It is springtime, and the dandelions are everywhere!
Some people get annoyed when this little yellow flower-like weed pops up all around their yards, but not me.
It might be classified as a weed, but it is a part of the daisy family.
So, just what is wrong with dandelions?
Not much, really!
In fact, these inspirational dandelion quotes will give you a new appreciation for the plant.
Unlike other weeds, they are noxious, which means they do not cause an ecological, economic, or public health threat.
The only thing this little weed is guilty of is spreading its seeds easily and growing everywhere!
That attribute can also make for some beautifully whimsical dandelion quote tattoo ideas!
Dandelions are actually edible and even good for you!
The plant is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Dandelion greens can be eaten (cooked or raw), and are an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K.
It even has vitamin E, folate, and small amounts of other B vitamins.
Enjoy these dandelion quotes and sayings!
Don’t forget to also check out these lemon quotes that will help you live a life full of zest.
The best dandelion quotes for tattoos
1. “Dandelions don’t tell no lies…” – Mick Jagger
2. “Already the dandelions Are changed into vanishing ghosts.” – Celia Thaxter
3. “Most of the dandelions had changed from suns into moons.” – Vladimir Nabokov
4. “Cause-and-effect will not explain even the individuality of a single dandelion.” — D.H. Lawrence
5. “I have lost my smile, but don’t worry. The dandelion has it.” ― Nhat Hanh
6. “Pull out the weeds, or make peace with the dandelions.” ― Frank Sonnenberg
7. “Never overlook wallflower at dance; may be dandelion in grass.” ― Confucius
8. “If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn.” ― Andrew Mason
9. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
10. “I decapitated dandelions all morning, leaving carnage and death strewn into my path.” – Laurie Halse Anderson
Inspirational dandelion quotes about hope and life
11. “Beautiful as a dandelion-blossom golden in the green grass, this life can be.” ― Edna St. Vincent Millay
12. “Dandelions, like all things in nature, are beautiful when you take time to pay attention to them.” ― June Stoyer
13. “Some people need flowers, some people need dandelions. It’s medicine, it’s what you need at that time in your life.” ― Sandra Cisneros
14. “No creature is fully itself till it is, like the dandelion, opened in the bloom of pure relationship to the sun, the entire living cosmos.” ― D. H. Lawrence
15. “By the time we left college, I had become my own image: a dandelion in the flower bed of society. Kinda cute, but still a weed.” ― Anne Fortier
16. “We have to do what we have to do. Miracles happen. The life force of this planet is very strong. Dandelions poke through sidewalks. We don’t know enough to give up. We only know enough to know that we have to try to change the course of human events.” ― Elizabeth May
17. “In a world full of roses, stand out like a dandelion in the middle of a green, plush lawn!” ― June Stoyer
18. “Don’t hover around lives that you are supposed to touch only for a brief while. If you don’t know how to drift away, ask a dandelion and it will show you the way!” ― Indhumathi
19. “What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again.” ― Suzanne Collins
20. “If you find yourself worrying, go outside, take three breaths, address a tree and quietly say, ‘Thank you.’ If you can’t find a tree, a dandelion will do… Nature is magic.” ― Robert Bateman
21. “Grabbing the dandelion in my fist, taught me a thing; no longer did they belong to the sky, nor could I call them mine. There is beauty in every let-go.” ― Kavisha
22. “Don’t intend to be like the dandelions because they might collapse beautifully, but unlike you, they can never be glued back into a whole ever again!” ― Manisha
Dandelion quotes and sayings about comparing them to other things
23. “Once an idea is out and about, it can’t be called back, silenced or erased. You can’t contain it, any more than you could put the head of a dandelion back together after the wind has scattered its seeds.” ― P.W. Catanese
24. “What an indulgence it would be, to just blow off my head, all my mean spirits disappearing with a gun blast, like blowing a seedy dandelion apart.” ― Gillian Flynn
25. “I watch the ashes swim around like dandelion puffs, making swirls where bodies and walls once stood.” ― Lauren DeStefano
26. “Scandals are like dandelion seeds–they are arrow-headed, and stick where they fall, and bring forth and multiply fourfold.” ― Ouida
27. “Sometimes it seemed to him that his life was delicate as a dandelion. One little puff from any direction, and it was blown to bits.” ― Katherine Paterson
28. “I was as unburdened as a piece of dandelion fluff, and he was the wind that stirred me about the world.” ― Sarah J. Maas
29. “Some ideas, like dandelions in lawns, strike tenaciously: you may pull off the top but the root remains, drives down suckers and may even sprout again.” ― Elizabeth Bowen
30. “I float my words like dandelions, parachuting memories of warm summer days.” ― Manish Mohan
Dandelion quotes about love, beauty, and strength
31. “So much love, too much love, it is our madness, it is rotting us out, exploding us like dandelion polls.” ― John Updike
