These innovation quotes will inspire you to find new successes by trying new things.
In our technology-driven world, it seems like the word innovation is thrown around all the time. When you read the word innovation in the news, you could expect something as minor as a way to make a smartphone a couple of milligrams lighter, or it could mean a medical breakthrough that could save countless lives.
How can you create new innovations?
The best inventors and innovators of the past seem to agree that being willing to try new things and risk failure are the most important values when you want to achieve greatness. Often, you may not know why you are trying something new or what its value will be until much later.
If you want to be an innovator, you can’t be afraid of the unknown. By browsing the quotes below, you can build up the courage and patience you’ll need for true innovation.
Don’t forget to also check out these achievement quotes to motivate you for massive success.
Innovation Quotes About the Value of Creativity
1.) “Innovation is the specific instrument of entrepreneurship. The act that endows resources with a new capacity to create wealth.” – Peter Drucker
2.) “With any advent in technology, any technological innovation, there is the good and the bad.” – Henry Rollins
3.) “Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse.” – Winston Churchill
4.) “You have all the reason in the world to achieve your grandest dreams. Imagination plus innovation equals realization.” – Denis Waitley
5.) “Human societies vary in lots of independent factors affecting their openness to innovation.” – Jared Diamond
6.) “Innovation accelerates and compounds. Each point in front of you is bigger than anything that ever happened.” – Marc Andreessen
7.) “Innovation is the unrelenting drive to break the status quo and develop anew where few have dared to go.” – Steven Jeffes
8.) “Creativity is thinking up new things. Innovation is doing new things.” – Theodore Levitt
Also, read these thoughtful memory quotes that will motivate you to create new and wonderful memories every day.
Innovation Quotes About Leadership
10.) “Innovation is serendipity, so you don’t know what people will make.” – Tim Berners-Lee
11.) “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
12.) “If I had to pick my greatest strength as a football coach, I say it would be innovation.” – Tom Landry
13.) “The heart and soul of the company is creativity and innovation.” – Bob Iger
14.) “If you look at history, innovation doesn’t come just from giving people incentives; it comes from creating environments where their ideas can connect.” – Steven Johnson
15.) “Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.” – George Patton
16.) “Innovation is critical to the heartbeat of any successful corporation in the industrialized world.” – Dinesh Paliwal
17.) “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw
18.) “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Alan Kay
19.) “I skate to where the puck is going, not where it has been.” – Wayne Gretzky
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Wayne Gretzky quotes that transcend hockey.
20.) “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” – Andy Warhol
21.) “If I had asked the public what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse.” – Henry Ford
22.) “Be an innovator, not an imitator.” – Audrey Carballo
Innovation Quotes About Taking Risks
23.) “There is no innovation and creativity without failure. Period.” – Brené Brown
24.) “Innovation requires an experimental mindset.” – Denise Morrison
25.) “You can’t allow tradition to get in the way of innovation. There’s a need to respect the past, but it’s a mistake to revere your past.” – Bob Iger
26.) “Without trust, the most essential element of innovation – conflict – becomes impossible.” – Patrick Lencioni
27.) “Innovation is so hard and so frustrating; it takes the intersections of people with courage, vision, and resources.” – Dean Kamen
28.) “Innovation- any new idea- by definition will not be accepted at first. It takes repeated attempts, endless demonstrations, monotonous rehearsals before innovation can be accepted and internalized by an organization. This requires courageous patience.” – Warren Bennis
29.) “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
30.) “If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” – Albert Einstein
31.) “If you’re not failing every now and again, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative.” – Woody Allen
32.) “A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.” – William Shedd
33.) “If I have a thousand ideas and only one turns out to be good, I am satisfied.” – Alfred Nobel
34.) “I believe you have to be willing to be misunderstood if you’re going to innovate.” – Jeff Bezos
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these empowering collaboration quotes on teamwork & success.
Innovation Quotes on How it Happens
35.) “Predicting innovation is something of a self-canceling exercise: the most probable innovations are probably the least innovative.” – P. J. O’Rourke
36.) “There’s a way to do it better. Find it.” – Thomas Edison
37.) “I think frugality drives innovation, just like other constraints do. One of the only ways to get out of a tight box is to invent your way out.” – Jeff Bezos
38.) “Young people are the entrepreneurs of the future, and we should be looking to them as one of our sources of innovation for the high streets of tomorrow.” – Theo Paphitis
39.) “Whatever has happened in my quest for innovation has been part of my quest for immaculate reality.” – George Lucas
40.) “Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow.” – William Pollard
41.) “Innovation comes from, one, acknowledging yourself; two, studying and understanding the problem; and three, finding a solution.” – Marley Dias
42.) “Surprise drives progress because innovation depends on the sort of knowledge no one can gather in a central place.” – Virginia Postrel
43.) “Art begins in imitation and ends in innovation.” – Mason Cooley
44.) “Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.” – John Steinbeck
45.) “A dream will not become an innovation if there is no realization.” – Ciputra
46.) “There’s nothing efficient about innovation.” – Simon Sinek
47.) “Innovation is taking two things that exist and putting them together in a new way.” – Tom Freston
48.) “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” – Thomas Edison
49.) “What is the calculus of innovation? The calculus of innovation is really quite simple: Knowledge drives innovation, innovation drives productivity, productivity drives economic growth.” – William Brody
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out our collection of encouraging quotes to help keep you going.
