Our latest collection of Michael Bernard Beckwith quotes will help you create a mindset that can transform your life.
Just who is Michael Bernard Beckwith?
Well, he is a New Thought minister, author, and founder and spiritual director of the Agape International Spiritual Center in Beverly Hills, California.
He and the spiritual center are involved in various outreach programs, aimed at improving the local community.
He has also written many books.
Spiritual Liberation, published in 2009, won the Gold Medal Nautilus Book Award.
He also wrote Forty Day Mind Fast Soul Feast, A Manifesto of Peace, and TranscenDance Expanded.
He wrote a seminal book in 2018, Life Visioning, which was listed as one of “15 Books to Help Solve 15 Life Problems” on Oprah.com.
Michael Beckwith has a pretty simple belief system.
He embraces a practical approach to spirituality.
It utilizes meditation, affirmative prayer, and Life Visioning™, a process he created.
These practices, and these Michael Beckwith quotes teach us to take the experience of inner peace and awakened awareness into our everyday lives.*
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Inspirational Michael Bernard Beckwith Quotes
1. “When we shift from negatively complaining to positively affirming, conditions change. Then complaining is no longer the operative law in our life-freedom is.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Everyday Application: Your brain will believe what you tell it, and negative thoughts have a way of bringing more things to complain about into our lives. Instead of focusing on the negative, look for the positive. This won’t make hardship disappear, but rather help your brain seek and recognize the things you have going for you. This will bring about more good things!
2. “A person all wrapped up in themselves makes for a mighty small package.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Everyday Application: When you focus less on yourself you expand your presence into the world and the people around you. You influence reaches farther, and you begin to live a life with purpose and meaning.
3. “Do you press the “pause” button – the “until” button in life by saying “I can’t be happy until…”? Press the “play” button and rejoice in the nowness of the moment.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Everyday Application: Live in the present. Focus on what you have here and now, and the opportunities that present themselves to you. Waiting for the perfect moment to do things is a good way to do nothing.
4. “You are at a choice-point in every moment of each circumstance, each activity, spoken word and thought” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Everyday Application: The power of our choices is immense. Everything we do is a matter of choice. Do we say “yes” or “no” to this opportunity? How do we behave in a given situation? All choices have consequences (good and bad). Give yourself a moment to think about your choices before you make a decision!
5. “The universe corresponds to the nature of your song.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Everyday Application: This is a poetic way of explaining the Law of Attraction, which states that you will attract into your life whatever you focus on. Pick a good song to live your life to, one that looks for the positive, makes the most of negative things by focusing on the lesson (or what you gained rather than what you lost).
Also see these Law of Attraction quotes that will help you achieve your goals.
6. “Stop looking outside for help. You’re sourced and fuelled and funded by a renewable resource, which is within you. It never runs out. It is your Essence. It’s your life.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Everyday Application: Think about something so powerful and endless being inside you. This essence gives you the ability to achieve your dreams and live the life you want. Outside factors will always be around, but so is your ability to overcome!
7. “Do you live in a mine field or a garden? When we live in a minefield mentality, we explode with the weeds of worry, doubt, fear, lack and limitation. Choose to cultivate your inner garden!” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Everyday Application: A mine field is a scary place, but it is great imagery. Are you tiptoeing around your life and being held back by fear? Or would you rather plant seeds and help your dreams come to life? Take one action a day that moves you from your comfort zone and gets you closer to a beautiful garden.
8. “Integrity is about being integrated with the spiritual values of the Universe. It is also about being happy, because happiness and joy mean that you’re coming into integrity with your soul.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Everyday Application: Happiness is possible. You can choose to be happy and grateful everyday. Your inner self wants you to be happy and striving for self-actualization.
9. “The enlightened give thanks for what most people take for granted…. As you begin to be grateful for what most people take for granted, the vibration of gratitude makes you more receptive to good in your life.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Everyday Application: Gratitude is a powerful energy. It puts you in the right headspace to see the things that matter and not take them for granted. It opens you up to the possibility of even more good things coming your way!
10. “You can start with nothing. And out of nothing, and out of no way, a way will be made.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Everyday Application: This is one of the most powerful ways to achieve your dreams. Think of those success stories of people who are homeless and struggling, but manage to create a path to their dreams. If you want a little inspiration check out these Pursuit of Happiness quotes!
11. “And you can break yourself free from your hereditary patterns, cultural codes, social beliefs; and prove once and for all that the power within you is greater than the power that’s in the world.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Everyday Application: It is absolutely possible to break yourself free from these things. However, it is a difficult and emotionally painful process, which is why many people choose to stay where they are in their life. There is a power deep within you that is capable of achieving ever single dream you have. take risks and tap into it!
12. “Don’t look for your dreams to become true; look to become true to your dreams.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Everyday Application: What do your dreams require of you? What actions do you need to take? Most likely it is some kind of work. You might have to develop your character, learn a new skill, retrain your brain, change your habits, or some combination of all of that. Figure out how to become true to your dreams and then take the steps to get there.
