These Rich Dad Poor Dad quotes are instant motivation for anyone seeking financial freedom.
Robert Kiyosaki published this world-famous book in 1997.
In the writings, he describes the relationship and impact of his father who struggled with bills and his friend’s father who had financial freedom.
The book encourages all readers to be financially sound and gives rules, concepts and practical knowledge to accomplish this.
Kiyosaki suggests ways for people to adjust their relationship with wealth as well as receiving.
One of his main points is that the single most powerful asset we all have is our mind.
He provides encouragement and insight on how creative people can take advantage of the knowledge that the poor and the middle-class work for money, while the rich have money work for them.
These quotes will have you thinking critically on ways to improve your financial success.
Don’t forget to also check out these Robert Kiyosaki quotes about creating massive wealth.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Rich Dad Poor Dad quotes on financial success
1. “There is a difference between being poor and being broke. Broke is temporary. Poor is eternal.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
You will also enjoy our article on dad quotes.
2. “Money comes and goes, but if you have the education about how money works, you gain power over it and can begin building wealth.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
3. “People’s lives are forever controlled by two emotions: fear and greed.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
You will also enjoy our article on money quotes.
4. “So many people say, ‘Oh, I’m not interested in money.’ Yet they’ll work at a job for eight hours a day.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
5. “Thinking that a job makes you secure is lying to yourself.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
6. “Intelligence solves problems and produces money.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
7. “You must know the difference between an asset and a liability, and buy assets.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
8. “An asset puts money in your pocket. A liability takes money out of your pocket.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
9. “Illiteracy, both in words and numbers, is the foundation of financial struggle.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
10. “Money often makes obvious our tragic human flaws, putting a spotlight on what we don’t know.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
Rich Dad Poor Dad quotes that will change the way you think about money
11. “Cash flow tells the story of how a person handles money.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
12. “Most people don’t understand why they struggle financially because they don’t understand cash flow.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
13. “The number-one expense for most people is taxes.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
14. ”Higher incomes cause higher taxes. This is known as “bracket creep.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
15. “More money seldom solves someone’s money problems.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
16. “The fear of being different prevents most people from seeking new ways to solve their problems.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
17. “A person can be highly educated, professionally successful, and financially illiterate.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
18. “Many financial problems are caused by trying to keep up with the Joneses.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
19. “Once you understand the difference between assets and liabilities, concentrate your efforts on buying income-generating assets.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
20. “The problem with simply working harder is that each of these three levels takes a greater share of your increased efforts. You need to learn how to have your increased efforts benefit you and your family directly.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
Rich Dad Poor Dad quotes to inspire and teach
21. “Wealth is a person’s ability to survive so many number of days forward—or, if I stopped working today, how long could I survive?” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
22. “The rich buy assets. The poor only have expenses. The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
23. “The rich focus on their asset columns while everyone else focuses on their income statements.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
24. “Financial struggle is often directly the result of people working all their lives for someone else.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
25. “The mistake in becoming what you study is that too many people forget to mind their own business. They spend their lives minding someone else’s business and making that person rich.” – Rich Dad Poor Dad
What did you learn from these Rich Dad Poor Dad quotes?
According to Kiyosaki, financial aptitude is what you do with money once you make it, how you keep people from taking it from you, how to keep it longer, and how you make money work hard for you.
You do not have to be a financial advisor or economic specialist to incorporate more effective financial practices in your life.
This book reminds us that the first step to engaging in financial freedom may start with us changing some of our definitions and limiting beliefs about money and how we generate it.
He reminds us that “The rich people acquire assets.
The poor and middle class acquire liabilities that they think are assets.”
Knowing the difference can mean success or failure.
Wealth and opportunity are all around us and it is up to each of us to make it work for us.
Did any of these Rich Dad Poor Dad quotes and lines help you to question or think critically about your financial definitions and practices?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.