Good Night Quotes For The Best Sleep Of Your Life
Sweet dreams and a most beautiful good night!
April 11, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Before you rest your head, check out these good night quotes and sayings to put you in the right place before you sleep.
We want you to have the perfect collection of wise words before bed, so you get your best night’s sleep ever from this day forth!
Use the comment section below to let us know which one you liked the most.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study conducted by the National Sleep Foundation, adults aged 18-64 should aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
Establishing a bedtime routine, including reading good night quotes, can help signal to the brain that it’s time to wind down and prepare for sleep.
What are the benefits of reading these goodnight quotes?
These good night quotes are just what you need to send you to sleep perfectly, with some sweet dreams.
Ending your day with wise words is guaranteed to put you on the right path when you open your eyes again.
Enjoy them with a smile on your face and a happy heart before drifting off to sleep.
These good night love quotes were meant for anyone looking to get their head on straight before a night of sleep.
Be sure to read these before you drift off to dreamland.
Even though the day was stressful and we did the best we could, we always deserve to rest.
So how can we effectively let go of the day?
Well, we can’t let the day go if:
- We are replaying conversations
- Thinking about all the things we didn’t do
- Thinking about all the things we need to do
While we’re preparing for bed, we need to change the conversation.
We need to:
- Be thankful for the opportunity we have to rest and sleep in a bed
- See rest as important to our growth
- Realize there will always be more to do
We hope you enjoy this collection of goodnight quotes and hope it impacts your internal dialogue just before bed.
Below is our collection of inspirational, beautiful, and charming good night quotes, good night messages, and good night wishes, collected from various sources over the years.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Goodnight quotes for letting the day go
Research from the University of Sussex has found that reading for just six minutes can reduce stress levels by up to 68%.
Integrating calming activities, like reading good night quotes, into your evening routine can help lower stress and promote a more restful night’s sleep.
1. “Before you go to sleep, do not forget to say thanks for everything good that has happened to you in the last 24 hours. I am thankful at the moment for you.” – Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on I’m tired quotes.
2. “The longest way must have its close – the gloomiest night will wear on to a morning.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
You will also enjoy our article on good morning quotes for him.
3. “Nighttime can seem longer than the day when you dream big dreams. Daytime lasts longer for people who make their dreams come true.” – Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on sunset quotes.
4. “Make sure to be thankful before bed. What you think about now will determine the state of your dreams.” – Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on party quotes.
5. “She wanted none of those days to end, and it was always with disappointment that she watched the darkness stride forward.” – Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on alcohol quotes.
6. “Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow.” – William Shakespeare
You will also enjoy our article on angel quotes.
7. “The night breeze is blowing through my hair and the soft touch reminds me of your kisses. I wish I didn’t have to miss you this much.” – Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on sky quotes.
8. “Although I love the stars that dot the night sky, I love the stars in your eyes even more. While I sleep, I will think about my favorite stars and wait to be with you again.” – Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on thursday quotes.
9. “My idea of a good night has always been having a lovely meal and a proper conversation.” – Kirsty Gallacher
You will also enjoy our article on weekend quotes.
10. “Do not go gentle into that good night but rage, rage against the dying of the light.” – Dylan Thomas
You will also enjoy our article on hustle quotes.
11. “All I wish is that the nights when we are together would never end. When we are apart, I cannot bear it. Good night, my love.” – Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on blue quotes.
12. “Sleep, my Bella, dream happy dreams, you are the only one who has ever touched my heart, it will forever be yours.” – Edward Cullen
You will also enjoy our article on rest in peace quotes.
13. “Never let the darkness or negativity outside affect your inner self. Just wait until morning comes and the bright light will drown out the darkness. Today has been difficult, but tomorrow will be another day.” – Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on facebook quotes.
14. “While you dream, I wish that each hope and goal comes true. I just want you to receive everything that you have wished for.” – Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on cuddle quotes.
15. “Music is love, love is music, music is life, and I love my life. Thank you and good night.” – A. J. McLean
You will also enjoy our article on gratitude quotes.
16. “The sun is upset now, but the moon dances in joy. Although the sun is depressed at seeing you go, the moon gets to enjoy the whole night with you.” – Unknown
Also, check out these insomnia quotes for when you can’t sleep.
Funny Good Night Quotes
Dr. Matthew Walker, a sleep expert and author of “Why We Sleep,” highlights the importance of a consistent sleep schedule for maintaining overall health.
Sharing funny good night quotes with friends and family can serve as a gentle reminder to prioritize sleep and establish a regular bedtime routine.
