Our time on Earth is never long enough, so why not enjoy it?! There are times when we lose sight of what’s most important, and these quotes about having fun and enjoying your life will remind you of it.
In case you forgot, life is better when you take time to let loose and kickback. That means it’s okay to let your hair down every once in a while—no excuses!
When you think about fun, what comes to mind?
Do you think about carefree kids and adventurous people?
How much fun have you had recently?
It seems that the older we get the less fun we have, and that’s just not fair.
Not to sound like a brat, but why do we assume that we get too old to have fun?
Why do we think that life is too serious, well scheduled and prioritized to have some fun?
Personally, I think having fun makes life more enjoyable for you and the people you’re close to.
Fun creates enthusiasm and energy.
And enthusiasm is the cornerstone of great leadership; personal or in an organization.
Here are some of our favorite cool quotes about having fun with your life. Enjoy!
Quotes About Having Fun and Loving Your Life
1. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” ― Helen Keller
2. “I have learned that you can go anywhere you want to go and do anything you want to do and buy all the things that you want to buy and meet all the people that you want to meet and learn all the things that you desire to learn and if you do all these things but are not madly in love: you have still not begun to live.” ― C. JoyBell
3. “Even though you’re growing up, you should never stop having fun.” – Nina Dobrev
4. “There’s no fear when you’re having fun.” – Will Thomas
5. “I am going to keep having fun every day I have left, because there is no other way of life. You just have to decide whether you are a Tigger or an Eeyore.” – Randy Pausch
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Eeyore quotes from the iconic character.
6. “We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” ― Bill Watterson
7. “Do anything, but let it produce joy.” ― Walt Whitman
8. “The life you have left is a gift. Cherish it. Enjoy it now, to the fullest. Do what matters, now.” ― Leo Babauta
9. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” ― Andy Rooney
10. “Enjoy life. There’s plenty of time to be dead.” ― Hans Christian Andersen
Also read these unforgettable Ron Swanson quotes that will inspire you to live your life on your own terms.
Having fun with friends quotes
11. “Sometimes having fun with your best friend is all the therapy you need.” – Author Unknown
12. “I like to think I’m a pretty good friend. I love having a good time, and I enjoy being able to share those good times with others.” – Jacob Batalon
13. “When fun gets deep enough, it can heal the world.” – the Oaqui
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of deep quotes that will change how you see the world.
14. “Choosing to have a good time with your friends instead of a good time with other people is one of the best decisions you can make. Friends are awesome and they will always be there for you no matter what.” – Author Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes for friends to show just how much they mean to you.
15. “It’s more fun when you’re not the only one having it.” – the Oaqui
16. “There are going to be good times and bad times, but lighten up.” – Chris Pine
17. “But every memory of friendship shared, even for a short time, is a treasure, like sunshine and warmth in our lives, like a cool breeze on a humid day, like a shower of rain refreshing the earth.” – Author Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of rain quotes that will help wash away the stress and bring you happiness.
18. “The Four Levels of Comedy: Make your friends laugh, Make strangers laugh, Get paid to make strangers laugh, and Make people talk like you because it’s so much fun.” – Jerry Seinfeld
19. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” – Audrey Hepburn
20. “The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.” – Richard Bach
Also read these party quotes to remind you that life is a party.
Thoughtful fun time quotes
21. “Life is all about having a good time.” – Miley Cyrus
22. “If you’re not having a good time, find something else that gives you some joy in life.” – Penny Marshall
23. “Life is too short to not go on that spontaneous road trip.” – Author Unknown
24. “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.” – Dr. Seuss
25. “If it’s not fun, you’re not doing it right.” – Bob Basso
26. “Worrying won’t stop bad stuff from happening; it just stops you from enjoying the good.” – Unknown
27. “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” – Charles Spurgeon
28. “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of getting older quotes that will make you embrace the beauty in aging.
29. “The opposite of play is not work. It’s depression.” – Brian Sutton-Smith
30. “The decision to make the present moment a friend is the end of the ego.” – Eckhart Tolle
You might also like these life is short quotes and sayings about happiness, death, and more.
