These Ron Swanson quotes will make you see life from a different point of view and inspire you to live your life the way you choose.
Who is Ron Swanson?
Meat-loving libertarian, Ron Swanson, is no stranger to living life to the fullest.
The director of the Parks and Recreation department in Pawnee, Indiana is a mustachioed, macho-man who has a hankering for beef and a passion for freedom.
These Ron Swanson quotes will inspire you to live your life on your own terms.
So, whether that means eating at an all you can eat breakfast buffet, falling in and out of love with a few Tammys, or fishing out your aggression, take a look at these Ron Swanson quotes that will teach you about the meaning of life.
Don’t forget to also read our compilation of Big Lebowski quotes that we can relate to.
Ron Swanson quotes about food
1. “I’m a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.” – Ron Swanson
2. “If there were more food and fewer people, this would be a perfect party.” – Ron Swanson
3. “I call this turf ‘n’ turf. It’s a 16-ounce T-bone and a 24-ounce porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American.” – Ron Swanson
4. “Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait … I worry what you heard was, ‘Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.’ What I said was, give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Do you understand?” – Ron Swanson
5. “Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.” — Ron Swanson
6. “There has never been a sadness that can’t be cured by a breakfast food.” — Ron Swanson
7. “Strippers do nothing for me. But I will take a free breakfast buffet anytime, anyplace.” — Ron Swanson
8. “When I eat, it is the food that is scared.” — Ron Swanson
9. “Fishing is for sport only. Fish meat is practically a vegetable.” — Ron Swanson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of fishing quotes that will make you want to head out on the water.
10. “Breakfast food can serve many purposes.” — Ron Swanson
11. “You had me at ‘Meat Tornado.'” — Ron Swanson
12. “There’s only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that’s lying about being milk.” — Ron Swanson
13. “Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream, or be nothing.” – Ron Swanson
Ron Swanson quotes about patriotism
14. “My idea of a perfect government is one guy who sits in a small room at a desk, and the only thing he’s allowed to decide is who to nuke. The man is chosen based on some kind of IQ test, and maybe also a physical tournament, like a decathlon. And women are brought to him, maybe…when he desires them.” – Ron Swanson
15. “There is only one bad word: taxes.” — Ron Swanson
16. “The government is a greedy piglet that suckles on a taxpayer’s teat until they have sore, chapped nipples.” – Ron Swanson
17. “America: The only country that matters. If you want to experience other ‘cultures,’ use an atlas or a ham radio.” — Ron Swanson
18. “History began on July 4, 1776. Everything that happened before that was a mistake.” — Ron Swanson
Also read these Rodney Dangerfield quotes and famous one-liners.
Ron Swanson quotes about being emotional
19. “Keep your tears in your eyes where they belong.” — Ron Swanson
20. “One rage every three months is permitted. Try not to hurt anyone who doesn’t deserve it.” — Ron Swanson
21. “I’ve cried twice in my life. Once when I was 7 and hit by a school bus. And then again when I heard that Li’l Sebastian had passed.” – Ron Swanson
22. “Crying: acceptable at funerals and at the Grand Canyon.” — Ron Swanson
23. “Fishing relaxes me. It’s like yoga, except I still get to kill something.” – Ron Swanson
Ron Swanson quotes about people
24. “People are idiots.” — Ron Swanson
25. “Friends: one to three is sufficient.” — Ron Swanson
Also check out these Ron Burgundy quotes that will make you laugh out loud.
Do these Ron Swanson quotes inspire you to live life on your terms?
Since the premiere of Parks and Recreation in 2009, Ron Swanson has been sharing his wisdom with the world.
His view on life may be a little unusual, but that is what makes these Ron Swanson quotes so important.
Use these quotes to see life from a different point of view and to inspire you to live your life the way you choose.
Be like Ron Swanson and live life for your passions.
Do these classic Ron Swanson quotes motivate you to enjoy life to the fullest?
Which quote is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST