Anime fans can unite around these Avatar quotes from The Last Airbender.
There is no denying the success of the anime show, Avatar: The Last Airbender. It first aired in the early 2000s and hasn’t gone anywhere. It’s been wildly successful.
If you’ve never watched the series before, it’s depicted in a time where there are four nations based around fire, earth, water, and air. The Avatar is the one that holds the balance of them together until he disappears. When that happens, peace is lost and war becomes the common theme among the nations.
While the series includes whimsical moments, there are also heavy messages that come along with it. See what you can pick up from these quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these Uncle Iroh quotes celebrating his endless wisdom.
Inspirational Avatar quotes
1. “When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.”- Aang
2. “Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.” – Iroh
3. “Protection and power are overrated. I think you are to choose happiness and love.” – Iroh
4. “Sometimes the best way to solve your own problems is to help someone else.” – Iroh
5. “Let it go.” – Aang
6. “In the darkest of times, hope is something you give yourself.” – Zuko
7. “It’s easy to do nothing, it’s hard to forgive.” – Aang
8. “But now you’re not letting yourself feel anything. I know sometimes it hurts more to hope and it hurts more to care. But you have to promise me that you won’t stop caring.” – Katara
9. “Never forget who you are, for the world surely won’t.” – Zuko
10. “Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not.” – Iroh
Wise Avatar quotes
11. “Love is brightest in the dark.” – Katara
12. “You need to find someone who WAITS and LISTENS before striking.” – King Bumi
13. “I didn’t know what or when, but I knew I’d know it when I knew it!” – King Bumi
14. “The past can be a great teacher.” – Aang
15. “If you want to be a bender, you have to let go of fear.” – Aang
16. “There is nothing wrong with letting the people who love you help you.” – Iroh
17. “I know sometimes it hurts more to hope and it hurts more to care.” – Katara
18. “While it is always best to believe in oneself, a little help from others can be a great blessing.” – Iroh
19. “The true mind can weather all lies and illusions without being lost.” – The Ancient Lion Turtle
20. “You must actively shape your own destiny and the destiny of the world.” – Avatar Kuruk
Funny Avatar quotes
21. “In my dream, we were right in the middle of the invasion, and you stopped to use the bathroom. We die because of your tiny bladder.” – Aang
22. “Hey, we are in enemy territory. Those are enemy birds.” – Sokka
23. “Oh, no! I knew it was only a matter of time! Appa ate Momo! Momo, I’m coming for you, buddy!” – Sokka
24. “Why? Because you think I can’t hang posters on my own? It’s upside down, isn’t it? I’ll just go with Sokka.” – Toph
25. “Relax, Sokka. Where we’re going, you won’t need any pants!” – Aang
26. “I’m a pretty good liar. I am a 400-foot tall purple platypus bear with pink horns and silver wings.” – Azula
27. “My own mother thought I was a monster… She was right of course, but it still hurt.” – Azula
28. “It’s Sparky Sparky Boom Man.” – Aang
29. “It’s a giant mushroom! Maybe it’s friendly!” – Sokka
30. “Stealing is wrong… unless it’s from pirates!” – Katara
31. “Aang, this is my friend, Foofoocuddlypoops. Foofoocuddlypoops, Aang.” – Sokka
Avatar quotes from Iroh
32. “Destiny is a funny thing. You never know how things are going to work out. But if you keep an open mind and an open heart, I promise you will find your own destiny someday.” – Iroh
33. “Sometimes life is like this dark tunnel. You can’t always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you just keep moving, you will come to a better place.” – Iroh
34. “You sound like my nephew, always thinking that you need to do things on your own without anyone’s support.” – Iroh
35. “It is time for you to look inward, and start asking yourself the big questions. Who are you? And what do you want?” – Iroh
36. “You must never give in to despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road and you surrender to your lowest instincts.” – Iroh
37. “Failure is the only opportunity to begin again.” – Iroh
38. “Good times become good memories, but bad times make good lessons.” – Iroh
39. “Sharing tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life’s true delights.” – Iroh
40. “Many things that seem threatening in the dark become welcoming when we shine a light on them.” – Iroh
Avatar quotes that will make your day
41. “Why am I so bad at being good?” – Zuko
42. “I Laugh At Gravity All The Time. Hahaha, Gravity.” – Aang
43. “The strength of your heart makes you who you are” – Katara
44. “As long as I’m confident with who I am, it doesn’t matter what other people think” – Smeller Bee
45. “Harsh words can’t solve problems; action will” – Aang
46. “Sokka, wait! You shouldn’t be eating strange plants!” – Katara
47. “There’s always a right way to do things” – Katara
48. “I’ve always had to struggle and fight, it’s made me who I am” – Zuko
49. “This Isn’t About Finding My Teacher. This Is About Finding My Friend.” – Aang
50. “They don’t see our greatness. They hate us, and we deserve it!” – Zuko
More Avatar quotes
51. “When you’re in your darkest place, you give yourself hope and that’s inner strength.” – Uncle Iroh
52. “No matter how things may seems to change, never forget who you are.” – Avatar The Last Airbender
53. “The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can touch the poison of hatred without being harmed.” – Avatar The Last Airbender
54. “But I believe Aang can save the world.” – Avatar The Last Airbender
55. “She didn’t have the right to lose herself in her rage and let it take her to oblivion. No matter what she’d been through. She wouldn’t allow herself to become a human scar, a compendium of personal loss. She had the obligation to be more than the sum of her grievances with the world.” – F.C. Yee
56. “You sound like my nephew, always thinking you need to do things on your own without anyone’s support. There is nothing wrong with letting the people who love you help you.” – Iroh
Did you enjoy these Avatar quotes?
People that are new to the idea of anime often struggle to understand what the craze is about among fans. But it doesn’t take long simply reading through the quotes to see how many of life’s lessons are communicated through the stories and characters. It has a way of bringing important lessons and ideas from fictional characters in a way that speaks very clearly to some.
For others, anime is simply an escape from the world of reality, which we all can use a little of from time to time. So whether you like to find hidden messages or you simply like to lose yourself in the story, if you enjoyed these Avatar quotes and lines, be sure to check out the series.
Which other movies should we feature on Everyday Power? Let us know in the comment section below.
February 26, 2021 6:00 AM EST