Innovation quotes about change
50). “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
51.) “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
52.) “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
53.) “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
54.) “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
55.) “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” – Buckminster Fuller
56.) “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
57.) “When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills.” – Unknown
58.) “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
59.) “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” – Mother Teresa
60.) “Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
Don’t forget to also check out these hustle quotes to help you get things done.
More innovation quotes and sayings
61. “Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change.” – Brene Brown
62. “Innovation is an evolutionary process, so it’s not necessary to be radical all the time.” – Marc Jacobs
63. “Do not get obsolete like an old technology, keep innovating yourself.” – Sukant Ratnakar
64. “The paradox of innovation is that it is accepted as an innovation when it has become imitation.” – Piero Scaruffi
65. “Where all think alike there is little danger of innovation.” – Edward Abbey
66. “Innovation does not come from grades, it is result of craziness and hard work!” – Atlas Gondal
67. “Innovation journey is like taking a hiking trip at the trail very few or even no people ever went before, it takes courage and emotional maturity.” – Pearl Zhu
68. “Continue to fight until you win.” – Sanjeev Sharma
69. “If you want innovation, and you should always, you should give permission to fail.” – Robert Iger
70. “Innovation is progress when it improves the human experience in the whole.” – Andrea Benoni
Innovation Quotes From Famous People
71. “Innovation is the ability to see change as an opportunity – not a threat” — Steve Jobs
72. “If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old” — Peter Drucker
73. “What is now proved was once only imagined.” — William Blake
74. “Innovation is the creation of the new or the re-arranging of the old in a new way” — Mike Vance
75. “The greatest invention in the world is the mind of a child.” — Thomas A. Edison
76. “Business has only two basic functions – marketing and innovation.” — Peter Drucker
77. “I can’t understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I’m frightened of the old ones.” — John Cage
78. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.” — Steve Jobs
79. “Never before in history has innovation offered the promise of so much to so many in so short a time.” — Bill Gates
80. “The enterprise that does not innovate ages and declines. And in a period of rapid change such as the present, the decline will be fast.” — Peter Drucker
Innovation Quotes To Encourage Creativity
81. “To stay ahead in innovation, look at horizontal industries and the ones leading your current industry, someone is always doing something new.“ — Jeff Butler
82. “Innovation is progress in the face of tradition.“ — Divad
83. “Most innovation involves doing the things we do every day a little bit better rather than creating something completely new and different.“ – Darin
84. “Innovation comes from saying NO to 1000 things.“ – Steve Jobs
85. “Innovation survives only when people believe in their own ideas.“ – Levo League
86. “When looking to innovate—fail forward. Innovation can be a chaotic process, embrace it and learn from your failures.“ – Luke Wester
87. “Innovation is more likely to come from a person who sits down and does the same thing every single day until they become an expert than from a person who sits down once because they feel inspired.“ – Stacy Caprio
88. “Modern society is built upon two things: truth, which is discovered, and innovation, which is created.“ – True Tamplin
89. “Organizations, by their very nature are designed to promote order and routine. They are inhospitable environments for innovation.” – T. Levitt.
90. “What we’ve done to encourage innovation is make it ordinary.” – C. Wynett
Why is innovation important in your life?
Innovation is responsible for all the technologies that we rely on every day, like the wheel, electricity, antibiotics, and much more. What would we do without these concepts?
Innovation is also crucial to social change. For example, Martin Luther King, Jr. was the head of an innovative movement of nonviolent resistance to racism. Innovation has shaped the world we live in. But you can also innovate new ways to help you live your daily life, or to advance your work, studies, art, or other successes.
Perhaps you will innovate for social justice or science, or you’ll find a new philosophy to carry you through your day-to-day struggles. However you choose to innovate, you can always find new successes by trying new things.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these motivational innovation quotes? Do you have any other thoughtful quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
May 4, 2022 6:00 AM EST