Nephew Quotes to Make You Love Being an Aunt or Uncle
April 3, 2023 5:00 AM EST
These nephew quotes will show you why having one is so special.
Everyone talks about how special it is to have your own child but having a nephew doesn’t get the attention it deserves.
In the comment section below, let us know which nephew quote you liked the most.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study by the American Psychological Association, aunts and uncles play a crucial role in the lives of their nieces and nephews, offering emotional support and guidance as well as serving as positive role models.
Share your favorite nephew quotes to show how much you care about your nieces and nephews.
What are the benefits of reading these nephew quotes?
Nephews can be fun and wild.
They can be a partner in crime or the person you spend time teasingly tormenting.
There’s nothing like getting back at your sibling by teaching their son the things they don’t want him to know, like stories of what their parent did as a teenager.
These nephew quotes will:
- Help you appreciate and understand the special bond people have with their nephews
- Be a great source for social media captions for all the moments you two will share
- Help you hint to your sibling that you are ready for another nephew… or niece
You get the fun of spending time with your nephew without having to be the person responsible for taking care of them.
It’s the best of both worlds.
Below is our collection of beautiful, inspirational, and loving nephew quotes and sayings collected from various sources over the years.
Don’t also forget to read these children quotes that will fill your heart with love and laughter.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Wild nephew quotes
According to a survey by the Pew Research Center, 63% of adults say they have a special relationship with a particular aunt or uncle, and 55% say they have kept in touch with their aunts and uncles even after moving away.
Use nephew quotes to strengthen your connection with your nieces and nephews, no matter how far apart you may be.
1. “I always joke with people that having nephews is the best birth control there is.” – Tahj Mowry
You will also enjoy our article on brother and sister quotes.
2. “I like being an uncle because there’s no such thing as a deadbeat uncle.” – @nedostup
You will also enjoy our article on grandpa quotes.
3. “If you think I’m fast, just wait until you see my nephew Bruno.” – Ayrton Senna
You will also enjoy our article on futurama quotes.
4. “The best aunts aren’t substitute parents, they’re co-conspirators.” — Daryl Gregory
You will also enjoy our article on luke skywalker quotes.
Nephew quotes about the fun of having one
5. “Every child needs at least one adult who is irrationally crazy about him or her.” — Urie Bronfenbrenner
You will also enjoy our article on the screwtape letters quotes.
6. “The nephew that I know and I love, and I know in my heart.” – Anna Jones
You will also enjoy our article on charles bukowski quotes.
7. “Any day spent with you, my nephew is my favorite day.” – A.A. Milne
You will also enjoy our article on the kite runner quotes.
8. “My nephew doesn’t even like good food; he just wants the toys.” – Julia Sawalha
You will also enjoy our article on alexander hamilton quotes.
9. “I love spending time with you my nephew, and music has always bonded us.” – Jessie J
You will also enjoy our article on breast cancer quotes.
10. “My nephew is a manipulative and scheming. And those are his good qualities.” – Kelley Armstrong
You might also like these niece quotes for every proud aunt and uncle.
Uncle and nephew quotes
According to a study by the University of Wisconsin-Madison, aunts and uncles can play a key role in helping to transmit family traditions and values across generations.
Share nephew quotes to show your nephews how important family is to you, and to help pass on your family’s unique history and culture.
11. “It’s really important to me that my nephews can come and see my show.” – Jessie J
You will also enjoy our article on celebrating children with a p a r t y.
12. “I’ve got loads of nieces and nephews.” – Karl Pilkington
You will also enjoy our article on sibling quotes.
13. “But if I were you, I would stand by the nephew. He has more to give.” – Jane Austen
You will also enjoy our article on Samurai quotes.
14. “I sort of like bumper cars but I don’t really go to Disneyland all that much unless if have my nephews.” — Anjelica Huston
You will also enjoy our article on Madea quotes.
15. “I’m definitely going to be setting up a trust fund for my little nephew.” — Chad Michaels
Relationship with a nephew quotes
A study published in the Journal of Marriage and Family found that aunts and uncles can provide unique forms of support to their nephews, such as mentorship, role modeling, and exposure to new experiences and ideas.