32. “Dandelions are just friendly little weeds who only want to be loved like flowers.” ― Heather Babcock
33. “Nobody loves the head of a dandelion. Maybe because they are so many, strong, and soon.”― Toni Morrison
34. “The man who worries morning and night about the dandelions in the lawn will find great relief in loving the dandelions.” ― Liberty Hyde Bailey
35. “Next time you see a yardful of sprouting dandelions, note that they look remarkably like things we call “flowers.” And later, when the flowers turn into fluff balls, look closely at one of those fluff balls and ask yourself whether it’s really so unattractive.” ― Robert Wright
36. “You fight dandelions all weekend, and late Monday afternoon there they are, pert as all get out, in full and gorgeous bloom, pretty as can be, thriving as only dandelions can in the face of adversity.” ― Hal Borland
37. “If dandelions were rare and fragile, people would knock themselves out to pay $14.95 a plant, raise them by hand in greenhouses, and form dandelion societies and all that. But, they are everywhere and don’t need us and kind of do what they please. So we call them weeds and murder them at every opportunity.” ― Robert Fulghum
38. “Why doesn’t constant trampling defeat the dandelion? The key to its strength is its long and sturdy root, which extends deep into the earth. The same principle applies to people. The true victors in life are those who, enduring repeated challenges and setbacks, have sent the roots of their being to such a depth that nothing can shake them.” ― Daisaku Ikeda
39. “How can you seize its beauty with your meagre power of destruction? Blown by the wind, a dandelion still spreads happy florets!” ― Kavisha
40. “You knew that you could have grown like a weed, raising on other’s strength. But you chose to bloom like a dandelion, creating your own magic. Trust me darling, nothing can be more beautiful than this.” ― Kriti
41. “Learn to let go like a dandelion. And watch the love grow on you, freshly. Again.” ― Soumojit Dutt
Poetic dandelion quotes for a new perspective
42. “Those cotton dandelions wafting on the breeze,
Are nothing but the immigrants passing through these trees.
Spreading their wings, With all their might,
To make their kids (seeds) enjoy their flight!”
― Mahesh Mali
43. “The dandelion’s pallid tube
Astonishes the grass,
And winter instantly becomes
An infinite alas.”
― Emily Dickinson
44. “But dandelions were what she chiefly saw. Yellow jewels for everyday studding the patched green dress of her back yard. She liked their demure prettiness second to their everydayness; for in that latter quality she thought she saw a picture of herself, and it was comforting to find that what was common could also be a flower.” ― Gwendolyn Brooks
45. “Go for a short walk in a soft rain – lovely – so many wild flowers startling me through the woods and a lawn sprinkled with dandelions, like a night with stars. And through it all the sound of soft rain like the sound of innumerable earthworms stirring in the ground.” ― Anne Morrow Lindbergh
46. “It gives one a sudden start in going down a barren, stoney street, to see upon a narrow strip of grass, just within the iron fence, the radiant dandelion, shining in the grass, like a spark dropped from the sun.” ― Henry Ward Beecher
47. “Masked allegations were never in the light. And yet, the dandelions here, sit pretty against the sky.” ― Unknown
48. “I broke away like a fluffy dandelion sprouting its serene parachute pappus, waiting for the breeze to recede away.” ― Kashyapi
More Dandelion Quotes and Sayings
49. “Killing Jesus was like trying to destroy a dandelion seed-head by blowing on it”
50. “Organic as a dandelion seed, [the ship of our imagination] will carry us to worlds of dreams and worlds of facts.” – Carl Sagan
51. “Take your materials from what is around you – if you see a dandelion, write about that; if it’s misty, write about the mist. The materials for poetry are all about you in profusion.” – Masaoka Shiki
52. “She has a dandelion wishes and lioness dreams.” – J. Iron Word
53. “Do not wish to be anything but what you are and do that perfectly.” – St. Frances De Sales
Philosophical Dandelion Quotes
54. “She spotted a lone dandelion,and it crossed her mind that a younger Luce would have pounced on it and then made a wish and blown it. But Luce’s wishes felt too heavy for something so light.” — Lauren Kate
55. “I’m allergic to family occasions. Sometimes I think we’d do better as dandelion seeds-no family, no history, just floating off into the world, each on our own piece of fluff.” — Sophie Kinsella
56. “When love, that dandelion fluff, that always comes and goes with the first wind thread, will pass on to your door, then you will know you met me.” — Octavian Paler
57. “Last summer, I spent almost an hour blowing dandelions off their stems towards him, so that he had a chance to wish for everything he wanted.” — Helen Oyeyemi
58. “The dandelions and buttercups gild all the lawn: the drowsy bee stumbles among the clover tops, and summer sweetens all to me.” — James Russell Lowell
59. “The ability of dandelions to tell the time is somewhat exaggerated, owing to the fact that there is always one seed that refuses to be blown off; the time usually turns out to be 37 o’clock.” — Miles Kington
60. “Rhythm is best expressed in any swing directed at a cigar stump or a dandelion head.” — Grantland Rice