17. “There is something that is big, warm and fuzzy. Before you get too many ideas, you should know that it is a good night hug sent from me to you!” – Unknown
18. “I think the best way to get a good night sleep is to work hard throughout the day. If you work hard and, of course, work out.” – William H. McRaven
19. “I prioritize in life. I like to work, I do TV shows, I do a lot of Iron Man training. I enjoy kicking back on a good night and drinking wine until I go to bed, and having fun with my friends. You just have to make time for it and keep it balanced.” – Joe Bastianich
20. “Tonight, I would walk a thousand miles just to be with you. Missing you, my love.” – Unknown
21. “They say that God sprinkles his blessings upon the earth every day and I think I have caught one—it’s you! Wishing you a good night and I love you.” – Unknown
22. “Thank God for everything good that has happened during the day and wish everyone else a good night. Afterward, take a deep breath and sleep tight while dreaming of me. Sweet dreams.” – Romancebetweenthelines.com
23. “I like the night. Without the dark, we’d never see the stars.” – Stephenie Meyer – Twilight
24. “That’s the advantage of insomnia. People who go to bed early always complain that the night is too short, but for those of us who stay up all night, it can feel as long as a lifetime. You get a lot done.” – Banana Yoshimoto
25. “I was walking along and this chair came flying past me, and another, and another, and I thought, man, is this gonna be a good night.” – Liam Gallagher
26. “I just want to say, good night, sweet prince, may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.” – Harry Dean Stanton
27. “Sometimes I’m so tired, I look down at what I’m wearing, and if it’s comfortable enough to sleep in, I don’t even make it into my pajamas. I’m looking down, and I’m like, ‘t-shirt and stretchy pants? Yup, that’s fine. It’s pajama-y, good night’.”- Rebecca Romijn
28. “A day is going to end again. It is nice to have a friend like you. Making my everyday seems so great. Thank you my friend lastly. Good Night and Sweet Dreams.” – Unknown
29. “Here is a short line to keep in touch because you’re always on my mind very much.” – Unknown
30. “Love is one of the simplest feelings. All I dream about is capturing your heart each night. You already have my heart.” – Unknown
31. “Some nights are made for torture, or reflection, or the savoring of loneliness.” – Poppy Z. Brite
32. “I love the silent hour of night, for blissful dreams may then arise, Revealing to my charmed sight – What may not bless my waking eyes.” – Anne Brontë
33. “Sweet dreams, good night, and may your tomorrow be so bright!” – Kate Summers
34. “Here is to hoping that angels will guard you while you dream and the gentle breezes of the night will keep you cool. If it is too cold, may your blankets be warm as you drift on to a gentle rest.” – Unknown
You might also like these heartwarming good night prayer quotes for your loved ones.
Good Night Quotes for Friends and Family
A study by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine found that poor sleep quality can negatively impact mood and emotional well-being.
Incorporating relaxing activities, such as reading good night quotes, can help improve sleep quality and consequently, support emotional well-being.
35. The sky grew darker, painted blue on blue, one stroke at a time, into deeper and deeper shades of night.” – Haruki Murakami
36. “Touch your heart and shut your eyes, dream sweet dreams and sleep tight.” – Unknown
37. “Each day I wish that my dreams will come true. Then I remember that I am now with you.” – Unknown
38. “It was the possibility of darkness that made the day seem so bright.” – Stephen King
39. “The stars and moon arrive just to wish you a good night. Let the light of the moon guide your dreams as you pass the night away.” – Unknown
40. “Why go to bed with a frown and anger when you can go to bed with a smile and laughter? The world is only as serious and painful as you allow.” – Unknown
41. “Melancholy were the sounds on a winter’s night.” – Virginia Woolf
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of winter quotes about the power of the cold.
42. “The day is over and the night has covered the sky. Today is done and gone away, allowing you to embrace your dreams.” – Unknown
43. “Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.” – Edgar Allan Poe
44. “All I wish is a sheet of clouds for your bed and bright crystals for the stars. While you sleep, may the angels play sweet songs that bring you bright dreams.” – Unknown
45. “The day is busy enough to keep me occupied. In the quiet of the night, I begin to really miss you.” – Unknown
46. “Life begins at night.” – Charlaine Harris, Dead Until Dark
47. “Each night, I hope that the moon is large and bright and you will be happy and right. When you turn off the light, keep in mind that I am dreaming of you.” – Unknown
48. “The sun has gone down, the moon and stars are out. It’s time to have all your troubles, worries, and cares melt away. Lay your head down and drift off to sleep.” – Unknown
49. “Each hour is crawling by like years. I cannot wait to be in your arms yet again.” – Unknown
50. “Night falls. Or has fallen. Why is it that night falls, instead of rising, like the dawn? Yet if you look east, at sunset, you can see night rising, not falling; darkness lifting into the sky, up from the horizon, like a black sun behind cloud cover. Like smoke from an unseen fire, a line of fire just below the horizon, brushfire or a burning city. Maybe night falls because it’s heavy, a thick curtain pulled up over the eyes. Wool blanket.” – Margaret Atwood
51. “Good night, and good luck.” – Edward R. Murrow
You might also like these late night quotes about what goes on when the sun sets.
Good Night Quotes About Wishes
A study published in the Journal of Positive Psychology found that reading positive quotes before bed can improve overall mood and lead to a more restful sleep.
By focusing on positive thoughts and emotions, individuals are more likely to relax and fall asleep more quickly.
52. “Good night my dearest love and have pleasant dreams. Here’s to the hope that tomorrow will be as sunny and bright as you are.” – Unknown
53. “You are a shining star. I hope you have a great and restful night and don’t ever give the opportunity to dull your shine.” – Unknown
54. “As the day turns into night, keep your worries out of sight. Close your eyes and go to sleep, for all the good times are yours to keep.” – Unknown
55. “Here is to wishing that your mind will rest in sweet serenity while the nighttime passes by.” – Unknown
56. “If I give you my heart, will you promise not to break it? Wishing you were here.” – Unknown
57. “All I do each day is wait to be with you again. My entire day revolves around the hope that I can spend my evenings in your arms again.” – Unknown
58. “Take a breath and gaze up at the stars. See the two brightest stars? Those are my eyes twinkling back at you.” – Unknown
59. “May I kiss you then? On this miserable paper? I might as well open the window and kiss the night air.” – Franz Kafka
60. “Always remember to fall asleep with a dream and wake up with a purpose.” – Unknown
61. “Sleep is such a luxury, which I can’t afford (suffering from Insomnia).” – Robin Sika war
62. “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.” – Mahatma Gandhi
63. “Here is to hoping that angels will guard you while you dream and the gentle breezes of the night will keep you cool.” – Unknown
64. “Take a look out your window now. Although we may be apart at the moment, we can both gaze up at the same moon.” – Unknown
Good night quotes to end the day on a positive note
A study conducted by the University of Manchester found that individuals who consistently get a good night’s sleep are more productive and successful in their daily lives.
