Rude People Quotes to Deal with Rudeness
February 20, 2023 6:00 AM EST
Finding rude people quotes might be a daunting task, as it requires time and effort.
We have compiled a list of the best rude people quotes to assist you.
In addition, we have also discussed some practical ways to deal with a rude person.
So, without any further delay, let’s get started!
5 Ways to Deal with Rude People
If you encounter a person with rude behavior, try to handle the situation prudently.
Below, we have listed the 5 tried and tested ways to deal with rude behavior.
- Don’t lash out
- Be kind in response to rudeness
- Defuse rudeness with humor
- Try to show empathy
- It’s better to avoid a rude person
Don’t lash out
Although it’s our instinct to lash back when someone annoys us, there are situations when we need to control our emotions.
Avoid escalating the situation no matter how rude a person behaves.
Keep yourself cool and calm.
Taking a deep breath can help you relax your nerves.
It’s a great way to maintain your dignity.
Be Kind in Response to Rudeness
This is another way to defuse the rude behavior of a person.
Try to be positive and act friendly.
Besides, kindness is a powerful antidote to rude or toxic behavior.
If you set an example by staying calm and responding kindly, the other person will act accordingly.
Defuse Rudeness with Humor
You can quickly defuse rudeness by introducing a pinch of humor.
Since a rude person is building anxiety and tension in the atmosphere, humor can help to release that stress.
By throwing a joke, it’s possible to cool down the situation.
Try to Show Empathy
It’s another excellent way to handle a rude person.
When you are showing empathy, it means you understand how the other person is feeling.
Usually, people exhibit rude behavior if he/she thinks no one understands them.
For instance, if a person is facing a rough patch in his/her life, showing empathy can help to defuse the rudeness.
It’s Better to Avoid a Rude Person
If every tip above fails, the final step is avoiding a rude person.
You can immediately eliminate the negative impact of a person’s rude behavior by simply walking away.
In addition, it’s the most effective way to defuse rudeness.
Now, let’s come to our main section related to quotes and sayings about rude people.
Top 10 Rude People Quotes
These are the best rude people quotes to read and share.
1. “People are rude in general.” ― Eric Wareheim
2. “I was so rude when I was a little girl.” ― Rihanna
3. “A gentleman is never rude except on purpose.” ― Christopher Hitchens
4. “Get as rude as possible and don’t let anyone tell you how to live.” ― Mick Mars
5. “You can’t be truly rude until you understand good manners.” ― Rita Mae Brown
6. “It’s a rather rude gesture, but at least it’s clear what you mean.” ― Katharine Hepburn
7. “You can be strong and true to yourself without being rude or loud.” ― Paula Radcliffe
8. “I was raised not to be rude, but I also try to get the best work out of people.” ― Dick Wolf
9. “A soft refusal is not always taken, but a rude one is immediately believed.” ― Alexander Chase
10. “A polite enemy is just as difficult to discredit as a rude friend is to protect.” ― Bryant H. McGill
Rude People Quotes That Teach Lessons
Following rude people, quotes have valuable lessons inside.
11. “We don’t have to be rude with each other; we have to be diplomatic.” ― Adolfo Aguilar Zinser
12. “It’s not a slam at you when people are rude; it’s a slam at the people they’ve met before.” ― Scott Fitzgerald
13. “The rude awakening I got was that this country can determine the fate of anyone by using propaganda on a public that is hungry for lies.” ― Bushwick Bill
14. “The environment around you shapes who you are. How you handle an emergency or how you react when someone is rude to you, that’s you.” ― Halsey
15. “It doesn’t matter if I’m right or wrong – if I’m hungry or hot, I’m probably arguing with someone about something. Especially if that someone is rude.” ― Domhnall Gleeson
16. “When checking in at an airport, no matter how rude the check-in person is to you, always smile and be nice because you don’t know what kind of day they’ve had.” ― Ross Kemp
17. “Keep your private life private. Be open to suggestions from different people. And just be nice. I have heard stories about people who are just plain rude to the press or fans.” ― Michelle Trachtenberg
18. “People see me as maybe even ignorant. People see me as a threat or rude or whatever. It’s a lot of people who just don’t know me.” ― August Alsina
19. “A rude nature is worse than a brute nature by so much more as man is better than a beast: and those that are of civil natures and genteel dispositions are as much nearer to celestial creatures as those that are rude and cruel are to devils.” ― Margaret Cavendish
20. “The problem is that we often use this glorious ability of ours to stay stuck in mediocrity. Oh, the years we waste adapting to lousy marriages, soul-sucking jobs, being friends with people who are rude to waitresses.” ― Jen Sincero
Some Bold Rude People Quotes
These rude people’s quotes are bold, and you will also like to read them to learn something new.
