These fire quotes are scorching and will be perfect for those hot Instagram posts or describing the emotions raging inside you!
Tell us which one was your favorite in the comment section below.
Fire is a chemical process that has the potential to be destructive.
In 2020, 1,291,500 fires in the United States resulted in 3,420 deaths and 16,600 injuries.
These numbers underscore the critical need for fire safety and prevention measures to protect people and property.
What are the benefits of reading these fire quotes?
It could burn through everything in its path, leaving only charred remnants of what was.
We have seen that repeatedly in wildfires.
Where once was a lush forest of green, we are left with:
- smokey ash
- dead wildlife
- smoke billowing in the air we breathe
These fires also have the potential to destroy homes and businesses.
Keep reading through these fire quotes to learn more about fire in nature.
Fire is also one of man’s most life-changing discoveries.
It gave us the ability to stay warm and cook our food.
This helped us live longer because people would succumb to the cold when we lived in tents or dwellings with little insulation.
Also, eating raw meat led to illness amongst our ancestors, and the ability to cook our food was a noteworthy change.
Check out these fire quotes about burning and being warm.
Burning fire quotes
According to the World Health Organization, burnout is now officially recognized as a syndrome resulting from chronic workplace stress.
Embracing inner fire can help you avoid burnout and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
1. “Fire that’s closest kept burns most of all.” — William Shakespeare
You will also enjoy our article on water quotes.
2. “The fire you kindle for your enemy often burns yourself more than them.” — Chinese Proverb
3. “If you play with fire, you’re gonna get burned.” — Bam Bam Bigelow
4. “This is how the fire starts. This is how we burn.” — Libba Bray
5. “Keep a little fire burning; however small, however, hidden.” — Cormac McCarthy
You will also enjoy our article on bonfire quotes.
6. “Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born.” — George Bernard Shaw
7. “The sacred fire is faith.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
9. “Among the notable things about fire is that it also requires oxygen to burn – exactly like its enemy, life. Thereby are life and flames so often compared.” — Otto Weininger
Fire quotes that make us stronger
A study by the University of Pennsylvania found that people who have a strong sense of purpose are more likely to succeed in achieving their goals.
Embracing your inner fire can help you tap into that sense of purpose.
11. “Fire is the test of gold; adversity, of strong men.” — Martha Graham
12. “What fire does not destroy, it hardens.” — Oscar Wilde
13. “The finest steel has to go through the hottest fire.” — Richard M. Nixon
14. “Fire is never a gentle master.” — Proverb
You will also enjoy our article on bullying quotes.
15. “What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.” — Charles Bukowski
16. “One of the strongest characteristics of genius is the power of lighting its own fire.” — John Foster
You will also enjoy our article on cooking quotes.
17. “Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.” — Joan Crawford
You will also enjoy our article on greed quotes.
18. “I had so much fire in me and so many plans.” – Claude Monet
You will also enjoy our article on Klaus Mikaelson quotes.
19. “Courage is fire and bullying is smoke.” — Benjamin Disraeli
You will also enjoy our article on follow your heart quotes.
20. “The only real security is the ability to build your own fires and find your own peace.” — Audrey Sutherland
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of heat quotes that will make you feel good.
Witty fire quotes
21. “Fire in the heart sends smoke into the head.” — Proverb
You will also enjoy our article on air quotes.
