These nephew quotes will show you why having one is so special.
Everyone talks about how special it is to have your own child but having a nephew doesn’t get the attention it deserves.
In the comment section below, let us know which nephew quote you liked the most.
What are the benefits of reading these nephew quotes?
Nephews can be fun and wild.
They can be a partner in crime or the person you spend time teasingly tormenting.
There’s nothing like getting back at your sibling by teaching their son the things they don’t want him to know, like stories of what their parent did as a teenager.
These nephew quotes will:
- Help you appreciate and understand the special bond people have with their nephews
- Be a great source for social media captions for all the moments you two will share
- Help you hint to your sibling that you are ready for another nephew… or niece
You get the fun of spending time with your nephew without having to be the person responsible for taking care of them.
It’s the best of both worlds.
Below is our collection of beautiful, inspirational, and loving nephew quotes and sayings collected from various sources over the years.
Don’t also forget to read these children quotes that will fill your heart with love and laughter.
Wild nephew quotes
1. “I always joke with people that having nephews is the best birth control there is.” – Tahj Mowry
2. “I like being an uncle because there’s no such thing as a deadbeat uncle.” – @nedostup
3. “If you think I’m fast, just wait until you see my nephew Bruno.” – Ayrton Senna
4. “The best aunts aren’t substitute parents, they’re co-conspirators.” — Daryl Gregory
Nephew quotes about the fun of having one
5. “Every child needs at least one adult who is irrationally crazy about him or her.” — Urie Bronfenbrenner
6. “The nephew that I know and I love, and I know in my heart.” – Anna Jones
7. “Any day spent with you, my nephew is my favorite day.” – A.A. Milne
8. “My nephew doesn’t even like good food; he just wants the toys.” – Julia Sawalha
9. “I love spending time with you my nephew, and music has always bonded us.” – Jessie J
10. “My nephew is a manipulative and scheming. And those are his good qualities.” – Kelley Armstrong
You might also like these niece quotes for every proud aunt and uncle.
Uncle and nephew quotes
11. “It’s really important to me that my nephews can come and see my show.” – Jessie J
12. “I’ve got loads of nieces and nephews.” – Karl Pilkington
13. “But if I were you, I would stand by the nephew. He has more to give.” – Jane Austen
14. “I sort of like bumper cars but I don’t really go to Disneyland all that much unless if have my nephews.” — Anjelica Huston
15. “I’m definitely going to be setting up a trust fund for my little nephew.” — Chad Michaels
Relationship with a nephew quotes
16. “My nephews all look at me differently now. Before, they couldn’t relate to me, and now I’m like a god.” – Ruth Buzzi
17. “Sometimes, the littlest things take up the most room in your heart.” — Winnie the Pooh
18. “Everyone had an uncle who tried to steal their nose.” – Peter Kay
19. “To me, my nephew is the angel of my world. It is my absolute happiest moment whenever he smiles at me.” – Li Bingbing
20. “Finally, a Thanksgiving without a drunken uncle. Just me, my nieces and nephews and my bottle of Jack Daniels.” – Conan O’Brien
21. “There’s something so great about being with your nephew and, when you’re tired, just handing him off back to your sister.” – Tahj Mowry
If you enjoy these quotes, read our collection of funny sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
22. “Every time I go to my nephews’ house he wishes to show me all his drawings. I know I’m biased but those things belong in a museum.” – James Avery
23. “It distresses me when I take my seven-year-old nephew out. I cook healthy food, and he wants to go to McDonald’s.” – Julia Sawalha
24. “An aunt is a safe haven for a child. Someone who will keep your secrets and is always on your side.” — Sara Sheridan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of aunt quotes about the power of family love.
Nephew quotes that he’ll love
25. “Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.” – Rabindranath Tagore
26. “Dear nephew, as you will already have realized during our much too brief companionship, I am essentially a man of principle.” – Franz Kafka
27. “I always ask my crying nephew, ‘Dude why are you crying? Your life is great. All you do is eat apple sauce and take naps. That’s your day’.” – Hannibal Buress
28. “Just got invited to my nephew’s preschool graduation. I’m actually thrilled he’s decided to finally do something positive with his life.” – Abe Yospe
29. “Turtles are greater than baby nephews, because it’s OK to drop a turtle.” – Demetri Martin
30. “My nephew is manipulative and scheming. And those are his good qualities.” – Kelley Armstrong
You might also like these cousin quotes that perfectly describe your bond.