13. “When you make genuine contact with your inner Spirit, there is an inner joy, an inner peace, that takes over.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Everyday Application: What is your inner Spirit? It is the answer to the question, “Who am I?” Your inner Spirit is your sense of being. Of course, when you discover this, it should make you joyful… but how do you find it? First, don’t be afraid to be introspective and increase your self-awareness. Next, figure out which areas of your life you need to focus on right now that are causing you stress.
14. “Do you press the “pause” button – the “until” button in life by saying “I can’t be happy until…”? Press the “play” button and rejoice in the nowness of the moment.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Everyday Application: You can be happy right now, in this moment. It is great to have goals and things you are working toward. While these goals will likely improve your life, and make you happier in the narrow sense, they have no bearing on how happy you choose to be today. If you want to increase your happiness then focus on being grateful, optimistic, and true to yourself.
15. “Gratitude places you in the energy field of plentitude. Glow with gratitude and see how awe and joy will make their home in you.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Everyday Application: Gratitude is one of the most profound attitude shifts we can have in life. We can constantly complain about the things we do not have, or be thankful for those we do. This is a choice, but change is not that simple. If you want to work on becoming more grateful, then check out this article for some helpful tips.
16. “Be a beneficial presence on the planet. Give your Gifts. Boldly go where no woman or no man has ever gone before.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
17. “When we shift from negatively complaining to positively affirming, conditions change. Then complaining is no longer the operative law in our life-freedom is.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
18. “Stop looking outside for help. You’re sourced and fueled and funded by a renewable resource, which is within you. It never runs out. It is your Essence. It’s your life.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
19. “The answer to any challenge you are having has nothing to do with God’s willingness to help. It has to do with your acceptance of how the Infinite is already active within you, how it has already placed within you all that you need to solve and dissolve inner conflict through conscious communion with the Self.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
20. “When you make genuine contact with your inner Spirit, there is an inner joy, an inner peace, that takes over. Stop the mental chatter about what’s wrong and what’s not complete. There is a presence of Love that is seeking to express itself through you.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
21. “When you see the world that God sees, you see a world that is loving, compassionate, and filled with individuals who live together in harmony and peace.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
22. “Stand fully in the now moment with gratitude, enthusiasm, openness, and readiness to respond to Life as it greets you.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
23. “When you make the U-turn to the Universal Presence and apply the Universal practices and principles, your life is changed.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
24. “Grow deep roots to harvest rich fruit! When your roots run deep, you cannot help but bear the fruit of the Spirit.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
25. “Within our core self is an indelible blueprint of unrivaled individuality—the singular being that each of us exists to express. In this three-dimensional movie called “Life” there are no stand-ins, body doubles, or understudies—no one can fill in for us by proxy! Realization of this truth alone eliminates the need to imitate, conform, limit, or betray our loyalty to the originality of Self. Imagine the relief of removing your carefully crafted masks fashioned by societal forms of conditioning and instead responding to what comes into your experience directly from your Authentic Self. One of the first principles to honor in your relationship with yourself is to respect and trust your own inner voice. This form of trust is the way of the heart, the epitome of well-being.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
26. “Nowadays, being “connected” means 24/7 availability. Emailing, texting, Twittering, calling, keeping one’s website and Facebook status current seem essential to being and remaining relevant in the world. In addition to the positive impact of globally interconnecting humanity, the information era is also contributing to the creation of a high-tech, low-touch society. It is impacting language, the publishing world, education, and social revolts. Neurologists and other pundits, including Nicholas Carr in his Atlantic article, “Is Google Making Us Stupid?”, point out the paradoxical downsides of not setting healthy boundaries or applying discipline to how we engage technology. Some have gone so far as to suggest that it is making us “spiritually stupid” by keeping us too distracted to participate in spiritual practices. But how about this: can using technology with mindfulness lead to beneficial social and spiritual connection?” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
27. “I believe that you’re great, that there’s something magnificent about you. Regardless of what has happened to you in your life, regardless of how young or how old you think you might be, the moment you begin to think properly, this something that is within you, this power within you that’s greater than the world, it will begin to emerge. It will take over your life. It will feed you, it will clothe you, it will guide you, protect you, direct you, sustain your very existence. If you let it! Now that is what I know, for sure.” – Michael Bernard Beckwith
Do you believe in this pseudoscience concept?
Sure, this particular law hasn’t been scientifically evaluated.
However, lots of research has been done on positive thinking and positive psychology.
Even if you aren’t ready to accept this as a philosophy to live your life by, you should be able to recognize the principles behind it.
Have you noticed when you are happy and positive, things just seem to work out better for you?
Even if this does sound a little out there, I can’t argue that I have experienced good things when I focus on good things.
Let us know what you think in the comment section below!
Don’t forget to also read these manifestation quotes that will inspire you to make positive changes.
June 6, 2022 6:01 AM EST