These fire quotes are scorching and will be perfect for those hot Instagram posts or describing the emotions raging inside you!
Tell us which one was your favorite in the comment section below.
Fire is a chemical process that has the potential to be destructive.
It could burn through everything in its path, leaving behind only charred remnants of what was.
We have seen that repeatedly in wildfires.
Where once was a lush forest of green, we are left with smokey ash, dead wildlife, and smoke billowing in the air we breathe.
These fires also have the potential to destroy homes and businesses.
Keep reading through these fire quotes to learn more about fire in nature.
Fire is also one of man’s most life-changing discoveries.
It gave us the ability to stay warm and cook our food.
This helped us live longer because when we lived in tents or dwellings with little insulation, people would succumb to the cold.
Also, eating raw meat led to illness amongst our ancestors, and the ability to cook our food. Check out these fire quotes about burning and being warm.
Burning fire quotes
1. “Fire that’s closest kept burns most of all.” — William Shakespeare
2. “The fire you kindle for your enemy often burns yourself more than them.” — Chinese Proverb
3. “If you play with fire, you’re gonna get burned.” — Bam Bam Bigelow
4. “This is how the fire starts. This is how we burn.” — Libba Bray
5. “Keep a little fire burning; however small, however, hidden.” — Cormac McCarthy
6. “Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born.” — George Bernard Shaw
7. “The sacred fire is faith.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
8. “Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.” — Buddha
9. “Among the notable things about fire is that it also requires oxygen to burn – exactly like its enemy, life. Thereby are life and flames so often compared.” — Otto Weininger
10. “I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.” — Mia Hamm
Fire quotes that make us stronger
11. “Fire is the test of gold; adversity, of strong men.” — Martha Graham
12. “What fire does not destroy, it hardens.” — Oscar Wilde
13. “The finest steel has to go through the hottest fire.” — Richard M. Nixon
14. “Fire is never a gentle master.” — Proverb
15. “What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.” — Charles Bukowski
16. “One of the strongest characteristics of genius is the power of lighting its own fire.” — John Foster
17. “Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.” — Joan Crawford
18. “I had so much fire in me and so many plans.” – Claude Monet
19. “Courage is fire and bullying is smoke.” — Benjamin Disraeli
20. “The only real security is the ability to build your own fires and find your own peace.” — Audrey Sutherland
Witty fire quotes
21. “Fire in the heart sends smoke into the head.” — Proverb
22. “Fire, water, and government know nothing of mercy.” — Proverb
23. “Where there is smoke, there is fire.” — Proverb
24. “People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes.” — Abigail Van Buren
25. “It takes two flints to make a fire.” — Louisa May Alcott
26. “To love is to burn—to be on fire.” – Jane Austen
27. “Tampering with fire will burn you, even in the coldest regions.”― H.S. Crow
28. “Fire will attract more attention than any other cry for help.” — Jean-Michel Basquiat
29. “A spark neglected makes a mighty fire.” — Robert Herrick
30. “When the heart is a fire, some sparks will fly out of the mouth.” – Thomas Fuller
31. “When one burns one’s bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.” — Dylan Thomas
Fire quotes that deal with elements of nature
32. “As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of love with words.” — William Shakespeare
33. “The fire is the main comfort of the camp, whether in summer or winter and is about as ample at one season as at another. It is as well for cheerfulness as for warmth and dryness.” — Henry David Thoreau
34. “Fire is a natural symbol of life and passion, though it is the one element in which nothing can actually live.” — Susanne Katherina Langer
35. “One can enjoy a wood fire worthily only when he warms his thoughts by it as well as his hands and feet.” — Odell Shepherd
36. “Big fires flare-up in a wind, but little ones are blown out unless they are carried in undercover.” — St Francis de Sales
37. “The deepest lessons come out of the deepest waters and the hottest fires.” — Elisabeth Elliot
38. “No one needs to light a fire under you when there’s a fire in you.”― Richie Norton
39. “I have a need to be all on fire, for I have mountains of ice about me to melt.” — William Lloyd Garrison
40. “Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.” — Roy L. Smith
41. “A spark can set a whole forest on fire. Just a spark. Save it.” — Charles Bukowski
Inspirational fire quotes to feed your inner flame
42. “A small spark can start a great fire.” — Emmet Fox
43. “Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.” — Terry Pratchett
44. “The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.” — Ferdinand Foch
45. “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.” — Rumi
46. “Become the person you were meant to be, light your inner fire and follow your heart’s desire.” — Leon Brown.