Have fun quotes that will inspire you to live your best life
31. “Winning is only half of it. Having fun is the other half.”- Bum Phillips
32. “Live and work but do not forget to play, to have fun in life and really enjoy it.” – Eileen Caddy
33. “Fun is one of the most important – and underrated – ingredients in any successful venture. If you’re not having fun, then it’s probably time to call it quits and try something else.” – Richard Branson
34. “My philosophy is: If you can’t have fun, there’s no sense in doing it.” –Paul Walker
35. “Nothing else matters except that I have fun, and I’m still having fun.” – Quvenzhane Wallis
36. “When you start recognizing that you’re having fun, life can be delightful.” – Jane Birkin
37. “As long as you’re having fun and still doing stuff, it doesn’t matter what other people think.” – Nick Carter
38. “Just keep taking chances and having fun.” – Garth Brooks
39. “As long as I’m having fun, I’m not quitting.” – Sue Johanson
40. “At the end of the day, if I can say I had fun, it was a good day.” – Simone Biles (see more quotes from Simone Biles)
Have you seen these funny witty quotes to sharpen your cleverness.
Quotes about having fun with family and friends
41. “I think I’ll work all my life. When you’re having fun, why stop having fun?” – Helen Thomas
42. “Make a commitment to having fun. See your best friends and make time for your hobbies and passions.” – Robert Holden
43. “There is never enough time to enjoy what you love.” ― Joyce Rachelle
44. “While fun is desirable, regret is quite the opposite.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
45. “Having fun is a choice. There is enough fun for each of us. Choosing to have fun depends on you only.” – unknown
46. “You must have discipline to have fun.” – Julia Child
47. “If you’re playing at something and having fun, you don’t stop to wonder why.” ― Marty Rubin
48. “If you want to succeed in anything you do, you have to find some fun in it.” – unknown
49. “Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.” – Emily Dickinson
50. “No man is a failure who is enjoying life.” – William Feather
Have you seen these living in the moment quotes and sayings?
Have fun quotes to help you enjoy your life
51. “When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.” – Joe Namath
52. “Follow your dreams. Just make sure to have fun too.” – Chris Brown
53. “You can be childlike without being childish. A child always wants to have fun. Ask yourself, ‘Am I having fun?'” – Christopher Meloni
54. “I do like to have fun. I don’t need alcohol to have fun.” – Rima Fakih
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of alcohol quotes about the impact of drinking.
55. “To pursue anything, you’ve got to have fun with it and to just never give up on it.” – Kaetlyn Osmond
56. “I have fun out there on the court, smiling, laughing, trying to have good demeanor.” – Stephen Curry
57. “I don’t want the money. I don’t want the drama. I just want to do my show. I want to have fun again.” – Dave Chappelle
58. “Remember these two things: play hard and have fun.” – Tony Gwynn
59. “When he worked, he really worked. But when he played, he really PLAYED.” ― Dr. Seuss
60. “Happiness is part of who we are. Joy is the feeling.” ― Tony DeLiso
61. “Mother Nature doesn’t care if you’re having fun.”― Larry Niven
62. “In between goals is a thing called life that has to be lived and enjoyed.”- Sid Caesar
63. “I never did a day’s work in my life. It was all fun.” – Thomas A. Edison
64. “Once you can accept failure, you can have fun and success.” – Rickey Henderson
65. “‘Have fun’ is my message. Be silly. You’re allowed to be silly. There’s nothing wrong with it.” – Jimmy Fallon
Quotes about having fun to motivate you to live life to the fullest
66. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
67. “A person must never cease striving to enjoy life. It takes wit, interest, and energy to be happy.”― Kilroy J. Oldster
68. “Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight.”― Gordon B. Hinckley
69. “Whether you choose to move on from your struggles and enjoy life or waddle in your misery, life will continue.”― Germany Kent
70. “I finally figured out the only reason to be alive is to enjoy it.”― Rita Mae Brown
71. “Don’t let the pettiness of life prevent you from enjoying God’s plenty.”― Bernard Kelvin Clive
72. “Do what makes you happy, be with who makes you smile, laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live.”― Rachel Ann Nunes
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of smile quotes to help keep a smile on your face.
