25 Barney Stinson Quotes from the Popular How I Met Your Mother Character
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Barney Stinson quotes that will leave you smiling.
Barney Stinson is a fictional character played by Neil Patrick Harris on the show “How I Met Your Mother”.
Barney is one of the five main characters on the popular show that ran for nine seasons starting from 2005.
Barney Stinson is the womanizer of the group of five friends whose lives the story follows.
Based in Manhattan, New York, the series is based loosely on the two creators’ friendship when they lived in the city.
Playing Barney Stinson, Neil Patrick Harris won two awards as Favorite TV Comedy Actor.
Don’t forget to also check out these Michael Scott quotes from The Office.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Favorite Barney Stinson quotes
1. “Maybe it’s destiny?” ― Barney Stinson
2. “Step one, you start running. There is no step two.” ― Barney Stinson
3. “It’s time to let go of the fantasies. It’s time to grow up.” ― Barney Stinson
4. “Sometimes we search for one thing but discover another.” ― Barney Stinson
5. “When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.” ― Barney Stinson
6. “Settling down is for losers and kids who never go out anymore.” ― Barney Stinson
7. “There are only a few truly great people on this planet and he is one of them.” ― Barney Stinson
8. “Here’s the mini-cherry on top of the regular cherry on top of the sundae of awesomeness that is my life.” ― Barney Stinson
9. “OK, here’s my thing — if gay guys start getting married, then suddenly the whole world’s gonna be doing it. That’s how it works: they start something, then six months later, everyone follows. Like…now everyone gets manicures.” ― Barney Stinson
10. “Look, our forefathers died for the ‘pursuit of happiness,’ okay? Not for the ‘sit around and wait of happiness.’ Now if you want, we can go to the same bar, drink the same beer, talk to the same people every day or you can lick the Liberty Bell. You can grab life by the crack and lick the crap out of it.” ― Barney Stinson
Barney Stinson quotes about love
11. “Sorry about your eye. I’m available.” ― Barney Stinson
12. “Hang on to this girl Ted – hang on and never let go.” ― Barney Stinson
13. “I’VE GOT YOU, I DON’T NEED TO WAIT FOR IT ANYMORE.” ― Barney Stinson
14. “When I let a day go by without talking you….. That day is just no good.” ― Barney Stinson
15. “For a long time, deep down I felt sort of, broken? But I don’t feel that way anymore.” ― Barney Stinson
16. “You are the love of my life. Everything I have and everything I am is yours. Forever.” ― Barney Stinson
17. “I love everything about her, and I’m not a guy who says that lightly. I’m a guy who has faked love his entire life…” ― Barney Stinson
18. “Sometimes you fall for someone you didn’t expect, but that doesn’t make it wrong. Doesn’t everyone deserve to be happy?” ― Barney Stinson
19. “You and Marshall belong together. The two of you have something most people search their whole lives for and never find.” ― Barney Stinson
20. “Underneath those lies is one true thing. One true thing that can support the weight of all the lies in the world, and that the fact that I love you.” ― Barney Stinson
Best Barney Stinson quotes
21. “A lie is just a great story that someone ruined with the truth.” ― Barney Stinson
22. “I wish men could have children on their own, like seahorses!” ― Barney Stinson
23. “Ted, if you have a crazy story, I was there. It’s just a law of the universe.” ― Barney Stinson
24. “Whatever you do in this life, it’s not legendary unless your friends are there to see it.” ― Barney Stinson
25. “Do you have some puritanical hang up on prostitution? Dude, it’s the world’s oldest profession.” ― Barney Stinson
Which of these Barney Stinson quotes is your favorite?
Barney Stinson is that friend who we probably all have at one time or another.
He truly thinks he is awesome and that confidence helps him with women and life, even when he strikes out a time or two.
The show is actually told from the story of a flashback where the main character, Ted Mosby, tells his kids the story of how he met their mother.
The time is supposed to be in 2030 and he is telling about events starting in 2005.
As great comedy characters are the key and as the quotes show, Barney Stinson is that confident, goofy, character that every good TV comedy needs to have.
If you have not had a laugh in a while, give yourself a treat and tune in to meet Barney and his friends.
Did you enjoy these Barney Stinson quotes and lines?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
December 7, 2021 at 2:47 PM