This collection of the best Percy Jackson quotes about family, love, and grief will inspire you.
Perseus “Percy” Jackson is a demigod from a fictional series of books written by Rick Riordan. Percy, the son of the Greek god Poseidon, is gifted with powerful divine abilities related to water.
You may know the character Percy Jackson from Percy Jackson & the Olympians, The Heroes of Olympus, or The Trials of Apollo.
Regardless of how familiar you are with this character, this list of the best Percy Jackson quotes will motivate you to achieve greatness.
Have you read all of the novels featuring Percy Jackson?
This collection of Rick Riordan quotes from the Percy Jackson series highlight why so many people relate to this character. These words of wisdom will guide you and motivate you to reach your true potential.
Share these inspirational quotes from the mind of Rick Riordan with your friends and family.
Don’t forget to also check out these memorable Madea quotes about life, love, and fun.
Percy Jackson quotes about love and heroism
1. “If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” – Percy Jackson
2. “Where’s the glory in repeating what others have done?” – Percy Jackson
3. “Be careful of love. It’ll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong.” – Percy Jackson
4. “But remember, boy, that a kind act can sometimes be as powerful as a sword.” – Percy Jackson
5. “People are more difficult to work with than machines. And when you break a person, he can’t be fixed.” – Percy Jackson
6. “There is always a way out for those clever enough to find it.” – Percy Jackson
7. “Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.” – Percy Jackson
8. “I figure the world is basically a machine. I don’t know who made it, if it was the Fates, or the gods, or the capital-G god or whatever. But it chugs along the way it’s supposed to most of the time. Sure, little pieces break off and stuff goes haywire once in a while, but mostly… things happen for a reason.” – Percy Jackson
9. “Life is only precious because it ends, kid.” – Percy Jackson
10. “Getting something and having the wits to use it…those are two different things.” – Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson quotes that will give you a fresh perspective on life
11. “It takes strength and courage to admit the truth.” – Percy Jackson
12. “What I did next was so impulsive and dangerous I should’ve been named ADHD poster child of the year.” – Percy Jackson
13. “Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.” – Percy Jackson
14. “Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we’re related for better or for worse…and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum.” – Percy Jackson
15. “The real world is where the monsters are.” – Percy Jackson
16. “It’s funny how humans can wrap their mind around things and fit them into their version of reality.” – Percy Jackson
17. “Deadlines just aren’t real to me until I’m staring one in the face.” – Percy Jackson
18. “In a way, it’s nice to know that there are Greek gods out there because you have somebody to blame when things go wrong. For instance, when you’re walking away from a bus that’s just been attacked by monster hags and blown up by lightning, and it’s raining on top of everything else, most people might think that’s just really bad luck; when you’re a half-blood, you understand that some divine force is really trying to mess up your day.” – Percy Jackson
19. “Go on with what your heart tells you, or you will lose all.” – Percy Jackson
20. “It’s hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.” – Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson quotes that will motivate you to achieve greatness
21. “She looked at me like she was drinking in the fact that I was still here. And I realized I was doing the same thing. The world was collapsing, and the only thing that really mattered to me was that she was alive.” – Percy Jackson
22. “Tell the sun and stars hello for me.” – Percy Jackson
23. “I’d love to tell you I had some deep revelation on my way down, that I came to terms with my own mortality, laughed in the face of death, et cetera. The truth? My only thought was: Aaaaggghhhhh!” – Percy Jackson
24. “You must forge your own path for it to mean anything.” – Percy Jackson
25. “The sea does not like to be restrained.” – Percy Jackson
26. “Delaying death is one of my favorite hobbies” – Percy Jackson
27. “I love New York. You can pop out of the Underworld in Central Park, hail a taxi, head down Fifth Avenue with a giant hellhound loping behind you, and nobody even looks at you funny.” – Percy Jackson
28. “Nothing like watching your relatives fight, I always say.” – Percy Jackson
29. “What about a compromise? I’ll kill them first, and if it turns out they were friendly, I’ll apologize.” – Percy Jackson
30. “Humans see what they want to see.” – Percy Jackson
Percy Jackson quotes that highlight why so many people relate to this character
31. “Hades raised an eyebrow. When he sat forward in his throne, shadowy faces appeared in the folds of his black robes, faces of torment,as if the garment was stitched of trapped souls from the Fields of Punishment, trying to get out. The ADHD part of me wondered, off-task, whether the rest of his clothes were made the same way. What horrible things would you have to do in your life to get woven into Hades’ underwear?” – Percy Jackson
32. “Sugar and caffeine. My willpower crumbled.” – Percy Jackson
33. “Survive first. Figure out crayon drawing of destiny later.” – Percy Jackson
34. “Names have power.” – Percy Jackson
35. “You deal with mythological stuff for a few years, you learn that paradises are usually places where you get killed.” – Percy Jackson
36. “I felt like one of Apollo’s sacred cows- slow, dumb, and bright red.” – Percy Jackson
37. “Young people don’t always do what they’re told, but if they can pull it off and do something wonderful, sometimes they escape punishment.” – Percy Jackson
38. “Don’t feel bad, I’m usually about to die.” – Percy Jackson
39. “Almost everything strange washes up near Miami.” – Percy Jackson
40. “Sometimes mortals can be more horrible than monsters.” – Percy Jackson
More Percy Jackson quotes
41. “Being a hero doesn’t mean you’re invincible. It just means that you’re brave enough to stand up and do what’s needed.” – Percy Jackson
42. “Lots of death, huh? Personally, I’m trying to avoid lots of death, but you guys have fun!” – Percy Jackson
43. “It’s useless to lecture a human.” – Percy Jackson
44. “But magic is neither good nor evil. It is a tool, like a knife. Is a knife evil? Only if the wielder is evil.” – Percy Jackson
45. “Suspecting and knowing are not the same.” – Percy Jackson
46. “No one can hate you with more intensity than someone who used to love you.” – Percy Jackson
47. “I gave her my deluxe I’ll-Kill-You-Later stare.” – Percy Jackson
48. “You might as well ask an artist to explain his art or ask a poet to explain his poem. It defeats the purpose. The meaning is only clear thorough the search.” – Percy Jackson
49. “With great power…comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.” – Percy Jackson
50. “Does truth have a moral?” – Percy Jackson
What are your favorite Rick Riordan quotes from Percy Jackson?
The novels in the Percy Jackson series written by Rick Riordan are an excellent source of inspirational quotes.
These words of wisdom are motivational, humorous, and insightful. Reading these Percy Jackson quotes will give you a fresh perspective on life while also brightening your day.
Have you read any of Percy Jackson’s books or seen the film adaptation? If you’re familiar with this Rick Riordan character, you’ll love this collection of the best Percy Jackson quotes.
This list includes The Trials of Apollo and The Heroes of Olympus quotes. During difficult times when you’re doubting your own abilities, these motivational words will remind you to love yourself.
Share these Percy Jackson quotes about family and love with your relatives to remind them that you care about them.
What are your favorite Percy Jackson quotes and lines from the works of Rick Riordan? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 3, 2020 7:00 AM EST