No Country for Old Men Quotes From the Hit Movie
February 3, 2023 6:00 AM EST
Fans of westerns and crime thrillers will love these No Country for Old Men quotes!
No Country for Old Men is a movie that was released in 2007 and is based on the novel by Cormac McCarthy of the same name.
Tell us your favorite No Country for Old Men quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these quotes?
The brothers Joel and Ethan Coen directed and wrote this neo-western crime thriller.
The movie stars Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin, and Javier Bardem, among other talented actors.
The movie is set in 1980, in West Texas, and follows a Vietnam Veteran named Llewelyn Moss, that finds a large sum of money in the desert.
A hitman is also chasing that money, and a local sheriff is investigating the missing money himself.
We can learn several lessons from these No Country for Old Men quotes, including:
- time passes for all of us
- things change from generation to generation
- life is chaotic and messy
Critics gave the movie stellar reviews.
It was a success at the box office, where it grossed over $171 million against its $25 million budget.
Enjoy learning more about the movie through these No Country for Old Men quotes.
Top 5 No Country for Old Men Quotes
Check out these quotes from some of the most intense parts of the movie.
1. “Don’t hurt no one.” ― Loretta Bell
2. “You don’t have to do this.” ― Carla Jean Moss
3. “Do you have any idea how crazy you are?” ― Carson Wells
4. “What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?” ― Anton Chigurh
5. “This is turning’ into a hell of a mess, ain’t it, Sheriff?” ― Wendell
Intense quotes from the movie No Country for Old Men
6. “I was Sheriff of this country when I was 25 years old.” ― Sheriff Ed Tom Bell
7. “The crime you see now, it’s hard to even take its measure.” ― Sheriff Ed Tom Bell
8. “If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?” ― Anton Chigurh
9. “I couldn’t swear to every detail, but it’s certainly true that it is a story.” ― Sheriff Ed Tom Bell
10. “I’m guessing this isn’t the future you had planned for yourself when you first clapped eyes on that money.” ― Carson Wells
No Country for Old Men Quotes That Forewarn of Things to Come
These quotes impact how the characters in the movie make their next decisions.
11. “I got a bad feeling, Llewelyn.” ― Carla Jean Moss
12. “Well, age will flatten a man.” ― Sheriff Tom Ed Bell
13. “Would you hold still, please, sir?” ― Anton Chigurh
14. “This country’s hard on people. You can’t stop what’s coming.” ― Ellis
15. “What business is it of yours where I’m from… friendo?” ― Anton Chigurh
No Country for Old Men quotes that make you think
16. “But I think once you quit hearing “sir” and “ma’am,” the rest is soon to follow.” ― Sheriff Ed Tom Bell
17. “All the time you spend trying to get back what’s been took from you, more is going out the back door.” ― Ellis
18. “I ain’t got the money. What little I had is long gone, and there’s bills aplenty to pay yet.” ― Carla Jean Moss
19. “I’m fixin’ to do somethin’ dumbern’ hell, but I’m goin’ anyways. If I don’t come back, tell Mother I love her.” ― Llewelyn Moss
20. “This is the best deal you’re going to get. I won’t tell you that you can save yourself because you can’t.” ― Anton Chigurh
Does Moss Get Away With the Money?
Did you enjoy these No Country for Old Men quotes?
Moss realizes that others will want the money he found, so he sends his wife away and tries to go into hiding himself.
Although he eludes the hitman multiple times.
Eventually, others wanting the money kill Moss.
Please share these No Country for Old Men quotes with your friends and post any comments about the movie in the comment section below.