Many of us crave the summer sun and those long days where we are gifted with an extra dose of vitamin D.
If you love celebrating those hot months, these summer quotes will have you feeling the warmth of the sun all year long!
We all love summer.
Whether it’s because of the warm weather, the barbecues or the long days, we are so much happier when summer comes around.
Summer offers endless possibilities, and we should all strive to make the most of this precious time of the year.
Get out of the house and reconnect with nature, get immersed in a great summer read or take the opportunity to go out on vacation.
That said, the summer will eventually fade away just like all good things do.
So, no matter how you plan on spending your summer season, immerse yourself in every moment and be ready to embrace the unknown.
To help you celebrate the precious sunny days, below is our collection of beautiful, inspirational, and heart-warming summer quotes, summer sayings, and summer proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Summer Quotes Celebrating Sunny Days
1. “Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” ― Henry James
2. “In the summertime, when the weather is hot, you can reach right up and touch the sky.” – Mungo Jerry
3. “Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August.” — Jenny Han
4. “It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine … it’s summertime!” ― Kenny Chesney
5. “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
6. “Summer is singing with joy, and the beaches are inviting you with dancing waves,” – Debasish Mridha
7. “Smell the sea, and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly.” – Van Morrison
8. “Sun is shining. Weather is sweet. Make you wanna move your dancing feet.” – Bob Marley
9. “Let us dance in the sun, wearing wildflowers in our hair…” ― Susan polis Schutz
10. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of sea quotes to invoke depth and exploration.
Summer quotes celebrating sunshine, love and laughter
11. “Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate.” ―William Shakespeare
12. “The summer night is like a perfection of thought.” – Wallace Stevens
13. “Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you.” – Langston Hughes
14. “Oh sun! Fervid Sun! You welcome me with summer. Drench me in your rays.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
15. “Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun.” – Brian Wilson
16. “Sweet, sweet burn of sun and summer wind, and you my friend, my new fun thing, my summer fling.” — K.D. Lang
17. “Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” – Sam Keen
18. “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time.” – John Lubbock
19. “Summer has always been my favorite season. I feel happier.” — Zooey Deschanel
20. “In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explode, and every sunset is different.” ― John Steinbeck
You might also like these amazing autumn quotes that show the beauty of the season.
Summer quotes about freedom and happiness
21. “In summer, the song sings itself.” – William Carlos Williams
22. “Summer would not be summer without Ice-cream. Ice-cream is the favorite currency of love.” — Puck
23. “I love how summer just wraps it’s arms around you like a warm blanket.” ― Kellie Elmore
24. “Just living is not enough … one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” – Hans Christian Andersen
25. “I’ve always played my best golf in the summer.” – Keegan Bradley
26. “A life without love is like a year without summer.” – Swedish Proverb
27. “There’s something very humble about it, and natural and beautiful.” – Ed Westwick
28. “Summertime is always the best of what might be.” ― Charles Bowden
29. “I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.” – L.M. Montgomery
30. “A little bit of summer is what the whole year is all about.” – John Mayer
Summer quotes that will make you smile
31. “One benefit of summer was that each day we had more light to read by.” – Jeannette Walls
32. “Why is summer mist romantic and autumn mist just sad?” – Dodie Smith
33. “Life, now, was unfolding before me, constantly and visibly, like the flowers of summer that drop fanlike petals on eternal soil.” ― Roman Payne
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of flower quotes to remind you to smell the roses.
34. “It is easy to forget now, how effervescent and free we all felt that summer.” – Anna Godbersen
35. “I want to win trophies in the summer and not accolades in the winter.” – Toni Kroos
36. “For one swallow does not make a summer, nor does one day; and so too one day, or a short time, does not make a man blessed and happy.” – Aristotle
37. “There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart.” – Celia Thaxter
38. “I like summer. I like warmer weather and long days. I’m one of those silly people who still enjoy lying in the sun—my children are horrified!” — Danielle Steel
39. “This summer, we need to let our kids go play and we need to stop worrying about whether or not it’s going to ruin their chances of getting into college.” – Darell Hammond
40. “Summer, after all, is a time when wonderful things can happen to quiet people. for those few months, you’re not required to be who everyone thinks you are, and that cut-grass smell in the air and the chance to dive into the deep end of a pool give you a courage you don’t have the rest of the year.” ― Deb Caletti
Don’t forget to also read these August quotes and sayings celebrating the Sunday of summer.
Summer quotes that will have you feeling warm
41. “If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.” — Bern Williams
42. “It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.” ― Maud Hart Lovelace
43. “Summer has filled her veins with light and her heart is washed with noon.” – C. Day Lewis
44. “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
45. “I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this.” – Susan Branch
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like our collection of October quotes about its nature and beauty.
46. “Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy. To do nothing and have it count for something. To lie in the grass and count the stars. To sit on a branch and study the clouds.” – Regina Brett
47. “Some of the best memories are made in flip flops.” — Kellie Elmore
48. “I’m obsessed with frozen yogurt because you don’t feel totally guilty eating it. It’s not as bad as ice cream, and during the hot summer months, it’s a great way to just refresh.” – Caroline Sunshine
49. “If it could only be like this always — always summer, always alone, the fruit always ripe.” – Evelyn Waugh
50. “If summer had one defining scent, it’d definitely be the smell of barbecue.” — Katie Lee
You might also like these inspirational sunflower quotes that are filled with life lessons.