22. “Fire, water, and government know nothing of mercy.” — Proverb
23. “Where there is smoke, there is fire.” — Proverb
24. “People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes.” — Abigail Van Buren
25. “It takes two flints to make a fire.” — Louisa May Alcott
26. “To love is to burn—to be on fire.” – Jane Austen
27. “Tampering with fire will burn you, even in the coldest regions.”― H.S. Crow
28. “Fire will attract more attention than any other cry for help.” — Jean-Michel Basquiat
29. “A spark neglected makes a mighty fire.” — Robert Herrick
30. “When the heart is a fire, some sparks will fly out of the mouth.” – Thomas Fuller
31. “When one burns one’s bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.” — Dylan Thomas
Fire quotes that deal with elements of nature
32. “As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of love with words.” — William Shakespeare
33. “The fire is the main comfort of the camp, whether in summer or winter and is about as ample at one season as at another. It is as well for cheerfulness as for warmth and dryness.” — Henry David Thoreau
34. “Fire is a natural symbol of life and passion, though it is the one element in which nothing can actually live.” — Susanne Katherina Langer
35. “One can enjoy a wood fire worthily only when he warms his thoughts by it as well as his hands and feet.” — Odell Shepherd
36. “Big fires flare-up in a wind, but little ones are blown out unless they are carried in undercover.” — St Francis de Sales
37. “The deepest lessons come out of the deepest waters and the hottest fires.” — Elisabeth Elliot
38. “No one needs to light a fire under you when there’s a fire in you.”― Richie Norton
39. “I have a need to be all on fire, for I have mountains of ice about me to melt.” — William Lloyd Garrison
40. “Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.” — Roy L. Smith
41. “A spark can set a whole forest on fire. Just a spark. Save it.” — Charles Bukowski
Inspirational fire quotes to feed your inner flame
42. “A small spark can start a great fire.” — Emmet Fox
43. “Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.” — Terry Pratchett
44. “The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.” — Ferdinand Foch
45. “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.” — Rumi
46. “Become the person you were meant to be, light your inner fire and follow your heart’s desire.” — Leon Brown.
47. “Light up the fire of love inside and blaze the thoughts away.” — Rumi
48. “Do not let your fire go out.” — Ayn Rand
49. “Fire does transform, but the fire within is always better than fire beneath!” – Harrish Sairaman
50. “The fires of suffering become the light of consciousness.” — Eckhart Tolle
51. “The fire doesn’t make you what you are; it reveals what you were.” – Jack Hyles
52. “The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled.” – Plutarch
53. “A small match lights a big fire.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
54. “Fire tests gold, suffering tests brave men.” —Seneca
55. “Everyone has the fire, but the champions know when to ignite the spark.” – Amit Ray
Fire quotes that will make you burn for life
56. “Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.” — Bernard Williams
57. “Time is the fire in which we burn.” — Gene Roddenberry
58. “We all can touch the flame – but it’s the moments we remain in it that burn us.”― Laura Chouette
59. “Light a fire which shows who you really are.”― Rajas Dhamija
60. “Catch on fire and people will come for miles to see you burn.” — John Wesley
61. “Little sparks cause fires too.” ― Tomasz Jedrowski
62. “To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark.” — Victor Hugo
63. “To those who do not know that the world is on fire, I have nothing to say.” – Bertolt Brecht
64. “A fire eater must eat fire even if he has to kindle it himself.” — Isaac Asimov
65. “It’s the spark that ignites the flame, spontaneity.” ― A.D. Aliwat
Fire quotes that will ignite your passion for life
66. “Fire is the best of servants, but what a master!” — Thomas Carlyle
67. “Each of us is born with a box of matches inside us but we can’t strike them all by ourselves.” ― Laura Esquivel
68. “She’s mad, but she’s magic. There’s no lie in her fire.” ― Charles Bukowski
69. “I threw myself into that fire, threw myself into it, into him, and let myself burn.” ― Sarah J. Maas
70. “I walk into the fire always, and come out more alive.”― Anaïs Nin
71. “There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed.” ― Siddharta Gautama
72. “Fire and water looked so lovely together. It was a pity they destroyed each other by nature.” ― R.F. Kuang
73. “Keep a fire burning; a fire is what saves you.”― Rory Power
