A lot of people are focused on taking over the world or doing the biggest thing and getting the most users. I think part of making a difference and doing something cool is focusing intensely.” – Mark Zuckerberg
5. “People don’t care about what someone says about you in a movie – or even what you say, right? They care about what you build. And if you can make something that makes people’s life better, then that’s something that’s really good.” – Mark Zuckerberg
6. “Move fast with stable infrastructure.” – Mark Zuckerberg
7. “The question I ask myself like almost every day is, ‘Am I doing the most important thing I could be doing?’” – Mark Zuckerberg
8. “If you just work on stuff that you like and you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out.” – Mark Zuckerberg
9. “Don’t let people deter you. That’s how you do it.” – Mark Zuckerberg
10. “You are better off trying something and having it not work and learning from that than not doing anything at all.” – Mark Zuckerberg
MarkZuckerberg Quotes on Innovation
11. “There are different ways to do innovation. You can plant a lot of seeds, not be committed to any particular one of them, but just see what grows. And this really isn’t how we’ve approached this. We go mission-first, then focus on the pieces we need and go deep on them and be committed to them.” – Mark Zuckerberg
12. “By giving people the power to share, we’re making the world more transparent.” – Mark Zuckerberg
13. “I got my first computer in the 6th grade or so. As soon as I got it, I was interested in finding out how it worked and how the programs worked and then figuring out how to write programs at just deeper and deeper levels within the system.”– Mark Zuckerberg
14. “In addition to building better products, a more open world will also encourage businesses to engage with their customers directly and authentically. More than four million businesses have Pages of Facebook that they use to have a dialogue with their customers. We expect this trend to grow as well.” – Mark Zuckerberg
15. “People think innovation is just having a good idea but a lot of it is just moving quickly and trying a lot of things.” – Mark Zuckerberg
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of innovation quotes that will inspire you to find new successes by trying new things.
16. “I’m here to build something for the long-term. Anything else is a distraction.” – Mark Zuckerberg
MarkZuckerberg Quotes on Leadership
17. “When you give everyone a voice and give people power, the system usually ends up in a really good place. So, what we view our role as, is giving people that power.” – Mark Zuckerberg
18. “If you’re always under the pressure of real identity, I think that is somewhat of a burden.” – Mark Zuckerberg
19. “I think that people just have this core desire to express who they are. And I think that’s always existed.” – Mark Zuckerberg
20. “Don’t let anyone tell you to change who you are.” – Mark Zuckerberg
21. “Our society needs more heroes who are scientists, researchers, and engineers. We need to celebrate and reward the people who cure diseases, expand our understanding of humanity and work to improve people’s lives.” – Mark Zuckerberg
MarkZuckerberg Quotes on Business
22. “Founding a company is hard. Most of it isn’t smooth. You’ll have to make very hard decisions. You have to fire a few people. Therefore, if you don’t believe in your mission, giving up is easy. The majority of founders give up. But the best founders don’t give up.” – Mark Zuckerberg
23. “The companies that work are the ones that people really care about and have a vision for the world so do something you like.” – Mark Zuckerberg
24. “Building a mission and building a business go hand-in-hand.” – Mark Zuckerberg
25. “I made so many mistakes in running the company so far, basically any mistake you can think of I probably made. I think, if anything, the Facebook story is a great example of how if you’re building a product that people love you can make a lot of mistakes.” – Mark Zuckerberg
26. “Simply put: we don’t build services to make money; we make money to build better services.” – Mark Zuckerberg
27. “My goal was never to just create a company. A lot of people misinterpret that, as if I don’t care about revenue or profit or any of those things. But what not being just a company means to me is not being just that – building something that actually makes a really big change in the world.” – Mark Zuckerberg
28. “I always kind of see how I want things to be better, and I’m generally not happy with how things are or the level of service that we’re providing for people or the quality of the teams that we built. But if you look at this objectively, we’re doing so well on so many of these things. I think it’s important to have gratitude for that.” – Mark Zuckerberg