73. “Enjoy life despite its problems.”― Ravi Ranjan Goswami
74. “Enjoy life while you can. It can be taken in a heart beat.”― Jasmin Morin
75. “If we want to sincerely enjoy our lives, who we become along the way is far more important than what we achieve.”― Richie Norton
Quotes about having fun and living life to the fullest
76. “In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.”― Gordon B. Hinckley
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of laughter quotes proving why it’s the best medicine.
77. “You have one life. Live it! Enjoy it!”― Izey Victoria Odiase
78. “The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead.”― Marjorie Pay Hinckley
79. “Most people should laugh more; and, when they laugh, laugh heartily.”― Wayne Gerard Trotman
80. “Even in the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes on living a great life.
81. “There are a thousand reasons to live this life, every one of them is sufficient.”― Marilynne Robinson
82. “Life is an adventure! So live it up!”― L.M. Preston
83. “Enjoying Life’s Pace: Waiting really shouldn’t be an occupation…things will happen when they happen and not one minute sooner. That is the way of life; it runs at its own pace. Enjoy as many minutes as you can.”― Rob Kozak
84. “Live life to it’s fullest or it may seem like you died young.”― James Wattersmith
85. “I just go to office to enjoy myself ; work automatically happens.”― Jitendra Attra
Motivational quotes about having fun
86. “Everyone needs fun, especially the devout because the devout often limits his life with some irrational boring rules!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
87. “If you’re not having fun, you’re doing something wrong.” – Groucho Marx
88. “Just relax and enjoy the magnificent ride we call life. Earth, your space shuttle, is moving at a speed of 1000 miles per hour. Your destination is getting closer.”― Debasish Mridha
89. “If you are not having fun, do something different.” – Larry James
90. “Take your life out of high gear and disengage the autopilot mode. Try living mindfully and avoid the pattern of living in a reactive manner.”― Nanette Mathews
91. “Never underestimate the importance of having fun.” – Randy Pausch
92. “Life is easy. Just stay un-dead.”― Fakeer Ishavardas
93. “Be spontaneous, be creative, go out and have fun, let things happen naturally.” – Conor McGregor
94. “If you want to have the time of your life, change how you use the time in your life.” ― Tim Fargo
95. “Just be yourself and have fun.” – Richard Lowe
Quotes about having fun that will make your day
96. “The universe wants us to have fun doing more than one thing in life. That’s how it learns. You don’t have one purpose in life. You have maybe 500 or so.” – James Altucher
97. “What is human life? The first third a good time; the rest remembering about it.” – Mark Twain
98. “Believe in yourself, not only in swimming, but in life itself. You always have to have fun. You have to have an open mind. If you’re not enjoying it, don’t do it. Life’s too short.” – Debbie Meyer
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of short quotes that can make a big difference in your life.
99. “If a man who enjoys a lesser happiness beholds a greater one, let him leave aside the lesser to gain the greater.” – Buddha
100. “I love to dress up. You have to have a sense of fun in life, too. We can all be serious and work and do our bit, but every now and again you have to have a good giggle.” – Marie-Chantal Claire
101. “Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.” – Voltaire
102. “I’m having a lot of fun, enjoying my life and trying to raise my children.” – Harry Connick, Jr.