74. “The fire must not go out. The flame must be lit.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
75. “We are all flames waiting to be fed.”― Arti Manani
Short Hot Fire Quotes
76. “The only pictures worth making are the ones that are playing with fire.” — Billy Wilder
77. “Those who deny the science or choose excuses over action are playing with fire.” — John F. Kerry
78. “Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself.” — Mark Twain
79. “Success isn’t a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.” — Arnold Glascow
80. “A spark of every fire we seek is already within us.” — Kamand Kojouri
81. “When the winter comes, fire becomes a king!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
82. “Light the fire within you to light the world with your fire.” — P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
83. “The proof of gold is fire, the proof of woman, gold; the proof of man, a woman.” — Benjamin Franklin
84. “Fire is the most tolerable third party.” — Henry David Thoreau
85. “Your own property is concerned when your neighbor’s house is on fire.” — Horace
Fire Quotes To Keep You Going No Matter The conditions
86. “The hero and the coward both feel exactly the same fear, only the hero confronts his fear and converts it into fire.” — Cus D’Amato
87. “The passions are like fire, useful in a thousand ways and dangerous only in one, through their excess.” — Christian Nestell Bovee
88. “Time is the school in which we learn, time is the fire in which we burn.” — Delmore Schwartz
89. “We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won’t need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don’t fire cannons to call attention to their shining- they just shine.” — Dwight L. Moody
90. “Genius is talent set on fire by courage.” — Henry Van Dyke
91. “Man is so made that when anything fires his soul, impossibilities vanish.” — Jean de La Fontaine
92. “I didn’t want anybody seeing my fire until I burned them with it.” — Cameron Conaway
93. “To feel the love of people whom we love is a fire that feeds our life.” — Pablo Neruda
94. “Always, always you pass through fire to reach the shining.” — Odysseas Elytis
95. “When a picture isn’t realized, you pitch it in the fire and start another one!” — Paul Cezanne
Fire Quotes To Light Up Your Spirit
96. “To make ideas effective, we must be able to fire them off. We must put them into action.” ― Virginia Woolf
97. “If the fire in your heart is strong enough, it will burn away any obstacles that come your way.” ― Suzy Kassem
98. “A woman would run through fire and water for such a kind heart.” ― William Shakespeare
99. “No man may earn his heart’s desire, lest first he brave the smoke and fire.” ― Nicholas Evans
100. “A child is not a vase to be filled, but a fire to be lit.” ― Francois Rabelais
101. “If we see you smoking we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action.” ― Douglas Adams
102. “The hottest fires in hell are reserved for those who remain neutral in times of moral crisis.” ― Edmund Burke
103. “Solitude is the natural dwelling place of truth… It is there you will wrestle. It is there you will be tested by fire and by darkness.” ― Michael O’Brien
104. “I did mostly good things, except light things on fire.” ― Mark Hoppus
105. “Hatred is like fire, it makes even light rubbish deadly.” ― George Eliot
Fire quotes about life
106. “When you have been burned by fire once, you don’t leap into the flames again.”― Jodi Picoult
107. “The fire which seems extinguished often slumbers beneath the ashes.”― Pierre Corneille
108. “Fire is always ready to burn the hand it warms.”― Rachel Caine
109. “When the heart is on fire, light comes from within.”― Tania Silva
110. “Not everything set on fire will rise.”― Darnell Lamont Walker
111. “Stop setting yourself on fire for people who just stand to watch you burn.”― Nadège Richards
112. “Fire isn’t always an element of destruction. Classical alchemical doctrine teaches that it also has dominion over another province: change.”― Jim Butcher
113. “There’s nothing wrong with the fire.. if you don’t get too close.”― Becca Fitzpatrick
114. “Fire is one of our best friends in this cold universe. Put some wood in it to show your gratitude.”― Mehmet Murat ildan
115. “Maybe fire and kerosene don’t go together for a reason.”― Dannika Dark
Fire Quotes To Ignite Your Soul
116. “We feel free when we escape – even if it be but from the frying pan to the fire.” — Eric Hoffer
117. “Love, like fire, goes out without fuel.” ― Mikhail Lermontov
118. “The difference between a good life and a bad life is how well you walk through the fire.” — Carl Jung
119. “Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire.” ― Gustav Mahler
120. “God and I have built an immense fire together. We keep each other happy and warm.” ― Hafez
