Check out these Pinocchio quotes from the classic story of the puppet and his friends.
Pinocchio is a fictional character created by Carlo Collodi to be the main character in his children’s novel called The Adventures of Pinocchio, which was published in 1883.
You might also like these related articles:
The story has been adapted into many other forms of media, and perhaps the most famous story of Pinocchio is Disney’s adaptation of the book into the 1940 movie called Pinocchio.
Between the children’s book and the Disney movie, which made $164 million against a $2.6 million budget, the story has been a childhood favorite of kids and parents for many decades.
The story’s plot follows the puppet Pinocchio who was carved by a woodcarver named Geppetto in a village in Italy.
In the original story, Pinocchio is mean-spirited and bad from the beginning, which leads to his nose growing each time he lies.
In the Disney adaptation, Pinocchio is more innocent and gets into mischief, but when he lies, his nose still grows.
Take a look at these Pinocchio quotes to learn more about the classic story.
Classic Pinocchio Quotes
Here are some of Pinocchio’s most classic and iconic lines.
1. “I’m alive. See?” — Pinocchio
2. “Hello to Figaro.” — Pinocchio
3. “Good-bye, Jiminy.” — Pinocchio
4. “I’ve gotta go to him!” — Pinocchio
5. “What’s a conscience?” — Pinocchio
6. “Gee, you’re funny! Do it again!” — Pinocchio
7. “Let me outta here! I gotta get out!” — Pinocchio
8. “Someday, I’m gonna be a real boy!” — Pinocchio
9. “I’d rather be smart than be an actor.” — Pinocchio
10. “Oh, it’s Jiminy! What are you doin’ up there?” — Pinocchio
Pinocchio Quotes From His Friends
Check out these great quotes from Pinocchio’s friends.
11. “Pinocchio! Pinocchio!” — Geppetto
12. “Pinocchio! Why didn’t you go to school?” — Blue Fairy
13. “You must learn to choose between right and wrong.” — Blue Fairy
14. “Good-bye? I may be live bait down there, but I’m with ya!” — Jiminy Cricket
15. “Yep, temptations. They’re the wrong things that seem right at the time.” — Jiminy Cricket
16. “A lie keeps growing and growing until it’s as plain as the nose on your face.” — Blue Fairy
17. “I’ll just get out of his life quietly. But I would like to wish him luck, though.” — Jiminy Cricket
Pinocchio Quotes About The Wooden Puppet
Enjoy these quotes all about Pinocchio.
18. “New Orleans is like the bad-kid island in ‘Pinocchio.’” — Jonah Hill
19. “The nose didn’t make Pinocchio a liar. It just ratted him out when he was fibbing.” — Vincent H. O’Neil
20. “What I wanted in life always was to write something as good as ‘Pinocchio.’ I wanted to write.” — Patti Smith
21. “When I was growing up in the Philippines, the story that was read to me most was Pinocchio.” — Reggie Lee
22. “At such a loving invitation, Pinocchio, with one leap from the back of the orchestra, found himself in the front rows.” — Carlo Collodi
23. “Unfortunately, too much propaganda creates the scenario where no one believes anything that they say. It’s just like Pinocchio.” — Steven Magee
24. “Believe it or not, my introduction to scary literature was ‘Pinocchio.’ My mother read it to me every day before naptime when I was three or four.” — R.L. Stine
25. “And I suddenly feel like Pinocchio after he’s been swallowed; dome roof with curved steel beams like a whale’s ribs, the moon, and Milky Way right there at the yawning shutter of its mouth.” — Danielle Blinks
What Happens to Pinocchio?
Pinocchio desires to be a real boy, but he must learn to be truthful, unselfish, and brave in order to become a real boy.
He goes on adventures with his friend Jiminy Cricket to learn what he needs to know to fully come to life.
Please share these Pinocchio quotes with others by clicking the share button!