Looking for achievement quotes to guide you on your journey towards success?
When we aim to achieve, everyone’s path is unique. We want to help inspire you to become the very best version of yourself and give you the motivational words to do it! Let’s help raise you up on your journey.
Here is our latest collection of success quotes to help you develop the mindset and vision to live your best life!
How successful do you want to be? Where do you want to be in the next 5, 10, 15 years?
Life can be short, but it’s also long enough for us to make great things happen.
Success comes down to our attitude, effort, and focus.
If you want to be successful, it’s vital that you study other successful people.
That’s why we have provided these inspirational achievement quotes from some of the most thriving people the world has ever known.
Achievement quotes can inspire us to push past our limits, challenge our beliefs, and inspire us to emulate the greats in history.
Realize your dreams and biggest goals by developing the psychology of a winner.
These goals quotes and sayings are the mental food of winners and the language of champions!
These words are meant for you! Let these achievement quotes inspire you to become great at whatever you choose to do.
Don’t forget to also read our collection of excellence quotes that will motivate you towards a path of success.
Inspirational achievement quotes about success and greatness
1. “If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission.” – Unknown
2. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” – John Wooden
3. “To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.” – Unknown
4. “If you are not willing to risk the usual you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
5. “Trust because you are willing to accept the risk, not because it’s safe or certain.” – Unknown
6. “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly.” – Proverb
7. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
8. “Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them.” – Unknown
9. “If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got.” – Unknown
10. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also love our collection of the best senior year quotes for graduation and the yearbook.
The best achievement quotes for work and life
11. “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.” – Swami Vivekananda
12. “Successful entrepreneurs are givers and not takers of positive energy.” – Unknown
13. “Whenever you see a successful person you only see the public glories, never the private sacrifices to reach them.” – Vaibhav Shah
14. “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” – Chris Grosser
15. “Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.” – Albert Einstein
16. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of mindset quotes that will help take you where you want to go in life.
17. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
18. “If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents – start charging for it.” – Kim Garst
19. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
20. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Don’t forget to also check out these priority quotes that will help you clarify what’s important to you in your life.
Famous achievement quotes and sayings to inspire you
21. “The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.” – Henry Ford
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes that will brighten your day.
22. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
23. “The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do.”
24. “Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument.”
25. “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” – Oscar Wilde
26. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.”
27. “The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.” – Bruce Feirstein
28. “When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you.” – Lolly Daskal
29. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
30. “No masterpiece was ever created by a lazy artist.”
You might also like these powerful legacy quotes that will inspire you to start making your mark on the world today.
Powerful quotes about achievement, success, and love
31. “Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
32. “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” – Albert Einstein
33. “Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.”
34. “Do one thing every day that scares you.”
For additional reading, be sure to also check out these good man quotes that will inspire you to do your best.
35. “What’s the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable.”
36. “Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
37. “Nothing in the world is more common than unsuccessful people with talent.”
38. “Knowledge is being aware of what you can do. Wisdom is knowing when not to do it.”
39. “Your problem isn’t the problem. Your reaction is the problem.”
40. “You can do anything, but not everything.”
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love our collection of Monday motivation quotes to start your week off on the right track.
Achievement quotes to help you reach your highest potential
41. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
42. “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” – Ray Goforth
43. “Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life.” – Dr. APJ Kalam
44. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
45. “The starting point of all achievement is desire.” – Napoleon Hill
46. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.” – Robert Collier
47. “If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work.” – Thomas J. Watson
48. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak
49. “You may only succeed if you desire succeeding; you may only fail if you do not mind failing.” – Philippos
50. “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
Don’t forget to also check out these Macbeth quotes about power and ambition.
Remarkable achievement quotes and sayings to help you reach your goals
51. “Achievement is not about ‘doing something.’ Rather, it’s about ‘being someone.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough
52. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”– Will Rogers
53. “It is little keys that open up big doors.” – On small steps leading to great achievements”― Lamine Pearlheart
54. “Mistakes are the foundation of achievement.”― Steven Magee
55. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act but also dream. Not only plan but also believe.” – Anatole France
56. “There can be no real achievement without any struggle!”― Avijeet Das
57. “As for accomplishments, I just did what I had to do as things came along.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
58. “Getting something done is an accomplishment; getting something done right is an achievement.”― Anonymous
59. “If you keep working at it, if you keep moving forward, you will achieve what you want.”― Leigh Shulman
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of keep pushing quotes about moving forward.