Nephew quotes from aunt and uncle
31. “My 2-yr-old nephew learned to imitate laser beam sounds, a rite of childhood. Getting hit with a lot of imaginary beams, a rite of unclehood.” – Matthew Pleasant
32. “Well, I’m an uncle now… don’t know if I’m a good one. My nephew asked me the difference between a hamster and a gerbil and I told him I thought there was more dark meat on a gerbil.” – Bobcat Goldthwait
33. “Happiness is actually found in simple things, such as taking my nephew around the island by bicycle or seeing the stars at night. We go to coffee shops or see airplanes land at the airport.” – Andrea Hirata
34. “I’m a pretty agile guy, especially being taller and having done martial arts from about the age of 13, but parkour is one of those sports that I wish I’d discovered sooner. When my nephew first showed me, I thought ‘Damn – I’m too old for this.’” – Paul Walker (see more Paul Walker quotes)
35. “Shopping for kids for Christmas presents is so much fun but having a kid sounds like too much work so being an uncle is the perfect scenario! Glad my sister had a baby so I don’t have to!” – Ricky Dillon
36. “Nephew’s hair got so blonde this summer it looks peroxided. He is getting it cut so kids won’t think he is punk. I have failed as an uncle.” – Unknown
37. “Nieces and nephews give you the chance to be the parent you would be if you didn’t have to worry about being a parent.” – Unknown
38. “Uncles are there to help the child get into mischief that they haven’t thought of yet.” – Unknown
39. “I never dreamed I would be a super cool aunt, but here I am killing it.” – Unknown
40. “There’s this boy… he kinda stole my heart, he calls me Auntie.” – Unknown
Nephew quotes to remind you of that awesome boy
41. “An unlikely source of inspiration? My nieces and nephews. I feel encouraged to keep going because I know that if I keep going, then I can tell them to keep going.” –KiKi Layne
42. “I feel very much like a father sometimes to my nephew but sometimes I feel like a teammate.” – Dusty Baker
43. “Today I am forcing my nephews to watch my favorite movie, Seven Samurai, because even if you have a cool uncle, sometimes the price is enduring a 3+ hour subtitled black & white movie on vacation.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda
44. “Wherever my nephew will be, there my love will also be.” –Author Unknown
45. “One of the best things in life that I get to do is to love, pamper, and fuss over my little nephew.” –Author Unknown
46. “I really want my nephew to have a little bit of an advantage over everyone when it comes time for him to make his way in the world.” – Chad Michaels
47. “Nephews like you are precious gold because they keep their uncles from getting old.” –Author Unknown
48. “My nephew feels like he has got me under his command. Well, he is right.” –Author Unknown
49. “Great! I now have a nephew who will inherit the greatness of his uncle.” –Author Unknown
50. “Behind every great nephew is an aunt cheering him on.” –Author Unknown
Nephew quotes on why they are the son that we never had
51. “When my nephew was 3 and 4, he would say the most genius things. He said, You’re hammer macho with FBI dogs. I thought it was just one of those great lines.” – Beck
52. “I have three incredible nieces and a nephew who’s going off to college. To hear them say they’re proud of me left me in tears.” – Tamron Hall
53. “I get to have Sunday lunch at my mum’s, pick my nephew up from school now and then: it’s a very normal life.” – Vicky McClure
54. “Why should I marry? One marries to have children, but I already have children! My nieces and nephews are my children.” – Salman Khan
55. “I have two new nephews and a new niece this year, so I have plenty of kids that I can spend time with.” – Anjelica Huston
56. “I went to pick up my nephew from primary school, and one of the teachers there stopped me and said, ‘My son listens to you.’ That’s quite an awkward thing.” – Stormzy
57. “I have a transgender nephew on my father’s side of the family. So I’m extremely aware of how important it is to support and advocate for young people who are experiencing that in their lives.” – Emma Walton Hamilton
58. “There are many ways to be a mother. I have a lot of young actors I mentor, and my nieces and my nephews need a lot of love.” – Kim Cattrall
59. “I’m the age where we didn’t have television as kids. So when I saw my nieces and nephews watching Howdy Doody, Kukla, Fran and Ollie, and so forth, I thought the world had gone mad.” – Jack Nicholson
