Practical Magic Quotes From the Movie
January 6, 2023 7:03 AM EST
These Practical Magic quotes are perfect for the movie fan in you.
Practical Magic fantasy drama with some romance.
The film was directed by Griffin Dunne and stars Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman, among others.
The film was released in 1998, grossed over $68 million at the box office, and has since become a cult classic.
The storyline follows two sisters living in a small town in Massachusetts who are descendants of a long line of witches.
After their parents pass away due to an old curse put on the family long ago, the sisters are raised by their aunts.
They grow up learning Practical Magic from their aunts and must use their magic to defeat an evil spirit before it kills them.
You will love these Practical Magic quotes!
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Bridgerton quotes from the hit period drama.
Memorable Practical Magic quotes
You will remember these quotes from the movie!
1. “All I want is a normal life.” — Sally Owens
2. “There’s a little witch in all of us.” — Aunt Jet Owens
3. “Did you or your sister kill James Angelov?” — Gary Hallet
4. “Since when is being a slut a crime in this family?” — Sally Owens
5. “Flip the switch and let the cauldron bubble.” — Aunt Francis Owens
6. “And I don’t want them dancing naked under the full moon!” — Sally Owens
7. “What was that, Sally? That was him, wasn’t it? Is he gone or what?” — Gary Hallet
8. “I don’t want to believe it but there is no man, Gilly. Only that moon.” — Sally Owens
9. “Is that why they wanted to hang her? Because she was a witch?” — Young Gillian Owens
10. “You should come around here on Halloween. You’d really see something then.” — Sally Owens
Check out our collection of What Dreams May Come quotes if you enjoy this article.
Intense Practical Magic quotes
The set of quotes below are from intense scenes in the movie.
11. “Yes, you killed his spirit, but I know I took his life.” — Sally Owens
12. “Yeah. We all jump off the roof and fly. We kill our husbands too.” — Sally Owens
13. “No, of course. The nudity is entirely optional. As you well remember.” — Aunt Jet Owens
14. “He will hear my call a mile away. He will whistle my favorite song.” — Young Sally Owens
15. “Sometimes I feel like there’s a hole inside of me, an emptiness that at times seems to burn.” — Sally Owens
16. “The moon is always jealous of the heat of the day, just as the sun always longs for something dark and deep.” — Alice Hoffman
17. “The moon is always jealous of the heat of the day, just as the sun always longs for something dark and deep.” — Alice Hoffman
18. “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage!” — Aunt Francis Owens
19. “The fact that she was a bit of a heartbreaker didn’t help. Nor did it help that most of her lovers had wives on the hanging committee.” — Aunt Francis Owens
20. “On some nights it’s best to stop thinking about the past, and all that’s been won and lost. On nights like this, just getting into bed, crawling between the clean white sheets, is a great relief.” — Alice Hoffman
Don’t be too quick to judge
In the movie, the sisters are ridiculed by other children due to their family history.
Although the sisters mean no harm, they are judged by their past family history.
We hope you have enjoyed these Practical Magic quotes and lines.
Please share with your friends and family and post any comments in the comment section below.