If you enjoy medieval stories and romance, you’ll love this collection of Reign quotes.
Reign is a historical romantic drama TV series on CW. It follows the story of Mary, Queen of Scot, as she ascends into power in the French court.
The series is set in the late sixteenth century when medieval kings and queens reign over the earth and its constituents. Initially, it was based on the life of the real world character, Mary Stuart.
However, the show slowly deviates and favors a fictional storyline, which surprisingly adds more value and entertainment to the series. As you read these Reign quotes, it will bring out your passion for medieval stories and romance.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of The Crown quotes from the historical drama.
Reign quotes from Queen Catherine de’ Medici
1. “The first lesson I ever learned was never to wait for a man’s rescue.” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
2. “Throw these into the fire. Don’t breathe in the smoke. I don’t need a death of another monarch on my hands.” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
3. “Who knew all it took is a statement dress to get France in the palm of your hand?” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
4. “History is written by survivors, and I am surely that.” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
5. “I don’t have much to live for these days, but I would still die for my children” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
6. “Happiness is the one thing we queens can never have.” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
7. “My dear, never give up a crown. To anybody.” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
8. “The truth of your betrayal was the last thing that he heard before he collapsed.” — Queen Catherine de’ Medici
Reign quotes from Sebastian
9. “Mary, claiming England means nothing to me. I was only interested in claiming you.” — Sebastian
10. “The real warning is that there are people who matter more and people who matter less. Those who will be remembered and those who will be forgotten.” — Sebastian
11. “To see you smile is to feel the sun, your grace.” — Sebastian
12. “Dark and dangerous times, Your Grace. But your presence brings light.” — Sebastian
13. “Killing isn’t supposed to be easy. If your hands weren’t shaking, you’d be him.” — Sebastian
14. “Why would I respond to such ignorant cruelty!” — Sebastian
15. “Believe me. If they’re anything but the picture of health, I’m the one your going to have to restrain!” — Sebastian
16. “Maybe finally I can find something, that is all my own.” — Sebastian
Reign quotes from Mary, Queen of Scots
17. “It isn’t fair, the privileges we are given… or the prices we must pay for them.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
18. “We are King and Queen, chained together as surly as two prisoners in a dungeon.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
19. “Since I was a babe, I have been a queen.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
20. “Since I was a child, I have been alone, on foreign soil. I know how to keep my life and my crown. And I will.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
21. “Those particular Scots may serve France, but they obey me, their queen.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
22. “Those memories are a part of me, Greer. But I am stronger than they are.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
23. “I have invited you here so that you may know that under my rule, all men will be judged not by their faith, but by their actions.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
24. “Regardless of my faith, I am not a Catholic queen, I am not a Protestant queen, I am your queen.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
25. “It’s terrible. Especially if we think we can save each other. We can’t. We can only love each other.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
26. “I am Mary, Queen of Scots, and I have come for my throne.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
27. “My life is once again the sum of my choices, not someone else’s crimes.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
28. “We all die Gideon. The question is what we stood for while we lived.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
29. “None of us are responsible for our hearts, only our actions.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
30. “And real love never fades, not truly.” — Mary, Queen of Scots
Reign quotes from Greer Norwood
31. “I need to believe, that who we are, matters more than our station.” — Greer Norwood
32. “Mary, your hair. Didn’t the nuns teach you anything?” — Greer Norwood
33. “You knew how important this was to me. It just wasn’t important to you.” — Greer Norwood
34. “When will you grow tired of kisses that lead nowhere.” — Greer Norwood
35. “My destiny is approaching sooner than I’d like… In fact, here it comes now.” — Greer Norwood
36. “Look at us. Look at where our hearts have led us.” — Greer Norwood
Reign quotes from Nostradamus
37. “I see you’re doing art now.” — Nostradamus
38. “Perhaps I know what it’s like to be a freak!” — Nostradamus
39. “The shadows are the only life she has.” — Nostradamus
40. “If you’re looking for a weapon, some say there is no greater than the scriptures themselves.” — Nostradamus
41. “You’re a condemned woman. Go to Italy. Gather your strength. Others will see to the safety of your children!” — Nostradamus
42. “When the body endures a trauma, it’s hard for the mind to let go.” — Nostradamus
43. “I saw your son’s future… his union with Mary. She will cost Francis his life… Mary will bring your son’s death.” — Nostradamus
44. “ All images of Francis’ death are tied to your union. You will be blamed for the death of the Queen’s firstborn. You will blame yourself, most of all. I see Francis, barely older than he is now, cold to your touch. You are wed but childless. Alone at this court without a friend to comfort you.” — Nostradamus
Reign quotes from King Henry
45. “She’s here doing her job and her job is waiting for me to decide when you should marry her.” — King Henry
46. “As King I’ve learned when to be very clear about when to state my terms.” — King Henry
47. “Well that’s what Kings do. We make promises to everybody. And whatever works for the realm we keep. Otherwise, it never happened. Lesson for today.” — King Henry
48. “Win or lose, you will answer for it. That’s what kings do.” — King Henry
49. “She will come after you, whether you reach for the crown or not.” — King Henry
50. “Don’t let fear keep you from greatness.” — King Henry
51. “Let God mock the English for a change.” — King Henry
52. “ I grew weary of you a decade ago.” — King Henry
Reign quotes from Lady Lola
53. “You are my Queen and we are your subjects. We’re here in service to you. Whatever that means, whatever that costs us.” — Lady Lola
54. “I don’t care why you abuse you’re power. I just want it taken away. Forever.” — Lady Lola
55. “Don’t be ashamed of your pain. It does you credit. You have a true heart. It will mend.” — Lady Lola
56. “I’m not scared of death anymore; I’m scared of being alone.” — Lady Lola
Which of these Reign quotes is your favorite?
This series combined the geopolitical aspect and monarchy drama of medieval times, making it more exciting and engaging to the core.
It is about the journey of Mary as she figures out her role not only as a wife of a king but also as a person with tons of power and influence.
Together, Mary and Francis will rule over the Kingdom of France and Scotland as King and Queen. Audiences will quickly find themselves in a roller coaster ride of rising political tension and religious conflict that drives the life of the people during the medieval era.
So maybe this is an excellent time to brush up on our historical knowledge of the 16th century and share these Reign quotes and sayings with your friends while you are at it.
November 28, 2021 7:00 AM EST