Keep on rolling with these Tina Turner quotes from the entertainment legend.
Tina Turner is an American musician and force of nature in the industry.
Her legacy as an artist, model, musician, and dancer will never be forgotten.
Find out more about this great American icon with our Tina Turner quotes below.
Who was Tina Turner?
Tina Turner was an American entertainer who gained international fame with her stunning live shows, hit songs, and legendary swagger.
Check out these Tina Turner facts below:
- Tina Turner’s real name was Anna Mae Bullock.
- Her mother abandoned her at the age of 11.
- She set the Guinness World Record for the largest paying audience to see a solo artist in 1988, selling 180,000 tickets in Brazil.
Tina Turner: American Icon
Tina Turner is the living embodiment of the American Dream.
Her story has sparked countless others to pursue what they love.
She came from humble beginnings growing up in rural Tennessee.
She survived domestic violence at home and was abandoned by her mother.
She fought tooth and nail for a shot to live her dream and never looked back.
Her marriage and relationship with abusive partner Ike Turner is well documented.
Ike did not wish for her to succeed without him, despite her elite-level talent.
He abused her physically and verbally for many years until she had enough and divorced him.
She and Ike had success in the sixties, but by the mid-seventies, Tina broke free from Ike and went solo.
Tina’s Immense Success
Tina is in the upper stratosphere of entertainers.
As a solo artist, she sold over two hundred million records worldwide.
She was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice!
Once for her work as Ike and Tina Turner and again for her solo career.
She has won numerous accolades, broken several records, and received twelve Grammy Awards.
Tina Turner’s Death
Tina Turner lived a beautiful life but was plagued with health problems.
In 2013 she suffered a stroke and had to learn to walk again.
In 2016 she was diagnosed with intestinal cancer.
She preferred homeopathic remedies and had some success but also suffered kidney damage and kidney failure.
Her husband, Erwin Bach, donated one of his kidneys to her in 2017.
She passed away from these health complications in 2023.
To learn more, check out our Tina Turner quotes below
Short Tina Turner Quotes on Creating a Legacy
Let’s start off with some short and powerful Tina Turner quotes about being self-made.
1. “I’m self-made.” — Tina Turner
2. “But that was my dream; to have class.” — Tina Turner
3. “Physical strength in a woman, that’s what I am.” — Tina Turner
4. “I always wanted to make myself a better person because I was not educated.” — Tina Turner
5. “The older you get, the more you realize it’s not what happens, but how you deal with it.” — Tina Turner
Top Tina Turner Quotes About Beauty and Self-care
Tina is a beauty icon, and here are some of her top beauty and self-care quotes.
6. “My greatest beauty secret is being happy with myself.” — Tina Turner
7. “It’s a mistake to think you are what you put on yourself.” — Tina Turner
8. “I will never give in to old age until I become old. And I’m not old yet!” — Tina Turner
9. “I don’t use special creams or treatments; I’ll use a little bit of everything.” — Tina Turner
10. “I believe that a lot of how you look is to do with how you feel about yourself and your life. Happiness is the greatest beauty secret.” — Tina Turner
Tina Turner Quotes About Life
Tina lived an incredible life and certainly has some wisdom to share about it.
11. “Sometimes you’ve got to let everything go, purge yourself.” — Tina Turner
12. “I believe that if you’ll just stand up and go, life will open up for you.” — Tina Turner
13. “If you are unhappy with anything, whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it.” — Tina Turner
14. “You’ll find that when you’re free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.” — Tina Turner
15. “People think my life has been tough, but I think has been a wonderful journey.” — Tina Turner
Tina Turner Quotes About Her Childhood
Tina opens up about her childhood with these nostalgic quotes.
16. “My mother and father didn’t love each other, so they were always fighting.” — Tina Turner
17. “My legacy is that I stayed on course from the beginning to the end because I believed in something inside of me.” — Tina Turner
18. “Oh, I was miserable. I liked being out with the animals. I’d come in the house with my hair pulled out, sash off the dress, dirty as heck. I was always getting spanked.” — Tina Turner
19. “When my parents went off to Knoxville to work, I lived with my father’s mother. She was strict, the kind who starched and ironed dresses. I had to sit more than I played.” — Tina Turner
20. “I’ve never bothered about my color. I never had that thing about being black. If the whole world was like that, maybe there would be more harmony and love.” — Tina Turner
Tina Turner Quotes and Sayings About Spirituality and Self-Love
21. “I am attracted to myths.” — Tina Turner
22. “I want to tell people how to live spiritually.” — Tina Turner
23. “Onstage, I’m acting the whole time I’m there. As soon as I get out of those songs, I’m Tina again.” — Tina Turner
24. “I’m not wise, but the beginning of wisdom is there; it’s like relaxing into and an acceptance of things.” — Tina Turner
25. “I don’t hate myself anymore. I used to hate my work, hated that sexy image, hated those pictures of me onstage, hated that big raunchy person.” — Tina Turner
Tina Turner Changed the World of Music
Tina’s legacy goes beyond becoming a cultural icon.
She shifted the way artists did live performances and presented themselves.
Her work stands tall as an example of what is possible when we believe in our dreams.
What is your favorite Tina Turner quote?
Be sure to let us know in the comments section below.
And if you like reading quotes from legendary female performers, definitely check out these Eartha Kitt quotes!