Other beautiful and inspirational summer quotes and sayings
51. “In the long dusks of summer we walked the suburban streets through scents of maple and cut grass, waiting for something to happen.” ― Steven Millhauser
52. “If you’re not barefoot, then you’re overdressed.” — Unknown
53. “I have only to break into the tightness of a strawberry, and I see summer – its dust and lowering skies.” ― Toni Morrison
54. “You’re like a cold beer, darling, on a long hot summer night.” – Rod Stewart
55. “A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.” – James Dent
56. “The grill is the summer equivalent of a fireplace; everyone gravitates to it.”– Katie Lee
57. “In the summer, the days were long, stretching into each other. Out of school, everything was on pause and yet happening at the same time, this collection of weeks when anything was possible.” ― Sarah Dessen
58. “Rejoice as summer should…chase away sorrows by living.” – Melissa Marr
59. “Reading is a joy for my kids, and to swing in a hammock on a lazy summer day reading a good book just goes with summer.” – Marcia Gay Harden
60. “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” – John Steinbeck
Also, check out these June quotes that will have you falling in love with summertime all over again.
More summer quotes and sayings
61. “Summer was our best season everything good to eat, a thousand colors in a parched landscape.” – Harper Lee
62. “I love summer in Glasgow, it’s my favourite day of the year.” – Fuad Alakbarov
63. “Summer loves, like summer breezes, are never as hot or long as they pretend to be.” – Jeffrey Fry
64. “Summer has always been good to me, even the bittersweet end, with the slanted yellow light.” – Paul Monette
65. “Summer is a gentleman: slowly warming the earth at length before undressing her in the fall.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
66. “Summer had a way of being full of fun and things to do and plenty of times of doing nothing and feeling bored.” – Sofi Benitez
67. “In summer, we grow younger and stay young forever.” – Debasish Mridha
68. “There’s nothing more beautiful than watching trees getting dressed up for Spring and Summer.” – Charmaine J Forde
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of spring quotes celebrating life, love and change.
69. “Summer arrives with the morning sun. Beach time breezes in with endless fun.” – Debasish Mridha
70. “Every summer, like the roses, childhood returns.” – Marty Rubin
Romantic Memories of Summer Quotes
71. “I know I am but summer to your heart, and not the full four seasons of the year.” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
72. “In the summer I stretch out on the shore and think of you. Had I told the sea what I felt for you, it would have left its shores, Its shells, Its fish, and followed me.” – نزار قباني
73. “I almost wish we were butterflies and liv’d but three summer days – three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain.” – John Keats
74. “Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains.” – Diane Ackerman
75. “People don’t notice whether it’s winter or summer when they’re happy.” – Anton Chekhov
76. “Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams.” – Hosea Ballou
77. “Some people plant in the spring and leave in the summer. If you’re signed up for a season, see it through. You don’t have to stay forever, but at least stay until you see it through.” – Jim Rohn
78. “Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons. But when all is said and done, they have one thing in common: They are shooting stars-a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity. And in a flash, they’re gone.” – Nicholas Sparks
79. “We were both young when I first saw you. I close my eyes and the flashback starts. I’m standin’ there on a balcony in summer air.” – Taylor Swift
80. “There was nothing like a Saturday – unless it was the Saturday leading up to the last week of school and into summer vacation. That of course was all the Saturdays of your life rolled into one big shiny ball.” – Nora Roberts
Summer quotes on how it brings warm feelings
81. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus
82. “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, “Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” – Lewis Carroll
83. “By then, you’d gone on with your life and I didn’t want to think about you loving someone else. I wanted to remember us like we were that summer. I didn’t ever want to lose that.” – Nicholas Sparks
84. “Every summer since I was little, I’ve gone to garage sales and bought all the books that looked interesting. So I always have something to read.” – John Green
85. “I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen of meadow flowers and butterflies in summers that have been.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
86. “The summer sun was not meant for boys like me. Boys like me belonged to the rain.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
87. “After all, reading is arguably a far more creative and imaginative process than writing; when the reader creates emotion in their head, or the colors of the sky during the setting sun, or the smell of a warm summer’s breeze on their face, they should reserve as much praise for themselves as they do for the writer – perhaps more.” – Jasper Fforde
88. “Aaah, summer – that long anticipated stretch of lazy, lingering days, free of responsibility and rife with possibility. It’s a time to hunt for insects, master handstands, practice swimming strokes, conquer trees, explore nooks and crannies, and make new friends.” – Darell Hammond
89. “Tears are the summer showers to the soul.” – Alfred Austin
90. “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.” – John Donne
Which of these summer quotes is your favorite?
There are lots of great things about summer that many of us look forward to.
Whether it’s splashing in the pool or taking a family vacation, we can finally enjoy precious time in the outdoors.
But just like all good things, summer’s best days will be gone before you know it.
So whatever you decide to do with your summer months, be sure to make the most of every moment.
We hope the quotes above have inspired you to make proper use of the boundless opportunities around you.
Did you enjoy these summer quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
April 29, 2022 5:53 AM EST