By prioritizing sleep and ensuring adequate rest, individuals can improve their overall well-being and increase their chances of success in their personal and professional lives.
65. “A good night in is a series of documentaries.” – Elizabeth Debicki
66. “Day is over, night has come. Today is gone, what’s done is done. Embrace your dreams, through the night. Tomorrow comes with a whole new light.” – Unknown
67. “This is the end of the day, but soon there will be a new day.” – Bernard Williams
68. “The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night’s sleep.” – E. Joseph Cossman
69. “Think of all the good moments of this day and keep a smile for tomorrow! Good night!” – Unknown
70. “Night is the wonderful opportunity to take rest, to forgive, to smile, to get ready for all the battles that you have to fight tomorrow.” – Allen Ginsberg
71. “I promise to be the warrior who fights all your nightmares and the messenger who brings all your sweet dreams. Good night.” – Unknown
72. “Night is to see the dreams and day is to make them true. So its good to sleep now and see the dreams. Good night, sweet dreams!” – Unknown
73. “Your bed is ready to give you a hug, you should be ready to have a rest, and say goodbye to all the stress. Good night!” – Unknown
Good night quotes to make them smile
The American Psychological Association found that spending time winding down before bed can significantly improve sleep quality.
Engaging in relaxing activities like reading a book or taking a warm bath can help calm the mind and prepare the body for a restful night’s sleep.
74. “Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow’s a fresh opportunity to make it better.” – Harry Dean Stanton
75. “Don’t worry about tomorrow, because God’s already been there.” – Unknown
76. “Forget about your troubles and let the sweetness of this lovely night lull you to a blissful sleep. Tomorrow is a new beginning. Good night.” – Unknown
77. “Listen to the nightsky, the Mockingbird always sing you my lullaby.” ― Jmemo
78. “Dream sweet dreams for me; dream sweet dreams for you.” – The Beatles
79. “Goodnight, goodnight. The time has come to close your eyes. Everything needs rest to be their best. Tomorrow will be here in the blink of an eye and a shake of a dog’s tail.” – Unknown
80. “The moon embalms me with her love and she kisses me good night. The nightingale sings her song of love when I take rest in the arms of darkness in the night!” ― Avijeet Das
81. “Good night, my angel. Time to close your eyes.” – Billy Joel
Beautiful good night quotes
According to the National Sleep Foundation, adults need between 7-9 hours of sleep per night for optimal health and well-being.
This statistic emphasizes the importance of getting a good night’s sleep and the potential consequences of not getting enough rest.
82. “If someone wishes you goodnight every day, you’re happier than so many people.” – Unknown
83. “My idea of a good night out is staying in.” – Martin Freeman
84. “May you dream of lovely things and to find them real.” – Unknown
85. “Let go of every trouble that bothers your heart and mind tonight, and you shall wake up feeling refreshed tomorrow. Good night.” – Unknown
86. “Goodnight. Sleep awaits those of us who dare to dream.” – Anthony T. Hincks
87. “As you go to bed tonight, sleep with the knowledge that God sees your plights and hears your cries, and in due time will grant you the desires of your heart. Good night.” – Unknown
88. “Star light, star bright, you are the 1st and last I think of tonight. Goodnight, my true love.” – Unknown
89. “Goodnight. Let the stars light the way to where your dreams can be found awaiting your arrival.” – Anthony T. Hincks
90. “Good night and good luck.” – Edward R. Murrow
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of book quotes about the power of reading from your favorite authors.
Good night quotes to bring positive thoughts
A study published in the Journal of Sleep Research found that a consistent bedtime routine can improve the quality of sleep and reduce the time it takes to fall asleep.
This statistic highlights the benefits of establishing a regular bedtime routine, which can include activities such as reading or listening to calming music.
91. “Positive thoughts breed a positive life, so close your eyes hoping for a brighter future. Have a blessed good night sleep and sweet dreams!” – Unknown
92. “As the night gets dark, let your worries fade. Sleep peacefully knowing you’ve done all you can do for today.” – Roald Dahl
93. “Let the sheep jump over the moon as you count them until your eyes close shut, knowing tomorrow is filled with adventure.” – Unknown
94. “Tomorrow is a new day and a new start to make things the best they can be! Let someone know what they mean to you! Goodnight!” – Unknown
95. “The sea will grant each man new hope, and sleep will bring dreams of home.” – Christopher Columbus
96. “A good night sleep and beautiful dream are the best things to charm your tomorrow.” – Unknown
97. “Before you fall asleep every day, say something positive to yourself.” – Enid Bagnold
98. “Only a peaceful good night sleep can help you to start afresh tomorrow with new positive energy.” – Unknown
99. “Let your mind weave into your subconscious. Your dreams will be filled with the beautiful castles your mind creates.” – Unknown
100. “The night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.” – Vincent van Gogh
Good night quotes for the best rest
According to data from the American Psychological Association, stress is a common cause of sleep problems, with 43% of adults reporting that stress has interfered with their sleep at least once in the past month.
