Music fans will love our awesome Radiohead quotes!
Radiohead is one of the most successful bands to come out of England.
Their hits have spanned decades, and their fanbase continues to grow.
Check out our Radiohead quotes below to learn more.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Who is Radiohead?
Radiohead are an English rock band from Oxfordshire, England.
They have sold out large arenas, and several of their albums have achieved platinum status.
The band comprises vocalist Thom Yorke, brothers Jonny and Colin Greenwood, Ed O’Brien, and Philp Selway.
Check out these cool Radiohead facts below:
- Rolling Stone readers voted Radiohead as the # 2 band of the 2000s.
- Radiohead was inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2019.
- Radiohead was featured as one of the 100 greatest bands of all time by Rolling Stone Magazine.
What is Radiohead known for?
Radiohead is a band known for its deep lyrics and beautiful melodies.
Their first album Pablo Honey included their debut single, Creep, which became a worldwide hit in 1993.
Their popularity grew with the release of their second album, The Bends.
Their third album OK Computer explored complex sounds and focused on themes of modern alienation.
Many remember this album for the hit songs Paranoid Android and Karma Police.
The band has produced music that addresses worldwide issues for nearly four decades.
What is Radiohead’s music about?
Radiohead makes music for the people that reflect the times.
Sonically, the band composes complex unnatural sounds organized into melodic layers that engage the audience.
The band is unique in both sound and subject matter.
They cover various topics, from relationships, self-esteem, loneliness, technology, and disappointment.
What are Radiohead fans called?
Many bands have loyal followings.
Fans who love The Grateful Dead are called Deadheads, the Beatles had Beatlemaniacs, and Beyonce has the Beyhive.
So what about Radiohead fans?
Radiohead fans are called radioheads.
To learn more, check out our Radiohead quotes below.
Check out our collection of Metallica quotes if you enjoy this article.
Short Radiohead quotes from 2+2=5 about Orwellian mind control
2+2=5 was a slogan used for mind control in George Orwell’s 1984.
1. “It is too late now.” — Radiohead, 2+2=5, Hail to the Thief
2. “There is no way out.” — Radiohead, 2+2=5, Hail to the Thief
3. “It’s the devil’s way now.” — Radiohead, 2+2=5, Hail to the Thief
4. “Don’t question my authority.” — Radiohead, 2+2=5, Hail to the Thief
5. “You can scream, and you can shout.” — Radiohead, 2+2=5, Hail to the Thief
The best Radiohead quotes from Climbing Up the Walls
As a band, Radiohead has a penchant for writing about relevant content, such as mental health.
6. “I am the pick in the ice.” — Radiohead, Climbing up the Walls, OK Computer
7. “Do not cry out or hit the alarm.” — Radiohead, Climbing up the Walls, OK Computer
8. “You know we’re friends till we die.” — Radiohead, Climbing up the Walls, OK Computer
9. “And if you get too far inside, you’ll only see your reflection.” — Radiohead, Climbing up the Walls, OK Computer
10. “I am the key to the lock in your house that keeps your toys in the basement.” — Radiohead, Climbing up the Walls, OK Computer
You will also enjoy our article on Tyler Joseph quotes.
The top Radiohead quotes from Myxomatosis
According to Thom Yorke, these lyrical quotes are all about people who tell others they are crazy.
11. “My thoughts are misguided and a little naive.” — Radiohead, Myxomatosis, Hail to the Thief
12. “I twitch, and I salivate like with myxomatosis.” — Radiohead, Myxomatosis, Hail to the Thief
13. “No one likes a smart-ass, but we all like stars.” — Radiohead, Myxomatosis, Hail to the Thief
14. “That wasn’t my intention; I did it for a reason.” — Radiohead, Myxomatosis, Hail to the Thief
15. “You should put me in a home, or you should put me down.” — Radiohead, Myxomatosis, Hail to the Thief
Famous Thom Yorke quotes about escapism and power
In this selection, Radiohead lead singer, Thom Yorke, sheds light on some of his inner thoughts about his childhood.
16. “I’ve never believed that pop music is escapist trash.” — Thom Yorke, Radiohead
17. “I grew up believing that I was fundamentally powerless.” — Thom Yorke, Radiohead
18. “At home, I’ve got a very puerile, juvenile sense of humor.” — Thom Yorke, Radiohead
19. “Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it.” — Thom Yorke, Radiohead
20. “I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape.” — Thom Yorke, Radiohead
Radiohead quotes and sayings from lead singer, Thom Yorke
Yorke has carved out a lane for himself as a lyricist and vocalist.
21. “I was not really focused on that the way everybody else was.” — Thom Yorke, Radiohead
22. “My songs are my kids. Some of them stay with me, some others I have to send out to the war.” — Thom Yorke, Radiohead
23. “My argument would be that I don’t think there is much that’s genuinely political art that is good art.” — Thom Yorke, Radiohead
24. “I went to a boys’ school, and I didn’t realize that most guys join bands because they wanted to get girls.” — Thom Yorke, Radiohead
25. “I think artists can influence only through making music that challenges people, excites them, and flips them out.” — Thom Yorke, Radiohead
Is Radiohead still together?
The members of Radiohead have worked together for a long time and produced many successful and critically acclaimed albums.
When asked about the band’s current status, guitarist Ed O’Brien said, “There’s no Radiohead at the moment.”
However, his reasoning for why the band has yet to make a new album is insightful. O’Brien notes, “There’s a truth to what we do, so we’re not going to be one of those bands that get’s together for the big payday.”
O’Brien was heartfelt in the gratitude and motivation he received from the fans but also noted how the band members are in different spaces.
He shared, “We’re all reaching out and having different experiences. And that should be allowed, and that should be encouraged.”
Fortunately, Radiohead fans can rejoice in the news that lead singer Thom Yorke and guitarist Jonny Greenwood formed a new band called The Smile, which released their debut album in 2022.
Be sure to tell us your favorite Radiohead quote in the comments below.