These Narcos quotes give you a deep dive into the life of a cartel leader.
Narcos is a very popular Netflix series centered on the life story of drug-kingpin, Pablo Escobar, who made billions of fortune by mass-producing cocaine and exporting it to U.S. consumers.
You may also enjoy our article on:
The show made it hard to hate Escobar since it basically humanized him and brought reasons to his violent actions.
Narcos accurately portrayed how money can make you ruler of your world.
Escobar had all the power in his hands and people in his pocket.
These Narcos quotes will make you realize how much power drug cartels have and how much they can influence your lives directly or indirectly.
Don’t forget to also check out these Breaking Bad quotes from the hit TV show.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Narcos quotes by Pablo Escobar
1. “Geniuses are always branded as crazy.” — Pablo Escobar
2. “Lies are necessary when the truth is too difficult to believe.” — Pablo Escobar
3. “I’ll never surrender.” — Pablo Escobar
4. “There is no business like blow business.” — Pablo Escobar
5. “They may separate us, but they’ll never be able to destroy us.” — Pablo Escobar
6. “I don’t want to be good. I am going to be great.” — Pablo Escobar
7. “I am not a rich person. I am a poor person with money.” — Pablo Escobar
8. “To have power does not mean that one can abuse the poor.” — Pablo Escobar
9. “Lies are necessary, when the truth is too difficult to believe.” — Pablo Escobar
10. “The purpose of war is peace.” — Pablo Escobar
11. “There’s cash buried everywhere. The guerillas, the paramilitary, the narcos… Everybody’s burying cash.” — Pablo Escobar
12. “There is a time to fight and there is a time to be clever.” — Pablo Escobar
13. “Silver or lead. You decide.” — Pablo Escobar
14. “I’ll die before I ever leave Colombia again.” — Pablo Escobar
15. “I turned myself in to that punk, the vice minister of justice. But since there is no justice in this country, he is the vice minister of nothing.” — Pablo Escobar
16. “We have to create a presence so disruptive they’ll want nothing but peace.” — Pablo Escobar
17. “I would like to die on my own two feet. In the year 3047.” — Pablo Escobar
18. “The men of always aren’t interested in the children of never.” — Pablo Escobar
19. “No one wants war, Carlito. Especially when they know they would lose.” — Pablo Escobar
20. “There is nothing lower than a rat. And if we let the rats run free, the streets will be filled with them.” — Pablo Escobar
21. “I am Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria. My eyes are everywhere. That means you guys can’t move a finger in all of Antioquia without me knowing about it. Do you understand? Not a finger. One day, I’m going to be president of the Republic of Colombia. So look, I make deals for a living. Now, you can stay calm and accept my deal, or accept the consequences.” — Pablo Escobar
22. “This is my city, Limón. These are my people. Medellín will never betray me.” — Pablo Escobar
Narcos quotes by Javier Pena
23. “Everybody works for somebody.” — Javier Pena
24. “But sometimes even the best get unlucky.” — Javier Pena
25. “Sometimes you have to put on a little show, helps bring the best out of people.” — Javier Pena
Narcos Quotes By Steve Murphy
25. “If you make it to the top… it means you’ve killed your enemies. And sometimes, your partners.” — Steve Murphy
26. “The hippies had been replaced by Colombians, and these guys didn’t wear flip-flops.” — Steve Murphy
27. “Just like that, an honest man blinked.” — Steve Murphy
28. “Despite his threats, many brave men defied him. And, true to form, when the pen failed … Pablo was always ready with the sword.” — Steve Murphy
29. “The bad guys need to get lucky every time. The good guys just need to get lucky once.” — Steve Murphy
30. “One man’s prison is anyone else’s palace.” — Steve Murphy
31. “When you’ve run out of ways to hide your money, that’s when you give it to the poor.” — Steve Murphy
32. “Escobar hadn’t built himself a prison at all. He’d built himself a fortress. But no matter how you decorate it, a cage is still a cage.” — Steve Murphy
33. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned in the narco world, it’s that life is more complicated than you think. Good and bad, they’re relative concepts.” — Steve Murphy
34. “Sometimes bad guys do good things.” — Steve Murphy
Which of these Narcos quotes is your favorite?
This series is action-packed and will definitely leave you wanting more.
It gives an interesting narrative to the lives of drug lords and their gangs which somehow humanizes their violent actions and unforgiving nature.
As the director of this series has said “We love Pablo. We don’t love the man.”
Remember that using narcotics and illegal drugs is not only a dangerous addiction but also an unwilling and selfish support to drug cartels around the world.
Hopefully, these Narcos quotes and sayings will give you a better perspective as to what narcotics do to the lives of people around you.