21. “Fascinatingly confident, rude people are great.” ― Steven Moffat
22. “I can remember how rude I could be at times to journalists and people phoning up for advice.” ― Benjamin Cohen
23. “Yeah, I’m obnoxious, yeah, I cut people off, yeah, I’m rude. You know why? Because you’re busy.” ― Bill O’Reilly
24. “Kids nowadays, I remember when I was in school, they were just rude, even to the teachers and stuff.” ― Madeline Carroll
25. “If people say something rude or off-color, you have to take it with a grain of salt because they don’t know you.” ― Chris Daughtry
26. “For every rude executive who makes it to the top, there are nine successful executives with good manners.” ― Letitia Baldrige
27. “It’s easy to just be rude or just be nasty. I think it’s actually harder for people to say something positive; it’s interesting.” ― Karrueche Tran
28. “Most middle-class whites have no idea what it feels like to be subjected to police who are routinely suspicious, rude, belligerent, and brutal.” ― Benjamin Spock
29. “Journalists are accused of being lapdogs when they don’t ask the hard questions, but then accused of being rude when they do. Good thing we have tough hides.” ― Gwen Ifill
30. “The thing about hearing loss is that no one can see it. Most people are so impatient; they just assume that the person with hearing loss is being rude or slow-witted.” ― Marion Ross
Emotional Rude People Quotes
Following rude people, quotes show the different emotional sides of humans.
31. “I’d hate to have a job where I had to be rude to people.” ― Clay Aiken
32. “I didn’t want to be treated like a ‘star.’ I fought it constantly, and I think I was rude.” ― Barry Manilow
33. “Rude interviewers are ten a penny, and politicians have long since learned how to cope.” ― Andrew Marr
34. “I’m the most un-diva-ish person you’ll meet. I’m never rude to people, and I am always on time.” ― Jessie J
35. “I’m definitely a crier. I get really emotional if someone’s being rude or says something mean about me.” ― Sky Ferreira
36. “Anytime anybody is rude, it makes me double-check my own behavior to make sure I don’t do that to other people.” ― Patricia Heaton
37. “Most people are not shocked that I am occasionally rude to journalists. They are probably amazed I don’t punch one in the face.” ― Ken Livingstone
38. “As a human being, you know that there are some days when you’d rather not talk to anybody – but I can’t really do that anymore without appearing rude.” ― Jim Parsons
39. “I don’t mind rude people. I want people that I can make money with, so if their executional abilities are good, and they’re arrogant and rude, I don’t care.” ― Kevin O’Leary
40. “When I was a teenager, I met a comedian who I admired, and he was very rude to me. That’s why when people come up to me, I try not to be rude. I don’t want to name who he is, but it really put me off watching his stuff since.” ― Stephen Merchant
Some More Rude People Quotes
These are some more rude people quotes!
41. “I’m not a rude boy; I’m my own thing.” ― Ashley Thomas
42. “If my girls are rude, it’s over. There is no place in the world for it.” ― Brooke Shields
43. “If somebody is mean or rude, I just, I don’t engage – just block and say, ‘Well, that’s not very polite.’” ― Bryan Fuller
44. “Here in California, a lot of people are just kinda rude, and they’re really impatient, especially on the freeways and stuff.” ― Cayden Boyd
45. “Charm, I think, is education, really, no? I was educated to be nice to everybody. If you want to be rude and mean, I’m sure your life isn’t that nice.” ― Mario Testino
46. “When you’re growing up, I think there’s this idea that the coolest people are the ones who are really rude and feverish. But I’ve come to realize that isn’t cool.” ― Charli XCX
47. “There’s nothing to be said for being famous. It’s a pain. You can’t be rude to people – it’s inexcusable not to be nice.” ― Terry Wogan
48. “Rude people will now & then ask me why I think I know so much about Politics. I tell them it’s because I’m Smart… But that is a lie: The real reason is that I’m an incurable Gambling addict.” ― Hunter S. Thompson
49. “Whiny people who want to throw food and make noise and interrupt and be rude and act like children, they can sit at the kids’ table.” ― Matt Bevin
50. “I’d always been fascinated by people who allow themselves to be so rude and irritated and foul-mouthed and hostile, but usually you can sense there’s something vulnerable beneath them – a shield they use to protect that vulnerable side.” ― Paul Dano
Which One of these Rude People Quotes is your Favorite?
Sharing the rude people’s quotes listed above is a great way to let someone realize his/her rude behavior.
It’s a more subtle way to deal with rudeness.
You can share these quotes with your friends, family, and colleagues.
The rude people quotes listed in our top ten sections are short yet inspiring.
This makes them the best choice for sharing via social media platforms.
Besides, if you have found your favorite rude people quote, just share it with us via the comments section.