This statistic underscores the impact that stress can have on our sleep and the importance of managing stress levels to improve sleep quality.
101. Don’t fight with the pillow, but lay down your head and kick every worriment out of the bed. – Edmund Vance Cooke
102. “I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” – Sarah Williams
103. “Day is over, night has come. Today is gone, what’s done is done. Embrace your dreams, through the night. Tomorrow comes with a whole new light.”- George Orwell
104. “Night is always darker before the dawn and life is the same, the hard times will pass, everything will get better and sun will shine brighter than ever.” – Ernest Hemingway
105. “Sleep is the best meditation.” – Dalai Lama
106. “Sleeping is no mean art: for its sake one must stay awake all day.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
107. “Throw off your worries when you throw off your clothes at night.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
108. “The darkest night is often the bridge to the brightest tomorrow.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
109. “Goodnight stars, goodnight air, goodnight noises everywhere.” – Margaret Wise Brown
110. “And I start sleeping and dreaming and I think I’ll dream about you, all through the night.” – John Mayer
Good night love and sweet dreams quotes
111. “The day is over, it’s time for rest. Sleep well my dear you gave it your best. Tomorrow comes, oh so soon, close your eyes and awake before noon.” – Catherine Pulsifer
112. “The night is longer than a day for those who dream & day is longer than night for those who make their dreams comes true.” – Jack Kerouac
113. “Life always offers you a second chance. is called tomorrow.” – Dylan Thomas
114. “I dream of the day when each night will end with good night and not goodbye. That day will come soon.” – Unknown
115. “Dreams are the powerhouse of inspiration. Go on to dreamland, knowing that you are embarking on a new adventure each time.” – Unknown
116. “Remember this: An ending is always the start of something new. Good night!” – Unknown
117. “Goodnight, goodnight, goodnight, What more is there to say than goodnight? We’ve had a lot of fun and it’s time to toodle-oo. Au revoir, auf wiendersehn and Inka, dinks doo. Goodnight, goodnight, goodnight.” – Jimmy Durante
118. “Never go to sleep with anger in your heart. Lie down and let the darkness lift the pain and bitterness away before you fall asleep. You will wake up refreshed and ready.” – Unknown
119. “Life is full of new beginnings, and a new day tomorrow brings, sleep well.” – Catherine Pulsifer
120. “Good-night dear friend! I say good-night to thee. Across the moonbeams, tremulous and white, bridging all space between us!” – Hester A. Benedict
121. “May the good memories of today lull you to sleep.” – Kate Summer
Beautiful good night quotes and messages
122. “I love the silent hour of the night, For blissful dreams may then arise, Revealing to my charmed sight – What may not bless my waking eyes.” – Anne Brontë
123. “Never apologize for burning too brightly or collapsing into yourself every night. That is how galaxies are made.” ― Tyler Kent
124. “I wish for you a good night of sleep, sweet dreams, and a smiling morning.” ― Debasish Mridha
125. “A really good night is when neighbours are calm and their dog is not barking all night long. I wish that nothing could interrupt your precious sleep, until the morning sun shows up. Good night!” – Unknown
126. “The time between good night to good morning, all poetries are mentioned by her with his love and their good memories.” ― Vaishal Sheth
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of good morning texts for her to help your loved one wake up feeling appreciated.
127. “The day has passed, it is already the night, the angels shall come and will visit you, bringing the sweetest dreams.” – Unknown
128. “I close my eyes, then I drift away, into the magic night I softly say. A silent prayer, like dreamers do, then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you.” ― Roy Orbison
129. “I realize that the sun has set, I understand that you are tired, but I can‘t understand how could you fall asleep if you haven‘t wished good night for somebody. Sleep well.” – Unknown
130. “Sleep is the golden chain that binds health and our bodies together.” ― Thomas Dekker
131. “I hope you fall asleep softly and sleep soundly. Tomorrow, you will surely wake up full of energy and positivity to face a new day.” – Unknown
132. “We are such stuff as dreams are made on; and our little life is rounded with a sleep.” ― William Shakespeare
133. “May tonight be a lovely and serene bridge that will lead you to a wonderful tomorrow.” – Unknown
134. “Each morning sees some task begun, each evening sees it close; Something attempted, something done, has earned a night’s repose.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
135. “O bed! O bed! Delicious bed! That heaven upon earth to the weary head.” ― Thomas Hood, Miss Kilmansegg
Goodnight quotes to put you in the right place before you sleep
136. “Keep your worries aside and follow the night with new thoughts. Good Night!” – Unknown
137. “Night is a world lit by itself.” – Antonio Porchia
138. “I wish for you a good night, a good sleep, and when you awake with energy and passion you will abound.” – Kate Summers
139. “You can’t change everything in one night, but one night can change everything.” – John Updike
140. “When I go to bed and cannot sleep, I don’t waste time by counting sheep; I count all my blessings, one by one.” – Eldred Herbert
141. “We need good quality, restful sleep to feel our best and maintain health; to renew and restore physically as well as psychologically.” – Howard Vanes
142. “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer.” – Maya Angelou
143. “To all, to each, a fair good night, And pleasant dreams and slumbers light.” – Sir Walter Scott
144. “Good night now, and rest. Today was a test, You passed it, you’re past it. Now breathe till unstressed.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda
145. “Good night! Ah, good the night that wraps thee in its silver light.
