The Crow is a 1994 American superhero film starring Brandon Lee.
These The Crow quotes speak to life and death, which is ironic given the tragedy that took place.
It would be Brandon’s last performance as he died during the filming of the movie.
Which scene did Brandon Lee die in, and who shot him?
Well, there is a part of the movie where Brandon’s character, Eric, is killed after he walks in on thugs beating and raping his fiance.
He is shot and killed in the scene, and then later a crow taps on his tombstone.
The Crow is born and Eric climbs out of the grave.
Lee had completed most of his filming before this scene, which ended in a horrible tragedy.
A previous scene using the same gun had called for inert dummy cartridges fitted with bullets.
However, powder and primer were not to be loaded in the revolver.
These dummy cartridges provide a more authentic appearance than blank rounds and work well in close-up shots.
Keep reading through these The Crow quotes to learn more about the accident.
Don’t forget to also check out these Conan the Barbarian quotes to make you feel powerful.
The Crow best quotes about death
1. “People once believed that when someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead. But sometimes, something so bad happens that a terrible sadness is carried with it and the soul can’t rest. Then sometimes, just sometimes, the crow can bring that soul back to put the wrong things right.” — Sarah
2. Albrecht: “You’re the guy that murdered Tin-Tin.”
Eric Draven: “He was already dead. He died a year ago the moment he touched her. They’re all dead. They just don’t know it yet.”
3. “Our friend T-bird won’t be joining us this evening on account of a slight case of death.” — Top Dollar
4. “Take your shot, Funboy. You got me dead bang.” — Eric Draven
5. “I’m not gonna kill you. Your job will be to tell the rest of them that death is coming for them tonight. Tell them Eric Draven sends his regards.” — Eric Draven
6. “Murderer, man? Murderer? Let me tell you about murder. It’s fun, it’s easy, and you gonna learn all about it.” — Tin Tin
7. “Dad gave me this. Fifth birthday. He said, “Childhood’s over the moment you know you’re gonna die.” — Top Dollar
8. “I knew I knew you, I knew I knew you. But you ain’t you. You can’t be you. We put you through the window. There ain’t no coming back. This is the really-real world, there ain’t no coming back. We killed you dead, there ain’t no coming back! There ain’t no coming back! There ain’t no coming back!” — T-Bird
9. “That’s him! But he looked different. He was all painted up white like some sort of dead whore! I seen him!” — Skank
The Crow movie quotes about God and the devil
10. “No, I want you to set a fire so goddamn big, the gods’ll notice us again, that’s what I’m sayin’. I want all of you boys to be able to look me straight in the eye one more time and say: ARE WE HAVING FUN OR WHAT?” — Top Dollar
11. “Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children. Do you understand? Morphine is bad for you. Your daughter is out there on the streets waiting for you.” — Eric Draven
12. “Jesus Christ? Stop me if you heard this one: Jesus Christ walks into a hotel.” — Eric Draven
13. “Abashed the Devil stood and felt how awful goodness is.” — T-Bird
14. “A guy shows up looking like a mime from Hell, and you lose him right out in the open. Well, at least he didn’t do that walking against the wind shit, I hate that.” — Albrecht
15. “Ya know, my daddy used to say every man’s got a devil. And you can’t rest ’til you find him.” — Top Dollar
Witty The Crow quotes
16. Albrecht: “Are you gonna vanish into thin air again?”
Eric Draven: “I thought I’d use your front door.”
17. “Greed is for amateurs. Disorder, chaos, anarchy: now that’s fun!” — Top Dollar
18. “A whole jolly club with jolly pirate nicknames!” — Eric Draven
19. “So many cops, you’d think they givin’ away donuts.” — Albrecht
20. Albrecht: “I thought, you know, you were invincible!”
Eric Draven: “I was. I’m not anymore.”
21. “Aw, this is already boring the shit out of me. Kill ‘im!” — Top Dollar
22. “For a ghost, you bleed just fine.” — Top Dollar
23. “I’d like you to meet two buddies of mine. We never miss.” — Tin Tin
24. “I feel like a little worm on a big fuckin’ hook.” — Skank
25. “My livelihood got flushed and went swirling.” — Gideon
Did you enjoy this list of The Crow quotes?
The film’s prop crew created their own dummy bullets due to time constraints.
They pulled the bullets from live rounds and dumped the powder charge, before placing the bullets back in the chamber.
However, they accidentally left the live primer in place.
During filming, the revolver discharged by accident, and one of those dummy bullets was driven partway into the barrel.
It went unnoticed by the crew and prop staff.
In the scene where Lee was fatally shot, by actor Michael Massee, the same gun would be shot at Lee from about 12 feet away.
They loaded it with blanks since they didn’t need the appearance of real bullets, unaware that there was a bullet in the chamber.
That bullet would hit Lee in the abdomen with about the same velocity as a real bullet.
He endured six hours of surgery before succumbing to his injuries.
The movie was amazing, but Lee’s death cast a shadow over the film.
It is an action-packed visual marvel you should check out if you haven’t seen it.
Did you enjoy reading this list of The Crow quotes and lines?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 11, 2022 5:00 AM EST