Fans of adult fantasy will love these Acotar quotes from the New York Times Best Seller!
Acotar is an adult fantasy book series written by Sarah J. Maas, which has won multiple awards, including “Best Fantasy & Science Fiction” in 2021.
Acotar stands for “A Court of Thorns and Roses” and is a five-book series.
Hulu announced in 2021 that it would adapt the series into a television series.
Maas published the first book in the series, titled “A Court of Thorns and Roses,” in 2015, and the most recent book in the series, called “A Court of Silver Flames,” was published in 2021.
Maas drew inspiration from past fairy tales and initially intended for the series to be a retelling of the fairy tales “Beauty and the Beast,” “East of the Sun and West of the Moon,” and “Tam Lin.”
Take a look at these Acotar quotes to learn more about the popular book series.
You will also enjoy our article on Six of Crows quotes.
Acotar Quotes About Love and Life
These Acotar series quotes can be applied to relationships and life in general.
1. “I came to claim the one I love.” — Sarah J. Maas
2. “Love won’t feed a hungry belly.” — Sarah J. Maas
3. “Everything I love has always had a tendency to be taken from me.” — Sarah J. Maas
4. “We need hope, or else we cannot endure.” — Sarah J. Maas
5. “Don’t feel bad for one moment about doing what brings you joy.” — Sarah J. Maas
6. “Only you decide what breaks you.” — Sarah J. Maas
7. “Better to die with my chin held high than groveling like a cowering worm.” — Sarah J. Maas
8. “I threw myself into that fire, threw myself into it, into him, and let myself burn.” — Sarah J. Maas
9. “Pity those who don’t feel anything at all.” — Sarah J. Maas
10. “Against slavery, against tyranny, I would gladly go to my death, no matter whose freedom I was defending.” — Sarah J. Maas
11. “There is a better world out there, waiting for you to find it.” — Sarah J. Maas
12. “Each of us has a beast roaming beneath our skin, roaring to get out.” — Sarah J. Maas
13. “And I wondered if love was too weak a word for what we felt, what he’d done for me. For what I felt for him.” — Sarah J. Maas
Check out our collection of Looking for Alaska quotes if you enjoy this article.
Popular Acotar Quotes
Enjoy more quotes from the fantasy series.
14. “The quickest way to a man’s heart is through the fourth and fifth rib.” — Sarah J. Maas
15. “Magic—everything was magic, and it broke my heart.” — Sarah J. Maas
16. “For though my strikes lands a powerful blow when I kill, I do it slow.” — Sarah J. Maas
17. “I was not prey any longer, I decided as I eased up to that door.” — Sarah J. Maas
18. “I don’t like goodbyes. If I could, I’d just walk out and not say anything.” — Sarah J. Maas
19. “Everything I love has always had a tendency to be taken from me. I tell very few about the wings.” — Sarah J. Maas
20. “It’s a rare day indeed when someone thanks you for bringing them to their death.” — Sarah J. Maas
21. “Fate had kept me alive just to get to this point, just to see if I was listening.” — Sarah J. Maas
22. “There are those who seek me a lifetime but never we meet, and those I kiss but who trample me beneath ungrateful feet.” — Sarah J. Maas
23. “I now wondered if the lullaby of death was not a lovely song but the droning of flies. If flies and maggots were all Death’s handmaidens.” — Sarah J. Maas
24. “I stepped out of the shelter of my savior’s arm and turned to thank you. Standing before me was the most beautiful man I’d ever seen.” — Sarah J. Maas
25. “There are different kinds of darkness. There is the darkness that frightens, the darkness that soothes, the darkness that is restful.” — Sarah J. Maas
You will also enjoy our article on Fiddler on the Roof quotes.
What is the Plot of the Acotar Series?
Acotar follows a young woman named Feyre, who kills a wolf in the woods.
A beast-like creature called Tamlin, who is an immortal faerie, drags Feyre to the dangerous world of Fae to demand retribution for the killing of the wolf.
Along the way, Feyre realizes that Tamlin is not an animal, and she falls in love with him.
Once in Fae, Feyre realizes that she must stop the wicked shadow growing over the faerie lands, or Tamlin and his world will be lost forever.
Please share these Acotar quotes with your fantasy-loving friends and post any comments about the book series in the comment section below.