Good night! No night is good to me that does not bring a thought of thee.” – Unknown
Goodnight quotes and messages
146. “As night falls upon the land it is time to sleep again with the moon, I am here to wish you good night.” – Unknown
147. “If you go to bed at night and think about your day and you haven’t laughed very much, then you must jump out of bed and go do something fun.” – Marlo Morgan
148. “A Good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book. Good Night.” – Unknown
149. “To have a good night, give all your worries, and concerns to God in prayer.” – Catherine Pulsifer
150. “Good night, sleep tight, may your dreams take you on a wonderful flight.” – Kate Summers
151. “Going to sleep the same time and waking up the same time is essential for getting a good night’s sleep.” – Howard Vanes
152. “Good night! God keep you till the morning, and guard you safe from every harm, I pray.” – Lyliam Williams
153. “As you end this day, before you sleep, remember to count your blessings, not your troubles.” – Catherine Pulsifer
154. “Before you fall asleep at night, thank God for three things that happened during the day.” – Robert Morgan
155. “One of the best things you can do to help you find a good night’s rest is to develop a routine for yourself that you stick to each night.” – Julie Schoen
Good night sweet dreams quotes for the best sleep
156. “If my dreams will be one of the memories I cannot forget, I hope that you are in them.” – Unknown
157. “Your future depends on your dreams, so go to sleep.” — Mesut Barazany
158. “The night is still young, you can still dream of the goals you want to achieve.” – Unknown
159. “I wish for you a goodnight of sleep, sweet dreams, and a smiling morning.”― Debasish Mridha
160. “So for tonight, let us just enjoy the night and give a new meaning to sweet dreams.” – Unknown
161. “Sweet Dreams.
Because anything else would be just a nightmare.
Goodnight.”― Anthony T. Hincks
162. “The night is to see dreams and the next day is to make them come alive. May you dream big and wake up with determination to achieve them all.” – Unknown
163. “The night still bold
The cold singing by
The crickets on their turbo
Ushering in a celestial night in beautiful robe
For tonight he will wonder into a glorious quest of the night
As he lay down his head, will the Angels guard him
Good night and sweet dreams”― Perpetua Ukakogu
164. “Take a moment to appreciate yourself warrior. You got through the day without fears or insecurities. You can conquer the world yet again tomorrow. Sweet dreams.” – Unknown
165. “The success of tomorrow depends on how well you rest tonight. I want you to sleep and rest, so that our day may be cheerful tomorrow. May the angels watch over you. Sweet dreams.” – Unknown
Good night quotes to uplift your mood
166. “Always end the day with a positive thought. Sending you this wish to help you smile before you rest your eyes. Good night.” – Unknown
167. “Sleep is God. Go worship.”― Jim Butcher
168. “Keep on telling yourself that tomorrow will be a whole new day to look forward to.” – Unknown
169. “A well spent day brings happy sleep.” — Leonardo da Vinci
170. “Never end your day with negativity, it will just give you strange nightmare.” – Unknown
171. “There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep.”― Homer
172. “Forgive everyone before you go to sleep – goodnight.” – Asad Meah
173. “End the day with gratitude. There is someone, somewhere that has less than you.” — Zig Ziglar
174. “The stars sparkle and shine as you do in my life. Have a good night’s sleep.” – Unknown
175. “Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.” — Benjamin Franklin
Goodnight quotes and messages for your loved ones
176. “I wish you the sweetest dreams, my Princess! Rest your head on your pillow and close your eyes. I will be right beside you. Let’s meet together in our dreams! Where shall we go?” – Unknown
177. “I just want to say, good night, sweet prince, may flight of angels sing thee to thy rest.” – Harry Dean Stanton
178. “No matter how far you are… you are always in my thoughts! Good night.” – Unknown
179. “Sweet dreams, the queen of my heart. Sleep well my love and have sweet dreams about me.” – Unknown
180. “Good night messages doesn’t only mean good night or sweet dreams. It also silently says that I think of you before going to bed. Good night.” – Unknown
181. “Dear friend
Don’t be worried about tomorrow…
I will always be there to set things right.
