These nephew quotes will show you why having one is so special.
Everyone talks about how special it is to have your own child but having a nephew doesn’t get the attention it deserves.
What makes nephews special?
Nephews can be fun and wild. They can be a partner in crime or the person you spend your time teasingly tormenting. And there’s nothing like getting back at your own sibling by teaching their son the things they don’t want him to know like stories of what their parent did as a teenager.
You get the fun of spending time with your nephew without having to be the person responsible for taking care of them. It’s the best of both worlds.
Below is our collection of beautiful, inspirational, and loving nephew quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also read these children quotes that will fill your heart with love and laughter.
Wild nephew quotes
1. “Electricity can be dangerous. My nephew tried to stick a penny into a plug. Whoever said a penny doesn’t go far didn’t see him shoot across that floor. I told him he was grounded.” – Tim Allen
2. “I always joke with people that having nephews is the best birth control there is.” – Tahj Mowry
3. “If you think I’m fast, just wait until you see my nephew Bruno.” – Ayrton Senna
4. “I’m a pretty agile guy, especially being taller and having done martial arts from about the age of 13, but parkour is one of those sports that I wish I’d discovered sooner. When my nephew first showed me, I thought ‘Damn – I’m too old for this.’” – Paul Walker (see more Paul Walker quotes)
Nephew quotes about the fun of having one
5. “There’s something so great about being with your nephew and, when you’re tired, just handing him off back to your sister.” – Tahj Mowry
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of funny sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
6. “My 2-yr-old nephew learned to imitate laser beam sounds, a rite of childhood. Getting hit with a lot of imaginary beams, a rite of unclehood.” – Matthew Pleasant
7. “Well, I’m an uncle now… don’t know if I’m a good one. My nephew asked me the difference between a hamster and a gerbil and I told him I thought there was more dark meat on a gerbil.” – Bobcat Goldthwait
8. “Happiness is actually found in simple things, such as taking my nephew around the island by bicycle or seeing the stars at night. We go to coffee shops or see airplanes land at the airport.” – Andrea Hirata
9. “Finally, a Thanksgiving without a drunken uncle. Just me, my nieces and nephews and my bottle of Jack Daniels.” – Conan O’Brien
You might also like these niece quotes for every proud aunt and uncle.
Uncle and nephew quotes
10. “Shopping for kids for Christmas presents is so much fun but having a kid sounds like too much work so being an uncle is the perfect scenario! Glad my sister had a baby so I don’t have to!” – Ricky Dillon
11. “Before you were born, I associated the word uncle with old and wobbly men. After you were born, I started associating the word uncle with smart and handsome men. Thanks for teaching me what uncles are really all about.” – Unknown
12. “Nephew’s hair got so blonde this summer it looks peroxided. He is getting it cut so kids won’t think he is punk. I have failed as an uncle.” – Unknown
13. “Today I am forcing my nephews to watch my favorite movie, Seven Samurai, because even if you have a cool uncle, sometimes the price is enduring a 3+ hour subtitled black & white movie on vacation.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda
14. “Nothin like teaching your 3 ½ year old nephew about the joys of a whoopie cushion and throwing a football in one night! Sweet Uncledom!” – Brandon Barash
15. “I like being an uncle because there’s no such thing as a deadbeat uncle.” – @nedostup
Relationship with a nephew quotes
16. “To me, my nephew is the angel of my world. It is my absolute happiest moment whenever he smiles at me.” – Li Bingbing
17. “The best aunts aren’t substitute parents, they’re co-conspirators.” — Daryl Gregory
18. “Every child needs at least one adult who is irrationally crazy about him or her.” — Urie Bronfenbrenner
19. “I know time will inevitably turn you all into adults, and my role as your aunt will evolve as you mature. I want you all to know that no matter your age, I’ll always play with you, my arms will never grow tired of your hugs, your tears will never both my shoulder, and my door is always open for a visit from you. Thank you for making my life fuller. I love you.” – Unknown
20. “Sometimes, the littlest things take up the most room in your heart.” — Winnie the Pooh
21. “Uncles are there to help the child get into mischief that they haven’t thought of yet.” – Unknown
22. “I never dreamed I would be a super cool aunt, but here I am killing it.” – Unknown
23. “Everyone had an uncle who tried to steal their nose.” – Peter Kay
24. “An aunt is a safe haven for a child. Someone who will keep your secrets and is always on your side.” — Sara Sheridan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of aunt quotes about the power of family love.
More nephew quotes
25. “Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.” – Rabindranath Tagore
26. “Nieces and nephews give you the chance to be the parent you would be if you didn’t have to worry about being a parent.” – Unknown
27. “Just got invited to my nephew’s preschool graduation. I’m actually thrilled he’s decided to finally do something positive with his life.” – Abe Yospe
28. “There’s this boy… he kinda stole my heart, he calls me Auntie.” – Unknown
29. “Turtles are greater than baby nephews, because it’s OK to drop a turtle.” – Demetri Martin
30. “My nephews all look at me differently now. Before, they couldn’t relate to me, and now I’m like a god.” – Ruth Buzzi
Did these nephew quotes inspire you to be the best aunt or uncle
Nephews need a fun aunt or uncle in their life. But that role also comes with some responsibility. While you aren’t responsible for raising the child, you have a chance to point him in the right direction and steer him straight when needed.
You are the adult they feel they can trust to come to for advice because you will protect their secrets and you’re way cooler than their own parents. That’s the fun of having a nephew.
So keep that in mind whether you already have a nephew or you are getting ready to become an aunt or uncle soon.
Did you enjoy these nephew quotes and sayings? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 17, 2020 7:00 AM EST