61. “Whether a dandelion is a weed or a flower is entirely a matter of perspective.” — Julia Tagliere
62. “Killing Jesus was like trying to destroy a dandelion seed-head by blowing on it” — Walter Wink
Dandelion Quotes That Will Make Your Day
63. “There are no gods, thank god, but there are dandelions. Go out and pick some.” ― Marty Rubin
64. “Dandelions spring up where civilizations have been destroyed.” ― Marty Rubin
65. “I turn and run, watching my feet trample a massacre of weeds. I mourn them. The only thing that grows is dandelions in the cracks of the sidewalk and we always end up killing them.” ― Ellie Lieberman
66. “To this day, I can never shake the connection between this boy, Peeta Mellark, and the bread that gave me hope, and the dandelion that reminded me that I was not doomed.” — Suzanne Collins
67. “Dandelion wine. The words were summer on the tongue. The wine was summer caught and stopped…sealed away for opening on a January day with snow falling fast and the sun unseen for weeks.” — Ray Bradbury
68. “We like to put sacred texts in flowing waters, so I rolled it up, tied it to a piece of wood, placed a dandelion on top, and floated it in the stream which flows into the Swat River. Surely God would find it there.” — Malala Yousafzai
69. “Young Dandelion On a hedge-side Said young Dandelion Who’ll be my bride? Said young Dandelion With a sweet air, I have my eye on Miss Daisy fair.” — Dinah Maria Murlock Craik
70. “As for family values, they are whatever they are – some families are tight, others are blown away like dandelion puffs. A main value in Minnesota is still: don’t waste my time, don’t B.S. me, I wasn’t born yesterday.” — Garrison Keillor
71. “I am not a lover of lawns. Rather would I see daisies in their thousands, ground ivy, hawkweed, and even the hated plantain with tall stems, and dandelions with splendid flowers and fairy down, than the too – well-tended lawn.” — William Henry Hudson
72. “Bearing in his right paw the shovel that digs to the truth beneath appearances, cut the roots of useless attachments, and flings damp sand on the fires of greed and war; His left paw in the Mudra of Comradely Display – indicating that all creatures have the full right to live to their limits and that deer, rabbits, chipmunks, snakes, dandelions, and lizards all grow in the realm of the Dharma.” — Gary Snyder
73. “Sometimes you have to fall before you fly.”
74. “Go wherever the wind blows…”
75. “Wherever the wind takes me…”
76. “Behaving as the wind behaves.”
77. “Dancing with the Wind.”
78. “Count the garden by the flowers, never by the leaves that fall.”
79. “Every breath is a second chance.”
80. “Be like a dandelion, whenever they fall apart, they start again. Have hope.” ― Unknown
Thought Provoking Dandelion quotes
81. “Easy as a child breathes a wish at a dandelion… is exactly how hard it would be for me to tear your limbs from their sockets.” ― Adam Levin
82. “I want people to know that it’s not always dandelions and roses when you’re doing something like ‘Aladdin.’” ― Mena Massoud
83. “A lot of the flowers I like are weeds. Oh, and dandelions, but they’re weeds, too.” ― Daniel Rigb
84. “Easy as a child breathes a wish at a dandelion… is exactly how hard it would be for me to tear your limbs from their sockets.” ― Adam Levin
85. “God values our dandelion love.” ― Marnie Swedberg
86. “Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.” ― Jim Rohn
87. “Laughter felt like blowing dandelion seeds to make your wishes scatter through the air where everyone could see them.” ― Jeremy Jenkins
88. “We wish upon dandelions, those that are gone with the wind. We wish upon shooting stars, those that burn as they fall. You still don’t get it? Our wishes are just as fleeting.” ― Landlocked Sailor
89. “My fans are pretty spot-on with their gifts. This girl that was super into baking had made this entire batch of cookies – there were one with a dandelion on it, one with a trailer, and some had my face.” ― Kacey Musgraves
90. “For honey bees, a dandelion is the first sign of Spring!” ― June Stoyer
What did you learn from these dandelion wish quotes?
If you didn’t know that dandelions are edible, and are often found in many health supplements, then these other dandelion uses might also surprise you!
Dandelions are a rich source of beta-carotene and polyphenolic compounds.
These compounds are known for their strong antioxidant capabilities, which help prevent aging and certain diseases.
You might wonder if it is safe to eat a dandelion straight from your yard.
The answer is yes (as long as it hasn’t been sprayed with anything)!
Now, that might seem a little strange, so if you want to prepare it somehow, here are a few ideas.
You can make dandelion tea, use dandelion root as a coffee replacement, and even fry the flowers in tempura batter!
If you don’t want to cook your dandelions, then look for a supplement that lists dandelion or dandelion root in the ingredients.
Otherwise, you can always wait for the petals to turn into the whispery seeds, blow, and make a wish!
If a little child should pick the pretty flower for you before then, put it in some water, and give it a little love.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these dandelion quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 25, 2022 6:00 AM EST