Good night.” – Unknown
182. “Sleep well because my love is the wings to cover you and my hug and kiss are the warmth to give you pleasure. Good night darling.” – Unknown
183. “Every day I spend with you is the new best day of my life. Can’t wait for the morning. Good night, baby.” – Unknown
184. “If the stars really could be wished upon, I would spend every wish on you. But tonight, I wish for you restful sleep, undisturbed by all the worries of this world. And for me, my only wish is to dream of you. Goodnight my love.” – Unknown
185. “As you sleep, may the angels play the sweetest songs in heaven for you. Goodnight, darling.” – Unknown
Good night quotes to inspire the best sleep
186. “Whenever you have a dream inside your heart, never let it go because dreams are the tiny seeds from which a beautiful tomorrow grows. Have a wonderful dream tonight!” – Unknown
187. “Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.” – Mahatma Gandhi
188. “Moon is gonna be with you for rest of the night, have a wonderful night.” – Unknown
189. “Shhhhh… Time to dream. Good night.” – Unknown
190. “I see the moon and the moon sees me and the moon sees my friends wherever they be. So goodnight sun and goodnight moon. Goodnight my friends. Talk to you soon.” – Unknown
191. “Close your eyes, take a deep breath and have a sweet dream. Good night!.” – Unknown
192. “If someone wishes you good night every day. You’re happier than so many people.” – Martin Freeman
193. “Life without sleeping does not exist, day without night is not the blessing, this your time to enjoy God’s nature inside of you with your eyes closed.” – Unknown
194. “Don’t lose hope. You never know what tomorrow will bring. Good night!” – Unknown
195. “Tonight, may angels surround your bed and bright crystals illuminate your path to beautiful dreams. Good night.” – Unknown
Good night quotes to bring you peace
196. “By night, beloved, tie your heart to mine and let them both in dreams defeat the darkness.” – Pablo Neruda
197. “Changing turns at night, just smiling a little, is a sign of a good dream.” – Unknown
198. “You will not be able to enjoy a good night’s sleep unless you’ve worked hard during the day.” – Talal Abu-Ghazaleh
199. “Let’s say goodbye, and let’s go into the world of dreams.” – Unknown
200. “Let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, Adventure.” – J. K. Rowling
201. “The moon has scattered the moonlight, the stars have decorated the sky, to say good night to you, look, an angel has come from heaven… good night .. !!” – Unknown
202. “May the nights always be aglow with the bliss of the day with unharmed hands and feet and kissed cheeks.” – Sanober Khan
203. “In this sweet night before sweet sleep. From dear to my loved ones in the hope of dreams. Good night!” – Unknown
204. “There is something to be said for the night. The darkness holds a sense of promise, as if anything could happen.” – Meg Collett
205. “Good night. May you fall asleep in the arms of a dream, so beautiful, you’ll cry when you awake.” — Michael Faudet
Lovely Good night quotes
206. “Don’t let your dark side dominate you with pessimism. Just close your eyes and relax. Wait until morning reveals its light to you and remove the darkness.” – Unknown
207. “Rose, thanks for the lovely prayer. Now shut up and get into bed.” — Dorothy Zbornak
208. “Good night. Regardless of what has happened to you, right now is the time to rest, so just rest. Take a break from tension and decide to release all negativity from your mind. Allow yourself to sink into relaxation and experience the purity of the night until morning calls.” – Unknown
209. “The longest way must have its close – the gloomiest night will wear on to a morning.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
210. “You have nothing to lose by being a positive person. In fact, it will benefit you. After living your day to the fullest, make your night a time to get a full rest. Do it all while staying positive and you will always make good progress in your life.” – Unknown
211. “A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.” – Charlotte Bronte
212. “Night is supposed to be a peaceful time, so tell your mind to quit all the noise and just chill. It’s time to sleep.” – Unknown
213. “It is better to sleep on things beforehand than lie awake about them afterwards.” – Baltasar Gracian
214. “As a day is about to end again, it’s nice to remember that I have a friend like you. Let’s make life great again tomorrow. As for now, let’s go to the dreamland. I hope we can meet there.” – Unknown
215. “A million stars have lit up the night sky just like you have lit up my entire life. My days start with you in the morning and end with you at night! Good night!” – Unknown
Good night quotes to charm you
216. “Forget about the world, this time is yours, It’s called the night. When you can sleep tight, so just do it right? Good night.” – Unknown
217. “May the angels send you unlimited blessings tonight for the days to come. Good night, and do not let the bed bugs bite!” – Unknown
218. “Good night, give thanks to your many blessings and watch your worries fly away.” – Unknown
219. “Hoping that tomorrow will bless you with lots of opportunities and reasons to be happy. Recharge yourself tonight, tomorrow’s going to be another adventurous day.” – Unknown
220. “Good night, sleep tight, wake up bright. In the morning light, to do what’s right, with all your might.” – Unknown
221. “Let’s leave all the unpleasant memories tonight and start the new day with a happy heart.” – Unknown
222. “Always here, always hopeful. Wishing you the best “good night” I possibly can!” – Unknown
223. “As the day renews, I wish it will also recharge your happiness and energy meter. Lovely night, may the angels sing you to sleep tonight.” – Unknown
224. “Sleep is an investment in the energy you need to be effective tomorrow.” ― Tom Roth
225. “The night brings an interval to our challenges, troubles and doubts. I hope a good night sleep provides you with the peace, wisdom and strength you need to win your battles tomorrow.” – Unknown
Unforgettable good night quotes
226. “Life always offers you a second chance. It’s called tomorrow.”- Unknown
227. “I’ll sleep well tonight.” – Henry Ford
228. “As the moonlight dims and the world goes quite, give yourself some rest. Here’s to hoping that your sleep is as sweet as you are.”- Unknown
229. “Finish each day before you begin the next, and interpose a solid wall of sleep between the two. This you cannot do without temperance.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
230. “Amazing, another day over. Good night, sleep well and look forward to tomorrow.”- Unknown
231. “May sleep envelop you as a bed sheet floating gently down, tickling your skin and removing every worry. Reminding you to consider only this moment.”- Jeb Dickerson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of worry quotes to help you calm your fears.
