If you enjoy medieval stories and romance, you’ll love this collection of Reign quotes.
Reign is a historical romantic drama TV series on CW.
It follows the story of Mary, Queen of Scot, as she ascends into power in the French court.
The series is set in the late sixteenth century when medieval kings and queens reign over the earth and its constituents.
Initially, it was based on the life of the real world character, Mary Stuart.
However, the show slowly deviates and favors a fictional storyline, which surprisingly adds more value and entertainment to the series.
As you read these Reign quotes, it will bring out your passion for medieval stories and romance.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of The Crown quotes from the historical drama.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Reign quotes from Queen Catherine de’ Medici
1. “The first lesson I ever learned was never to wait for a man’s rescue.” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
2. “Throw these into the fire. Don’t breathe in the smoke. I don’t need a death of another monarch on my hands.” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
3. “Who knew all it took is a statement dress to get France in the palm of your hand?” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
4. “History is written by survivors, and I am surely that.” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
5. “I don’t have much to live for these days, but I would still die for my children” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
6. “Happiness is the one thing we queens can never have.” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
7. “My dear, never give up a crown. To anybody.” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
8. “The truth of your betrayal was the last thing that he heard before he collapsed.” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
Reign quotes from Sebastian
9. “Mary, claiming England means nothing to me. I was only interested in claiming you.” — Sebastian
10. “The real warning is that there are people who matter more and people who matter less. Those who will be remembered and those who will be forgotten.” — Sebastian
11. “To see you smile is to feel the sun, your grace.” — Sebastian
12. “Dark and dangerous times, Your Grace. But your presence brings light.” — Sebastian
13. “Killing isn’t supposed to be easy. If your hands weren’t shaking, you’d be him.” — Sebastian
14. “Why would I respond to such ignorant cruelty!” — Sebastian
15. “Believe me. If they’re anything but the picture of health, I’m the one your going to have to restrain!” — Sebastian
16. “Maybe finally I can find something, that is all my own.” — Sebastian
Reign quotes from Mary, Queen of Scots
17. “It isn’t fair, the privileges we are given… or the prices we must pay for them.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
18. “We are King and Queen, chained together as surly as two prisoners in a dungeon.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
19. “Since I was a babe, I have been a queen.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
20. “Since I was a child, I have been alone, on foreign soil. I know how to keep my life and my crown. And I will.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
21. “Those particular Scots may serve France, but they obey me, their queen.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
22. “Those memories are a part of me, Greer. But I am stronger than they are.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
23. “I have invited you here so that you may know that under my rule, all men will be judged not by their faith, but by their actions.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
24. “Regardless of my faith, I am not a Catholic queen, I am not a Protestant queen, I am your queen.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
25. “It’s terrible. Especially if we think we can save each other. We can’t. We can only love each other.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
Which of these Reign quotes is your favorite?
This series combined the geopolitical aspect and monarchy drama of medieval times, making it more exciting and engaging to the core.
It is about the journey of Mary as she figures out her role not only as a wife of a king but also as a person with tons of power and influence.
Together, Mary and Francis will rule over the Kingdom of France and Scotland as King and Queen.
Audiences will quickly find themselves in a roller coaster ride of rising political tension and religious conflict that drives the life of the people during the medieval era.
So maybe this is an excellent time to brush up on our historical knowledge of the 16th century and share these Reign quotes and sayings with your friends while you are at it.
August 11, 2022 5:00 AM EST