The study found that these forms of support were especially important for nephews who may not have a positive relationship with their parents or who may be facing challenges in their lives.
16. “My nephews all look at me differently now. Before, they couldn’t relate to me, and now I’m like a god.” – Ruth Buzzi
You will also enjoy our article on preschool quotes.
17. “Sometimes, the littlest things take up the most room in your heart.” — Winnie the Pooh
You will also enjoy our article on sister-in-law quotes.
18. “Everyone had an uncle who tried to steal their nose.” – Peter Kay
19. “To me, my nephew is the angel of my world. It is my absolute happiest moment whenever he smiles at me.” – Li Bingbing
20. “Finally, a Thanksgiving without a drunken uncle. Just me, my nieces and nephews and my bottle of Jack Daniels.” – Conan O’Brien
21. “There’s something so great about being with your nephew and, when you’re tired, just handing him off back to your sister.” – Tahj Mowry
If you enjoy these quotes, read our collection of funny sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
22. “Every time I go to my nephews’ house he wishes to show me all his drawings. I know I’m biased but those things belong in a museum.” – James Avery
23. “It distresses me when I take my seven-year-old nephew out. I cook healthy food, and he wants to go to McDonald’s.” – Julia Sawalha
24. “An aunt is a safe haven for a child. Someone who will keep your secrets and is always on your side.” — Sara Sheridan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of aunt quotes about the power of family love.
Nephew quotes that he’ll love
According to a study by the Pew Research Center, in 2021, there were approximately 55 million children living in the United States who were under the age of 18 and about 23% of those children were living in households with an unmarried parent.
This statistic highlights the growing number of families that may include aunts and uncles as important caregivers and role models for their nephews.
25. “Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.” – Rabindranath Tagore
26. “Dear nephew, as you will already have realized during our much too brief companionship, I am essentially a man of principle.” – Franz Kafka
27. “I always ask my crying nephew, ‘Dude why are you crying? Your life is great. All you do is eat apple sauce and take naps. That’s your day’.” – Hannibal Buress
28. “Just got invited to my nephew’s preschool graduation. I’m actually thrilled he’s decided to finally do something positive with his life.” – Abe Yospe
29. “Turtles are greater than baby nephews, because it’s OK to drop a turtle.” – Demetri Martin
30. “My nephew is manipulative and scheming. And those are his good qualities.” – Kelley Armstrong
You might also like these cousin quotes that perfectly describe your bond.
Nephew quotes from aunt and uncle
The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development reports that having positive relationships with extended family members, such as aunts and uncles, can be especially important for children who may not have a positive relationship with their parents or who are experiencing family conflict or stress.
This highlights the potential role that aunts and uncles can play in supporting their nephews.
31. “My 2-yr-old nephew learned to imitate laser beam sounds, a rite of childhood. Getting hit with a lot of imaginary beams, a rite of unclehood.” – Matthew Pleasant
32. “Well, I’m an uncle now… don’t know if I’m a good one. My nephew asked me the difference between a hamster and a gerbil and I told him I thought there was more dark meat on a gerbil.” – Bobcat Goldthwait
33. “Happiness is actually found in simple things, such as taking my nephew around the island by bicycle or seeing the stars at night. We go to coffee shops or see airplanes land at the airport.” – Andrea Hirata
34. “I’m a pretty agile guy, especially being taller and having done martial arts from about the age of 13, but parkour is one of those sports that I wish I’d discovered sooner. When my nephew first showed me, I thought ‘Damn – I’m too old for this.’” – Paul Walker (see more Paul Walker quotes)
35. “Shopping for kids for Christmas presents is so much fun but having a kid sounds like too much work so being an uncle is the perfect scenario! Glad my sister had a baby so I don’t have to!” – Ricky Dillon
36. “Nephew’s hair got so blonde this summer it looks peroxided. He is getting it cut so kids won’t think he is punk. I have failed as an uncle.” – Unknown
37. “Nieces and nephews give you the chance to be the parent you would be if you didn’t have to worry about being a parent.” – Unknown
38. “Uncles are there to help the child get into mischief that they haven’t thought of yet.” – Unknown
39. “I never dreamed I would be a super cool aunt, but here I am killing it.” – Unknown
40. “There’s this boy… he kinda stole my heart, he calls me Auntie.” – Unknown
Nephew quotes to remind you of that awesome boy
A study conducted by Harvard University found that having a close relationship with a nephew can positively impact mental health.
