Catch up on the popular show with these Outlander quotes.
Outlander is a television series that has taken the country by storm.
If you haven’t watched it yet, you most likely know people who have.
The show has won many awards and is awaiting a new season which is set to premiere in 2022.
The series is based on the Outlander novel series which is written by Diana Gabaldon.
It follows the story of a World War II nurse who is transported through time back to Scotland in 1743.
There she falls in love with a Highland warrior.
These Outlander quotes will give you a taste of the show.
Don’t forget to also check out these The Sinner quotes for the detective in you.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Outlander quotes by Jamie Fraser
1. “I said I was a virgin, not a monk.” — Jamie Fraser
2. “You have my name and my family, my clan, and if necessary, the protection of my body as well.” — Jamie Fraser
3. “I am your master…and you’re mine. Seems I canna possess your soul without losing my own.” — Jamie Fraser
4. “Aye, I believe ye, Sassenach. But it would ha’ been a good deal easier if you’d only been a witch.” — Jamie Fraser
5. “Dinna be afraid. There’s the two of us now.” — Jamie Fraser
6. “She’s bound by an oath. She may not kill for her own life. It is myself that kills for her.” — Jamie Fraser
7. “You’ll lie wi’ me now. And I shall use ye as I must. And if you’ll have your revenge for it, then take it and welcome, for my soul is yours, in all the black corners of it.” — Jamie Fraser
8. “Damn right I begrudge! I grudge every memory of yours that doesna hold me, and every tear ye’ve shed for another, and every second you’ve spent in another man’s bed!” — Jamie Fraser
9. “When I asked my Da how ye knew which was the right woman, he told me when the time came, I’d have no doubt. And I didn’t. When I woke in the dark under that tree on the road to Leoch, with you sitting on my chest, cursing me for bleeding to death, I said to myself, ‘Jamie Fraser, for all ye canna see what she looks like, and for all she weighs as much as a good draft horse, this is the woman.’” — Jamie Fraser
10. “I wanted ye from the first I saw ye–but I loved ye when you wept in my arms and let me comfort you, that first time at Leoch.” — Jamie Fraser
11. “And you, my Sassenach? What were you born for? To be lady of a manor, or to sleep in the fields like a gypsy? To be a healer, or a don’s wife, or an outlaw’s lady?” — Jamie Fraser
12. “I do know it, my own. Let me tell ye in your sleep how much I love you. For there’s no so much I can be saying to ye while ye wake, but the same poor words, again and again. While ye sleep in my arms, I can say things to ye that would be daft and silly waking, and your dreams will know the truth of them. Go back to sleep, mo duinne.” — Jamie Fraser
13. “I meant it, Claire. My life is yours. And it’s yours to decide what we shall do, where we go next. To France, to Italy, even back to Scotland. My heart has been yours since first I saw ye, and you’ve held my soul and body between your two hands here, and kept them safe. We shall go as ye say.” — Jamie Fraser
14. “Blood of my blood, and bone of my bone. You carry me within ye, Claire, and ye canna leave me now, no matter what happens. You are mine, always, if ye will it or no, if ye want me or nay. Mine, and I wilna let ye go.” — Jamie Fraser
15. “And yet when I think of you wi’ my child at your breast…then I feel as though I’ve gone hollow as a soap bubble, and perhaps I shall burst with joy.” — Jamie Fraser
16. “When the day should come that we must part, if my last words are not I love you, you ken it’s because I didn’t have time.” — Jamie Fraser
17. “After your mother left me with you in her belly, I never thought I’d see you. But I kenned you were there. I’m a husband, and a father, and now, I’m a grandsire. And even though I may never see any of you again, you have made my life whole.” — Jamie Fraser
18. “If I go to hell, I’m glad you’re coming with me.” — Jamie Fraser
19. “We’re, uh, overjoyed to have you back, but you seem out of sorts, not yourself. What happened with the Mohawk, lad? You can talk about it with me if you like.” — Jamie Fraser
20. “You’re alive. You’re whole. All is well.” — Jamie Fraser
21. “Good luck will do. I love you does so much better.” — Jamie Fraser
22. “It has struck me that I have now lived longer than my father did. This is a morning he never saw. Died when he was 49.” — Jamie Fraser
23. “You’re a woman like no other, Sassenach. But don’t forget, you’re still a woman.” — Jamie Fraser
Outlander quotes by Claire Randall
24. “Listen to me. If you ever raise a hand to me again, James Fraser, I will cut out your heart and eat it for breakfast, do you understand me?” — Claire Randall
25. “When you took me from the witch trial at Cranesmuir–you said then that you would have died with me, you would have gone to the stake with me, had it come to that!” — Claire Randall
Which of these Outlander quotes is your favorite?
If you’ve never watched the Outlander series before, this is a great time to get caught up on the show.
There are five seasons that you can stream so you can be caught up before the sixth season premieres.
If you’ve watched the show and enjoyed it, you may want to try reading through the novel series to see the difference between the two.
The upcoming season will be based on the book A Breath of Snow and Ashes and there is a 7th season set to follow.
Some viewers have come to the conclusion that Outlander brings attention to Scotland during the era in the same way that Downton Abbey did for England during that time period.
What do you think after reading through the above Outlander quotes and lines?
Have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.