Whether you’re a fan of the films or the books, J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings series is packed with incredible inspiration and fantastic imagery. Not only this, but there are dozens of Lord of the Rings quotes that will challenge you to go out and live an epic life!
The Lord of the Rings is considered to be one of the greatest and most influential film trilogies in history. If you’re a millennial, you probably grew up watching the series.
Whether it’s because of the incredible cast or the epic stories, the series has created a cult following that doesn’t seem to have an end.
But besides the attractive characters and the special effects, J.R.R. Tolkien passes on many lessons through his fantasy epic. First, the series encourages us to show courage even in the face of challenges.
No matter who your Lord of the Rings hero is, all characters have one thing in common: Courage. The series also teaches us the importance of hospitality, fellowship, mercy, hope, sacrifice, and many other lessons.
In that respect, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and memorable Lord of the Rings quotes and sayings. Enjoy!
Lord of the Rings Quotes About An Epic Life
1. “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” — Queen Galadriel
2. “Your time will come. You will face the same Evil, and you will defeat it.” – Arwen
3. “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” – Arwen
4. “This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world that we may share in the days of peace.” – Aragorn
5. “Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised.” — Aragorn
6. “You step into the Road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.”― J.R.R. Tolkien
7. “It is useless to meet revenge with revenge: it will heal nothing.” — Frodo
8. “There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power.” – Gandalf
9. “Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.” — Gandalf
10. “A hunted man sometimes wearies of distrust and longs for friendship.”— Aragorn
Lord of the Rings Quotes that will challenge you to live an epic life
11. “The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.” – Gandalf
12. “Who knows? Have patience. Go where you must go, and hope!” — Gandalf
13. “You are the luckiest, the canniest, and the most reckless man I ever knew. Bless you, laddie.” – Gimli
14. “It is not the strength of the body, but the strength of the spirit.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
15. “Anyways, you need people of intelligence on this sort of… mission… quest… thing.” – Pippin
16. “Oh, it’s quite simple. If you are a friend, you speak the password, and the doors will open.” – Gandalf
17. “I will take the Ring, though I do not know the way.” — Frodo
18. “We swears, to serve the master of the Precious. We will swear on… on the Precious!” – Gollum
19. “The Ring has awoken, it’s heard its master’s call.” – Gandalf
20. “The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.” – Haldir
Also read these striking Black Mirror quotes from the Netflix series.
Lord of the Rings quotes to make you strong
21. “Let him not vow to walk in the dark, who has not seen the nightfall.” – Elrond
22. “You may learn something, and whether what you see be fair or evil, that may be profitable, and yet it may not. Seeing is both good and perilous.” — Galadriel
23. “Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere.” – Elrond
24. “The wise speak only of what they know.” – Gandalf
25. “But in the end it’s only a passing thing, this shadow; even darkness must pass.” — Sam
26. “I can’t carry it for you, but I can carry you.” – Sam
27. “Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.” – Bilbo
28. “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” — J. R. R. Tolkien
29. “War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.” – Faramir
30. “The world is full enough of hurts and mischances without wars to multiply them.” – Warden
Lord of the Rings quotes that will enlighten you
31. “The Quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little, and it will fail, to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the Company is true.” – Galadriel
32. “All our hopes now lie with two little hobbits, somewhere in the wilderness.” – Gandalf
33. “Few other griefs amid the ill chances of this world have more bitterness and shame for a man’s heart than to behold the love of a lady so fair and brave that cannot be returned.” – Aragorn
34. “Men are weak. The Blood of Numenor is all but spent, its pride and dignity forgotten. It is because of Men the Ring survives.” – Elrond
35. “For behold! the storm comes, and now all friends should gather together, lest each singly be destroyed.” – Gandalf
36. “There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” — Sam
37. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” — Gandalf
38. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” – Thorin Oakenshield
39. “He that breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom.” — Gandalf
40. “There is no curse in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of Men for this treachery.” – Treebeard
Other wise and memorable Lord of the Rings quotes
41. “Memory is not what the heart desires. That is only a mirror.” — Gimli
42. “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” — J. R. R. Tolkien
43. “Not all those who wander are lost.” — Bilbo
44. “It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing… such a little thing.”— Boromir
45. “I’m glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee…here at the end of all things.” – Frodo
46. “Well, what can I tell you? Life in the wide world goes on much as it has this past Age, full of its own comings and goings, scarcely aware of the existence of Hobbits, for which I am very thankful.” – Gandalf
47. “May your beer be laid under an enchantment of surpassing excellence for seven years!” — Gandalf
48. “For the time will soon come when Hobbits will shape the fortunes of all.” – Galadriel
49. “Evil will be drawn to you from outside the fellowship. And, I fear, from within you must trust yourself. Trust your own strengths.” – Gandalf
50. “It’s the job that’s never started as takes longest to finish.”— Sam Gamgee
Which of these Lord of the Rings quotes is your favorite?
There’s a reason why the Lord of the Rings was heavily awarded and sprouted a massive fandom. The films truly had a positive effect on almost everyone who watched them.
One of the most memorable, complex and influential epic fantasy franchises of all time, the series teaches us many universal lessons. Hopefully, the above quotes have inspired you to go out and live an epic life.
Which of these Lord of the Rings quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Feel free to share with us in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
October 11, 2019 7:20 AM EST