Fans of fantasy will love these What Dreams May Come quotes!
What Dreams May Come is a fantasy drama movie released in 1998 that was adapted from Richard Matheson’s 1978 novel of the same name.
Vincent Ward directed the movie, which starred Robin Williams, Annabella Sciorra, and Cuba Gooding Jr.
The movie was met with mixed reviews and underperformed at the box office.
It grossed $75.4 million against its $85-90 million budget but went on to win multiple awards.
The movie’s plot follows pediatrician Chris Nielsen and artist Annie Collins, who meet on vacation in Switzerland, fall in love, and marry.
They have children, but tragedy strikes when the two children, Ian and Marie, are killed in a car crash, and four years later, Chris is also killed in a car crash.
Take a look at these What Dreams May Come quotes to learn more about the movie.
Best What Dreams May Come Quotes from Chris
You see Chris’ love for Annie in the following quotes.
1. “When I was young, I met this beautiful girl by a lake.” — Chris
2. “I apologize for every time I failed you. Especially this one.” — Chris
3. “What’s true in our minds is true, whether some people know it or not.” — Chris
4. “It’s not about understanding; it’s about not giving up.” — Chris
5. “Oh, come on, Einstein! Time’s not on my watch anymore.” — Chris
6. “Stick around, chief. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.” — Chris
7. “Thank you for being someone I was always proud to be with.” — Chris
8. “What some folks call impossible is just stuff they haven’t seen before.” — Chris
9. “It’s a dream, baby, it’s a beautiful one, but you know dreams…” — Chris
10. “Is that a kind of occupational hazard of soul mates? One’s not much without the other?” — Chris
11. “For being so wonderful, a guy would choose Hell over Heaven just to hang around you.” — Chris
12. “A whole human life is just a heartbeat here in Heaven. Then we’ll all be together forever.” — Chris
13. “Time does not exist here. And wherever it went, it’s not going to make me need Annie any less.” — Chris
14. “See, when he looks in his kid’s eyes and that kid knows that his dad really, really sees him… he sees who he is. Then that child knows that he is an amazing person.” — Chris
15. “He pushed away from the pain so hard he disconnected himself from the person he loved most. Sometimes when you win, you lose.” — Chris
16. “I just wanted us to be old together, just two old farts laughin’ at each other as our bodies fell apart, together at the end by that lake in your painting.” — Chris
When Dreams May Come Quotes from the Other Characters
Enjoy these quotes that help tell more of the story from When Dreams May Come.
17. “A whole family lost to car crashes. Enough to make a person buy a bike.” — Annie
18. “Soulmates. It’s extremely rare, but it exists.” — Albert
19. “Are you losing your fear?” — Albert
20. “This is the guy who doesn’t give up.” — The Tracker
21. “Bring Mom back. You can do it.” — Albert
22. “Well, that’s my role. To bring adventure to your life.” — Annie
23. “Paintings were his obsession. He used art as another way to love me, to help me.” — Annie
24. “Where were you just now? Your mind’s been wondering all afternoon.” — Leona
25. “Dear Diary, I am writing in your bullshit pages because my shrink is crazier than I am. He thinks you’re therapy.” — Annie
What Happens When Chris Dies?
When Chris passes away, he wakes up and doesn’t realize he is dead.
He is still trapped on Earth and can see his wife’s pain but cannot help her, and she eventually commits suicide.
This sends Annie to Hell, but Chris is up in Heaven with the kids, with no way of helping Annie.
Chris’s mentor Albert shows up and helps Chris descend into hell to save Annie and bring her to Heaven, which he eventually does.
Please share these What Dream May Come quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about the movie in the comment section below.
Like quotes from fantasy movies?
Then check out these Howl’s Moving Castle Quotes!