121. “Each of us has a fire in our hearts for something. It’s our goal in life to find it and keep it.” — Mary Lou Retton
122. “Love is friendship set on fire.” — Jeremy Taylor
123. “Heat makes things expand; that is why life sometimes throws us into a fiery furnace.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
124. “The blazing fire makes flames and brightness out of everything thrown into it.” — Marcus Aurelius
125. “Time is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire.” — Jorge Luis Borges
Fire Quotes To Give You Courage
126. “Walking through this life really is walking through fire.” — Chaka Khan
127. “Yes, love indeed is light from heaven; A spark of that immortal fire with angels shared, by Allah given to lift from earth our low desire.” — Lord Byron
128. “God is most glorified in us when our knowledge and experience of Him ignite a forest fire of joy that consumes all competing pleasures and He alone becomes the treasure that we prize.” — Sam Storms
129. “Boys should abstain from all use of wine until their eighteenth year, for it is wrong to add fire to fire.” — Plato
130. “I don’t have the fire in the belly right now. It’s one of those been there, done that deals.” — Steve Largent
131. “Good fame is like fire; when you have kindled you may easily preserve it; but if you extinguish it, you will not easily kindle it again.” — Francis Bacon
132. “A heart well worth winning, and well won. A heart that, once won, goes through fire and water for the winner, and never changes, and is never daunted.” — Charles Dickens
133. “Love is the only fire that is hot enough to melt the iron obstinacy of a creatures’s will.” — Alexander MacLaren
134. “There can no great smoke arise, but there must be some fire.” — John Lyly
135. “A crooked log makes a strait fire.” — George Herbert
Fire Quotes For The Most Important Life Changing Discovery
136. “She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful.” — Neil Gaiman
137. “You can’t start a fire without a spark.” — Bruce Springsteen
138. “The most tangible of all visible mysteries – fire.” — Leigh Hunt
139. “Remind me that the most fertile lands were built by the fires of volcanoes.” ― Andrea Gibson
140. “Everything burns…you just gotta know what kind of fire to set.” ― Obie Williams
141. “A spark neglected has often raised a conflagration.” — Quintus Curtius Rufus
142. “To poke a wood fire is more solid enjoyment than almost anything else in the world.” — Charles Dudley Warner
143. “Fire is bright and fire is clean.” ― Ray Bradbury
144. “The control of fire and the practice of cooking are human universals.” ― Richard W. Wrangham
145. “Animals need food, water and shelter. We humans need all those things, but we need fire too.” ― Richard W. Wrangham
Fire Quotes For When it Gets Hotter
146. “Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman.” ― Ludwig van Beethoven
147. “Heat cannot be separated from fire, or beauty from The Eternal.” ― Dante Alighieri
148. “Man is the only creature that dares to light a fire and live with it. The reason? Because he alone has learned to put it out.” ― Henry Jackson Vandyke
149. “The fire was followed by a period of grieving and then by an incredible lightness, freedom, and mobility.” ― Martin Puryear
150. “O for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention.” ― William Shakespeare
151. “If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire, then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience.” ― Robert Fulghum
152. “Affection is a coal that must be cooled; else, suffer’d, it will set the heart on fire.” ― William Shakespeare
153. “Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward.” ― E. E. Cummings
154. “A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body.” ― Benjamin Franklin
155. “The sun’s a thief, and with his great attraction Robs the vast seas. The moon’s an arrant thief, And her pale fire she snatches from the sun.” ― William Shakespeare
Fire Quotes About Flames of Wisdom
156. “The quest for fire occurred not because anyone knew what the practical uses for fire would be, but because it was fascinating.” ― Joseph Campbell
157. “Lighting a fire UNDER someone will never be as effective as Lighting a fire WITHIN someone.” ― Bob Teague
158. “Fire destroys that which feeds it.” ― Simone Weil
159. “Man needs color to live; it’s just as necessary an element as fire and water.” ― Fernand Leger
160. “I thought my fire was out, and stirred the ashes…. I burnt my fingers.” ― Antonio Machado
161. “If liberty with law is fire on the hearth, liberty without law is fire on the floor.” ― George Stillman Hillard
162. “Let’s kick the tires and light the fires, big daddy.” ― Harry Connick, Jr.