This statistic can be used to emphasize the importance of having a strong bond with a nephew, and how it can benefit both parties in the relationship.
41. “An unlikely source of inspiration? My nieces and nephews. I feel encouraged to keep going because I know that if I keep going, then I can tell them to keep going.” –KiKi Layne
42. “I feel very much like a father sometimes to my nephew but sometimes I feel like a teammate.” – Dusty Baker
43. “Today I am forcing my nephews to watch my favorite movie, Seven Samurai, because even if you have a cool uncle, sometimes the price is enduring a 3+ hour subtitled black & white movie on vacation.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda
44. “Wherever my nephew will be, there my love will also be.” –Author Unknown
45. “One of the best things in life that I get to do is to love, pamper, and fuss over my little nephew.” –Author Unknown
46. “I really want my nephew to have a little bit of an advantage over everyone when it comes time for him to make his way in the world.” – Chad Michaels
47. “Nephews like you are precious gold because they keep their uncles from getting old.” –Author Unknown
48. “My nephew feels like he has got me under his command. Well, he is right.” –Author Unknown
49. “Great! I now have a nephew who will inherit the greatness of his uncle.” –Author Unknown
50. “Behind every great nephew is an aunt cheering him on.” –Author Unknown
Nephew quotes on why they are the son that we never had
According to a survey by the Pew Research Center, 79% of Americans believe that family is the most important thing in their lives.
This statistic can be used to show that people value their family relationships and that quotes about nephews can resonate with readers who prioritize family connections.
51. “When my nephew was 3 and 4, he would say the most genius things. He said, You’re hammer macho with FBI dogs. I thought it was just one of those great lines.” – Beck
52. “I have three incredible nieces and a nephew who’s going off to college. To hear them say they’re proud of me left me in tears.” – Tamron Hall
53. “I get to have Sunday lunch at my mum’s, pick my nephew up from school now and then: it’s a very normal life.” – Vicky McClure
54. “Why should I marry? One marries to have children, but I already have children! My nieces and nephews are my children.” – Salman Khan
55. “I have two new nephews and a new niece this year, so I have plenty of kids that I can spend time with.” – Anjelica Huston
56. “I went to pick up my nephew from primary school, and one of the teachers there stopped me and said, ‘My son listens to you.’ That’s quite an awkward thing.” – Stormzy
57. “I have a transgender nephew on my father’s side of the family. So I’m extremely aware of how important it is to support and advocate for young people who are experiencing that in their lives.” – Emma Walton Hamilton
58. “There are many ways to be a mother. I have a lot of young actors I mentor, and my nieces and my nephews need a lot of love.” – Kim Cattrall
59. “I’m the age where we didn’t have television as kids. So when I saw my nieces and nephews watching Howdy Doody, Kukla, Fran and Ollie, and so forth, I thought the world had gone mad.” – Jack Nicholson
60. “To find out who you are is like putting yourself on a psychiatric couch, but you have nobody to help you. Really it isn’t easy. I was talking with my nephew this morning and he gave me one of the best quotes I’ve heard in years ‘Personal style is curiosity about oneself.'” – Iris Apfel
Nephew Quotes About Their Bond
A study by the University of Cambridge found that spending time with family members can lead to increased happiness and satisfaction with life.
Using quotes about nephews can encourage readers to spend more time with their own family members, which can lead to greater happiness and fulfillment.
