Get a glimpse of the Netflix detective series with The Sinner quotes below.
The Sinner is an intense police procedural series on Netflix. It follows the story of Harry Ambrose, a police detective who investigates bizarre crimes committed by unlikely suspects.
Harry’s job is to unravel their motivation and the events that led them to their unlawful actions.
While the show was originally scheduled to only be a mini-series, it has been renewed for a fourth season. It’s similar to other detective series but known for being harsher.
The show is also an alarming reminder that humans are inherently flawed and can be driven to do horrific things.
These The Sinner Quotes will keep you engaged and wanting to rewatch this suspenseful show.
Don’t forget to also check out these Lucifer quotes from Netflix’s most desirable show.
The Sinner Quotes by Cora
1. “I grew up with God in my house. All He brought was more pain.” ― Cora
2. “What kind of a god kills your baby but lets you survive?” ― Cora
The Sinner Quotes by Harry
3. “Everyone assumes we start out in the same place. We don’t.” ― Harry
4. “Fact is, most people have secrets, even the most unlikely ones.” ― Harry
5. “You’re what somebody did to us when we were young, I know it wasn’t our fault. I know we didn’t do anything wrong. But somehow, I don’t know what to do with it all.” ― Harry
6. “There’s no way out of this that’s ever going to satisfy you.” ― Harry
The Sinner Quotes by Jamie
7. “Strange, isn’t it? That some letter should determine your fate.” ― Jamie
8. “We are living on a giant rock. We are flying through space, and no one knows anything. School makes you think they have the answers, but they don’t. No one does.” ― Jamie
9. “It’s strange, isn’t it. The one person I need to talk to is trying to lock me up.” ― Jamie
10. “ I want you to play the game. I want you to play the game, to look death right in the face, right where I am. No escape route.” ― Jamie
11. “So I don’t get to have a moment because I’m white?” ― Jamie
12. “You did it, Harry. I had to pull the pipe. You had to believe you were gonna die. Nick did the same for me.” ― Jamie
13. “When two people relate to each other authentically and humanly, God is the electricity that surges between them.” ― Jamie
14. “It’s strange, isn’t it. The one person I need to talk to is trying to lock me up.” ― Jamie
15. “They’ll just put me away. I am not a lost cause. Help me. I’m gonna get my life back.” ― Jamie
16. “It’s weird. Everything looks different now. Like my house, I know it’s my house, but it’s not … quite. My hands. They don’t seem like my hands.” ― Jamie
17. “You know, it kind of pisses me off the way you act like you care and then you just switch off. It’s really fucking manipulative. I’ve told you things I haven’t even told my wife.” ― Jamie
18. “You’re no different than I am, you know. Don’t start thinking you are.” ― Jamie
19. “I’m a high school teacher living in the goddamned suburbs. I’m not driving around in the middle of the night digging graves for painters I don’t know. What is it with you? You keep showing up at my house, pretending we’re friends, and now you’re harassing me? If you have evidence to incriminate me, haul me in. Otherwise, I’m going back inside to my wife.” ― Jamie
20. “Move on? Why does everybody say that? It’s like the only thing that matters is getting over things as fast as you can. I mean, death isn’t going away. If anything, it’s getting closer. And everyone I know is terrified, but no one wants to talk about it. We just hide it away in hospitals and old age homes. And we don’t even kill our own food, we just get our meat shrinkwrapped into these patties. It just feels like a lie.” ― Jamie
The Sinner quotes from memorable conversations within the show
21. Sonya: “Oh, you’ve been researching me.”
Ambrose: “I’m working a case.”
22. Harry: “Why didn’t you leave your house when I told you to?”
Sonya: “I, I knew it was dangerous, but I, I just couldn’t stop myself.”
23. Kowalski: “Is it true that in order to gain Mr. Burns’ trust, you agreed to be buried in a grave for eight hours.”
Ambrose: “That’s correct.”
24. Jamie: “You know, I came here to kill you.”
Sonya: “I thought that might be the case.”