232. “Good night, sleep tight, awake full of joy at the morning light.” – Theodore Higgingsworth
233. “It all comes down to the last person you think of at night.-. That’s where your heart is.” – Unknown
234. “As you lay down to sleep, may the good Lord keep you through the night.” – Kate Summers
235. “It doesn’t matter where you come from but what matters most is to understand where you going. Goodnight and catch the sweet dreams!”- Unknown
236. “The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.” – Shannon L. Alder
237. “Soft pillows and warm sheets, mystical dreams and the cozy cuddles. May your dreams & fantasies be full of amazing thoughts. Good night!” – Unknown
238. “Listen to the night sky; the mockingbird always sings you my lullaby.”– Jmemo
239. “Go to sleep in peace. God is awake.”– Victor Hugo
240. “Early sleep and early wake up gives health and makes you grow.”— Portuguese Proverb
Don’t forget to also read our collection of moon quotes celebrating the shine in darkness.
More good night quotes and sayings
241. “Every night, I think of you before bed with the hopes of having you in my dreams.” – Unknown
242. “Good night. Hope to meet up with you in my dreams.” – Unknown
243. “Sweet sight good night! Remember me when mosquitoes bite!” – Priyanshu Singh
244. “And tonight, I will fall asleep with you in my heart. Good night.” – Unknown
245. “Saying goodnight is not just putting an end to a day. It’s a way of saying, I remember u before I go to sleep.” – Unknown
246. “Thinking of you before I go to sleep always gives me the best dreams. Good night sweet dreams my love.” – Unknown
247. “Dreams is a magical memory that unites fantasy and reality. Hope you’ll have the sweetest dream tonight.” – Unknown
248. “At the end of the day, all I wish to see is your smile, and that makes my day. Hope you had a great one! Good night love.” – Unknown
249. “I can’t close my eyes without you in my dreams.” – Luke Bryan
250. I want to say good night to you, but I’m thinking how. I just pray to god to keep you tonight. – Priyanshu Singh
Good night quotes about the sunset
251. “Every sunset is an opportunity to reset.” – Richie Norton
252. “Sunsets are loved because they vanish.” – Ray Bradbury
253. “There is nothing more musical than a sunset.” – Claude Debussy
254. “Don’t forget: Beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies.” – Paulo Coelho
255. “It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.” – Bernard Williams
256. “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” – Jo Walton
257. “Sunsets are proof that endings can be beautiful too.” – Beau Taplin
258. “There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day.” – Rachel Boston
259. “There’s always a sunrise and always a sunset and it’s up to you to choose to be there for it…Put yourself in the way of beauty.” – Cheryl Strayed
260. Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.” – Kristen Butler
Funny sleep and good night quotes
261. “When the going gets tough, the tough take a nap.” – Tom Hodgkinson
262. “I love to sleep. Do you? Isn’t it great? It really is the best of both worlds. You get to be alive and unconscious.” — Rita Rudner
263. “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know?” — Ernest Hemingway
264. “I already want to take a nap tomorrow.” – Unknown
265. “No day is so bad it can’t be fixed with a nap.” — Carrie Snow
266. “Happiness is waking up, looking at the clock and finding that you still have two hours left to sleep.” — Charles M. Schulz
267. “No wonder Sleeping Beauty looked so good…she took long naps, never got old, and didn’t have to do anything but snore to get her Prince Charming.” — Olive Green
268. “I want to sleep but my brain won’t stop talking to itself.” — Anonymous
269. “Sleep is like a cat: It only comes to you if you ignore it.” -— Gillian Flynn
270. “Not being able to sleep is terrible. You have the misery of having partied all night… without the satisfaction.” — Lynn Johnston
Good night quotes that will make you think
271. “Everybody winds up kissing the wrong person goodnight.” ― Andy Warhol
272. “There’s nothing good about goodnight when it means goodbye.” ― Jeff Thomas
273. “One man’s bad day is another man’s good night.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
274. “You may see all that is around you
But you may feel nothing at all.
So try and close your eyes so tight
And listen to the night time fall.”
― Stephen Cosgrove
275. “Bedtime is daytime,
and we come into bloom
― Lenore Kandel
276. “Be my bedtime story and the thoughts that won’t let me fall asleep. Be the conversation that I always have in my head at 3 AM and that beautiful voice that never lets me sleep.” ― Akshay Vasu
277. “So much is yet to come. Soon will be blankets and pillows, and books by the bed to make the stuff of dreams. And then tomorrows.” ― Jim McCann
278. “Before you go to bed think about what you left behind in the wake of the day…” ― Nanette L. Avery
279. “I lie in bed most nights, thinking of things.” ― Lincoln Michel
280. “Tonight, as with other nights, some people that you know are thinking either pleasant or malicious thoughts about you. Just imagine the pleasant ones before you go to sleep, and you’ll wake up with a sublime smile on your lips.” ― Danny Castillones Sillada
Short Good Night Quotes That Are Sweet
281. “My soul and your soul are forever entangled.” — N.R. Hart
282. “You are, and always have been, my dream.” — Nicholas Sparks
283. “Each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” — Rosemonde Gerard
284. “We only part to meet again.” — John Gay
285. “I wish you to know you have been the last dream of my soul.” — Charles Dickens
286. “I love you past the moon and miss you beyond the stars.” — J.M. Storm
287. “I never want to stop making memories with you.” — Pierre Jeanty
288. “It is lonely here and I miss your light.” — Ranata Suzuki
289. “May you dream of lovely things and wake to find them real.” — J.J. Heller
290. “Touch your heart and shut your eyes, dream sweet dreams and sleep tight!” — Nilam Roy
Good Night Quotes To Make You Have Calm Sleep
291. “Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming.” — David Bowie