103. “Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!” – Nietzsche
104. “Enjoyment of life generally includes being socially connected, having fun, and feeling a sense of purpose.” – Mallika Chopra
105. “Fill your life with as many moments and experiences of joy and passion as you humanly can. Start with one experience and build on it.” – Marcia Weider
Quotes about having fun and living life
106. “Don’t ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is the special occasion” – Unknown
107. “Life is too short! Don’t hate it. Enjoy its every moment.” – Unknown
108. “Men for the sake of getting a living forget to live.” – Margaret Fuller
109. “You can’t do well in your life until and unless you are having fun in doing that.” – Unknown
110. “Slow down, take time to smile.” – Carla White
111. “You gotta have fun. Regardless of how you look at it, we’re playing a game. It’s a business, it’s our job, but I don’t think you can do well unless you’re having fun.” – Derek Jeter
112. “Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future.” – Earl Nightingale
113. “You are in the present not in the past so forget the past think of ahead that you are going to create.” – Unknown
114. “An occasional glance toward the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point.” – Harold V. Malchert
115. “Sometimes you have to stop worrying and start enjoying that will make you feel amazing.” – Unknown
Happy quotes about having fun and enjoying life
116. “We are always getting ready to live but never living.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
117. “Thank God for every second that he allows me to spend. Enjoy life to the fullest and have fun…” – Unknown
118. “I’m less interested in why we’re here. I’m wholly devoted to while we’re here.” – Erika Harris
119. “Life is not less than an adventure. Get out of your bed and explore it.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our explore quotes about nature, wander and new experiences.
120. “You only live once; but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
121. “I prioritize in life. I like to work, I do TV shows, I do a lot of Iron Man training. I enjoy kicking back on a good night and drinking wine until I go to bed, and having fun with my friends. You just have to make time for it and keep it balanced.” — Joe Bastianich
122. “As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.” – Ben Hogan
123. “Everything happens for a reason in life so don’t be sad just smile and move forward.” – Unknown
124. “Never save the best for later. You don’t know what tomorrow holds.” – Paulo Coelho
125. “When you start to enjoy your life you will see how amazing is this world is.” – Unknown
Powerful quotes about having fun
126. “Happiness is living a life having fun, friends, and freedom.” – Lorrin L. Lee
127. “Without the element of fun, it’s not worth trying to excel at anything.”― Magnus Carlsen
128. “In any investment, you expect to have fun and make money.” – Michael Jordan
129. “Fun is closely related to Joy – a sort of emotional froth arising from the play of instinct.”
― C.S. Lewis
130. “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” – Dale Carnegie
131. “We are game-playing, fun-having creatures, we are the otters of the universe.”― Richard Bach
132. “You’ve got to have fun along the way.” – Victoria Beckham
133. “People who achieve the greatest success are the people who have the most fun getting there.”― John Patrick Hickey
134. “Stay healthy, do sports and above all have fun while doing sport.” – Rafael Nadal
135. “Happiness is a collection of joyful experiences shared with soul friends. Get together and have some fun!”― Amy Leigh Mercree
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of boyfriend quotes that will give you butterflies.
More quotes about having fun and enjoying life
136. “It is actually up to you to decide whether you will have fun or not, that is the bottom line of it.” – Anonymous
137. “Everything we’re doing is freaking iffy. That’s what makes it so much fun.”― John Sandford
138. “Rule number one: it has to be fun.” – Anonymous
139. “Sometimes, the simple things are more fun and meaningful than all the banquets in the world.”― E.A. Bucchianeri
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of simple quotes that will help you live a simply beautiful life.
140. “We can make a difference and have fun doing it.” – ATGW
141. “Sometimes you just have to jump in a mud puddle because it’s there. Never get so old that you forget about having fun.”― Tom Giaquinto
142. “Always work hard and have fun in what you do because I think that’s when you’re more successful. You have to choose to do it.” – Simone Biles
143. “You can’t put a price on fun; it’s always priceless.”― Stanley Victor
144. “Work hard, have fun and make history.” – Jeff Bezos
145. “Don’t take life too seriously! Nobody gets out alive anyway. Smile. Be goofy. Take chances. Have fun. Inspire.”― Dawn Gluskin
Did you enjoy these quotes about having fun?
But remember, having fun and finding ways to smile and laugh more makes life more enjoyable for you and the people around you. So hopefully, these fun time quotes about having fun have motivated you to find time to lighten up and enjoy your life
Which uplifting quote about having fun was your favorite? Do you have any other having fun quotes to share with us? Tell us in the comment section below.
February 5, 2021 6:00 AM EST