Whether you’re a fan of the films or the books, J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings series is packed with incredible inspiration and fantastic imagery.
Not only this, but there are dozens of Lord of the Rings quotes that will challenge you to go out and live an epic life!
The Lord of the Rings is considered to be one of the greatest and most influential film trilogies in history.
If you’re a millennial, you probably grew up watching the series.
Whether it’s because of the incredible cast or the epic stories, the series has created a cult following that doesn’t seem to have an end.
But besides the attractive characters and the special effects, J.R.R. Tolkien passes on many lessons through his fantasy epic.
First, the series encourages us to show courage even in the face of challenges.
No matter who your Lord of the Rings hero is, all characters have one thing in common: Courage.
The series also teaches us the importance of hospitality, fellowship, mercy, hope, sacrifice, and many other lessons.
In that respect, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and memorable Lord of the Rings quotes and sayings.
And after you’re done reading the quotes below, be sure to also check out our selection of AHS quotes.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Lord of the Rings Quotes About An Epic Life
1. “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” — Queen Galadriel
2. “Your time will come. You will face the same Evil, and you will defeat it.” – Arwen
3. “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” – Arwen
4. “This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world that we may share in the days of peace.” – Aragorn
5. “Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised.” — Aragorn
6. “You step into the Road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.”― J.R.R. Tolkien
7. “It is useless to meet revenge with revenge: it will heal nothing.” — Frodo
8. “There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power.” – Gandalf
9. “Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.” — Gandalf
10. “A hunted man sometimes wearies of distrust and longs for friendship.”— Aragorn
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Bilbo Baggins quotes for the adventurer in you!
Lord of the Rings Quotes that will challenge you to live an epic life
11. “The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.” – Gandalf
12. “Who knows? Have patience. Go where you must go, and hope!” — Gandalf
13. “You are the luckiest, the canniest, and the most reckless man I ever knew. Bless you, laddie.” – Gimli
14. “It is not the strength of the body, but the strength of the spirit.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
15. “Anyways, you need people of intelligence on this sort of… mission… quest… thing.” – Pippin
16. “Oh, it’s quite simple. If you are a friend, you speak the password, and the doors will open.” – Gandalf
17. “I will take the Ring, though I do not know the way.” — Frodo
18. “We swears, to serve the master of the Precious. We will swear on… on the Precious!” – Gollum
19. “The Ring has awoken, it’s heard its master’s call.” – Gandalf
20. “The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.” – Haldir
Also read these striking Black Mirror quotes from the Netflix series.
Lord of the Rings quotes to make you strong
21. “Let him not vow to walk in the dark, who has not seen the nightfall.” – Elrond
22. “You may learn something, and whether what you see be fair or evil, that may be profitable, and yet it may not. Seeing is both good and perilous.” — Galadriel
23. “Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere.” – Elrond
24. “The wise speak only of what they know.” – Gandalf
25. “But in the end it’s only a passing thing, this shadow; even darkness must pass.” — Sam
Which of these Lord of the Rings quotes is your favorite?
There’s a reason why the Lord of the Rings was heavily awarded and sprouted a massive fandom.
The films truly had a positive effect on almost everyone who watched them.
One of the most memorable, complex and influential epic fantasy franchises of all time, the series teaches us many universal lessons.
Hopefully, the above quotes have inspired you to go out and live an epic life.
Which of these Lord of the Rings quotes resonated with you best?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST