The Killing is a crime drama TV series that revolved around the story of a murder investigation of a local teenager, Rosie Larsen.
What’s unique about the show is it is presented in daily progress. Each episode covers approximately 24 hours of the story.
The first few episodes center on the grief of the Larsen family, the murder investigation, and how a political campaign gets entangled with the case.
Viewers loved the complex dynamics between the protagonist, Sarah Linden, and her investigation partner.
The difference between their styles creates the right amount of tension and conflict within the story.
These Killing quotes will keep you on the edge of your seat and leave you craving more crime stories.
Don’t forget to also check out these Dexter quotes to prepare for season 9
The Killing quotes by Stephen Holder
1. “Take it easy, Thunderheart, you haven’t given me a safeword yet.” — Stephen Holder
2. “I´m already beautiful, so…” — Stephen Holder
3. “Ain’t nothing like a pleasant drive in the countryside looking at some stinking ass toilets.” — Stephen Holder
4. “Alright. Chill, Linden. Do some push-ups or something.” — Stephen Holder
5. “He’ll be alright as long as the internet works.” — Stephen Holder
6. “What do you know about style, Linden? Thought you shopped at Ross Dress for Less.” — Stephen Holder
7. “Religion is inconclusive. Don´t stop five billion people to believe in what they believe.” — Stephen Holder
8. “You wanna grab a shower before we hit the road. You look like shit.” — Stephen Holder
9. “I don’t eat meat, bitch!” — Stephen Holder
10. “Even the Taj Mahal needs upkeep.” — Stephen Holder
11. “Minimum wage ain’t worth fighting the popo.” — Stephen Holder
12. “Just got to row with the flow, like my man Bruce Lee.” — Stephen Holder
13. “Damn, now I know what that guy meant when he said the casino is business in the front and party in the back.” — Stephen Holder
14. “C’mon mommy, you’re making me all hot…” — Stephen Holder
15. “I’m always looking for a good time.” — Stephen Holder
16. “Had to pull some strings, give a few HJ’s.” — Stephen Holder
More The Killing quotes by Stephen Holder
17. “You can’t put a price on wisdom.” — Stephen Holder
18. “Laugh it up Linden, my dojo’s a sanctuary of light.” — Stephen Holder
19. “Yo, you’re becoming like a “Beautiful Mind” with that board.” — Stephen Holder
20. “Empathy can poison your brain.” — Stephen Holder
21. “Seems you been watching Titanic one too many times the way you drawing Rosie.” — Stephen Holder
22. “Rise and shine princess. What do you want, room service? Eggs over easy? Buttered toast? Get up!” — Stephen Holder
23. “Oh, snap! Linden rocked the booty call.” — Stephen Holder
24. “Yo, why don’t you focus your beady little eyes on driving instead?” — Stephen Holder
25. “So good little dead girl was a bad little web girl.” — Stephen Holder
26. “I guess Karen was right. Can’t find a working girl who doesn’t want to be found.” — Stephen Holder
27. “Yeah, you’re a real role model. You teach her how to shotgun a beer?” — Stephen Holder
28. “At least you’ve got Sanoma. I mean, by the weekend I’m going to be working as a security guard at the Space Needle.” — Stephen Holder
29. “If Oakes has his head three and a half feet up his ass and Judge Elliot has his head 18 inches up his ass, how many total feet of ass do you get?” — Stephen Holder
30. “Relax Mom, it’s NarcScent. Smells like weed, tastes like weed, it’s not weed.” — Stephen Holder
31. “If the truth hurts, you ain’t living right.” — Stephen Holder
The Killing quotes by Sarah Linden
32. “You trying to do math is kind of like a dog wearing a hat.” — Sarah Linden
33. “I never had a real house to grow up in. You know, home. I never belonged anywhere. And all my life, I was looking for that thing, you know. Thinking that it was out there somewhere. That all I had to do was find it. But I think, maybe, that home was us. It was you and me, together in that stupid car, riding around, smoking cigarettes. I think that was everything.” — Sarah Linden
34. “I told you to walk away. You wanted to stay. I would have been a lot better on my own.” — Sarah Linden
35. “You’re here. That’s what matters. That’s kind of the only thing that matters. That you show up. You’ll be alright.” — Sarah Linden
36. “You’re full of sunshine today.” — Sarah Linden
37. “God is not the DA.” — Sarah Linden
38. “It’s a crime scene. I called the cops.” — Sarah Linden
39. “You don’t know me. I break things.” — Sarah Linden
40. “Kids aren’t fools. We know.” — Sarah Linden
The Killing quotes by Jamie Wright
41. “Now if that’s it, “bro,” I’ve got a campaign to resuscitate.” — Jamie Wright
42. “She’s gonna start with softballs and then she’s gonna launch into verbal grenades. Stay positive.” — Jamie Wright
43. “Bad luck either destroys you or makes you the man you really are.” — Jamie Wright
44. “You losing this election when you could do a lot of good for a lot more people than this one guy, that’s wrong.” — Jamie Wright
The Killing quotes by Jack Linden
45. “Figures. You only care about other people’s families.” — Jack Linden
46. “Let me guess, he kinda knows you don’t really want to go.” — Jack Linden
The Killing quotes by other characters
47. “We have a connection. I understand him. I know what it’s like to want a better life.” — Terry
48. “Nothing personal detective, but I don’t like you.” — Carlson
49. “Family? Look around. There’s no family anymore. Everyone is gone.” — Belko
50. “I don’t want to be that man anymore, but I don’t know what to do. I didn’t keep her safe.” — Stan Larsen
Which of these The Killing quotes is your favorite?
The series succeeded in portraying an accurate atmosphere of what a true crime investigation is and how a family deals with the murder and death of their child.
The show also tries to convey how a child can have dangerous secrets unknown to most people.
If you love crime stories and mysteries, then this show is for you. You can guarantee that there’s the right amount of suspense, drama, and plot twist available just when you need it.
In addition, the series was able to dramatize the devastating effect of murder on the families, friends, and even the community involved.
Share these The Killing quotes and sayings with someone so they can experience the thrill you experienced reading these and watching the show.
October 15, 2021 7:00 AM EST