Are you struggling to persevere in your daily life and need a quick boost?
This collection of you are strong quotes will remind you how powerful you really are.
Who’s the strongest person you know?
Strength doesn’t have to equate to climbing seemingly insurmountable obstacles.
Just choosing to get up in the morning and tackle the day takes an endless amount of strength and courage.
Reading inspirational quotes, like the ones listed below, is a great way to squeeze some self-care into your routine.
Putting time into your self-care, whether it is ten minutes or an hour, can help you boost your mood and improve your focus.
Enjoy the inspirational quotes below!
Don’t forget to also read these body positive quotes to promote self-love
Motivational you are strong quotes
1. “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
2. “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.” – Robert Tew
3. “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – Francis of Assisi
4. “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.” – Fred DeVito
5. “Flowers grow back even after the harshest winters. You will too.” – Jennae Cecilia
6. “It’s okay to be a glowstick: Sometimes we have to break before we shine.” – Jadah Sellner
7. “It takes nothing to join the crowd. It takes everything to stand alone.” – Hans F. Hansen
8. “Stop being afraid of what can go wrong and start being positive about what can go right.” – Unknown
9. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
10. “Kites rise highest against the wind – not with it.” – Winston Churchill
11. “Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.” – Norman Vincent Peale
12. “What is to give light must endure burning.” – Anton Wildgans
13. “It takes courage to know when you ought to be afraid.” – James A. Michener
14. “If you are fearful, choose courage. If you frequently procrastinate, choose to take action now. If you have always waited for others to lead, use your own initiative.” – Paul J. Meyer
15. “Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.” – Nicki Minaj
You are strong quotes about strength
16. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
17. “We acquire the strength we have overcome.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.” – Audre Lorde
19. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” – Ann Landers
20. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” – Oprah Winfrey
21. “If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.” – Mohandas K. Gandhi
You are strong quotes about the mind and inner strength
22. “Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health.” – Dalai Lama
23. “You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength, and say, ‘I’m proud of what I am and who I am, and I’m just going to be myself.’” – Mariah Carey
24. “A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe.” – Wayne Dyer
25. “You can’t calm the storm, so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass.” – Timber Hawkeye
26. “Strength is not when the body is strong and the mind weak, but rather when the body is weak and the mind strong.” – Unknown
27. “Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.” – Tyrion Lannister
28. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
You are strong quotes about courage
29. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” – Maya Angelou
30. “Courage is a special kind of knowledge: the knowledge of how to fear what ought to be feared and how not to fear what ought not to be feared.” – David Ben-Gurion
31. “It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
32. “Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
33. “Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves, even when we risk disappointing others.” – Brene Brown
34. “You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
35. “It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.” – Erma Bombeck
36. “Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed.” – Dale Carnegie
37. “You will find as you grow older that courage is the rarest of all qualities to be found in public life.” – Benjamin Disraeli
38. “Courage is not always about action. It takes courage to do nothing rather than do something that you do not believe in or understand.” – Suze Orman
You are strong quotes about dealing with hard times
39. “It’s always tough when you lose – you’ve worked so hard for that moment and it hasn’t gone the way you wanted. But you have to realise there’s always a bright side, you have to pick yourself up and get ready for the next game.” – Maria Sharapova
40. “You’ve got to get to the stage in life where going for it is more important than winning or losing.” – Arthur Ashe
41. “A darkening hour is as much an opportunity for heroism as despair.” – The Stoic Emperor
42. “Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory.” – William Barclay
43. “Mistakes are inevitable. How you handle the cleanup will always be your choice.” – Britt Powers
44. “For a tree to become tall it must grow tough roots among the rocks.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
45. “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” – Kay Yow
46. “Sometimes your disappointments make you a stronger person for the future.” – Blanka Vlasic
47. “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” – Lao Tzu
48. “When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways – either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, or by using the challenge to find our inner strength.” – Dalai Lama
49. “Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.” – Albert Einstein
50. “Life is, at times, tough. And all we need to do is to prove that we are tougher than it.” – Sanhita Baruah
Other inspirational “you are strong” quotes
51. “True strength is knowing that you don’t have to be strong every single second of the day.” – Mandy Hale
52. “Strong people have a strong sense of self-worth and self-awareness; they don’t need the approval of others.” – Roy T. Bennett
53. “The strongest people find the courage and caring to help others, even if they are going through their own storm.” – Roy T. Bennett
54. “If you build the guts to do something, anything, then you better save enough to face the consequences.” – Criss Jami
55. “Every challenge you face today makes you stronger tomorrow. The challenge of life is intended to make you better, not bitter.” – Roy T. Bennett
56. “Strong people don’t put others down… They lift them up.” – Michael P. Watson
57. “Let your life reflect the faith you have in God. Fear nothing and pray about everything. Be strong, trust God’s word, and trust the process.” – Germany Kent
58. “Don’t give up when dark times come. The more storms you face in life, the stronger you’ll be. Hold on. Your greater is coming.” – Germany Kent
59. “A strong gives forgiveness but weak gives permission.” – Santosh Kalwar
60. “The strong forgive after speaking out.” – Steven Magee
You are strong quotes when you need to be brave
61. “A brave man acknowledges the strength of others.” — Veronica Roth
62. “We need women who are so strong they can be gentle, so educated they can be humble, so fierce they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be rational, and so disciplined they can be free.” — Kavita Ramdas
63. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” — Kahlil Gibran
64. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
65. “And one has to understand that braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear.” — Paulo Coelho
66. “We are stronger, gentler, more resilient, and more beautiful than any of us imagine.” —Mark Nepo
67. “When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.” — Peter Marshall
68. “There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.” — Jane Austen
69. “We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it is not as dreadful as it appeared, discovering we have the strength to stare it down.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
70. “We don’t even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward.” — Isabel Allende
You Are Strong Quotes To Overcome Tough Times In Life
71. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” — Ernest Hemingway
72. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong.” — Audrey Hepburn
73. “You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.” — Ain Eineziz
74. “You are responsible for radicalizing your strengths.” — Sara Genn
75. “You’ve got to stay strong to be strong in tough times.” — Tilman J Fertitta
76. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” — Mahatma Gandhi
77. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.” — Hermann Hesse
78. “Smile and let everyone know that today, you’re a lot stronger than you were yesterday.” — Drake
79. “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” — Sarah Dessen
80. Being both soft and strong is a combination very few have mastered.” — Yasmin Mogahed
When’s the last time you did something courageous?
Courage isn’t about the absence of fear.
It’s about doing what scares you despite being fearful.
If you don’t feel strong at the moment, consider doing one small act of bravery each day.
Bravery could look like calling or texting a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while.
It could look like committing an afternoon to learning a new skill.
It all depends on the person.
Celebrate these acts of bravery as you accomplish them.
They showcase your strength and may inspire those around you to be courageous in their own life.
Which these you are strong quotes and sayings are you planning on sharing?
What type of quotes should we feature next?
Let us know below!
September 14, 2022 5:00 AM EST