25. Jamie: “Why do you need me to jump with you? Why can’t you just jump on your own?”
Nick: “The only reason I was able to jump is because you were there with me.”
26. Sonya: “May I come closer?”
Jamie: “Why don’t you try?”
27. “If you don’t hear from me by the time you wake up, come find me.” ― Ambrose
28. Harry: “What happened last night?”
Jamie: “I fucked up. I really fucked up.”
29. “If I turn myself in, my life is over. It’s over. I am not crazy. I’m not out of control. Now, you said you understood how I feel. What if I was your brother? You’d be helpin’ me out of this.
Ambrose: I’d be saying the exact same thing. There’s no way around it. A confession right now will reduce your sentence. If you wait, it’s gonna get worse.” ― Jamie
30. “So you drove down there at four in the morning to pick up a little extra work knowing you’d be heading back down there a few hours later?” ― Jones
31. Ambrose: “Don’t come near my family ever again.”
Jamie: “Do you think I would actually do anything to him?”
32. “Look, we all have dark thoughts. We learn how to live with them. We contain them.” ― Ambrose
33. “You get away with everything you want, don’t you?” ― Jamie
34. Jamie: “Nick is the most honest person I have ever known.”
Ambrose: “He’s also a sociopath.”
Jamie: “Are you sure about that? Look around. It’s a world full of sociopaths.”
The Sinner quotes from other characters
35. “This is the next step. You and me. This is how we break through.” ― Nick
36. “I think you let Nick die because you didn’t like that he had a hold on you. But he still does, doesn’t he?” ― Ambrose
37. “I want you to know. We had a connection about alot of things, you and I. I know that. And I’m sure you do, too. I’m just sorry things went the way they did.” ― Ambrose
38. “In all this pretending, how are we to know that James Burns didn’t confess to a fake murder?” ― Kowalski
39. “It seems like your relationship with Mr. Burns is very complicated.” ― Kowalski
40. “Man is so infinitely different from God he can only communicate with God indirectly.” ― Professor
41. “I feel like I’ve always known you. I look at you, and it feels right.” ― Frankie
42. “Nobody dreams of becoming a dermatologist right?I mean, how much fun could that be?” ― Vic
43. “The ubermensch creates his own morality. Nietzche contends that our modern ways have led us to lose our faith. God is dead. It’s up to the ubermensch to forge new values to live by. It’s a challenge, one that required will and discipline.” ― Professor
44. “Phones, emails. That’s no way to communicate. But when someone reaches out after… 18 years? After totally cutting you out? You want to look them in the eye when they try to explain themselves.” ― Nick
45. “Failure to save somebody’s life. That’s not a crime. But impeding a rescue? That’s second-degree murder.” ― Ambrose
46. “There are no children here. The Beacon is very clear about this. None of us are advanced enough in the work to have children. I think he’s right.” ― Vera
47. “And underneath that rage, if you could just taste what’s there, what would it be?” ― Vera
48. “Adam and Bess were not saving Julian, they were abducting him, but you never thought of that did you. Julian was defending himself.” ― Vera
49. “I thought that maybe I could reach him. It was like a test. I wanted it. I wanted to survive it.” ― Sonya
50. “And you? You have been through a lot lately.” ― Sonya
51. “Oh, I get it. This is how it goes. You want everyone to tell you everything while you say nothing.” ― Sonya
Which of these The Sinner quotes is your favorite?
The show is extremely heavy and suspenseful to watch, and some fans often pause it in the middle of unraveling scenes just to catch a breath.
However, this series’s unique deductive storytelling will easily hook you while you’re constantly sitting on the edge of your seat.
The Sinner touched complicated issues such as child abuse, religious hypocrisy, a flawed criminal justice system, trauma, norms, and many more.
This makes the show a brilliant psychological drama at its best. It showcases how certain events in our lives can change how we think and act, leading to a lasting psychological impact. So try to understand human psychology better and enjoy browsing these The Sinner quotes and lines.
September 1, 2021 7:00 AM EST