61. “Dear Nephew, I love taking you to the island by bicycle or seeing the stars at night. Let’s go to coffee shops or see airplanes land at the airport.” — Andrea Hirata
62. “I think there are many Democrats who are good, strong leaders. The person I like the most over everyone is my nephew.” — Kerry Kennedy
63. “My nephew has HDADHD. High Definition Attention Deficit Disorder. He can barely pay attention, but when he does it’s unbelievably clear.” — Steven Wright
64. “I told my nephew that if he wanted to get on in motor racing, the first thing he should do was master English. Thank goodness he now speaks it.” — Juan Manuel Fangio
65. “You, know I’m the Queen’s favorite great-nephew, Well, yeah I’m her only great-nephew, but that’s not important, I’d still be her favorite” — Richelle Mead
66. “Hey, I’m just looking for an excuse to retire so I can play summer league baseball, go coach my nephews, and play pickup basketball. I’ve always had that ability to move on to the next thing.” — Doug Flutie
67. “Honestly, I don’t think I would have been that quick or even thought to do that. I’m just grateful he’s alright, and I can’t thank my nephew enough for what he did.” — Donna King
68. “I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke.” — Jack Handy
69. “Nothin like teaching your 3 ½ year old nephew about the joys of a whoopie cushion and throwing a football in one night! Sweet Uncledom!” – Brandon Barash
70. “Electricity can be dangerous. My nephew tried to stick a penny into a plug. Whoever said a penny doesn’t go far didn’t see him shoot across that floor. I told him he was grounded.” – Tim Allen
Thought Provoking Nephew Quotes
71. “The only siblings I have are half-siblings. My nuclear family would have been an extra-suffocating threesome. Instead, I have an interesting brother and sister, in-laws, and darling nephews.” — Jane Smiley
72. “Tori’s my legal name. My niece and nephews, they all call me Aunt Ellen, because I went by my middle name years ago, before I turned 18.” — Tori Amos
73. “I mostly make R-rated movies. To make a movie that one day if I have kids or my nephews want to watch, I can show them without being put in prison. It would be really nice.” — Jonah Hill
74. “My nieces and my nephews think the only thing that I do is ‘Ice Age.’ That’s fine with me because pretty soon they’ll grow up enough to realize that I suck or that my time has passed, whichever it might be.” — Denis Leary
75. “Plato once wanted to punish one of his slaves and asked his nephew to do the actual whipping for he himself did not own his anger.” — Seneca the Younger
76. “How wrong Emily Dickinson was! Hope is not “the thing with feathers.” The thing with feathers has turned out to be my nephew. I must take him to a specialist in Zurich.” — Woody Allen
77. “Christmas a humbug, uncle!” said Scrooge’s nephew. “You don’t mean that, I am sure?” “I do,” said Scrooge. “Merry Christmas! What right have you to be merry? What reason have you to be merry? You’re poor enough.” — Charles Dickens
78. “To be on television and have my nieces and nephews see me, and seeing them wear my shirt to the games and be proud, it’s so sweet. Sometimes it feels like it’s just a dream.” — Sue Wicks
79. “My wife and I were shopping for the whole family. In the music department my wife said, “Let’s get your nephew a set of drums. That’s what your brother did to us last year.” — Milton Berle
80. “Ask me a question about paparazzi, and I get so heated. And I feel so bad for the young kids of celebrities. My nieces and nephews get yelled at, and I’m like, ‘You are yelling at a 2-year-old.’” — Kendall Jenner
Nephew Quotes About Spending Quality Time With Them
81. “My first nephew, he couldn’t say Auntie Nicole, so he called me Coco.” ― Nikki Bella
82. “To be on television and have my nephews see me, and seeing them wear my shirt to the games and be proud, it’s so sweet.” ― Susan Joy Wicks
83. “I’ve had two young children close to me born into the world—my nephew and my goddaughter.” ― Michael Clarke
84. “He’s a bootlegger….One time he killed a man who found out that he was nephew to Von Hindenburg and second cousin to the devil.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
85. “It takes a year, nephew… a full turn of the calendar, to get over losing someone.” ― Annie Proulx
86. “I’ve helped with nephews, stepchildren, and my own son, so the biggest challenge is making sure the kids are raised and finding enough quality time with them.” ― Reba McEntire
87. “I choose parts because I don’t want to be embarrassed when the movie comes out. What if my nephew wandered into the theater and saw the movie?” ― Wallace Shawn
88. “My nephew insists 93 comes after 38. Looks like I’ve found the one who allotted noida its sectors.” ― Nitya Prakash
89. “I’m not a fan of Star Wars. That is not for me. That is for my nephews and nieces. I don’t get it.” ― William Friedkin
90. “What, nephew, said the king, is the wind in that door?” ― Thomas Malory
Nephew Quotes For Hanging Out With Them
91. “I love spending time with my dog, my nephew and my family. I’m very family-oriented.” — Lil’ Kim