60. “To find out who you are is like putting yourself on a psychiatric couch, but you have nobody to help you. Really it isn’t easy. I was talking with my nephew this morning and he gave me one of the best quotes I’ve heard in years ‘Personal style is curiosity about oneself.'” – Iris Apfel
Nephew Quotes About Their Bond
61. “Dear Nephew, I love taking you to the island by bicycle or seeing the stars at night. Let’s go to coffee shops or see airplanes land at the airport.” — Andrea Hirata
62. “I think there are many Democrats who are good, strong leaders. The person I like the most over everyone is my nephew.” — Kerry Kennedy
63. “My nephew has HDADHD. High Definition Attention Deficit Disorder. He can barely pay attention, but when he does it’s unbelievably clear.” — Steven Wright
64. “I told my nephew that if he wanted to get on in motor racing, the first thing he should do was master English. Thank goodness he now speaks it.” — Juan Manuel Fangio
65. “You, know I’m the Queen’s favorite great-nephew, Well, yeah I’m her only great-nephew, but that’s not important, I’d still be her favorite” — Richelle Mead
66. “Hey, I’m just looking for an excuse to retire so I can play summer league baseball, go coach my nephews, and play pickup basketball. I’ve always had that ability to move on to the next thing.” — Doug Flutie
67. “Honestly, I don’t think I would have been that quick or even thought to do that. I’m just grateful he’s alright, and I can’t thank my nephew enough for what he did.” — Donna King
68. “I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke.” — Jack Handy
69. “Nothin like teaching your 3 ½ year old nephew about the joys of a whoopie cushion and throwing a football in one night! Sweet Uncledom!” – Brandon Barash
70. “Electricity can be dangerous. My nephew tried to stick a penny into a plug. Whoever said a penny doesn’t go far didn’t see him shoot across that floor. I told him he was grounded.” – Tim Allen
Thought Provoking Nephew Quotes
71. “The only siblings I have are half-siblings. My nuclear family would have been an extra-suffocating threesome. Instead, I have an interesting brother and sister, in-laws, and darling nephews.” — Jane Smiley
72. “Tori’s my legal name. My niece and nephews, they all call me Aunt Ellen, because I went by my middle name years ago, before I turned 18.” — Tori Amos
73. “I mostly make R-rated movies. To make a movie that one day if I have kids or my nephews want to watch, I can show them without being put in prison. It would be really nice.” — Jonah Hill
74. “My nieces and my nephews think the only thing that I do is ‘Ice Age.’ That’s fine with me because pretty soon they’ll grow up enough to realize that I suck or that my time has passed, whichever it might be.” — Denis Leary
75. “Plato once wanted to punish one of his slaves and asked his nephew to do the actual whipping for he himself did not own his anger.” — Seneca the Younger
76. “How wrong Emily Dickinson was! Hope is not “the thing with feathers.” The thing with feathers has turned out to be my nephew. I must take him to a specialist in Zurich.” — Woody Allen
77. “Christmas a humbug, uncle!” said Scrooge’s nephew. “You don’t mean that, I am sure?” “I do,” said Scrooge. “Merry Christmas! What right have you to be merry? What reason have you to be merry? You’re poor enough.” — Charles Dickens
78. “To be on television and have my nieces and nephews see me, and seeing them wear my shirt to the games and be proud, it’s so sweet. Sometimes it feels like it’s just a dream.” — Sue Wicks
79. “My wife and I were shopping for the whole family. In the music department my wife said, “Let’s get your nephew a set of drums. That’s what your brother did to us last year.” — Milton Berle
80. “Ask me a question about paparazzi, and I get so heated. And I feel so bad for the young kids of celebrities. My nieces and nephews get yelled at, and I’m like, ‘You are yelling at a 2-year-old.’” — Kendall Jenner
Did these nephew quotes inspire you to be the best aunt or uncle
Nephews need a fun aunt or uncle in their life.
But that role also comes with some responsibility.
While you aren’t responsible for raising the child, you point him in the right direction and steer him straight when needed.
You are the adult they feel they can trust to come to for advice because you will protect their secrets, and you’re way cooler than their parents.
That’s the fun of having a nephew.
So keep that in mind whether you already have a nephew or are getting ready to become an aunt or uncle soon.
Did you enjoy these nephew quotes and sayings?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
September 14, 2022 5:00 AM EST