29. “The real story of Facebook is just that we’ve worked so hard for all this time. I mean, the real story is actually probably pretty boring, right? I mean, we just sat at our computers for six years and coded.” – Mark Zuckerberg
30. “When most people ask about a business growing, what they really mean is growing revenue, not just growing the number of people using a service. Traditional businesses would view people using your service that you don’t make money from as a cost.” – Mark Zuckerberg
31. “I feel that the best companies are started not because the founder wanted a company but because the founder wanted to change the world… If you decide you want to found a company, you maybe start to develop your first idea. And hire lots of workers.” – Mark Zuckerberg
32. “So many businesses get worried about looking like they might make a mistake, they become afraid to take any risk. Companies are set up so that people judge each other on failure.” – Mark Zuckerberg
33. “Entrepreneurship is about creating change, not just companies.” – Mark Zuckerberg
MarkZuckerberg Quotes on Success
34. “In terms of doing work and in terms of learning and evolving as a person, you just grow more when you get more people’s perspectives… I really try and live the mission of the company and… keep everything else in my life extremely simple.” – Mark Zuckerberg
35. “You get a reputation for stability if you are stable for years.” – Mark Zuckerberg
36. “People can be really smart or have skills that are directly applicable, but if they don’t really believe in it, then they are not going to really work hard.” – Mark Zuckerberg
37. “Find that thing you are super passionate about.” – Mark Zuckerberg
38. “It takes courage to choose hope over fear.” – Mark Zuckerberg
39. “This is a perverse thing, personally, but I would rather be in a cycle where people are underestimating us. It gives us latitude to go out and make big bets that excite and amaze people.” – Mark Zuckerberg
40. “Whatever you build, build with care. Anyone who has built something big, has done it with care.” – Mark Zuckerberg
41. “Nothing influences people more than a recommendation from a trusted friend.” – Mark Zuckerberg
42. “Some people dream of success…while others wake up and work hard at it.” – Mark Zuckerberg
43. “Instead of building walls, we can help build bridges.” – Mark Zuckerberg
44. “I’m here to tell you finding your purpose isn’t enough. The challenge for our generation is creating a world where everyone has a sense of purpose.” – Mark Zuckerberg
MarkZuckerberg Quotes on Learning
45. “Books allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today.” – Mark Zuckerberg
46. “My number one piece of advice is: you should learn how to program.” – Mark Zuckerberg
47. “It is important for young entrepreneurs to be adequately self-aware to know what they do not know.” – Mark Zuckerberg
48. “The Hacker Way is an approach to building that involves continuous improvement and iteration. Hackers believe that something can always be better, and that nothing is ever complete.” – Mark Zuckerberg
49. “The most important thing that entrepreneurs should do is pick something they care about, work on it, but don’t actually commit to turning it into a company until it actually works.” – Mark Zuckerberg
50. “I think the internet is really good in general because it helps people get access to more information.” – Mark Zuckerberg
51. “Don’t discount yourself, no matter what you’re doing. Everyone has a unique perspective that they can bring to the world.” – Mark Zuckerberg
52. “When you want to change things, you can’t please everyone. If you do please everyone, you aren’t making enough progress.” – Mark Zuckerberg
53. “If we want to have the biggest impact, the best way to do this is to make sure we always focus on solving the most important problems.” – Mark Zuckerberg
54. “Don’t discount yourself, no matter what you’re doing.” – Mark Zuckerberg
55. “Our goal is to make it so there’s as little friction as possible to having a social experience.” – Mark Zuckerberg
Which of these Mark Zuckerberg quotes resonated with you best?
Now that you’re inspired and fired up to succeed, it’s time to think about where you’re going to direct that energy.
Whether it’s growing your business, changing jobs to follow your passion, or getting your home-life under control, you can do it!
Many of the principles above, even if they sound like business advice, can be applied to other areas of life as well.
Hard work and innovation can transform your experience in your career and the way that you interact with others in your life.
Maybe you won’t ever top the list of those with the highest net-worth, but maybe you could.
Either way, choose your favorite quotes to help keep you moving towards your goals.
Which of these Mark Zuckerberg quotes resonated with you best?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.