163. “Desire is hunger is the fire I breathe, love is a banquet on which we feed.” ― Patti Smith
164. “Fire is catching! And if we burn, you burn with us!” ― Suzanne Collins
165. “Make sure that the beer – four pints a week – goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop.” ― Winston Churchill
Fire Quotes From Embers to Infernos
166. “The wretched bodies of the condemned shall simmer and blaze in those living fires.” ― Cyprian
167. “I’m cautious about using fire. It can become theatrical. I am interested in the heat, not the flames.” ― Andy Goldsworthy
168. “We’ve got a bad fire let’s get out . . . We’re burning up.” ― Roger B. Chaffee
169. “Untested faith was rarely strong. Deep, abiding faith was tempered through fire.” ― Robin Lee
170. “Love and war, it seemed, worked by the same rules. One had to hurry, before the fires flared out.” ― Robin Oliveira
171. “I want to be someone’s everything. I want fire and passion, and love that’s returned, equally. I want to be someone’s heart.” ― S.C. Stephens
172. “Any time anyone fires bullets in an action movie that don’t hit the target it immediately undermines the movie.” ― Shane Black
173. “I was a child of privilege and I woke up to a world on fire.” ― Bill Ayers
174. “I keep busy. That was my nickname in college, ‘Iron to the Fire.’ I like to keep several things going at once.” ― Creed Bratton
175. “Kept his locker full of weed just to satisfy his smoking needs and his love of fire.” ― Todd Rundgren
Captivating Fire Quotes That Illuminate the Soul
176. “I’m on a higher plane with brain with a flame, feel the fire, desire the same.” ― Kool Moe Dee
177. “Dreams die hard and we watch them erode, but we cannot be denied the fire inside.” ― Bob Seger
178. “Waiting for wisdom to open the cage, we forged in the fires of the innocent age.” ― Dan Fogelberg
179. “There’s a fire that burns away the lies, manifesting in the spiritual eye.” ― George Harrison
180. “If there was a fire at my house I would throw more things on it. The only thing I would take out? Myself!” ― Jean Nouvel
181. “I’m probably a bit romantic about it, but I think we humans miss having contact with fire. We need it.” ― Jamie Oliver
182. “I’m on fire when I’m singing, I’m completely in character, I use my sense memories, and every syllable of it is meant. It’s a very special thing.” ― Sinead O’Connor
183. “I’ve lived long enough to have learned, the closer you get to the fire, the more you get burned.” ― Billy Joel
184. “Under the skin, intense fires burn.” ― Charles de Lint
185. “Losing your love hurts more than playing with fire.” ― Leydi Morfa
186. “… the house is on fire, but go ahead – finish painting the verandah…” ― John Geddes
187. “Looking at the fire on the stone.” ― Daae ALF
188. “And he didn’t get tired or sleepy, for the beauty burned in him like fire.” ― John Steinbeck
189. “Light a campfire and everyone’s a storyteller” ― john j geddes
190. “If you want to get warm you must stand near the fire” ― C.S. Lewis
191. “The innovative leader has to be an arsonist and a firefighter.” ― Paul Sloane
192. “Curiosity is a strong fire, and once ignited, it is not easily put out.” ― Susan Dennard
193. “Fire. I see it everywhere.” ― Jen Wylie
194. “you are the mysterious fire at my finger tips” ― john j geddes
Which of these fire quotes resonated with you best?
As noted in some of these quotes, fire defines a person’s passion and drive.
It refers to the spark that lies within each of us.
That smoldering inspiration can be fed, like fire, until it grows bright enough to warm ourselves and others.
If you enjoy time in the wilderness, fire can lead someone lost in the woods to your haven.
The analogy of fire in the soul can have the same effect on people.
You don’t know who might be around you that is struggling and looking for a light in the darkness.
Of course, fire should be respected and treated like the dangerous weapon it can be.
It can keep you warm or burn everything down around you.
It can warm your food or melt your hand.
Burns are painful and fire needs to be watched.
Do you think that personal fire also has the same duality?
What is your favorite fire quote or saying?
Answer either of those questions in the comment section below.
If you found these quotes helpful, please share them with your friends on social media.