292. “Tired minds don’t plan well. Sleep first, plan later.” — Walter Reisch
293. “Don’t make things too complicated. Try to relax, enjoy every moment, get used to everything.” — Angelique Kerber
294. “After all, tomorrow is another day!” — Margaret Mitchell
295. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” — Lyndon B. Johnson
296. “There is only one thing people like that is good for them; a good night’s sleep.” — E. W. Howe
297. “Sleep is the best time to repair, but it’s hard to get a good night’s rest when we don’t dial the inner chatter down.” — Kris Carr
298. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” — Dr. Seuss
299. “Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they’re already asleep.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr
300. “Close your eyes, and I’ll kiss you; Tomorrow I’ll miss you.” — Paul McCartney
Good Night Quotes To Have a Good Night Rest
301. “I believe the greatest asset a head of state can have is the ability to get a good night’s sleep.” — Harold Wilson
302. “As I have discovered, what you feed your mind in the day will affect your quality of sleep at night.” — Yvonne Haughton
303. “Night is the fatherland of the great inspirations.” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
304. “Night has come. It is time for you to sleep, my love, so we can be happy tomorrow as we usually are.” — Ambika
305. “Anything seems possible at night when the rest of the world has gone to sleep.” — David Almond
306. “Dreaming of you is my greatest escape.” — Perry Poetry
307. “Down there the nights are bright and nobody believes in the Devil.” — Cornelia Funke
308. “Night is purer than day; it is better for thinking, loving, and dreaming.” — Elie Wiesel
309. “Good night sweetheart! It can’t be ten, I know; That clock had better go a little slow!” — Mary E. Day
310. “It’s time to stretch from small to tall to see the moon so bright. It lights our way and seems to say, ‘God bless you and good night.’” — Hannah C. Hall
Good Night Quotes for a Cuddly Night
311. “Will you come down and kiss me good night?” ― Anais Nin
312. “Good night, belovedest. Your sleep will be sweet if there is any influences in the wishes of your own.” ― Lucy Maud Montgomery
313. “Forget health clinics and gyms. Sex is the best cure. One good night of sex and your problems are gone.” ― Grace Jones
314. “So, good night unto you all. Give me your hands, if we be friends, and Robin shall restore amends.” ― William Shakespeare
315. “Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.” ― J. K. Rowling
316. “Yesterday ended last night. Today is a brand new day.” — Zig Ziglar
317. “A good night’s sleep, or a ten-minute bawl, or a pint of chocolate ice cream, or all three together, is good medicine.” ― Ray Bradbury
318. “I have such a desire to sleep and am so much behind in my sleep. A good night, one good night, and all this nonsense will be swept away.” ― Jean-Paul Sartre
319. “If I had my way, we’d sleep every night all wrapped around each other like hibernating rattlesnakes.” ― William S. Burroughs
320. “He had kissed her good night that night, and she had tasted like strawberry daiquiris, and he had never wanted to kiss anyone else again.” ― Neil Gaiman
Good Night Quotes for Sweet Dreams and Soothing Thoughts
321. “I didn’t want to kiss you goodbye — that was the trouble — I wanted to kiss you good night — and there’s a lot of difference.” ― Ernest Hemingway
322. “Good Night Sweet Prince and a flight of angels sing to thy rest.” ― Douglas Fairbanks
323. “Some day, my son, you are going to learn that the two greatest joys of being a man are beating the hell out of someone and getting the hell beaten out of you, good night.” ― Richard Price
324. “If you listen very carefully, you can hear the good fairy come in the night and leave our assignment for tomorrow.” ― Orson Scott Card
325. “Good night, Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I’ll most likely kill you in the morning.” ― William Goldman
326. “I took care of myself. Basically I’m a vegetarian, I run every day, I exercise. I kind of control my living habits. I try to get a good night’s sleep every night, I don’t stay up all night and do all that stuff.” ― Johnny Ramistella
327. “A good idea will keep you awake during the morning, but a great idea will keep you awake during the night.” ― Marilyn vos Savant
328. “Do not go gently into that good night but rage, rage against the dying of the light.” ― Dylan Thomas
329. “Night is longer than day for those who dream & day is longer than night for those who make their dreams comes true.” ― Jack Kerouac
330. “Only trust in God can transform doubts into certainty, evil into good, night into radiant dawn.” ― Pope Francis
Ready to say these wonderful good night quotes to someone special?
Whether it’s a friend, partner, or family member, ending the day by wishing them good night assures them of your love.
Accompany it with a sweet kiss or a tight embrace.
Whichever message you choose to send out and how, either way, it would truly send them off the dreamland with a smile.
Hopefully, the good night love quotes above will help keep your worries aside so you can follow the night with happiness.
Check out this adorable goodnight wall art for your bedroom!
Which of these good night sweet dreams quotes was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
May 21, 2022 at 3:33 PM
Awesome good night quotes. Good night messages are important especially if you are in a long-distance relationship with your loved one or with your best friend or any other person that you value. Although you miss them dearly, you can still send nuggets of love to your loved ones by offering some pleasant and sweet goodnight messages.
Danielle Dahl, Lead Contributor
May 23, 2022 at 12:07 PM
That is very true! Thanks for commenting!
June 5, 2019 at 5:22 AM
Thanks for these Awesome inspirational quotes that have motivated to take up challenges more fearlessly in 2019. I have been a follower of your articles and read most of your article.
Dr. Nikki Martinez
June 9, 2019 at 6:49 PM
That is so kind of you to say. I genuinely appreciate it. – Dr. Nikki Martinez