92. “I have a 92 year old father who’s doing beautifully who lives in Chicago and a sister and a nephew and I love coming back and try to do so fairly often.” — Bob Balaban
93. “It is my principles that have made me what I am, and no one can ask me to deny my fundamental self. Not even you, my dear nephew.” — Franz Kafka
94. “I have experience seducing nephews.” — Gina Lollobrigida
95. “I like to take pictures of lots of things: people-such as my nephews, my dogs, and just interesting objects that I see. For instance, I might take a picture of flowers by the side of the road, an old sign or a fence.” — Lacey Chabert
96. “It is not the rich man’s son that the young struggler for advancement has to fear in the race for life, nor his nephew, nor his cousin. Let him look out for the dark horse in the boy who begins by sweeping out the office.” — Andrew Carnegie
97. “Until I can find a man who can tell me the dates of all of his nieces and nephews birthdays and get presents out to them regularly, I’m going to stay by that statement.” — Cokie Roberts
98. “That said, I like to be a typical girl and go shopping. I have three nieces and nephews that I like to hang out with.” — Diana Lopez
99. “I learned from my uncle that jazz, like symphony music, was built to last.” — David Amram
100. “Why can’t I love him (a 2 yr old nephew) from afar? That’s how I want to love him – through pictures and folklore.” — Ray Romano
Nephew Quotes For Seeking Attention
101. “I still see Prince George as my nephew, and I just want to be the best uncle possible.” — James William Middleton
102. “Whether you’re a mother or father, or a husband or a son, or a niece or a nephew or uncle, breast cancer doesn’t discriminate.” — Stephanie McMahon
103. “The sons of York will destroy each other, one brother destroying another, uncles devouring nephews, fathers beheading sons. They are a house which has to have blood, and they will shed their own if they have no other enemy.” — Philippa Gregory
104. “In moments when I question if I should be having kids, I think of all those phone calls from my sister-in-law, in which, 3,000 miles away, I hear my nephews screaming for her attention.” — Beth Ditto
105. “As a matter of fact, I am an uncle. I have nine nephews and nieces. I’m not sure if they think I’m all that quick with a quip. But I’m quick with a spank.” — Dean Norris
106. “Eyes Wide Open’ took shape from two real life events straight from my own past. One was the sad suicide of my young nephew, a troubled kid, who was found at the bottom of a landmark cliff in central California.” — Andrew Gross
107. “[He] saw that a peculiar expression had come into his nephew’s face; an expression a little like that of a young hindu fakir who having settled himself on his first bed of spikes is beginning to wish that he had chosen one of the easier religions.” — P. G. Wodehouse
108. “Real budgeting and accounting procedures are in place; so are real professionals, not somebody’s nephew.” — George Weigel
109. “Tyler Perry’s ‘Madea Goes to Jail!’ Which, I have to tell you, of everything that I’ve ever done in my career, that’s the only thing that’s perked up the ears of my nieces and nephews.” — Viola Davis
110. “Dyan Favre, Brett’s nephew, is also a gem. Not just a favorite person from the book – a favorite person, period. I actually wound up writing this about him. Simply a good, righteous man.” — Jeff Pearlman
Heartwarming Nephew Quotes About the Joys of Being an Uncle or Aunt
111. “I can’t work out and *not* be watching or listening to music or something. I also journal a lot. I think writing is super therapeutic. And then, hanging with my nieces and nephews. Just like baking or doing silly stuff like jumping on a trampoline, doing fun things with them, pretending I’m five with them, that makes my day.” ― Khloe Kardashian
112. “I was raised in a very faith-filled household, very hardworking. It made me aware of what privilege is. And it’s a place I can go back to, spend time with nieces and nephews, celebrate the things that have nothing to do with the hubbub of Hollywood.” ― Nicholas D’Agosto
113. “The closer the genetic relationship of the family members, as for example father-to-son, as opposed to uncle-to-nephew, the higher the degree of cooperation.” ― E. O. Wilson
114. “No matter what, I always make it home for Christmas. I love to go to my Tennessee Mountain Home and invite all of my nieces and nephews and their spouses and kids and do what we all like to do – eat, laugh, trade presents and just enjoy each other… and sometimes I even dress up like Santa Claus!” ― Dolly Parton
115. “She gave me another of those long keen looks, and I could see that she was again asking herself if her favourite nephew wasn’t steeped to the tonsils in the juice of the grape.” ― P. G. Wodehouse
116. “My father’s best friend, Georgie Terra, was an Italian guy. The children and the cousins and nieces and nephews were children of the Mafia. Those were the children he grew up with. If you want to go to a safe neighborhood, go to where the Mafia is.” ― Louis Gossett, Jr.
