Enter ‘a world of pure imagination’ with these classic Willy Wonka quotes.
When Roald Dahl published Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory in 1964, he probably didn’t know that his children’s novel about the owner of a candy empire would become a story cherished by families for generations.
That, however, was set in stone when Gene Wilder portrayed the eccentric character in the 1971 film adaptation.
The classic film took viewers into a chocolate fantasyland paradise where everything you see is edible (or eatable) – though you shouldn’t eat the people.
Willy Wonka may have been the owner of a very prestigious candy factory, but he had no problem dishing out sass to misbehaving children and their parents.
Wilder’s delivery of Wonka’s sarcastic lines is a large part of what makes this classic film so quotable.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of inspirational quotes for kids.
Funny Willy Wonka quotes
1. “Time is a precious thing. Never waste it.” — Willy Wonka
2. “The suspense is terrible! I hope it’ll last.” — Willy Wonka
3. “I’m sorry, but all questions must be submitted in writing.” — Willy Wonka
4. “It happens every time, they all become blueberries.” — Willy Wonka
Classic Willy Wonka quotes
5. “Welcome my friends. Welcome to my chocolate factory.” — Willy Wonka
6. “If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.” — Willy Wonka
7. “So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.” — Willy Wonka
8. “She was a bad egg.” — Willy Wonka
9. “Impossible, my dear lady! That’s absurd! Unthinkable!” — Willy Wonka
10. “Help. Police, Murder.” — Willy Wonka
Willy Wonka candy quotes
11. “It happens every time, they all become blueberries.” — Willy Wonka
12. “Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.” — Willy Wonka
13. “The snozberries taste like snozberries.” — Willy Wonka
14. “No other factory in the world mixes its chocolate by waterfall…But it’s the only way if you want it just right.” — Willy Wonka
Also read these classic David Bowie quotes that will inspire you to be true to your tune.
Wise Willy Wonka quotes
15. “Everything in this room is edible. Even I’m edible. But, that would be called cannibalism. It is looked down upon in most societies.” — Willy Wonka
16. “If the good lord intended us to walk, he never would’ve invented roller skates.” — Willy Wonka
17. “A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.” — Willy Wonka
18. “You’re turning violet, Violet!” — Mr. Beauregarde
19. “Daddy, I want a goose. Now!” — Veruca Salt
20. “No, no, don’t speak. For some moments in life, there are no words. Run along now.” — Willy Wonka
Other memorable Willy Wonka quotes
21. “You really shouldn’t mumble. because I can’t understand a word you’re saying.” — Willy Wonka
22. “So shines a good deed in a weary world.” — Willy Wonka
23. “We are the Music Makers and we are the Dreamers of Dreams” — Willy Wonka
24. “Invention is 93% perspiration 6% inspiration 3% perspiration and 2% butter scotch ripple.” — Willy Wonka
25. “There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you’ll be free if you truly wish to be.” — Willy Wonka
Did you ever want to try an Everlasting Gobstopper?
In Willy Wonka’s wonderous world of creative candy concoctions, was there anything that you didn’t want to try as a kid?
Or even now as a sweet-toothed grown-up?
Willy Wonka may have had a disdain for spoiled children, but he sure knew how to please a sugar craving.
Wonka’s endless imagination and passion for candy creations taught children to think out of the box and be inventive.
Today, take time out of your day to remember what it was like to be a child.
Let your imagination run wild.
You may be surprised at the places it takes you.
Which inspirational Willy Wonka quote is your favorite?
Do you prefer the classic film or the 2005 remake better?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 11, 2022 5:00 AM EST