60. “To achieve something that you have never achieved before, you must become someone that you have never been before.”― Les Brown
61. “If you go out without a plan, you will return home without any achievement.”― Awolumate Samuel
62. “A man’s accomplishments in life are the cumulative effect of his attention to detail.” – John Foster Dulles
63. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
64. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn
65. “The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” – Jimmy Johnson
66. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
Make sure to also check out our collection of inspirational sports quotes about working towards your full potential.
Other motivational achievement quotes
67. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
68. “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” – Harry S. Truman
69. “Don’t mistake activity with achievement.” – John Wooden
70. “To accomplish great things we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” – Anatole France
71. “Today’s accomplishments were yesterday’s impossibilities.” – Robert H. Schuller
72. “The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.” – Vince Lombardi
73. “You are the greatest achievement of your own life.” – Sarah Rees Brennan
74. “Every achievement is a servitude. It compels us to a higher achievement.” – Albert Camus
75. “Great achievement requires personal force, determined spirit and self-confidence.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
Don’t forget to also check out these graduation quotes from famous films about success.
Achievement quotes to help you feel proud of chasing your dreams
76. “Great achievers are driven, not so much by the pursuit of success but by the fear of failure.” – Larry Ellison
77. “Success comes from going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
78. “Spectacular achievement is always preceded by unspectacular preparation.” — Robert H. Schuller
79. “Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
80. “Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.” — Napoleon Hill
81. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” — Helen Keller
82. “Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success.” — C. S. Lewis
83. “There is no shortcut to achievement. Life requires thorough preparation – veneer isn’t worth anything.” — George Washington Carver
84. “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” — Benjamin Franklin
85. “Success is a ladder that cannot be climbed with your hands in your pocket.” – Mark Caine
Achievement quotes to start your day off determined
86. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” -Paulo Coelho
87. “You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.” -Roy T. Bennett
88. “Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton
89. “Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.” – Albert Einstein
90. “Greatness is the born of ordinary men who decided to work extraordinarily hard.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
91. “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.” – Horace Mann
92. “Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It’s not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it’s a day you’ve had everything to do and you’ve done it.” – Margaret Thatcher
93. “Find a purpose to serve, not a lifestyle to live.” – Criss Jami
94. “When your desires are strong enough, you will appear to possess superhuman powers to achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
95. “What the mind can conceive and believe, and the heart desire, you can achieve.” – Norman Vincent Peale
Achievement quotes that show it’s about self-discipline
96. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any other one thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
97. “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” –Winston S. Churchill
98. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” –Henry David Thoreau
99. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.” –Steve Jobs
100. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” –Colin Powell
101. “All successes begin with self-discipline. It starts with you.” –Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
102. “The secret of success is to do the common thing uncommonly well.” –John D. Rockefeller Jr.
103. “Success doesn’t just happen. You have to be intentional about it, and that takes discipline.” –John C. Maxwell
104. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” –Og Mandino
105. “The path to success is to take massive determined action.” –Tony Robbins
Thought-provoking achievement quotes
106. “People who achieve their goals do so with passion, planning, persistence and purpose.” – Lynda Field
107. “Achievement results from work realizing ambition.” – Adam Ant
108. “Every great achievement is but a small peak in the mountain range of contributions.” – Dale T. Mortensen
109. “Great players are willing to give up their own personal achievement for the achievement of the group. It enhances everybody.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
110. “Don’t confuse honours with achievement.” – Zadie Smith
111. “Dissatisfaction with possession and achievement is one of the requisites to further achievement.” – John Hope
112. “Contentment does not come from achievement. It comes from a relationship with the Lord.” – Paul Henderson
113. “I don’t think individual achievement in business is the most meaningful way for it to operate.” – Michael Eisner
114. “I need to learn to be happy and enjoy the achievement rather than already thinking about what I could have done better.” – Lizzie Armitstead
115. “It would be nice if we could all agree to this proposition: popularity is not the same as achievement.” – Howard Jacobson
We hope you enjoyed these awesome achievement quotes!
It’s not easy to believe in your dreams. But with perseverance, time, and the right people beside you, nothing’s impossible. Not to folks who believe.
Remember it is okay to proud of the hard work you put into reaching your goals. Achievements are something that should be celebrated.
Your turn: what are your favorite achievement quotes? Tell us in the comment section below!
May 4, 2022 2:00 AM EST