47. “Light up the fire of love inside and blaze the thoughts away.” — Rumi
48. “Do not let your fire go out.” — Ayn Rand
49. “Fire does transform, but the fire within is always better than fire beneath!” – Harrish Sairaman
50. “The fires of suffering become the light of consciousness.” — Eckhart Tolle
51. “The fire doesn’t make you what you are; it reveals what you were.” – Jack Hyles
52. “The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled.” – Plutarch
53. “A small match lights a big fire.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
54. “Fire tests gold, suffering tests brave men.” —Seneca
55. “Everyone has the fire, but the champions know when to ignite the spark.” – Amit Ray
Fire quotes that will make you burn for life
56. “Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.” — Bernard Williams
57. “Time is the fire in which we burn.” — Gene Roddenberry
58. “We all can touch the flame – but it’s the moments we remain in it that burn us.”― Laura Chouette
59. “Light a fire which shows who you really are.”― Rajas Dhamija
60. “Catch on fire and people will come for miles to see you burn.” — John Wesley
61. “Little sparks cause fires too.” ― Tomasz Jedrowski
62. “To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark.” — Victor Hugo
63. “To those who do not know that the world is on fire, I have nothing to say.” – Bertolt Brecht
64. “A fire eater must eat fire even if he has to kindle it himself.” — Isaac Asimov
65. “It’s the spark that ignites the flame, spontaneity.” ― A.D. Aliwat
Fire quotes that will ignite your passion for life
66. “Fire is the best of servants, but what a master!” — Thomas Carlyle
67. “Each of us is born with a box of matches inside us but we can’t strike them all by ourselves.” ― Laura Esquivel
68. “She’s mad, but she’s magic. There’s no lie in her fire.” ― Charles Bukowski
69. “I threw myself into that fire, threw myself into it, into him, and let myself burn.” ― Sarah J. Maas
70. “I walk into the fire always, and come out more alive.”― Anaïs Nin
71. “There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed.” ― Siddharta Gautama
72. “Fire and water looked so lovely together. It was a pity they destroyed each other by nature.” ― R.F. Kuang
73. “Keep a fire burning; a fire is what saves you.”― Rory Power
74. “The fire must not go out. The flame must be lit.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
75. “We are all flames waiting to be fed.”― Arti Manani
Short Hot Fire Quotes
76. “The only pictures worth making are the ones that are playing with fire.” — Billy Wilder
77. “Those who deny the science or choose excuses over action are playing with fire.” — John F. Kerry
78. “Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself.” — Mark Twain
79. “Success isn’t a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.” — Arnold Glascow
80. “A spark of every fire we seek is already within us.” — Kamand Kojouri
81. “When the winter comes, fire becomes a king!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
82. “Light the fire within you to light the world with your fire.” — P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
83. “The proof of gold is fire, the proof of woman, gold; the proof of man, a woman.” — Benjamin Franklin
84. “Fire is the most tolerable third party.” — Henry David Thoreau
85. “Your own property is concerned when your neighbor’s house is on fire.” — Horace
Fire Quotes To Keep You Going No Matter The conditions
86. “The hero and the coward both feel exactly the same fear, only the hero confronts his fear and converts it into fire.” — Cus D’Amato
87. “The passions are like fire, useful in a thousand ways and dangerous only in one, through their excess.” — Christian Nestell Bovee
88. “Time is the school in which we learn, time is the fire in which we burn.” — Delmore Schwartz
89. “We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining- they just shine.” — Dwight L. Moody
90. “Genius is talent set on fire by courage.” — Henry Van Dyke
91. “Man is so made that when anything fires his soul, impossibilities vanish.” — Jean de La Fontaine
92. “I didn’t want anybody seeing my fire until I burned them with it.” — Cameron Conaway
93. “To feel the love of people whom we love is a fire that feeds our life.” — Pablo Neruda
94. “Always, always you pass through fire to reach the shining.” — Odysseas Elytis
95. “When a picture isn’t realized, you pitch it in the fire and start another one!” — Paul Cezanne
Fire Quotes To Light Up Your Spirit
96. “To make ideas effective, we must be able to fire them off. We must put them into action.” ― Virginia Woolf
97. “If the fire in your heart is strong enough, it will burn away any obstacles that come your way.” ― Suzy Kassem
98. “A woman would run through fire and water for such a kind heart.” ― William Shakespeare
99. “No man may earn his heart’s desire, lest first he brave the smoke and fire.” ― Nicholas Evans
100. “A child is not a vase to be filled, but a fire to be lit.” ― Francois Rabelais
101. “If we see you smoking we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action.” ― Douglas Adams
102. “The hottest fires in hell are reserved for those who remain neutral in times of moral crisis.” ― Edmund Burke
103. “Solitude is the natural dwelling place of truth… It is there you will wrestle. It is there you will be tested by fire and by darkness.” ― Michael O’Brien
104. “I did mostly good things, except light things on fire.” ― Mark Hoppus
105. “Hatred is like fire, it makes even light rubbish deadly.” ― George Eliot
Which of these fire quotes resonated with you best?
As noted in some of these quotes, fire is also a term used to define a person’s passion and drive.
It refers to the spark that lies within each of us.
That smoldering inspiration can be fed, like fire, until it grows bright enough to warm ourselves and others.
If you are enjoying time in the wilderness, fire can lead someone who is lost in the woods to your safe haven.
The analogy of fire in the soul can have the same effect on people.
You don’t know who might be around you that is struggling and looking for a light in the darkness.
Of course, fire should be respected and treated like the dangerous weapon it can be.
It can keep you warm, or burn everything down around you.
It can warm your food or melt your hand.
Burns are painful and fire needs to be watched.
Do you think that personal fire also has the same duality?
What is your favorite fire quote or saying?
Answer either of those questions in the comment section below.
August 15, 2022 5:00 AM EST