117. “Come, then,” returned the nephew gaily. “What right have you to be dismal? What reason have you to be morose? You’re rich enough.” ― Charles Dickens
118. “What Uncle Leo XIII never suspected was that his nephew’s courage did not come from the need to survive or from a brute indifference inherited from his father, but from a driving need for love, which no obstacle in this world or the next would ever break.” ― Gabriel Garcia Marquez
119. “I would not be a good mother. I mean, I love being an aunt to my niece and nephew. And I used to want to, like, adopt 10 kids – because I had friends who were adopted, and I thought that was the coolest thing, to be chosen. But again, my job is too selfish.” ― Kelly Clarkson
120. “But oh, beamish nephew, beware of the day, If your Snark be a Boojum! for then You will softly and suddenly vanish away, And never be met with again!” ― Lewis Carroll
Nephew Quotes by Celebrities on the Joys and Inspiration of Being an Uncle/Aunt to a Nephew
121. “My nephew is a constant reminder of the beauty of life. He’s brought so much love and laughter into my world.” ― Bruce Springsteen
122. “My nephew is the most precious thing in my life. He’s brought so much joy and happiness to my world.” ― Selena Gomez
123. “My nephew is a living reminder that the future is in good hands.” ― Barack Obama
124. “Being aunts and uncles means you are part of something very wonderful. It means you are family.” ― Margaret Wild
125. “My nephew is a constant source of inspiration. He’s taught me so much about resilience and perseverance.” ― Will Smith
126. “I’m so proud of the young man my nephew is becoming. He’s kind, hardworking, and has a passion for learning.” ― Michael Jordan
127. “My nephew is a constant reminder of the beauty and innocence of childhood.” ― Mark Twain
128. “My nephew is the joy of my life. He brings so much laughter and love into our home.” ― Oprah Winfrey
129. “Being an uncle, and now a great-uncle, has taught me the joy of passing on the things I know and love.” ― Anthony Bourdain
130. “My nephew has a bright future ahead of him. He’s smart, ambitious, and has a heart of gold.” ― Beyonce
Did these nephew quotes inspire you to be the best aunt or uncle
Nephews need a fun aunt or uncle in their life.
But that role also comes with some responsibility.
While you aren’t responsible for raising the child, you point him in the right direction and steer him straight when needed.
You are the adult they feel they can trust to come to for advice because you will protect their secrets, and you’re way cooler than their parents.
That’s the fun of having a nephew.
So keep that in mind whether you already have a nephew or are getting ready to become an aunt or uncle soon.
Did you enjoy these nephew quotes and sayings?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
June 12, 2022 at 7:20 AM
I have a newly discovered 18? Nephew. I can’t wait to use some of these. He’s awesome. I’m having three time of my life getting to know him.
I picked out 7,22,25,26,28,38 and 45
Danielle Dahl, Lead Contributor
June 13, 2022 at 1:12 PM
Congratulations! Enjoy this new blessing in your life! We are glad that these quotes resonated with you. We also hope you enjoy some of the other content on our site.