Check out these The Summer I Turned Pretty Quotes to learn more about the popular book trilogy!
The Summer I Turned Pretty is a series of three young adult romantic novels that were written by Jenny Han and released in 2009, 2010, and 2011 respectively.
The popularity of the series led to the final book, We’ll Always Have Summer, becoming a New York Times Bestseller, and the series has now been adapted into a television series.
The television series premiered on Amazon Prime Video in 2022 and stars Lola Tung, Rachel Blanchard, Christopher Briney, Gavin Casalegno, and Colin Ferguson, among others.
The story follows Isabel Conklin, who is nicknamed Belly, who is now sixteen, and realizes the attraction between herself and the sons of her mom’s best friend is mutual.
Take a look at these The Summer I Turned Pretty Quotes to learn more about the novels and the television series.
Short The Summer I Turned Pretty Quotes
Here are some short and sweet lines from the story.
1. “His smile did it every time.” — Jenny Han
2. “Things can’t stay the same forever.” — Jenny Han
3. “Everybody has somebody but me.” — Jenny Han
4. “It was a summer I would never, ever forget.” — Jenny Han
5. “It’s the imperfections that make things beautiful.” — Jenny Han
6. “My mother was good at that, making people feel normal. Safe.” — Jenny Han
7. “Moments, when lost, can’t be found again. They’re just gone.” — Jenny Han
8. “Victory is a thousand times sweeter when you’re the underdog.” — Jenny Han
9. “Best friends are important. They’re the closest thing to a sister you’ll ever have.” — Jenny Han
10. “Over his shoulder, Conrad said, ‘Good night, Belly.’ And that was it. I was in love.” — Jenny Han
The Summer I Turned Pretty Quotes About Young Love
These quotes tell the story of crushes and the feelings of young love.
11. “I think he would have stayed with her forever, trying to figure out the mystery.” — Jenny Han
12. “In the dark, you can feel really close to a person. You can say whatever you want.” — Jenny Han
13. “When you walk on the beach at night, you can say things you can’t say in real life.” — Jenny Han
14. “Smirky mouths make you want to kiss them, to smooth them out and kiss the smirking away.” — Jenny Han
15. “Everything that happened this past summer, and every summer before it, has all led up to this. To now.” — Jenny Han
16. “I loved the feeling of talking and having somebody really listen to what I had to say. It was like a high or something.” — Jenny Han
17. “Sometimes it’s like people are a million times more beautiful to you in your mind. It’s like you see them through a special lens—but maybe if it’s how you see them, that’s how they really are.” — Jenny Han
More The Summer I Turned Pretty Quotes From the Novel
The following quotes continue to tell more of the story from the novel.
18. “It’s hard to throw away history. It was like you were throwing away a part of yourself.” — Jenny Han
19. “I wondered if this was the way old crushes died, with a whimper, slowly, and then, just like that—gone.” — Jenny Han
20. “Every summer up this one, I believed it’d be different. Life would be different. And that summer, it finally was.” — Jenny Han
21. “Would you rather live one perfect day over and over or live your life with no perfect days but just decent ones?” — Jenny Han
22. “For me, it was almost like winter didn’t count. Summer was what mattered. My whole life was measured in summers.” — Jenny Han
23. “I had been lying to myself, thinking I was free, thinking I had let him go. It didn’t matter what he said or did, I’d never let him go.” — Jenny Han
24. “It occurred to me that I was going to have to make the most of this summer, really make it count, in case there wasn’t another one quite like it.” — Jenny Han
25. “Maybe I would get married, maybe I would have a family, but it wouldn’t matter because a piece of my heart, the piece where summer lived, would always be Conrad’s.” — Jenny Han
What Happens Between Belly and Conrad and Jeremiah?
Belly and her mom and older brother stay with her mom’s best friend and her two sons, Conrad and Jeremiah, at a beach house each summer.
The summer she turns sixteen, both the boys take an interest in her, but she has had a crush on Conrad since she was ten.
The story then follows how Belly must navigate growing up and dealing with heartbreak, forgiveness, and choices.
Please share these The Summer I Turned Pretty Quotes with others by clicking the share button!
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Introduce yourself to some wise words and concepts that will provide inspiration or advice to help us fulfill our potential and allow us to live the life we were destined to live.
There are unlimited ways to appreciate someone. Here are some simple ways to make others feel special and improve their world.
Here are four telltale signs to help you know if you’re making the right decision.
You are never too old, poor, young, or sick to live your dreams.
Check out these related quote articles:
In a world that can often feel divided and uncertain, love remains a universal force that unites us all, regardless of how you find it.
Explore the complex world of sad love quotes that capture the bittersweet essence of love’s challenges.
These quotes about relationships will inspire you to appreciate the special person in your life even more.
In life, some moments mark the beginning of a new chapter—a chance to turn the page, as seen in these new beginning quotes.