These Beauty from Ashes quotes are perfect for anyone that has or will experience adversity.
The phrase “beauty from ashes” refers to finding something good in the midst of adversity or evil or after a bad situation.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
One of the most famous ways this phrase is known is from the Bible verse Isaiah 61:3, which says, “to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.”
Although adversity comes to all of us, growth and opportunities can result from or after adversity if we are willing to look for them.
According to Forbes.com, “research now shows that past adversity can help you persevere in the face of current stress,” so know that today’s challenging times can prepare you for tomorrow’s adversity.
Take a look at these Beauty from Ashes quotes to learn more about the good that can come from adversity.
Best Beauty from Ashes Quotes
Here are some popular beauty from ashes quotes to learn from.
1. “Beauty is sometimes born of pain.” — Sheri L. Swift
2. “Out of the ashes of misfortune rises the phoenix of opportunity.” — Aesop
3. “It’s not about what it is; it’s about what it can become.” — Dr. Seuss
4. “I can be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it.” — Maya Angelou
5. “God is the champion at bringing people from a place of destruction to a place of total victory.” — Joyce Meyer
6. “When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves.” — Viktor E. Frankl
7. “Pain is a great teacher, and when you learn from it, you become a better person.” — Billy Corgan
8. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” — Nelson Mandela
9. “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.” — Doe Zantamata
10. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of those depths.” — Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Beauty from Ashes Quotes Showing Good Can Come From Difficult Pasts
Be encouraged that good can come from your hard and challenging past.
11. “I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.” — Carl Jung
12. “Hardship often prepares an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny.” — C.S. Lewis
13. “Let go of yesterday. Let today be a new beginning and be the best that you can, and you’ll get to where God wants you to be.” — Joel Osteen
14. “God wants you to be delivered from what you have done and from what has been done to you. Both are equally important to Him.” — Joyce Meyer
15. “The only way to move forward is to focus on the good in your life and let go of the past.” — Oprah Winfrey
16. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” — Kahlil Gibran
17. “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” — Barbara De Angelis
18. “It’s through adversity that we learn the most about ourselves and what we’re made of.” — Jonathan Mooney
19. “Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
20. “The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.” — Ben Okri
Beauty from Ashes Quotes to Help You Move Forward
Continue moving forward with inspiration from these quotes.
21. “The present is where everything begins and where everything ends.” — Carlos Santana
22. “The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.” — Mary Pickford
23. “The human capacity for burden is like bamboo – far more flexible than you’d ever believe at first glance.” — Jodi Picoult
24. “The past is a place of reference, not a place of residence; the past is a place of learning, not a place of living.” — Roy T. Bennett
25. “There are two kinds of pain: the pain of change and the pain of never changing and remaining the same.” — Joyce Meyer
26. “Your past is just a story, and once you realize this, it has no power over you.” — Chuck Palahniuk
27. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” — Henry Ford
28. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” — Walt Disney
29. “I wasn’t there yet, I wasn’t finding joy and gladness in my barrenness, but I believed I would. I believed He would make my barren soul as beautiful as His perfect garden.” — Natalie Brenner
30. “And one day she discovered that she was fierce and strong, and full of fire and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” — Mark Anthony
Inspiring Beauty from Ashes Quotes
These quotes are meant to inspire you to find the good out of the ashes.
31. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” — Henry Ford
32. “In three words, I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” — Robert Frost
33. “The darkest hour has only sixty minutes.” — Morris Mandel
34. “You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.” — Mary Tyler Moore
35. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein
36. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” — Maya Angelou
37. “Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.” — Arthur Golden
38. “You have within you right now everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.” — Brian Tracy
39. “Challenges are what make life interesting, and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” — Joshua J. Marine
40. “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” — Pericles
Beauty from Ashes Quotes to Encourage You
Do you still need encouragement? These quotes will help you continue moving forward and looking for the good in life.
41. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill
42. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” — Japanese Proverb
43. “But where we see trash, God sees potential. The Master Artist, with His tender touch, can rework our suffering into a pattern of good.” — Tessa Emily Hall
44. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” — Ernest Hemingway
45. “The more we focus on who we are in Christ, the less it matters who we were in the past, or even what happened to us.” — Joyce Meyer
46. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” — Napoleon Hill
47. “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.” — Chinese Proverb
48. “Experience is not what happens to you; it’s what you do with what happens to you.” — Aldous Huxley
49. “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” — Bernice Johnson Reagon
50. “We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do by finding out what will not do.” — Samuel Smiles
What Are Some Examples of Beauty from Ashes?
There are many instances of people coming out stronger through adversity.
Helen Keller didn’t let being blind and deaf stop her from living a great life, and she became a successful and famous writer and teacher.
Tim Tebow became a successful college quarterback after doctors advised his mother to abort him due to health issues.
Please share these Beauty from Ashes quotes with your family and friends.
Share your favorite quote about rising from adversity in the comment section below.